Rayman Legends

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Which version is your favourite?

Wii U
38%
PlayStation 3
12%
Xbox 360
7%
PlayStation Vita
3%
PC
23%
PlayStation 4
14%
Xbox One
3%

Total votes: 119

Droolie
Oumbr
Tings: 54340

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by Droolie » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:06 pm

Oof, it sucks that they had to compress the game that much and cause loading times like those, especially after completely removing them on PS4 and Xbox One. It's probably the biggest issue listed in that video. The multiplayer issues aren't very important to me, though I can imagine it's sad for people who have a lot of friends to play games with locally. Personally I would have loved at least an attempt at online co-op, that would have made this a truly definitive edition. I can imagine this community would have a lot of fun with that feature too. :)

Also, funny how the video uses R2 and R1's music instead of RL's.

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Location: Tír an "Tuisil Ghinidigh" agus an "Mhodha Choinníollaigh"
Tings: 3665

Post by PluMGMK » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:45 pm

Time to reset the poll then? :P

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Post by Master » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:08 pm

I wish phpBB didn't reset polls when you add new options to them, I'd be more than happy to add it in if it wasn't for that.

R4Y_ANC3L
Oumbr
Location: https://youtu.be/kFxbZqu6eMM, Halogen Highway, Tetorigawa, Okehazama
Tings: 50820

Post by R4Y_ANC3L » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:33 am

I thought I was going to be sick when I noticed this loading screen in the series to be that long.
16 seconds of waiting for the game to start.. :fou2:

But I think I like one of the exclusive features.
"Online co-op" seems interesting since players have their own screen to play.
That's kinda cool.
Drolpiraat wrote:Also, funny how the video uses R2 and R1's music instead of RL's.
I was actually glad that it used the "Woods of Light" theme from R2.
LoveMetal wrote:< definitly finds R4Y more frightening than Fifo's posts.

Dart
Aglagl
Tings: 49815

Post by Dart » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:04 pm

To anyone playing the definitive edition right now, do the music levels feel out of sync to you, cause they feel like I'm moving way ahead of the beat in this one

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Location: Tír an "Tuisil Ghinidigh" agus an "Mhodha Choinníollaigh"
Tings: 3665

Post by PluMGMK » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:03 pm

Master wrote:I wish phpBB didn't reset polls when you add new options to them, I'd be more than happy to add it in if it wasn't for that.
The crazy part is that it doesn't reset if you just edit the options that are already there, which can allow much worse dishonesty. :roll:

R4Y_ANC3L
Oumbr
Location: https://youtu.be/kFxbZqu6eMM, Halogen Highway, Tetorigawa, Okehazama
Tings: 50820

Post by R4Y_ANC3L » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:12 pm

I was wondering this:

Does anybody have a favourite "screen graphic" from the 8-bit versions of the Musical Levels in Rayman Legends?

My favourites are the "Split-Screening" graphics from the 8-bit version of Grandma's World Tour and the "Television Signal Static" graphics from the 8-bit version of Orchestral Chaos.
LoveMetal wrote:< definitly finds R4Y more frightening than Fifo's posts.

Ray502
Reflux
Tings: 120110

Post by Ray502 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:31 pm

Ugh, I remember when I first played the 8-bit version of Orchestral Chaos years ago. It was brutal. What really made it worse was that they took out the checkpoints. Die near the end, appear back at the beginning.

Rayman: Razorbeard's Vengeance

Rayman 2: The Alternate Side (Demo Available Now!)

FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:18 pm

I was and still am a bit bitter over the 8 bit levels. Having to replay the music levels with those effects (I recall getting headaches after trying to beat Orchestral Chaos), wasn't exactly the most satisfying reward for going through the grind for 400 Teensies (I think it was 400 anyways, can't remember exactly). Granted, it is content, but I personally think that Origins did it better with the final gauntlet that was the Land of the Livid Dead.

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5007

Post by Adsolution » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:37 pm

Personally I think her name is ginger chick not vicking girl? Lmao why was that her name it kind of makes it sound silly when you think about it like, vickings have horns on their head the helments' just to fit around that (though the horns are thin antennae, it's locotactation than you think over there) but at least she helps Rayman on through the Barious legends.But I Don't know if she would help Dark Rayman because that's not that he's Called in Rayman Desinger.

Lil_DRE
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 2815

Post by Lil_DRE » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:56 pm

Adsolution wrote:Personally I think her name is ginger chick not vicking girl? Lmao why was that her name it kind of makes it sound silly when you think about it like, vickings have horns on their head the helments' just to fit around that (though the horns are thin antennae, it's locotactation than you think over there) but at least she helps Rayman on through the Barious legends.But I Don't know if she would help Dark Rayman because that's not that he's Called in Rayman Desinger.
What?...
-You probably want to know where I got that picture of Barbara :shock:
-You probably want to know what the Synthwave has to do with Barbara :confus:
-You probably want to stop reading this :fou:

Steo
Globox Origins
Tings: 108920

Post by Steo » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:56 pm

Master wrote:I was and still am a bit bitter over the 8 bit levels. Having to replay the music levels with those effects (I recall getting headaches after trying to beat Orchestral Chaos), wasn't exactly the most satisfying reward for going through the grind for 400 Teensies (I think it was 400 anyways, can't remember exactly). Granted, it is content, but I personally think that Origins did it better with the final gauntlet that was the Land of the Livid Dead.
Orchestral chaos 8 bit was driving me crazy for like an hour until I finally passed it. When I replayed on Xbox one I took like 2 tries then. The level that literally annoyed me so much that I got a headache was the one where you have to clear it in 40 seconds but you have 4 rooms of enemies to clear. I can't remember the exact name of it but I'll have to look.

Land of the livid dead was extremely hard at first too but the daily challenges in legends are about the same sometimes.

Also I was going to say why is the switch version not in the polls but looks like it was already talked about lol.
I'm so great, that Tony the tiger is advertising about my family when he says "They're Great!" :proud:

My Rayman 3 score on Xbox (WIP):
FC: 36178 CF: 103059 BOM: 81495 LOTLD: 120486 DOTK: 106819 LS: 37470 SBTC: 86068 HH: 95088 TOTL: 100563 TOTAL: 767226

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:01 pm

steocullen91 wrote:
Master wrote:I was and still am a bit bitter over the 8 bit levels. Having to replay the music levels with those effects (I recall getting headaches after trying to beat Orchestral Chaos), wasn't exactly the most satisfying reward for going through the grind for 400 Teensies (I think it was 400 anyways, can't remember exactly). Granted, it is content, but I personally think that Origins did it better with the final gauntlet that was the Land of the Livid Dead.
Orchestral chaos 8 bit was driving me crazy for like an hour until I finally passed it. When I replayed on Xbox one I took like 2 tries then. The level that literally annoyed me so much that I got a headache was the one where you have to clear it in 40 seconds but you have 4 rooms of enemies to clear. I can't remember the exact name of it but I'll have to look.
Going to guess it's Infiltration Station Invaded:

Steo
Globox Origins

Post by Steo » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:15 pm

Master wrote:
steocullen91 wrote:
Going to guess it's Infiltration Station Invaded:
That's the one yeah. It literally gave me a headache because I was that annoyed trying to do it. When I replayed it on Xbox one then I had no problem with it and it just took a few tries.

I'm still going to replay it on the PS3, PS4 and Switch eventually but for now I just went back to the older ones I've never played. I'm going to get every achievement in it on XBOX one also since I only need to get the million Lums and get to level 11 in level of awesomeness.

Great playing the Rayman games for enjoyment mainly though instead of playing bad games just to get achievements or trophies. I'm only getting them while I'm at it on Xbox because I really like the game.

Also I've to play it on my PC in 4k :D
I'm so great, that Tony the tiger is advertising about my family when he says "They're Great!" :proud:

FC: 36178 CF: 103059 BOM: 81495 LOTLD: 120486 DOTK: 106819 LS: 37470 SBTC: 86068 HH: 95088 TOTL: 100563 TOTAL: 767226

Droolie
Oumbr
Tings: 54340

Post by Droolie » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:40 am

I was just skimming through a video showing the final bosses of all the main Rayman games, and halfway through I noticed I could not remember who or what the final boss in Rayman Legends was. Upon seeing it again, I think I understand why. So anticlimactic and pointless.

Personally I would have put Jano there. It starts in a cave with death-themed platforms, there are one-eyed statues around, and Jano is a nice antithesis for Polokus: the similar hat in R2 seems to suggest he is how Polokus imagined himself in the first bad dream, though it could also just be Jano being arrogant and considering himself equal to Polokus. He seems to be the biggest threat to Polokus anyway, since he's the creator of Antitoons/Darktoons, vs Polokus, who presumably created the Electoons. I wonder if any future Rayman game will explore that. Dreambound sure would if it ever got made.

Despite that dumb final boss RL is still a great game though.

Greeness
Oiseau Moqueur
Tings: 16835

Post by Greeness » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:30 pm

Droolie wrote:Despite that dumb final boss RL is still a great game though.
I wouldn't call it "dumb" since it still turned out to be a pretty solid boss fight in the end, with it being satisfying to use the blue punch in order to take out parts of him, however while it works for the setup of the game and the world it's featured in, I'll agree that as a final boss it doesn't really fit thematically.
Rare Rayman images Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Feel free to share any rare media that's missing.

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:57 pm

As satisfying as using the blue punch was, the boss itself felt very passive, I'll admit it's been a while, but I don't recall the boss actually using any attacks. All they did was fly about in set patterns.

Greeness
Oiseau Moqueur
Tings: 16835

Post by Greeness » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:45 pm

Master wrote:As satisfying as using the blue punch was, the boss itself felt very passive, I'll admit it's been a while, but I don't recall the boss actually using any attacks. All they did was fly about in set patterns.
If I recall correctly, there were times when it was nessecry to create a gap in order to avoid getting hit, but as far as pattern reading the boss was pretty weak.
Rare Rayman images Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Feel free to share any rare media that's missing.

Steo
Globox Origins

Post by Steo » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:52 am

Greeness wrote:If I recall correctly, there were times when it was nessecry to create a gap in order to avoid getting hit, but as far as pattern reading the boss was pretty weak.
Yeah that's all you had to do was create a gap or 2 then he just starts going around in circles slowly. Kind of like in Origins, after you pass a level that's actually pretty hard (Land of the Livid Dead) and the boss at the end is pretty easy to defeat then. Although Land of the Livid Dead is a much harder level than the final level in Legends. Them 8 bit ones are the harder ones.

Aaron
Tarayzan
Tings: 41260

Post by Aaron » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:22 am

I love Rayman Legends and all, but there's one level which is really frustrating. It's Orchestral Chaos: 8 Bit Edition.
Signature made by R4Y_ANC3L