Rayman 26th Anniversary

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
arnoldfranklin
Carnivora
Tings: 12665

Rayman 26th Anniversary

Post by arnoldfranklin »

Today is Rayman's 26th anniversary and here is a topic about it but I want to show you some stuff. So, I saw in Twitter, Rayman for Smash told people about something somebody wrote: https://twitter.com/FancyFather/status/ ... 4512332811 . Also, Ubisoft Canada has now made a tweet https://twitter.com/UbisoftCanada/statu ... 8098008064 about the anniversary and Ubisoft Montreal made a reply tweet. I think that the thing that that person wrote is kind of true. I don't think Rayman will get into Smash now I think after reading it but it's definitely not over for another Smash game. Don't give up hope! I think we should do what they said and not hostily let Ubisoft know that people want a new Rayman game. We need to show them that people love Rayman and we want him to come back. :D

#BringRaymanBack
"I am the greatest hero of all time. I get three Globox stamps." ~ Globox himself
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Re: Rayman 26th Anniversary

Post by PluMGMK »

Rayman stans? Not sure I'm comfortable with that appelation :paranormal:
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

I wouldn't call myself overly obsessive about him. :lol:
By popular demand, and because we love #Rayman of course... Happy birthday to this OG hero
This beginning sentence even, raises red flags. This basically indicates that if people didn't constantly ask them for this, they wouldn't have bothered at all. Like they didn't give a crap for Rayman's 25th last year which was much more important. And, what's with the hesitation after the "we love Rayman"? :tssk:

People are free to believe whatever they wish from those tweets, but personally, I don't buy it. It just seems like clickbait made to appease the more desperate Rayman fans who just want him to be acknowledged.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Why is the 25th more important? If you operate in base 13 for example, then that was boring old 1C, whereas this is an exciting 20th anniversary! :fou:

More seriously, I don't think there's hesitation there. It's a pause for dramatic effect, like a drum roll. I think it's entirely appropriate!

But it's just a tweet, nothing to get worked up over either way. :) I know the world in general doesn't operate according to this principle, but perhaps it should!

Also this whole "stan" thing is giving me MTI ideas… :idea:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Fancy Father wrote:Not only this but Michel Ancel, creator of Rayman, was growing tired of the character. Now I don't think this means they flat out don't or didn't care, but they wanted to move onto newer ideas and projects.
This tweet (I have un-redacted the names here, not sure what the intention was), as correct as it is, is sadly nothing new. As I explained earlier, Ancel got tired of Rayman a long time ago, possibly as early as 1999, after Rayman 2 was released, and definitely for good in 2005, when Rayman 4 was cancelled. He has since wanted to grow past his first success, and he's had a lot more love for BG&E, which sadly, despite being a critical success, didn't sell so well and made it complicated to justify the development of a sequel. I can understand why he'd aspire to being known as more than just the creator of Rayman, but it's a shame for the series nonetheless. The upside of this is that his departure from the video game industry won't change much for the limbless character.

Anyway, happy birthday Rayman! :partyhat:
dr_st
Eig
Tings: 40813

Post by dr_st »

Hunchman801 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:39 pm (I have un-redacted the names here, not sure what the intention was)
I can only guess that it was done to avoid Twitter's automatic tagging/indexing content by names. Why, though? Dunno.
MisterDark'sFanClub
Céloche
Tings: 7890

Post by MisterDark'sFanClub »

Someone on Tumblr made a really neat Ray-Month Challenge where you draw a each day to a certain prompt regarding Rayman. For his 26th I think it'll be fun!
"You're fragile, too. But at least you can be put back together." ~Mr. Dark (Shadows of Magic AU)
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

dr_st wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:54 pm I can only guess that it was done to avoid Twitter's automatic tagging/indexing content by names. Why, though? Dunno.
Yeah, I figured that much, but I'm still at a loss as to what the end goal is!