R4 Raving Rabbids Prototype Sounds Restoration (the SFX re-ripped and the Prototype Ambient has been added to Raytunes!)

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Ilyaman
Lividstone
Tings: 415

R4 Raving Rabbids Prototype Sounds Restoration (the SFX re-ripped and the Prototype Ambient has been added to Raytunes!)

Post by Ilyaman »

Droolie wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:27 pm Well, here's the first part of my discoveries: the sounds. I uploaded the whole sound pack from RRR here (so not only the prototype stuff).
RRR - SFX 1: http://www.multiupload.com/MZAYJRRCUP
RRR - SFX 2: http://www.multiupload.com/2KR0OPSQDQ
Ambients and leftovers from other songs are in RRR - SFX 1.rar, while the eagle stuff (among other very interesting things) is in RRR - SFX 2.rar.
All the files have their original filenames so if they contain any interesting information about the prototype, consider it officially confirmed. ;)

The prototype placeholder music will follow later this evening. I only have to copy it to a separate directory, convert it all to mp3 and upload. ;)
EDIT -> Nevermind, I'll upload it tomorrow evening. Gotta get some sleep now. :/
Guys, I know that it is really outdated but it will be really nice and cool if you're still having the R4 Prototype SFX files in your computer to share with me and Rayman fans in here and it will be great. If you aren't, I won't be sad and that's ok too. Anyway have a nice day and stay strong.
Last edited by Ilyaman on Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hoodlumsworld
Aurora
Tings: 15205

Re: R4 Raving Rabbids Prototype Sounds Restoration

Post by hoodlumsworld »

I'm totally interested in this too! :D
Ilyaman
Lividstone

Post by Ilyaman »

Do you have R4 Prototype SFX files in your computer?
hoodlumsworld
Aurora

Post by hoodlumsworld »

No lol, I said I would like to listen to them as well, if someone still has them.
Ilyaman
Lividstone

Post by Ilyaman »

Ok. )))
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

Sadly I do not have the files anymore. The sound effects weren't very interesting: mostly things reused from older games, such as lum sounds. They would be a pain to re-rip, so I won't do it.

However the leftovers of songs are on RayTunes, and as of today the ambients are as well. I think those are the most interesting parts as they have a lot of Rayman 2 and 3 sounds hidden in them. Especially these two:

With all these familiar sounds, it just feels very Rayman-y.

Two other ambient tracks (robot interior & robot destroyed) confirm what a developer told us about one level that was already implemented, in which Rayman would ride a spider in order to climb high enough to enter one of the Rabbids' giant mechs, and then destroy it from the inside.
Ilyaman
Lividstone

Post by Ilyaman »

Big thanks for reply and it's ok that it's took long and I'm really glad that you are added ambient tracks in Raytunes so thanks for that too.

P. S. Rayman 4 had lot of potential.
hoodlumsworld
Aurora

Re: R4 Raving Rabbids Prototype Sounds Restoration (there's no SFX but the Prototype Ambient has been added to Raytunes!

Post by hoodlumsworld »

Thank you Drooolie for uploading the ambients!
MasterHero
Magicien Ptizetre
Tings: 2280

Post by MasterHero »

Droolie wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:44 am Two other ambient tracks (robot interior & robot destroyed) confirm what a developer told us about one level that was already implemented, in which Rayman would ride a spider in order to climb high enough to enter one of the Rabbids' giant mechs, and then destroy it from the inside.
Did someone told you in private @Droolie?
I never heared/read anywhere about that implemented level.
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

Droolie wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:44 amThe sound effects weren't very interesting: mostly things reused from older games, such as lum sounds. They would be a pain to re-rip, so I won't do it.
I re-ripped them now so I could restore Rayman's sound effects for the Prototype Restoration Mod, as well as the eagle's and the spider's.

Here are all the sound effects present in the Xbox 360 version's Sound BF: https://app.box.com/s/fg780fy193cqceemgucm6eak27tq7lza