Rayman Arena Definitive Edition Online: play Rayman Arena/M online

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Justaxe
Lums Vert
Tings: 85

Rayman Arena Definitive Edition Online: play Rayman Arena/M online

Post by Justaxe »

Hello everyone,

With the help of the community we have created a version of Rayman Arena very easy to install on Windows 10/11 with the addition of the possibility of playing online with hamachi thanks to the lan mode which has been improved compared to the original.

Download Rayman Arena Definitive Edition Online here!
(both portable and installable versions available)

FAQ
Q: Where can I download the game?
A: You can download the game from https://rayman-arena-online.ml/.

Q: Do I download the Definitive Edition or the portable version?
A: That is all up to you. The Definitive Edition comes with zZeck's online play patch, a HD version of the game with AI upscaled textures, Radmin VPN, Rayman Control Panel, DgVoodoo, and some custom community-made character skins. The portable version is the base game with zZeck's online play patch, and takes up less space on your hard drive.

Q: How can I play online?
A: After you have completed the installation of the game and Radmin VPN, open Radmin VPN. You can create a network for you and your friends, or you can join an existing network. After you created your own network or joined one, open the game and once you're at the menu, click LAN play. Use the key combination alt+tab. A Windows Firewall window may pop up, but there is also a chance that it won't. If the window pops up for you, it will ask if you allow Rayman Arena to connect. Click allow, and close the game. Now go to your firewall settings and check all the boxes at r_arena and Radmin VPN. You will need administrator rights for this. Click OK and open the game again. The online mode should work for you now! From now on, you can play online by clicking LAN play in the menu. You can choose a name for yourself, pick a character and either create a lobby or join an existing one.

Q: How can I add custom skins and textures?
A: Check out gamer72's video on how to replace and add skins and textures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPR5yo9F6DY. Some custom community-made skins are already available in the game. You can also find some extra skins here, and submit your self-made skin as well: https://forum.rayman-arena-online.ml/viewforum.php?f=5

Q: I’m getting the error “Rayman Arena not initialized” after trying to launch the game. What do I do?
A: Open the installer of the game and continue until you can click “Repair”. Your problem should be fixed after the installer is done.

Q: When I open the installer, I get a popup window saying "Your PC is being protected". What does this mean and what should I do?
A: Since the installer file is not digitally signed by any company, Windows Smartscreen will warn you about a potentially dangerous file. Don't worry, though. Click on "more information", then click on "run anyway". The installation process should begin now.

Q: I am getting a CD2 error on the portable version of the game. What do I do?
A: Open Windows Explorer and go to C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows\Ubisoft. You will find the ubi.ini file. Delete it. Delete the ubi.ini in C:\Windows\Ubisoft as well. After this, you should not get the error again.

Q: I am getting the error 0xc0000142 when trying to launch the game. What do I do?
A: Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Rayman Arena The Definitive Edition Online\game, then open either the SD or HD folder depending on which version you use. Delete the dinput8.dll and xidi.hookmodule.32.dll files. You may not be able to use a controller in the game after deleting these files. After this, open the launcher, go to the "Config" tab and check "Vibration Off", otherwise the error will persist.

Q: My control settings don’t save! What should I do?
A: When you’re in the game’s menu, change your control settings, click “Load/save settings”, then click on “Save”. Your settings should be saved now. Your settings do not carry over from the SD to the HD version of the game or the other way around. Your control settings also don’t carry over once you install a newer version of the game. You will have to change your control settings every time, for now at least.
To help "revive" the game, we have organized a tournament to be held in November on the game with small prizes up for grabs. If it works, we will often organize this kind of tournament on this game. The aim of the tournament is above all to have fun together and to help everyone discover or rediscover the game. Hope to find a lot of interested players here. See you soon on our French-speaking discord.

You can also discuss everything related to the game on this topic, ask questions, look for players and share new content.
Last edited by Justaxe on Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Re: Rayman Arena ( M) ONLINE tournaments

Post by Elite Piranha »

I really like the idea.
Justaxe
Lums Vert

Post by Justaxe »

Hi @Elite Piranha
Thank you for your message. I cannot reply to your private message because I am too young on the forum.

If you want we can chat on discord:
JustAxe#9676
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

Justaxe wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:14 pm Hi @Elite Piranha
Thank you for your message. I cannot reply to your private message because I am too young on the forum.

If you want we can chat on discord:
JustAxe#9676
Yes, I forgot that can happen for users with less than five posts, I guess if you make another post in the forum, you'll be able to reply me. I'll consider joining the discord, but I rather get some information first.
Flat Earth Society
Ray Noir & Blanc
Tings: 925030

Post by Flat Earth Society »

Welcome to the forum! :)

It seems the Discord invite you posted in this thread is dead, you should edit the first post with a new one.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

Yeah, I don't think the link works anymore. I assume the link expires after a certain time (I'm not familiar with Discord).
Justaxe
Lums Vert

Post by Justaxe »

hello everyone sorry for the wait.
Sorry for the discord link with which I'm not very good, I had created a link which expired 24 hours later ...
Now the new link is normally permanent ...

I also take this opportunity to put here the link of the game rayman arena remaster to play online on windows 10/11 with the support of the controller (test and works well on windows10 / 11) for what prefers

There are 2 versions of the game:

the classic remaster that allows you to play the game solo or in multi with good graphics. and the HD edition which is equivalent to the first except that it has very good HD graphics (a pc with a good graphics card and recommended for this version)

For people who don't like to play with mouse and keyboard, the game supports joysticks

note: the installation may take a while but don't worry it's not a blockage ...
the game can be installed in English, French or Spanish
Whichever version of the game you choose, you can play online between the 2 versions ...

link to the classic remastered version:

in English:
https://mega.nz/folder/LUF0FTjC#5n2eTGXjeTV7AqXpMPML-A

in French:
https://mega.nz/folder/LZsUECbT#o55HtGH8BvoIUhiZcNYshQ

in Spanish:
https://mega.nz/folder/edlyXQRT#_JWHyCI1B2sSdKiaFnVfaA

Link to the HD edition version:

in English:
https://mega.nz/folder/Wd80wCjL#f5s5pKHeVOrrgcPbbvzd_A

in French:
https://mega.nz/folder/TV9EGIiR#FYny4MgZnYzN5qCUEtiJcQ

in Spanish:
https://mega.nz/folder/qMdwQRKS#i7R1K4mkCjHWqfdTwK5yrA

good game everyone

Hope to see you soon for the tournament on discord !!
Tell me which version you chose to install on your PC.
tell me if there are any bugs or something like that ...

see you soon for the tournament ...
Last edited by Justaxe on Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

Thanks for sharing the links and fixing the discord one!
Justaxe
Lums Vert

Post by Justaxe »

thank you for coming to this topic.
Hope you like the game and participate in the tournament.
Looking forward to your return !!
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

Btw, is it possible to use the graphic settings to make the game run in a smaller window rather than the full screen?
Meerjel01
Incrediball
Tings: 365

Post by Meerjel01 »

I'm not gonna join a tournament but I will post this low effort work so it will inspire others.
Rayman MnMs
Rayman MnMs
Rayman MnM.png (131.3 KiB) Viewed 13523 times
Indy
Crapaud blindé
Location: Echoing Caves and my work department in a corner of my house.
Tings: 15801

Post by Indy »

I probably won't participate in the tournament, but I may consider doing so in the future. Rayman M was my childhood, I have fond memories playing the game. I hope the download works for me.
PSN: Toxic_Dragon_96
Twitter: DeltaVelocity
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

Well, I was able to configure dgVoodoo in order to take some screenshots (thanks to this advice). The first 2 screenshots show the menu where LAN GAME appears and what happens when you click on it (I don't know what happens after that, since I haven't tested that feature). The third screenshot shows the initial battle controls, as you can see by defult "Esc" is used twice, so if you change the "Move Forward" button to something else, you can avoid the problem that happens in the menu that appears when you're in the middle of a battle (4th screen), that makes the selection move by itself, making it difficult to choose an option.

This is not how the game normally looks for me, I had to change the settings to be able to take screenshots. I'm still testing the normal game, but so far it seems to work for me (I'm playing the classic remastered version).
Attachments
racr-screen1.jpg
racr-screen1.jpg (452.94 KiB) Viewed 13506 times
racr-screen2.jpg
racr-screen2.jpg (460.09 KiB) Viewed 13506 times
racr-screen3.jpg
racr-screen3.jpg (420.23 KiB) Viewed 13506 times
racr-screen4.jpg
racr-screen4.jpg (259.75 KiB) Viewed 13506 times
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

I have played more of the normal game and found some weird stuff in the battle stages:
  • The Timber Wood stage doesn't work if you load the Cookie file that was all the levels unlocked (this one I have already told Justaxe, so it can be fixed).
  • If you are pressing the key to move forward and at the same time press Esc to pause the game, the selection in the menu that appears moves by itself. If your character is static and you press Esc, everything works fine.
  • In the Coconut Island stage, the normal item generators look darker for some reason (first image).
  • For a few frames, an random image/part of the stage appears right before the battle starts (second and third images).
In the race stages I didn't noticed anything particularly weird, aside from the computer players sometimes getting stuck in a part of the level (like in Forest Jump and Treasure Ship). I added a gif of Razorwife going backwards for some reason. But maybe this is something that also happened in the original game.

Also, I recently found a video of two people playing Rayman M/Arena online, I wonder if the menus that appear at the beginning and the end, are the same ones that appear in this version of the game (fourth image is what appears in the end).
Attachments
racr-coconut-island-generator.jpg
racr-coconut-island-generator.jpg (443.68 KiB) Viewed 13418 times
racr-spooky-towers-img.jpg
racr-spooky-towers-img.jpg (375.21 KiB) Viewed 13418 times
racr-gemstone-temple-img.jpg
racr-gemstone-temple-img.jpg (271.52 KiB) Viewed 13418 times
rmao-session.png
rmao-session.png (474.34 KiB) Viewed 13418 times
racr-ts-rw.gif
racr-ts-rw.gif (2.48 MiB) Viewed 13418 times
Last edited by Elite Piranha on Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Elite Piranha wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:13 pm In the race stages I didn't noticed anything particularly weird, aside from the computer players sometimes getting stuck in a part of the level (like in Forest Jump and Treasure Ship). I added a gif of Razorwife going backwards for some reason. But maybe this is something that also happened in the original game.
This definitely happens in the original game too. It happened to me before with Globox: https://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... t#p1428142
Justaxe
Lums Vert

Post by Justaxe »

hello I just updated the link of the hd and classic versions and there are lots of new features !!
please uninstall the old one and install the new one !!
the new save no longer has the button problem mentioned above.

a card does not work on the old version and ask for cd 1. The problem has been solved

Music from the menu and less bug on the hd version

a "debug" mode has been added which mounts the iso and starts the automatic game if the game asks you to insert the cd2.

Currently we are trying to add the dark-globox as well as the "fire" pistol which disappeared in the arena version while it was present on the m ...
If you want to help us do not hesitate because we really need you !!
We are also in the process of making a window mode to prevent the game from being in full screen all the time ...

thanks to Elite Piranha for testing the game, it really helped us.
Indeed the video found on youtube uses the same version as ours (moreover, given the publication date of the video, it must be our version that was played)

I hope Spiffy Ruffleroni will help us solve the problem of the "Spooky Towers" field not working on the HD version.
Last edited by Justaxe on Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

Justaxe wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:53 pm please uninstall the old one and install the new one !!
Would you recommend using the Uninstal Rayman Arena.exe file, or do the following: Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Select App > Uninstall.
Justaxe wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:53 pm Currently we are trying to add the dark-globox as well as the "fire" pistol which disappeared in the arena version while it was present on the m ...
It would be amazing if you could do that!
Justaxe wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:53 pm If you want to help us don't hesitate because we really don't need you !!
I guess you meant to say "don't hesitate because we really need to you".
Justaxe
Lums Vert

Post by Justaxe »

Normally for the uninstallation it is the same thing.
The same exe is executed, so do as you prefer

Indeed I made a big mistake.
a big thank you for letting me know I will correct it right away !!
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa

Post by Elite Piranha »

Justaxe wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:00 pm Normally for the uninstallation it is the same thing.
The same exe is executed, so do as you prefer
Thanks for replying.

Btw, I think the first post should be updated since it mentions hamachi instead of Radmin VPN. Also, what kind of "small prices" do you plan to give in this tournament or in future ones?
Justaxe
Lums Vert

Post by Justaxe »

hello we had planned that the first earn 10 € of steam the second a windows10 / 11 license and the third a north vpn account but I think it's not very optimal ...

Currently we are trying to improve the game, but we often play small matches on our Radmin VPN networks.
So you can come when you want to play with us or help us improve the game ...
the more we are the more fun it is !!