Rayman Legends

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Which version is your favourite?

Wii U
29%
PlayStation 3
8%
Xbox 360
5%
PlayStation Vita
2%
PC
26%
PlayStation 4
13%
Xbox One
3%
Switch
14%

Total votes: 212

Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by Adsolution »

Carrot-master wrote:Here's an example of a distance glitch: https://youtu.be/X_cBx5dX3mA?t=50m15s
I can't remember if there are others, but I know this same glitch appears in the Livid Dead as well.
This glitch really deserves a proper investigation.
SpyroGuy
Céloche
Tings: 7416

Post by SpyroGuy »

Carrot-master wrote:It doesn't unlock an extra slot. I don't believe that was ever programmed for the PC version. It only changes the last used character so you start as that one.

As for revealing how to do this, I think that'd be great! The game isn't that new any more so I don't see that as an issue.
And the virtual cookie goes to this guy! There are no extra unlockable character slots in the game, it is merely an enforced replacement, a swap of the player's currently equipped skin to the Ubi-Ray one which is actually coded into the game, so the V.I.P. members can use it and others can see it as well.

I also tried to enable other console exclusive skins, because I assumed that all versions being the same base game, those might be disabled/unobtainable, but regardless of this they might still exist as coded characters just like Ubi-Ray. I was wrong unfortunately as when I tried this the game didn't load ANY characters...like at all. There was just an empty space where the player character was supposed to stand at and the player icon's place was blank as well. xD

Anyways, personally I don't see anything wrong with revealing it either since it might just give you guys another reason to fire up the game once again.

I shall wait for a few more answers then if the majority is okay with it, here it goes. :D
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

I would say no, since it might lead to repercussions should they ever decide to clamp down on h4xx0rs. But I'm kidding myself if I think that's ever gonna happen. :roll:
SpyroGuy
Céloche
Tings: 7416

Post by SpyroGuy »

PluMGMK wrote:I would say no, since it might lead to repercussions should they ever decide to clamp down on h4xx0rs. But I'm kidding myself if I think that's ever gonna happen. :roll:
Well to be honest this thing doesn't really give any advantages to it's user other than looking awesome not to mention that many people might not give a crap about it even if the opportunity itself is offered and reachable, it's just one of the many skins after all with many being actually even more awesome than this imho.

The only thing that makes this skin so interesting is the sheer fact of it's exclusivity which at this point is kinda pointless as the game doesn't seem to have active support anymore (not on PC or last-gen anyway as the Challenges are automated as far as I'm aware).

Now your statement gave me another idea in the matter: How awesome would it be if Ubisoft would offer all or most of the previously console exclusive skins as purchasable DLC for the PC version? It would certainly revitalize the game for a short amount of time at least methinks and I for one would LOVE to have the opportunity to try Splinter Ray or Prince of Persia Ray, skins that as I know are not obtainable anymore if you happened to miss certain pre-ordering opportunities. :P
Rulez
Henchman 1000
Tings: 2310

Post by Rulez »

SpyroGuy wrote:I shall wait for a few more answers then if the majority is okay with it, here it goes. :D
I, for example, am okay with it.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Well, no wording about the Definitive Edition. Either they have nothing solid to show yet or this is going to be a failure.
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

They're probably showimg it at Nintendo's spotlight event. It will probably just be a short trailer with a release date. Hopefully they'll clarify exactly what makes so "definitive".
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Yeah, because I am worried about the silence of it. They are better to know what are they doing if they want to convince fans to rebuy it.
Blogz
Électoon
Tings: 5

Post by Blogz »

Don't you guys think that Rayman Legends needs some kind of "Hall of Fame" page on the site? I don't know if there is one. This is my first post ever to this forum. :D (Also im unexperienced with all kinds of forums, so no hate...:P)
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Ah, welcome aboard! Be sure to introduce yourself here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1616

As for your question, we did set up some scoreboards on RayWiki, but that's more of a community run sort of thing. I don't think a Hall of Fame akin to what we have with Rayman 3 is plausible, however. It took some collaboration with UbiSoft to bring the Hall of Fame to RPC, if memory serves, and I don't know if that could happen again.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Cool, I didn't know we had that!
Anyway, in my wildest fantasies I dream of a RL-Lums to RPC-Tings converter (obviously with Lums worth a lot less than Tings) but yeah, considering how they don't even monitor their scoreboards for cheaters, I doubt they'd be interested in linking them up with this site.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

I'm sure some members would play the game a lot more if it were the case. :lol:
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

For a long time it pretty much became nearly impossible to get Diamond Cups in Rayman Legends: there's no control of the leaderboards. 0:00:00 in Invaded levels, hehe.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

The invaded levels are a cesspool of dishonesty, it's true, but back when I was playing the challenge leaderboards were usually clean. I won a few diamonds myself!
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Me too, but now is pretty much impossible.
Jaster
Barbara
Tings: 10868

Post by Jaster »

Amazon UK says Rayman Legends Definitive Edition is coming out September 12th.

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/06/29/a ... mber-12th/
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Hmm, very underwhelming. Doesn't really bode well for a supposed "Definitive Edition."
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Well, we never know, it could be full of surprises. But seemingly it's not, and I'm actually really very disappointed.
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

I'd love to be pleasantly surprised, but the almost deafening silence since the announcement of the game, and this mumble of a release date announcement doesn't really give the impression of confidence on Ubi's part. If this is supposed to be the definitive version of the game, one would have thought that it'd be shown off with fanfare to give more inclination to buy the game again.
Jaster
Barbara
Tings: 10868

Post by Jaster »

It seems that we'll have some Rayman Legends Definitive Edition news this summer (so that date of September may be true), here's the message from Rayman's Facebook:

Rayman and his wacky friends are off on holiday and they're bringing along something special! Follow them on their summer world tour.
https://www.facebook.com/rayman/photos/ ... =3&theater