Rayman Legends

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Which version is your favourite?

Wii U
29%
PlayStation 3
8%
Xbox 360
5%
PlayStation Vita
2%
PC
26%
PlayStation 4
13%
Xbox One
3%
Switch
14%

Total votes: 212

Zikken
Sergueï
Tings: 45345

Re: Rayman Legends

Post by Zikken »

Just got the game after doing a deal with my parents and talking for like 3 hours about it ( I feel annoying because of that ). Polokus voice in French reminds me of story tellers for children to goes to sleep in movies oh god. Can't access Uplay and online things because I don't have xbox live on this 360 ( because I have two and the other one is used by my little brother, maybe i'll access the stuff later if he let me. ) Off to play the game now though before I fall asleep with them sleeping on the TV screen.
Dart
Clark
Tings: 49845

Post by Dart »

sergiomonty wrote:Not surprised with Droolie's review. He's recently being too harsh with recent Rayman games :P

I still think the world established in R3 is not interesting enough for deep exploration. It is too grey.... sometimes rather boring. Yeah, sometimes there are a few colorful mushrooms shining around but that's the only colorful thing I can come up with. That and the Fairy Council. But the rest of the levels are... ugly. I don't either like the vibes of the game... it is way too hostile. I didn't familiarize with any of the characters or have a true reason to care about them and save them. All of them were too sarcastic or too dumb for my taste.

Also... saying a game is not interesting enough just because it's in 2d instead of 3d? Dude... come on. Well, I guess it's your opinion but... SERIOUSLY.
dartofthedavros wrote:to the above review: everything you said is true. I do wish that origins had been what the beta trailer had promised; a much slower 2-player game with new abilitys like the propeller thing they did while walking. also this game still deserves like an 8/10 or 7.9/10. at least its better than hoodlums' revenge and the RRR spin-offs :)
It is better than Rayman 2, so that's a thing.

*Puts on his helmet for the flamewar*
Well... I do enjoy rayman 3 as a CHILDHOOD fav. doesn't mean its the best at all but there are memories to it. and LoL to the flame war, I originaly owned rayman ds before getting a good copy of R2 so I sorta know how u feel. and outta the blue go class of 2016!!
sergiomonty
Antitoon
Tings: 10

Post by sergiomonty »

I loved EVERY single Rayman game from the franchise, except for most of the Rabbids spin-offs, but sometimes I think Rayman 2 is way too overrated. It's a great experience, but once you know that you have to push this button then beat this baddy then grab this lum... there's not much to it. It's not even funny when you memorize where the lums are. The characters though, they are very likeable and full with personality, and that's something that I love from R2 that many games from Nintendo 64 didn't have. It's a very interesting universe. But with that apart, I think the game is overrated here, the levels aren't interesting or memorable either.

Rayman 1 in the other hand, well, that one deserves the title that it has, it's a truly masterful platformer. Sucky ending, but amazing game in general. No nostalgia involved, I played them all like 4 years ago and I'm being the most concrete I could.
Rayfist
Sandra Misu
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

While I do think Rayman 2 probably is the most loved Rayman game, it certainly deserves it. And I understood you right until you reached...
sergiomonty wrote: the levels aren't interesting or memorable either.
Seriously...? Rayman 2 had some of THE most memorable levels in my opinion.
Anyways my progress on RL, I now have 310/700 teensies.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
globolk
Otto Psi
Tings: 6280

Post by globolk »

sergiomonty wrote:I loved EVERY single Rayman game from the franchise, except for most of the Rabbids spin-offs, but sometimes I think Rayman 2 is way too overrated. It's a great experience, but once you know that you have to push this button then beat this baddy then grab this lum... there's not much to it. It's not even funny when you memorize where the lums are. The characters though, they are very likeable and full with personality, and that's something that I love from R2 that many games from Nintendo 64 didn't have. It's a very interesting universe. But with that apart, I think the game is overrated here, the levels aren't interesting or memorable either.

Rayman 1 in the other hand, well, that one deserves the title that it has, it's a truly masterful platformer. Sucky ending, but amazing game in general. No nostalgia involved, I played them all like 4 years ago and I'm being the most concrete I could.
same-same. i've loved all of them! even ORIGINS really felt amazing to me being that i hadn't played a rayman game in years, until 2011... just my opinion though! with games like origins and legends, you can't really compare them to the previous installments in the series being that they're SO different! i can't IMAGINE bouncing off some strangers belly and riding up his vomit in R1! that's what i like about legends! and when i someday want that CRAZY unique experience compared to the other games, i will pick up my wiimote and nunchuk and play right to the end again.
Image by TFDs39 I'M GOING TO BE EDGY TOO LIKE ZOMG. You're all mentally retarded cockroaches chirping and dancing and singing La Cucaracha in a pile of feces. NNID: ETHANSAUCE
Nicolas Cage
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by Nicolas Cage »

I'll definitely enjoy Legends, but I really doubt it'll end up being one of the amazing games I've played in a while. Origins was lovely but I simply call it a great game. A great game could also be the new Mario Kart. I guess the problem I have is that for me Rayman =/= Origins/Legends. Were it another character I'd probably look at it much more positively.
sergiomonty wrote:I still think the world established in R3 is not interesting enough for deep exploration. It is too grey.... sometimes rather boring. Yeah, sometimes there are a few colorful mushrooms shining around but that's the only colorful thing I can come up with. That and the Fairy Council. But the rest of the levels are... ugly. I don't either like the vibes of the game... it is way too hostile. I didn't familiarize with any of the characters or have a true reason to care about them and save them. All of them were too sarcastic or too dumb for my taste.
Rayman 3 is like Smeagol. It fights with itself. It creates what could potentially be a great world and then sends in an army of annoying characters and jokes to kill it with pure hatred for things that make good games. I, personally, love Rayman 3's world. But it's really hard to appreciate the concept of this large, dark cave system civilised by something as cool as the Knaaren when Ubisoft's attempt at humour comes in and tries to entertain you. Why set up this great atmosphere with probably the most interesting characters in the game and then feel the need to add comedy to it? It doesn't fit in with the environment and it's not charming.
Rayfist wrote:Seriously...? Rayman 2 had some of THE most memorable levels in my opinion.
Anyways my progress on RL, I now have 310/700 teensies.
Aye, I like it a lot. A strength all of the Rayman games seem to have. I will, however, not deny that sometimes the love for Rayman 2 seems to make people blindly look over some things that they'd likely point out in any other game. The combat is R2 is so boring there's almost no point in having it.
Not the motherfucking bees
sergiomonty
Antitoon
Tings: 10

Post by sergiomonty »

I remember this stage that was...in... the forest... oh...

Well, I remember when Rayman had to ride a rocket dude. And then found Clark and had to save him by going to the swamp and entering the cave of bad dreams or something like that to get the antidote. That's the only thing I remember from Rayman 2. The rest for me is... just irrelevant. Fighting pirates, going to the forest, fighting pirates, going to the sea, fighting pirates, going to the forest... riding a fucked up chair then fighting some more pirates. I don't remember anything, god.

At least I remember that I enjoyed the experience. It's a good game, but... you know, not a big bomb for me. I think what makes this game so special is that it's one of the few 3d platformers that didn't fuck up the camera and actually had pretty interesting characters. That I appreciate.

Rayman 3 was all messed up from the beginning. The only thing that saves it from being awful (OPINIONOPINIONOPINION) are those creative power-ups and the cool ways you use them. I found myself enjoying them. The combat itself is meh, and the Glade of Dreams seems... just dead (except for the fairy council). Some say the appeal is hooked to the humour, but I didn't find myself laughing at any of the jokes. They were just... too dark for my personal taste.
Keane
André
Tings: 222528

Post by Keane »

Rayman 2 feels like a journey to me. I could imagine it being pretty cool if there was no world map and you were on this long adventure.

I'm not sure why everyone has such love for Rayman 2's characters. Sssam, Clark and Uglette are just suddenly introduced like we know them and play very minor roles that are not big enough for me to go "ZOMG IF CLARK ISNT IN THE NEXT RAYMAN GAME IM NOT BUYING IT". Ly, Murfy, Razorbeard etc are a different story. And that, yes, is something Rayman 3 misses. But even then I still don't have a great love for Murfy (Who earned much more of a personality in R3) or Globox, whom is just a silly guy who appears in the intro too thus he's more remembered then Sssam.
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
Zikken
Sergueï

Post by Zikken »

Aye, are the daily/weekly challenges worth it? Because I don't feel like moving downstairs restarting from zero just to try one if they aren't.
Disionity
Reclu
Tings: 2700

Post by Disionity »

I finally acquired my copy of Rayman Legends. I have completed Teensies In Trouble, freeing all Teensies. I also have two Back To Origins levels and four creatures. I am enjoying the game fairly well so far, with my only complaints being lack of story, atmosphere, immersion, etc. and how inconsistent the Artificial Intelligence of the CPU controlled character is on the levels requiring Murfy. I hope to have the game completed within the week, I shall write a review then.
Keane
André
Tings: 222528

Post by Keane »

ZeptoRay wrote:Aye, are the daily/weekly challenges worth it? Because I don't feel like moving downstairs restarting from zero just to try one if they aren't.
I just gotta point out that your sig is just adorable. I can't stop looking at it.
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
TheTempurmental
Mouru
Tings: 3930

Post by TheTempurmental »

Guess who just bought RL? Me! Guess who has to wait till after school tomorrow to play it? Me!
Zikken
Sergueï

Post by Zikken »

Keane wrote:
ZeptoRay wrote:Aye, are the daily/weekly challenges worth it? Because I don't feel like moving downstairs restarting from zero just to try one if they aren't.
I just gotta point out that your sig is just adorable. I can't stop looking at it.
Bahah thank you! :D
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Personally, I'm compelled to agree with all of Droolie's first section involving the story and the like.
Back to Origins, well, personally, I preferred this mode to the original, but I see where he's coming from.
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

I liked BtO better then RO levels. I like Droolie's review but I disagree that Origins was not good game.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image
Dart
Clark
Tings: 49845

Post by Dart »

TheTempurmental wrote:Guess who just bought RL? Me! Guess who has to wait till after school tomorrow to play it? Me!
Ditto
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

I agree with everything that Droolie said, except I would like to note there are minor tweaks in the level designs of the Back to Origins levels but these were mostly created to hide the Teensies.

Although as a whole I found RL a better game than R3, but in terms of fan stuff I still am with some doubts. I even discussed this in private with Droolie and we both pretty much agreed in general with the facts in cause, like the general atmosphere being more magical in Rayman 3 (LOTLD being one of the best examples), existing a more rewarding ending (the bosses are obviously linked with the story).
sergiomonty wrote:It's not even funny when you memorize where the lums are.
That didn't ruin my latest re-experiences with R2 in these latest years.
sergiomonty wrote:I think the game is overrated here, the levels aren't interesting or memorable either.
Not even the Sanctuary of Stone and Fire? Or the others? The Menhir Hiils? The Precipice? The Echoing Caves? The Cave of Bad Dreams? Rayman 2 is full of memorable levels.
sergiomonty wrote:Rayman 1 in the other hand, well, that one deserves the title that it has, it's a truly masterful platformer. Sucky ending, but amazing game in general.
At least the ending is better than looking to the Dark Teensies having their butts used as musical instruments in the moon.
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

sergiomonty wrote:Not surprised with Droolie's review. He's recently being too harsh with recent Rayman games :P
Again I like the game a lot - I personally think I'm not being harsh, I'm just pointing out how it could be even better (to me). :)
sergiomonty wrote:I still think the world established in R3 is not interesting enough for deep exploration. It is too grey.... sometimes rather boring. Yeah, sometimes there are a few colorful mushrooms shining around but that's the only colorful thing I can come up with. That and the Fairy Council. But the rest of the levels are... ugly. I don't either like the vibes of the game... it is way too hostile.
The only real hostile vibes in the game are in the Clearleaf Forest, Hoodlum Headquarters and the Tower of the Leptys. I mentioned those in my review. I forgot the Bog of Murk's swamp areas though. Those were kind of hostile and boring - but Razoff's mansion was great.
The Desert of the Knaaren is hostile too, but it's very atmospheric.
If you couldn't enjoy the Fairy Council, the Land of the Livid Dead, the Longest Shortcut and the Summit Beyond the Clouds, well, that's a pity. :(
sergiomonty wrote:I didn't familiarize with any of the characters or have a true reason to care about them and save them. All of them were too sarcastic or too dumb for my taste.
They still look a lot dumber in Origins and Legends.
sergiomonty wrote:I wouldn't credit the story either. It is terribly repetitive and unsatisfying.
It's not that good in Rayman 3, true. But it is rewarding. The mysterious new power you gain after beating Reflux for the first time was a good reward for the fight. And the ending was kind of cute - a better reward for finishing the game than just credits.
sergiomonty wrote:Also... saying a game is not interesting enough just because it's in 2d instead of 3d? Dude... come on. Well, I guess it's your opinion but... SERIOUSLY.
I'm not saying the game is not interesting enough, nor am I saying the game would be more interesting if it was 3D. I'm saying the world would be more interesting, and don't you agree? 3D worlds seem more real.
Rayman fan2000
Barbara
Tings: 10530

Post by Rayman fan2000 »

Why does everyone LOVE rayman origins like it's their fucking soul? Do you guys really like constant running while shit chases you? That's what always happens in the new Rayman games!
OCG
Le Capitaine
Tings: 9905

Post by OCG »

I don't like it that much. But it is much better then Rayman 3 in my opinion For me this is how it goes. From my favourite Rayman game to my least favourite Rayman game:
Rayman 1
Rayman 2
Rayman Legends
Rayman Origins
Rayman M/Arena/Rush
Educational games
Rayman 3
Rabbids series
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image