Rayman Designer

For discussions about the Rayman series.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 103760

Re: Rayman Designer

Post by PluMGMK »

This comes in especially handy in Bongo Hills; it allows the player to easily break the infamous "helicopter" cage on the fifth screen without revisiting the level, saving around three minutes of time.
Hadn't thought of that! I should probably try to master it then, because revisiting Bongo Hills is painful even when you're not speedrunning :hap:
Chacanger
Ptizêtre en or
Tings: 895

Post by Chacanger »

Hunchman801 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:49 am While it certainly makes sense for practicing ring hopping, I still think you're evil for creating this, Ad.
Although not Designer, I made for the Rayman 1 Hard Edition Mod which uses Rings in a nasty way...
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610589

Post by Hunchman801 »

This is like Ad's level, but completely unforgiving this time. Truly sadistic.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

PluMGMK wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:18 pm
This comes in especially handy in Bongo Hills; it allows the player to easily break the infamous "helicopter" cage on the fifth screen without revisiting the level, saving around three minutes of time.
Hadn't thought of that! I should probably try to master it then, because revisiting Bongo Hills is painful even when you're not speedrunning :hap:
Well, I pulled it off… :hap: The hardest part is resisting the urge to hold down the Right Arrow once you're in the air, since that will actually normalize Ray's momentum instead of maintaining it :oops2:
RaymanRedemption
Boomboleros
Tings: 2785

Post by RaymanRedemption »

Hi there!

I'm here to say I added the Jail tiles within Rayman Designer. They come from the fangame Rayman ReDesigner. I guess one demo is best than thousand of words so here's a demo level using them! :)

The level is attached to this message.
Demo:

Enjoy! :noel:
Attachments
Dark_Jail.zip
(8.14 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
Terror Notes spread Chaos in Band Land!
:arrow: https://youtu.be/VLHLHlrNPpI

PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

I'll try it out! :) But I think you forgot to include the PCX file in the zip :oops2:
RaymanRedemption
Boomboleros

Hi, oh what? Looks like I missed to include it indeed, sorry! :oops2:

Here's the IMA.PCX file (I had to put in ZIP folder because PCX format isn't allowed on the forum):
Please let me know if everything is working now :)
Attachments
ima.zip
(32.86 KiB) Downloaded 42 times

PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Yep, all good now, thanks! :) I even managed to download the files on my "retro" DOS setup and start the level (typical PluM making life complicated for themself :mefiant:)

It's pretty epic, and there's no way I'll be able to actually finish it on a work night! :lol: Let's see if I can manage it on Saturday :hap:
RaymanRedemption
Boomboleros

Haha nice, thank you for trying it! :)

Rhomahan
Lums Rouge
Tings: 60

Re: Rayman ReDesigner, searching for a level

Post by Rhomahan »

Hello everyone,

I am not sure if this is the right place to launch the subject but I try anyway.

I am looking for a level in rayman redesigner ( or maybe designer ) that I saw in a video a very very VEEERY long time ago, it starts with rayman on a moving platform ( the one that is pruple with eyes ) going to the right of the screen, and this music starts ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vlB8lr ... U&index=55 ) ( I don't know if it was on the video or in the level ) the background is a dark wall with many littles stars in different colors ( red, green, blue, yellow, purple maybe, ect ) at the beginning the, it seems like a little labyrinth and the cieling and the gound are full of little spikes that probably kills instantly, the player had to find the little sparkles thing to free some passages, at some point near the end, the place is larger and a moving platform is going to the end and if I remember correctly, the player had to crouch to doge ennemies appearing who throws thing at the player.

That's all I remember, I know it's not a lot but I saw this video like 10 or 12 years ago, I was already lucky enough to find the song's title and I was so happy to find it.

It would be great to find this video or the level at least because I've been looking for it for years now, I am very nostalgic dude who likes good ol time little things ^^^

Thanks in advance for your help.
Last edited by Rhomahan on Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Rhomahan wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:15 pm Hello everyone,

I am not sure if this is the right place to launch the subject but I try anyway.
Hello and welcome! :) I have moved this message from the ReDesigner topic to the Designer one, because if you saw this 10~12 years ago then it definitely wasn't ReDesigner (which only came out in 2020).

The music is nice, I'm not sure if I've heard it before. It would certainly have been added to the video (not in the game itself). I can't remember off-hand if I've seen this level, but I'll try to think back over who might have made it and see if they still have videos available…

EDIT: I had a quick look through the Betilla's Gardens fan-level forum, but a lot of the videos from that long ago are no longer available :( (The rate of link rot is staggering tbh, and it's strange, since I for one never took down any of mine…)
Rhomahan
Lums Rouge

Post by Rhomahan »

That is what I thought :/ it really is a pain I can't find this video anymore, I was trying recently to go to wayback machine but I didn't succeed in using it.
When I saw this video at that time, I was thinking it was a fanmade of the mr.dark's castel ^^
Last edited by Rhomahan on Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RaymanRedemption
Boomboleros

Hello, and welcome on the forum.
the background is a dark wall with many littles stars in different colors
Sadly I don't remember any Rayman Designer level looking like this one, with that particular music. I used to search for all Rayman Designer levels in Betilla's Garden forum and I didn't found anything similar. I'd say most likely the level wasn't shared and was a video only. I know a lot of Rayman Designer videos are also gone with time.

Well, good luck on your research maybe it still exists but low chance.

Try to look at this playlist, it contains a lot of old Rayman Designer videos:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_FMkBI0rFEwAZVJYk908A

ChronicTraitor
Dragon Médiéval
Tings: 10112

Post by ChronicTraitor »

Rhomahan wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:15 pm I am looking for a level in rayman redesigner ( or maybe designer ) that I saw in a video a very very VEEERY long time ago, it starts with rayman on a moving platform ( the one that is pruple with eyes ) going to the right of the screen, and this music starts ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vlB8lr ... U&index=55 ) ( I don't know if it was on the video or in the level ) the background is a dark wall with many littles stars in different colors ( red, green, blue, yellow, purple maybe, ect ) at the beginning the, it seems like a little labyrinth and the cieling and the gound are full of little spikes that probably kills instantly, the player had to find the little sparkles thing to free some passages, at some point near the end, the place is larger and a moving platform is going to the end and if I remember correctly, the player had to crouch to doge ennemies appearing who throws thing at the player.
Maybe you could try recreating it from what you remember in Redesigner? :idea2:

You seem to have a pretty good idea of how the level was built aesthetically and obstacle-wise. It could take a bit of work, but you have the music, and custom graphics can fill in for the background you're describing. Maybe not the best advice I could add here but it's one way to keep it from being lost! I'm sure many of the members here would be willing to lend a hand if you needed one as well. :wink:

Welcome to RPC by the way!
Rhomahan
Lums Rouge

Post by Rhomahan »

Oh that can work, I am still discovering rayman designer ( I just started ) so it will take a bit of time ^^'
RaymanRedemption wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:22 am Hello, and welcome on the forum.
the background is a dark wall with many littles stars in different colors
Sadly I don't remember any Rayman Designer level looking like this one, with that particular music. I used to search for all Rayman Designer levels in Betilla's Garden forum and I didn't found anything similar. I'd say most likely the level wasn't shared and was a video only. I know a lot of Rayman Designer videos are also gone with time.

Well, good luck on your research maybe it still exists but low chance.

Try to look at this playlist, it contains a lot of old Rayman Designer videos:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_FMkBI0rFEwAZVJYk908A
I already looked at all the videos and nothing like I saw was even close, it was a fully custom map with many custom thing, like the wall that is the thing I remembered the most, some pilars, it was like the inside of a castle ( at that time I was young, like 14 or 12 and I couldn't understand or speak english, so now that I think about it, it is older ^^ )
Last edited by DaveRattlehead on Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged posts
Rhomahan
Lums Rouge

Post by Rhomahan »

Hello everyone!

I think the level that I am looking for is made by the same person who made another level I saw in another video ( at the same timeline ) Rayman is inside a medieval castle fully custom level, there was a medieval song with this level, at some point, rayman had to climb a very high tower and you could see the sky outside as the tower wasn't very large, it was night time.

That's all I have in memory ^^' I know it's not a lot but it was a very long time ago, I don't think i will ever be able to find it but for some reason I am sure I draw the full layout of this level, I can almost picture it in my head but as I said, it's probably lost for good :/

There are 2 others videos I remember of custom rayman level, I'll give you short description of what I remember.

( 01 = Rayman designer - Sugar baby love, cake world, big flying part with spike nougats or caramel? 02 = Rayman designer - creepy short video at the begining and girl almost vomit, sixteen ton chinese version, mountain world, at the end, video of 2 people dancing ( 80-90's movie? clip? ) then a short sequence of the movie the grudge at a jumpscare moment )
Rhomahan
Lums Rouge

Post by Rhomahan »

Hello everyone!

I published a video about the level I was talking about a couple days ago ( Disclaimer : I didn't finished yet and I need to find where I can download custome backgrounds in order to fully recreate the decoration, but no one answered me yet :/ ) the very beginning is almost what I remebered but at the first purple platform going up from that point, my memory is not very cear and I creat with some presonal touch, it's just to give you the mane vibe of the level, enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPKSOsUQce4
ChronicTraitor wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:33 pm Maybe you could try recreating it from what you remember in Redesigner? :idea2:

You seem to have a pretty good idea of how the level was built aesthetically and obstacle-wise. It could take a bit of work, but you have the music, and custom graphics can fill in for the background you're describing. Maybe not the best advice I could add here but it's one way to keep it from being lost! I'm sure many of the members here would be willing to lend a hand if you needed one as well. :wink:

Welcome to RPC by the way!

Hello,

I wanted to ask you where do you think I can download or take custom graphics for the background elements? nobody is answering me :/
ChronicTraitor
Dragon Médiéval
Tings: 10112

Post by ChronicTraitor »

Rhomahan wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:24 am Hello,

I wanted to ask you where do you think I can download or take custom graphics for the background elements? nobody is answering me :/
I'll admit I've never really gotten into Redesigner's custom graphics stuff, so I don't know how it all works, however I feel there must be many places custom graphics can be found. Namely places like The Spriter's Resource (just be sure to follow the author's rules if they ask to be credited!), though there may be free sprite backgrounds in your browser's image search that you could also use.

Hopefully this helps somewhat. Though I can't help with any specifics if Redesigner has that for inserting custom graphics.
Rhomahan
Lums Rouge

Post by Rhomahan »

https://youtu.be/hPdX-JCfpsA

Here's the map with custom background so you can have a better idea of what the map looked like
CosmicStrider
Barbara
Tings: 10730

Post by CosmicStrider »

Looks really good so far! The background's really pretty and I really enjoyed the music, very epic.

Though I wonder if anyone knows what the level was called at all. Either way I think you're doing a fine job, Rhomahan! :winkgrin: