It is possible to make a fan made Rayman 4?

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
DavidSosa
Ptizêtre Ninja
Tings: 3455

It is possible to make a fan made Rayman 4?

Post by DavidSosa »

I think yes, just look at Rayman Redemption!, is cool and a very amazing remake with more levels made with love.
I have just seen Rayman 3 Blender animations post, and i have heard of a program that extracts .bf data, so we an use Rayman animations from Rayman Raving Rabbids (Final) if they are in a format that Unity supports, we and a lot of people can make a Rayman 4 fan-made game!
The motor used its Unity, but if Jade Engine can be used (i don´t know, probably not becuse is property of Ubisoft and theres no source code)we can make the game with that motor!
Or, we can make ourselves Rayman 4 a reality without any assets!
Heres the idea:
-Combine the history from Phoenix Studio Rayman 4 and Raving Rabbids (Cancelled)
-Multiplayer adventure (4 players, unknown) and minigames (4 players, split screen)
-Thanks to PluM we are reviving the RRR (final) Leaderboards, maybe we can make a leaderboards for this proyect
-port to Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, PS3 and PC (if it possible, more plataforms)
-Use the same cancelled assets and use the concept art and develop the history as it originally was.
-for Xbox 360, let´s use the Kinect in the game
-for all plataforms, lets have widescreen and progressive scan!
-Translate the game to a lot of idioms, (Spanish, French, Deutsh)

This is an Idea, i don´t know if it´s possible or not.
WE CAN MAKE RAYMAN 4 IF UBISOFT DONT WANT TO MAKE IT, forget that
i hate myself
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Re: It is possible to make a fan made Rayman 4?

Post by Hunchman801 »

The budget for a typical AAA video game today is in the tens of millions of dollars, up to several hundred. While independent titles have been produced for far less, it gives a sense of the amount of time and work that goes into such projects, and it's only safe to assume that a community the size of the Rayman fandom will never be able to produce more than a handful of humble fangames that are mostly based on existing assets and ideas.

I can only recommend that you focus your efforts on a much smaller project, like a 2D game that draws from some of the ideas you mentioned. Engines like GameMaker may not require you to be particularly good at programming, but animations and sprites will still give you a hard time. Don't expect to get far without a dedicated team.
Moventur
Paluchard
Tings: 528

Re: It is possible to make a fan made Rayman 4?

Post by Moventur »

Of course it's difficult.