Rayman Legends

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Which version is your favourite?

Wii U
36%
PlayStation 3
11%
Xbox 360
5%
PlayStation Vita
3%
PC
25%
PlayStation 4
13%
Xbox One
2%
Switch
4%

Total votes: 135

CoCoXo
Matuvu
Tings: 135

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by CoCoXo » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:51 pm

RayFan9876 wrote:
El Dango wrote:
CoCoXo wrote: @ RayFan IM NOT A FURRY!!! MAMMOTHPHANT IS A SYMBOL OF THAT IM FROM TWO COUNTRIES!
How the hell can you be from two countries? I understand if you were born in one and moved to another, but there's no way you can be from two countries.
Bro, you quoted the wrong person.
Hehehe! =P
CoCoXo wrote:Hey! I found a video, but it isn't long...

You can found it here: http://www.screwattack.com/trailers/ray ... st-trailer
It won't play. :|
It works at my home, do you have problems with your internet? :S

Davoc
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by Davoc » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:56 pm

Mammothphant 2 wrote:@ Des life WHY YOU HAVE TO DISCRIMINATE OTHERS? DAVOC WAS A GREAT MEMBER, BUT NOW HE LEFT THE FORUM BECAUSE YOUR DISCRIMINATION. WHY CANT YOU LET OTHERS BE THEMSELFS? I THOUGHT BEING A GOOD RAYMAN FAN WOULD BE THE REASON TO JOIN HERE.
Wait what? I left? When? :o

I just don't have much to say, so I don't post often. I lurk here sometimes

But it's real nice to know someone cares about me <3

TeensieKing
Pâquerette
Tings: 12809

Post by TeensieKing » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:05 pm

I agree te music in the video was very bad,but I think it was juat an attempt to darken RO's music,maybe indicating the darker,more R2-ish music this game will have? Maybe it could be interpreted that way.

Davoc wrote:
Mammothphant 2 wrote:@ Des life WHY YOU HAVE TO DISCRIMINATE OTHERS? DAVOC WAS A GREAT MEMBER, BUT NOW HE LEFT THE FORUM BECAUSE YOUR DISCRIMINATION. WHY CANT YOU LET OTHERS BE THEMSELFS? I THOUGHT BEING A GOOD RAYMAN FAN WOULD BE THE REASON TO JOIN HERE.
Wait what? I left? When? :o

I just don't have much to say, so I don't post often. I lurk here sometimes

But it's real nice to know someone cares about me <3
Epic fail

sergiomonty
Antitoon

Post by sergiomonty » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:14 pm

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! Jesus Christ...that was amazing :lol:
TeensieKing wrote:I agree te music in the video was very bad,but I think it was juat an attempt to darken RO's music,maybe indicating the darker,more R2-ish music this game will have? Maybe it could be interpreted that way.
l
I totally agree with you. It's a stupid cliché, some franchises adquire their own theme songs, and then reuse them very often in the soundtrack cofcofBrawlcofcof. I don't have any problem with Rayman Origins' theme song, but if it follows that way, it will end up pretty much like the annoying New Super Mario Bros Wii theme song (that song with the stupid "Waaah, Waaah" voices...)
RayFan9876 wrote:
sergiomonty wrote:20 returning characters
You know that they would have to draw tens of thousands of sprites and rig every one of those separately? Introducing 20 different characters would probably delay the game for another three years - I don't even think there are twenty vastly different characters in the Rayman universe. If you wanted to see all the Hoodlums, they would probably all just be separate skins, which is still a shitload of work considering that each one looks fairly different.
They have the design of the previous characters, so the concept in many of them is complete, they just need to be adapted to the watercolour effect. I managed to assemble most of the pictures on the Raywiki, and I noticed that all of the characters have too smooth colours, lineart and quality in general to be fully hand drawn; I'm not accusing Ubisoft of false publicity, but most of the character designs appear to be illustrated by computer and not by hand as you probably think. I don't blame them for doing that, it's easier, and it also makes easier the design of different skins. Maybe I'm exhagerating, they're not going to bring 60 playable characters, that would be sick, but 25 may be a good number.
That guy has a badoo account too. :lol: -Harpic fraîcheur

Sergaymonty~

TeensieKing
Pâquerette

Post by TeensieKing » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:43 pm

They should let skins alone and put only characters.Those are the ones I hope to be in the game:

1. Rayman (P1 default)
2. Globox (P2 default)
3. Grand Minimus (P3 default)
4. Ly (P4 Unlockable)

From now on,I'll say unlockables (And I thought Ly could appear,because RO1 was more R1-ish and Betilla appeared,and now RO2 seems to be gonna be more R2-ish so I expect Ly to appear instead of Betilla)

5.Uglette
6.Murfy
7.Clark

I know I said very few xD now there are more,but they 99,9% won't appear for being baddies.

8.Henchman 800
9.Zombie Henchman
10.Spyglass Pirate
11.Admiral Razorbeard
12.Mr Dark

-------------------------

Now,apart from that,I'm practically assuming following things,having as the base the fact that RO was R1-ish and RO2 seems to be R2-ish:

- As Mr. Dark (sorta) reappeared,Admiral Razorbeard and maybe Henchmen 800 would return this time.

- Betilla reappeared too,so this time Ly would.

- Admiral Razorbeard would,and that's less assuming and more of an opinion,be himself.Him being an impersonator again would be too repetitive.

Oh,there's something that just crossed my mind and could fuck up my entire theory: Wasn't the robo-pirate army,along with Razorbeard,intended to explode? Anyway they could come up with Razorbeard surviving and re-creating his army,maybe explaining some redesigns.

Rulez
Robot
Tings: 2285

Post by Rulez » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:58 pm

Razorbeard did survive. Didn't you watch the ending cutscene AND da credits?

TeensieKing
Pâquerette

Post by TeensieKing » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:01 pm

Rulez wrote:Razorbeard did survive. Didn't you watch the ending cutscene AND da credits?
There's been a long time since I last passed R2

sergiomonty
Antitoon

Post by sergiomonty » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:04 pm

I don't have any problem with the skins, some of them are really cool (I like the Goth Teensie), however, the models that you propose are really interesting, TK.
Btw, now that I checked the video, I took this screenshot
By checking the "b" button, I presume the game is being played on a Wii with a classic controller. Uhm? wait a sec... the environment... a beach-themed theatre ? Isn't that...?!

:waaahhh:

References to Space Mama are never ending!! :lol:
That guy has a badoo account too. :lol: -Harpic fraîcheur

Sergaymonty~

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:29 pm

Good observation Sergio. Will this be just a coincidence, or Space Mama will have a return or intentional references?

Hmmm Wii... I would be surprised if they wouldn't release now for Wii U and keeping the release for Wii.

Droolie
Oumbr
Tings: 57610

Post by Droolie » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:30 pm

That's an interesting discovery. I can also see the pirate skulls in the back. I'm guessing they are normal pirates though, not robo-pirates, but Space Mama was on a pirate ship too, right? :)

Spanex
Électoon

Post by Spanex » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:31 pm

So we finally have a video. Great!

By the looks of it there really are purple lums. At first I had the idea that they were electoons, but the way it dances is just too obvious.

CoCoXo
Matuvu
Tings: 135

Post by CoCoXo » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:59 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJNNk6F38q0

^This isn't about Rayman Origins 2... It's a kind of parody that passed in the TV (well, I think?) because we see the ''CN'' for CartoonNetwork at the bottom. I don't know if somebody already saw it, but I post it anyway...

NotaKuroi
Électoon

Post by NotaKuroi » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:08 pm

Cairnie
Magicien
Tings: 78440

Post by Cairnie » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:24 pm

@Cocoxo: the MAD parody's been posted weeks ago in the Rayman Himself thread, still don't know what to think of that :S
@Nota: Calling this new game Rayman Legends makes a LOT more sense what with all this mythological stuff going on...

Well, I'm home now, and I just about got to see both sets of pictures [I couldn't while I was away because SOMEONE'S signature was eating up all my phone's memory and I'd have to turn pictures right off ¬¬ and no I would not pay £6 an hour for hotel wifi]. Obviously we'll still wait until E3 shows something, but I'm quite intrigued. While we're at it, SOMEBODY ELSE here needs to grow right up.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff

Spanex
Électoon

Post by Spanex » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Cairnie wrote:Well, I'm home now, and I just about got to see both sets of pictures [I couldn't while I was away because SOMEONE'S signature was eating up all my phone's memory...
Ummmmmm.. ouo;

NotaKuroi
Électoon

Post by NotaKuroi » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:27 pm

Just watched video Rayman Legends... It's looks cheap :? graphics is wretched, now it's ugly 3D-models, WHY???

Cairnie
Magicien
Tings: 78440

Post by Cairnie » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:36 pm

Don't worry Spanex it's not your one.

Well I found the video that was on screwattack, didn't quite watch it all but not sure what to make of it so far...erm that music kinda sucks on it though.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff

DesLife
Barbe Tranchante
Tings: 186263

Post by DesLife » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:46 pm

TeensieKing's ? :mrgreen:

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Post by Master » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:53 pm

Could someone please link to the video you all seem to be speaking of?
EDIT: Nevermind found it: http://www.screwattack.com/trailers/ray ... st-trailer

TeensieKing
Pâquerette

Post by TeensieKing » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:19 pm

Drolpiraat wrote:That's an interesting discovery. I can also see the pirate skulls in the back. I'm guessing they are normal pirates though, not robo-pirates, but Space Mama was on a pirate ship too, right? :)
Ok that got me pretty nervous.I looked very carefully at it and I think they are robo-pirate skulls :waaahhh:

Now,I assume the sig which was consuming all of Stace's phone's memory was mine,since it's a 10MB gif xD