Controller Rayman M!

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Shrooblord
Froutch
Tings: 64535

Re: Controller Rayman M!

Post by Shrooblord »

Good for you! :) Sorry, Haruka, I guess it was someone else.

Also, Lele, if you manage to figure out how to make Rayman M recognise that right analog stick, could you please send me a PM? I'm dying to find out myself.
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~!
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
Lele99_DD
Paluchard
Tings: 200

Post by Lele99_DD »

Sorry, I have no idea of how recognise it! :(
But you can play well with Strafe-Lock! :)
My new Xbox 360 Controller works perfectly, but in the game there are errors, perhaps it is damaged... :(
Could you post to me a link where I can download it (I prefer torrent)? It isn't illegal because the game requires the CD! :wink:
Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5022

Post by Adsolution »

Lele99_DD wrote:Sorry, I have no idea of how recognise it! :(
But you can play well with Strafe-Lock! :)
My new Xbox 360 Controller works perfectly, but in the game there are errors, perhaps it is damaged... :(
Could you post to me a link where I can download it (I prefer torrent)? It isn't illegal because the game requires the CD! :wink:
I don't see why a game requiring a CD makes it anymore legal, but are you asking for a download of Rayman M?
hamzazaman86
Électoon
Tings: 5

Post by hamzazaman86 »

How would u onnect a ps3 controller to rayman arena?
rolesfamily
Magicien
Tings: 74925

Post by rolesfamily »

I'd say a turbo controller is defiantly needed for Rayman M. I totally trashed my thumbs playing that game.
Signature made by Harpic fraîcheur
CHRdutch
Bzzit
Tings: 23280

Post by CHRdutch »

You know, I have 1 problem with the controller mapping :( . I can't press the button that I want to use, but instead it does it automaticly :sad: . And in race mode jump and shoot are both mapped to B5 :| . How do you fix that?
And i'm using an Xbox 360 controller.
YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/user/CHRdutch
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness
Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404185

Post by Master »

Hmm, I had some like problems with mapping controls to RO and RL, it'd always select a specific analog input. I ended up having to do it time and time again and time my own button presses so that it would detect them before it detected the other 'un.
CHRdutch
Bzzit

Post by CHRdutch »

Ok, I just tested the Xbox 360 controller in multiplayer (battle mode) and it does nothing at all... :pascontent:
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness
Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

If it is about Rayman M, I can confirm that I never managed to solve the button mapping problem. I think it got completely broke with the modernization of PCs.
CHRdutch
Bzzit

Post by CHRdutch »

Haruka wrote:If it is about Rayman M, I can confirm that I never managed to solve the button mapping problem. I think it got completely broke with the modernization of PCs.
Well atleast I tried then :fou:
Last edited by CHRdutch on Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Record Day 2015 madness
RibShark
Matuvu
Tings: 120

Post by RibShark »

If you can't get the controller to work, try putting this file in the Rayman M/Arena folder.
CHRdutch
Bzzit

Post by CHRdutch »

RibShark wrote:If you can't get the controller to work, try putting this file in the Rayman M/Arena folder.
Give this man an oscar :shock:
Seriously thanks! :D
Record Day 2015 madness
Shrooblord
Froutch

Post by Shrooblord »

Wow, is that fix posted somewhere in a sticky, Wiki or FAQ? If not, it should, by golly!

Can you check to see if you can move the camera at all using the camera stick in Battle Mode? I've always been unable to do so and had to resort to the auto-targetter and target-lock swapping around to move the camera - quite annoying.
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404185

Post by Master »

Hmm, we ought to have a sort of megathread or post containing all the fixes and patches we've had on RPC.
CHRdutch
Bzzit

Post by CHRdutch »

Shrooblord wrote:Wow, is that fix posted somewhere in a sticky, Wiki or FAQ? If not, it should, by golly!

Can you check to see if you can move the camera at all using the camera stick in Battle Mode? I've always been unable to do so and had to resort to the auto-targetter and target-lock swapping around to move the camera - quite annoying.
I'll check tomorrow and will send you the results :up:
Record Day 2015 madness
CHRdutch
Bzzit

Post by CHRdutch »

Looks like it doesn't work... :(
Buuut, there is another way to do it: You can use the left and right bumper (L1 and R1 on ps3 controller) to control the camera :D .
Record Day 2015 madness
Shrooblord
Froutch

Post by Shrooblord »

Yeah, rotate it. I was hoping for an aiming device to directly control the crosshairs (pardon me - that's what I originally meant, not 'camera' - crosshairs) so I could more accurately aim. Doesn't matter. I've learned to use the auto-targetter quite effectively.
CHRdutch
Bzzit

Post by CHRdutch »

So there is this wierd bug that when I play On and on and beat first ruins the controls switch over like WTF? :|
Before:
A-Jump
B-Nothing
X-Shoot
Y-Optimalize
After:
A-Shoot
B-Nothing
X-Optimalize
Y-Jump
Record Day 2015 madness
Haruka
Rayman 2

Post by Haruka »

RibShark wrote:If you can't get the controller to work, try putting this file in the Rayman M/Arena folder.
Oh my god, you are a true guru! I just tried out and it works perfectly, my controller got fully recognized :D! The only time I managed to set up a controller was back when I bought the game shortly after the release and after that it was impossible. Now multiplayer matches in the PC version are possible to do again, thank you so much!

@Shrooblord That's how PS2 players play the battle mode actually, which is a headache for them to pass the Spooky Towers!
Haruka
Rayman 2

Post by Haruka »

*Bump, sorry for the double post*

While the controller issue got solved it was disappointing to discover that the PC version of Rayman M only supports 2 players. Me and my friends had to play in the PS2 emulator in the end.