Who is your favourite Rayman character?

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

flux
Lums Noir
Tings: 50

Re: Who is your favourite Rayman character?

Post by flux »

Mr. Dark. IDK man he's entirely mysterious and fits so much into what I like about the series. The first game, while playful and whimsical, had this ominous vibe to it. It was alright with it's world being dangerous, and not inherently safe.

The other villains don't really have the same feel. I like Razorbeard for being straight-up just a terrible guy, but he invaded the world. Andre would maybe be like Mr. Dark for me if 3 had a different direction.

I like that Mr. Dark is just an inhabitant. I'd love to know what exactly he does normally, because sorcerers are cool man. I can see him being chill in a new game and saying that he tried to take over because he thought it'd be fun.
Lex
Reclu
Tings: 2680

Post by Lex »

Rayman! (I'm basic.)
If I have to pick anyone other than Rayman, I'll go with Murfy. Specifically in Rayman 3. He's funny.
DaveRattlehead
Knaaren
Tings: 5889

Post by DaveRattlehead »

Not counting the more than obvious protagonist, I would say Globox, because of his charisma, and Ly. It would have been interesting to see more lore related to Ly, I think that character definitely had the potential to develop a good story after Rayman 2.
dr_st
Creveton
Tings: 27763

Post by dr_st »

Jade, oh wait.
TriangulumDelta
Matuvu
Tings: 225

Post by TriangulumDelta »

Globox
PluMGMK
Estellia
Tings: 21443

Post by PluMGMK »

DaveRattlehead wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:40 pm It would have been interesting to see more lore related to Ly, I think that character definitely had the potential to develop a good story after Rayman 2.
That's true. The inclusion of statues of her in both Rayman M and Rayman 3 suggests that the developers considered her to continue to have an important part in the world. Sadly, they were probably going to leave her out of Rayman 4, even before it turned into the RRR party game, since her role as Rayman's romantic interest was to be taken over by Simohne, and as Rayman's fairy guide by Monik