Rayman Legends

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Which version is your favourite?

Wii U
29%
PlayStation 3
8%
Xbox 360
5%
PlayStation Vita
2%
PC
26%
PlayStation 4
13%
Xbox One
3%
Switch
14%

Total votes: 212

Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by Master »

I guess it's because it is a commonplace addition to many games these days.
Like I said before, I understand and don't mind not having online co-op, but the Challenges App has shown that online could still have a place in Legends.
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

I personally like Online in games because it is more fun.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

I think having a live-online mode would be a mistake, as it would just result in pure chaos, and not in a good way - it would be especially detrimental to those with more than ~40 ping (almost everyone), as speed and precision are such important factors here, and one can't afford any kind of a delay. As for the Challenges app, I feel that it's the idyllic solution for 'online.' It's in-depth, it's competitive, and it works perfectly.
Newray
Électoon
Tings: 5

Post by Newray »

I agree, been playing the Challenges App for almost 50 hours now, and it's competitive, drives you back each day, and sets the best apart from the good!

Live online play just wouldn't work right in these kind of games, not without some really stable dedicated server that 'syncs' each others actions by the milisecond. And the majority of gamers including myself wouldn't see the fun of playing it with random people. It's not Halo or CoD, or anything like that. :P
Rayman Origins Progress: 100% Image246/246 Image51/51 Image31/31 Image10/10
Rayman Jungle Run Progress: 100% Image70/70
Rayman 3 HD Progress: 100% ImageScore: 702322 ImageCages: 60/60
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

I for example would have fun playing with random people a lot, but I would use online if it was in Rayman to play with Rayman fans I know but are from different countries.

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
sergiomonty
Antitoon
Tings: 10

Post by sergiomonty »

Tried Trine 2's online features once. It was an awkward and awful experience. I didn't understand what my partner was trying to do... or even if he had experience in the game. I must say, playing an explorational platformer online with random people is the most boring and overhyped feature in a game.Reviewers should understand this and stop whining about the lack of online in the main campaign of a platformer.
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

Maybe reviewers do not think like you do? Well, UbiSoft explained that ping is problem for online but playing Mario online would be best experiance ever for me. Mario games are also not fast phased like Legends so ther could not be online issues.
BTW an off topic question if I may ask. Is Montenegro your last name?

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
globolk
Otto Psi
Tings: 6280

Post by globolk »

yes i know people have already seen this artwork, i just wanted to say that apparently the luchador in the 3d boss will be named ''el chili'' i know it's not that big of a deal, but we know his name now!
http://www.hdwallpapers.in/walls/rayman ... t-wide.jpg
ALLLSSOO, he actually had a chili pepper in his mouth on his picture on the ring at the end of the E3 trailer! i know it's just one small thing, but it's still pretty interesting... WHOA, also i just found this! i don't know if it's new of old, or unseen, but i have never seen it before!
http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/wu/r/ ... -063_m.jpg
sorry i couldn't figure out how to get the link...
Image by TFDs39 I'M GOING TO BE EDGY TOO LIKE ZOMG. You're all mentally retarded cockroaches chirping and dancing and singing La Cucaracha in a pile of feces. NNID: ETHANSAUCE
Earth Gwee
Ly
Tings: 214170

Post by Earth Gwee »

I have seen that second image before. I find it interesting that they're using Rayman's Origins look for that artwork.
globolk
Otto Psi

Post by globolk »

Earth Gwee wrote:I have seen that second image before. I find it interesting that they're using Rayman's Origins look for that artwork.
it seems like they've been using the RO look for all the artwork... it doesn't look that old though, so i think it may have been with the E3 artwork.
Image by TFDs39 I'M GOING TO BE EDGY TOO LIKE ZOMG. You're all mentally retarded cockroaches chirping and dancing and singing La Cucaracha in a pile of feces. NNID: ETHANSAUCE
Willy
Électoon
Tings: 20

Rayman Legends

Post by Willy »

i need a pc version....... i have only ps2 wii and pc not ps vita wii u ps3 xbox 360 :pascontent: :twisted: :evil:
Snagglebee
Pti-lote
Tings: 2750

Post by Snagglebee »

Willy wrote:i need a pc version....... i have only ps2 wii and pc not ps vita wii u ps3 xbox 360 :pascontent: :twisted: :evil:
then it's time to save money for a new console!
globolk
Otto Psi

Post by globolk »

Willy wrote:i need a pc version....... i have only ps2 wii and pc not ps vita wii u ps3 xbox 360 :pascontent: :twisted: :evil:
i'd buy a wii u or 360 or ps3, any other next gen consoles will likely be costly.
GNineify
Bégoniax
Tings: 38675

Post by GNineify »

globolk wrote:
Earth Gwee wrote:I have seen that second image before. I find it interesting that they're using Rayman's Origins look for that artwork.
it seems like they've been using the RO look for all the artwork... it doesn't look that old though, so i think it may have been with the E3 artwork.
These must've been concepts then in which they've used the RO models for reference when the only change in the RL models is the shading style.
"uckfay isthay itshay iyay'may outyay" - ales mansay probably
YOU'VE FOUND THE ULTRA AMAZING EASTER EGG THAT DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO MAKE YOUR LIFE BETTER!
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

Get the Wii U since that is from 8th Generation of consoles and more games will be made for it in future.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

A PC port will have to be done at any point. So far, all the 4 main games had a PC port, so I don't see why Rayman Legends wouldn't get later a PC port, especially knowing how adaptations are being done for the PS3 and Xbox 360, consoles that don't own a touch screen.
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

It just makes me wonder why are PC versions of UbiSoft games always comming last?
Also do you think that Beyond Good and Evil 2 will be on PC one day? I know they did not announce it for PC and only next-gen consoles but first one was on PC and even released on Steam, so it would be really stupid for sequel not to be on PC.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

I think it is an obvious marketing strategy: if PC was getting released at the same time as consoles, piracy would boost and that would harm the sellings a lot. Ubi will prefer to wait for the profit time with the selling of sufficient copies of Rayman Legends before releasing the PC version, where the loss of money would be less risky.
OCG
Le Capitaine

Post by OCG »

Well, that does make sense, I am really not a big fan of piracy. I got rid of all pirated discs I owned as young. Now only pirated discs I would make are the discs with Undubbed game (hacked version of game with Japanese audio, and English text), but first, I would buy original Japanese version to support original version.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
TeensieKing
Carnivora
Tings: 12809

Post by TeensieKing »

Adsolution wrote:I think having a live-online mode would be a mistake, as it would just result in pure chaos, and not in a good way - it would be especially detrimental to those with more than ~40 ping (almost everyone), as speed and precision are such important factors here, and one can't afford any kind of a delay. As for the Challenges app, I feel that it's the idyllic solution for 'online.' It's in-depth, it's competitive, and it works perfectly.
I hadn't thought of it that way, but you're actually totally right. After reading that, I think online's been implemented in the best possible way.