Would you play a new Rayman Raving Rabbids Game?

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Dancaa
Moussu
Tings: 1050

Would you play a new Rayman Raving Rabbids Game?

Post by Dancaa »

Hypothetically speaking of course. But I was thinking about how Rayman doesn’t really get much spotlight anymore. And I read an article awhile ago, which kinda indicated how Ubisoft doesn’t pursue new games in the series because they don’t sell as well as their adult oriented titles. And how when they do want to aim at the children’s demographic, the Rabbids have always sold more than Rayman. So I thought, well what if they brought the two series back together, and we got another Rayman Raving Rabbids game? Personally I didn’t hate the first one. I thought it was pretty fun. Of course I have more disdain for it’s sequels that took Rayman out of the spotlight. But at this point I feel so desperate for Rayman to make a return on consoles that I’d honestly consider it a blessing to just have him back with the Rabbids again. Thoughts?
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 591044

Re: Would you play a new Rayman Raving Rabbids Game?

Post by Hunchman801 »

I've been waiting for a new 3D platformer in the series since 2003, so anything else feels like a letdown to me. That would include a new party game, however fun and entertaining it may be.
Dancaa
Moussu

Post by Dancaa »

I’m not saying I’d prefer. New party game over a 3D platformer. But at least we’d have something.
TriangulumDelta
Lums Violet
Tings: 145

Post by TriangulumDelta »

I wouldn't. I felt that the Rabbids outstayed their welcome when Rabbids Go Home came out, the last game I played was Travel in Time and I dropped it after half an hour.
Dancaa
Moussu

Post by Dancaa »

I’m not particularly fond of the Rabbids either. I haven’t played any of their games since TV Party. But I’d rather have Rayman rejoin them in order to potentially regain some popularity than just sit in limbo like he is right now.
dr_st
El Stomacho
Tings: 24583

Post by dr_st »

Only if it's like Rayman Raving Rabbids GBA.

I haven't touched any other Rabbids game, with Rayman or without, until recently when I got the Russian PC bundle of RRR, RRR2 and Go Home, for fun and completeness of my collection.
paulnewman2001
Otto Psi
Tings: 6360

Post by paulnewman2001 »

Any game is better than no game.
PluMGMK
Estellia
Tings: 22415

Post by PluMGMK »

paulnewman2001 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:29 am Any game is better than no game.
I have to disagree here. I think it is preferable to have no game than a game of poor quality which would taint the series. Not that I'm saying another RRR game would automatically be low quality, just stating a general principle.
Dancaa
Moussu

Post by Dancaa »

PluMGMK wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:37 am
paulnewman2001 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:29 am Any game is better than no game.
I have to disagree here. I think it is preferable to have no game than a game of poor quality which would taint the series. Not that I'm saying another RRR game would automatically be low quality, just stating a general principle.
I agree with that principle. A bad game isn’t likely to get Rayman back as a series. If we got another Rayman Raving Rabbids I’d hope it would be a quality game. I do after all think that the first RRR was a legitimately good game even if it’s not the platformer it could’ve been.
arnoldfranklin
Pink
Tings: 4609

Post by arnoldfranklin »

I don't think there is going to be a new party Rayman Raving Rabbids game. That's what Rayman exited. If anything, Rayman would be in Sparks of Hope. Also, there is that one China exclusive Rabbids game that will be releasing other places too and it seems like a party game. https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/ ... ch-release
"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Hamlet play
FC: ? CF: ? BOM: ? LOLD: ? DOTK: ? LS: ? SBTC: ? HH: ? TOTL: ?
score
:D
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 591044

Post by Hunchman801 »

PluMGMK wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:37 am
I must agree with PluM here.