Rayman Legends

Talk about Rayman himself and Rayman games!

Moderator: English moderators

Which version is your favourite?

Wii U
36%
PlayStation 3
11%
Xbox 360
5%
PlayStation Vita
3%
PC
25%
PlayStation 4
13%
Xbox One
2%
Switch
4%

Total votes: 135

Rayman fan2000
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 10125

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by Rayman fan2000 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:32 pm

OK guys, I just finished Rayman Legends, and I have one thing to say.
I AM NOT GONNA FUCKING GET 400 TEENSIES TO UNLOCK YET ANOTHER HARD AS FUCK PIECE OF SHIT LEVEL WHERE YOU'RE CONSTANTLY RUNNING WHILE THE GAME MAKES ME GO OFFSCREEN BECAUSE WHEN MY FRAMERATE GOES DOWN THE SCREEN DOESNT SLOW DOWN AND I DIE STRAIGHT AWAY!
Honestly, I'm not gonna try getting all those lums to get those skins. I'm done with this. Can't someone upload a save file that has all the skins already?

Rulez
Robot
Tings: 2285

Post by Rulez » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:42 pm

Rayman fan2000 wrote:OK guys, I just finished Rayman Legends, and I have one thing to say.
I AM NOT GONNA FUCKING GET 400 TEENSIES TO UNLOCK YET ANOTHER HARD AS FUCK PIECE OF SHIT LEVEL WHERE YOU'RE CONSTANTLY RUNNING WHILE THE GAME MAKES ME GO OFFSCREEN BECAUSE WHEN MY FRAMERATE GOES DOWN THE SCREEN DOESNT SLOW DOWN AND I DIE STRAIGHT AWAY!
Honestly, I'm not gonna try getting all those lums to get those skins. I'm done with this. Can't someone upload a save file that has all the skins already?
Stop being so twelve, will you?

OCG
Roméo Patti
Tings: 9820

Post by OCG » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:43 pm

Nobody unlocked all skins (except cheaters). And I believe save file is tied to UPlay account.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Davoc
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by Davoc » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:44 pm

Rayman fan2000 wrote:OK guys, I just finished Rayman Legends, and I have one thing to say.
whoa calm down

personally I enjoy chase levels, but I would prefer Rayman Legends to have some more exploration
Rulez wrote:
Davoc wrote:
whoa calm down
Let's war America, the two Polands we are!!!!!!!!!! You Poland me too Poland am. P
Last edited by Davoc on Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rulez
Robot
Tings: 2285

Post by Rulez » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:46 pm

Davoc wrote:
whoa calm down
Let's war America, the two Polands we are!!!!!!!!!! You Poland me too Poland am. P

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:01 pm

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... cafc99.swf (This will be from now on my boon despite of being a dated animation I did years ago)

I fear nobody has unlocked The First King and Rayomz already, and until someone unlocks it, it will take months.

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Post by Master » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:07 pm

I'm in the 500 000's, I try to get my lums up everyday, but what Haruka said is true, it'll take some time before we'll be seeing the last costumes, a rather clever means of keeping us in, Ubi, clever indeed.

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:11 pm

Haruka wrote:http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... cafc99.swf (This will be from now on my boon despite of being a dated animation I did years ago)
Excellent choice!

Anyways, I prefered the way of unlocking skins in RO.

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Droolie
Oumbr
Tings: 57610

Post by Droolie » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:15 pm

sergiomonty wrote:I disagree that R3 has more atmosphere than RL. That's just impossible. The surrealist-yet-legendary settings supported by epic music in Rayman Legends are for a mile more interesting than the dirty swamps and grey forests with generic music from R3. If every level in R3 was more like the fairy council, now that aspect would be debatable.
Did you by any chance skip Razoff's mansion, the Land of the Livid Dead, the tunnels in the Desert of the Knaaren, the Longest Shortcut and the Summit Beyond the Clouds?
Can you name one area in Rayman Legends that is, in your opinion, more atmospheric than the Land of the Livid Dead's starry staircase? Or just outside the Fairy Council? Or the exit tunnel of the Longest Shortcut?
Also, you find the main themes from the worlds I mentioned generic? In Legends, the music was certainly epic, but it was far more generic than Rayman 3's music. Sure, Rayman 3 had some irritating tracks (urgh, the Muddibog ones), but Rayman Legends has them too: all the percussion-only tracks for one. Ultimately, all the upbeat music starts to get irritating too. Even the musical levels themselves are simply out of place in the Rayman universe.
sergiomonty wrote:Now, there's something that you totally nailed, Droolie: Exploring the universe of Rayman established from Origins to Legends in full 3d would be INCREDIBLE... but something that I don't imagine coming soon.
And I hope not. That universe is the least imaginative of the series (opinion!). Everyone and everything is insane in it, there is nothing mysterious about it anymore, etc. They have certainly drawn some beautiful, detailed backgrounds, but a lot of these aren't quite strange/alien/mysterious/atmospheric enough to be able to compete with the Rayman 2 worlds and the Rayman 3 worlds I mentioned above.
I am thinking of the angry German kid right now. I'm sorry the game doesn't support your PC though - you should probably get a better PC or try the console version.

By the way, I'm on my way to complete Back to Origins as well. I will then have all the Teensies and all the diamond cups. I think I'm going to keep playing the challenges daily too so I can get the final two skins. (see? I wouldn't do that if I didn't like the game, right?)
Last edited by Droolie on Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:17 pm

Check your RPC inbox Droolie :)
EDIT: I see you saw it.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Haruka
Rayman 2

Post by Haruka » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:23 pm

One thing's for sure: I'll do a backup of my RL save files when I unlock the last skins, to make sure I don't have some unpleasant surprise later.

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:31 pm

Where is RL save data located anyways?
Anyways, we could discuss about scrapped RL content. I know rabbids level was scrapped and Skylanders features. Are there more scrapped stuff?

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Squiz
Œil Rebondissant
Tings: 37

Post by Squiz » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:13 pm

I made this, imagining what could give a futur DLC :

What do you think ?

Haruka
Rayman 2

Post by Haruka » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:15 pm

Not bad, but I would like to see the Japanese world appearing as a DLC.

Bionichute
Glombrox
Tings: 12145

Post by Bionichute » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:15 pm

Squiz wrote:I made this, imagining what could give a futur DLC :

What do you think ?
That is amazing and hilarious.

The second 8-bit level gave me a headache.

Davoc
Antitoon

Post by Davoc » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:31 pm

Did Ubisoft confirm that there will be DLC levels for Rayman Legends?

Listening to Rayman Legends soundtrack while doing homework. Feels so awesome.

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Post by Master » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:34 pm

I don't think so, let's see what the future holds, Rayman Legends has already been host to many firsts for the franchise, so who knows?
Haruka wrote:Not bad, but I would like to see the Japanese world appearing as a DLC.
Me too, I liked how the Dojo looked.

Davoc
Antitoon

Post by Davoc » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:42 pm

There were so many world types used only in one or two level it was kinda saddening. For example the flower fields in Mariachi Madness

I took a cool screenshot of it, too:
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/903 ... C0112A20E/ (snipped to link cuz possible spoilers)
(he's holding an imaginary microphone)
Last edited by Davoc on Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheTempurmental
Pizzicatta
Tings: 3930

Post by TheTempurmental » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:43 pm

Wow, just beat the first boss and, I gotta say, it was way more epic than I thought it would be! I love big castle siege that goes on around you in that level!