Who likes modding Rayman 2 & 3?

Discuss tools to aid in the modification and running of Rayman games.

Moderators: English moderators, Modding and utilities team

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Posts: 23469
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Up a tree in North Hillys
Contact:
Tings: 3165

Re: Who likes modding Rayman 2 & 3?

Postby PluMGMK » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:27 pm

Goddammit, I want that text tool! :x
It would be really great to translate this game that I love into Irish…
ImageImage

MixerX
Poilu
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:59 pm
Tings: 550

Re: Who likes modding Rayman 2 & 3?

Postby MixerX » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:39 pm

Hey guys,
when I released these tools, there wasn't much of interested in them, so after a while I didn't come back here to check anything. I didn't get any FB messages or e-mails, well, until now from RibShark. So, what's going on? What's the big progess? What's needed from me? Give me links to some other topics if there's anything going on. I'll be glad to help.

Master
Rayman Origins
Posts: 49253
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am
Location: Somewhere specific, I'd assume.
Tings: 395575

Re: Who likes modding Rayman 2 & 3?

Postby Master » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:12 pm

We were wondering if you'd be willing to share the source code for your tools, if it's not too much hassle.
Image

RibShark
Sssam
Posts: 1569
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:03 pm
Contact:
Tings: 30770

Re: Who likes modding Rayman 2 & 3?

Postby RibShark » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:10 pm

Thanks for coming back to help with our modding efforts!
The Rayman modding scene has increased with a few users (including myself) interested in the games formats. What would help is if you could describe in detail the formats (such as .cnt or the .gf) and possibly release the source code to your programs (as long as you don't mind). Your tools also seem to fail on the Rayman 3 PC Beta unless one byte in the .cnt is changed to 00, and even then only some of the .gf files can be converted successfully (some produce corrupted .tgas).

GOT4N
Uglette
Posts: 3404
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:10 pm
Contact:
Tings: 26325

Re: Who likes modding Rayman 2 & 3?

Postby GOT4N » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:36 pm

MixerX wrote:Hey guys,
when I released these tools, there wasn't much of interested in them, so after a while I didn't come back here to check anything. I didn't get any FB messages or e-mails, well, until now from RibShark. So, what's going on? What's the big progess? What's needed from me? Give me links to some other topics if there's anything going on. I'll be glad to help.

I sent you a pm dude. Can you get on IRC with me and RibShark? It'll be easier to explain.
irc.esper.net, channel #RayHacks
Youtube channel: http://youtube.com/pokgot4n
WR: TAS of Rayman Advance, 1:16.19.97
Image
Image

MixerX
Poilu
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:59 pm
Tings: 550

Re: Who likes modding Rayman 2 & 3?

Postby MixerX » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:26 pm

RibShark wrote:What would help is if you could describe in detail the formats (such as .cnt or the .gf)

Did that already to some other forum member. I'll try to dig up what I've written down.

RibShark wrote:possibly release the source code to your programs (as long as you don't mind).

Not that I'd mind, but they would be probably useless to you. I didn't think of releasing source code when I was writing it, so variable names, comments, etc are not in English.

RibShark wrote:Your tools also seem to fail on the Rayman 3 PC Beta unless one byte in the .cnt is changed to 00

Aborting routine execution at this point probably wasn't a good idea. At that time I didn't know the engine changes that byte in every single build that uses this archive. That's easy to fix though.

RibShark wrote:and even then only some of the .gf files can be converted successfully (some produce corrupted .tgas).

Actually they don't produce anything I guess. Decompression fails in certain files and since nobody seemed to mind until now, I didn't check why :)

Ok, let's meet on IRC then. Just say when.

GOT4N
Uglette
Posts: 3404
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:10 pm
Contact:
Tings: 26325

Re: Who likes modding Rayman 2 & 3?

Postby GOT4N » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:44 am

MixerX wrote:
RibShark wrote:What would help is if you could describe in detail the formats (such as .cnt or the .gf)

Did that already to some other forum member. I'll try to dig up what I've written down.

RibShark wrote:possibly release the source code to your programs (as long as you don't mind).

Not that I'd mind, but they would be probably useless to you. I didn't think of releasing source code when I was writing it, so variable names, comments, etc are not in English.

RibShark wrote:Your tools also seem to fail on the Rayman 3 PC Beta unless one byte in the .cnt is changed to 00

Aborting routine execution at this point probably wasn't a good idea. At that time I didn't know the engine changes that byte in every single build that uses this archive. That's easy to fix though.

RibShark wrote:and even then only some of the .gf files can be converted successfully (some produce corrupted .tgas).

Actually they don't produce anything I guess. Decompression fails in certain files and since nobody seemed to mind until now, I didn't check why :)

Ok, let's meet on IRC then. Just say when.

When you want dude. irc.esper.net, channel #RayHacks
Youtube channel: http://youtube.com/pokgot4n
WR: TAS of Rayman Advance, 1:16.19.97
Image
Image

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Posts: 23469
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Up a tree in North Hillys
Contact:
Tings: 3165

Re: Who likes modding Rayman 2 & 3?

Postby PluMGMK » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:13 pm

I don't know, I think that a release, even not in English, could be useful to the rest of the community.
ImageImage

GOT4N
Uglette
Posts: 3404
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:10 pm
Contact:
Tings: 26325

Re: Who likes modding Rayman 2 & 3?

Postby GOT4N » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:28 pm

PluMGMK wrote:I don't know, I think that a release, even not in English, could be useful to the rest of the community.

Got it in private, I admit it's cool, I just think a GUI would be easier, it converts to text the file, but you can't exceed the size, else it'll go offscreen, you have to make yourself a limit :p
But else it's pretty cool :p
I'll make a vid later
Youtube channel: http://youtube.com/pokgot4n
WR: TAS of Rayman Advance, 1:16.19.97
Image
Image

GOT4N
Uglette
Posts: 3404
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:10 pm
Contact:
Tings: 26325

Re: Who likes modding Rayman 2 & 3?

Postby GOT4N » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:15 pm

Just for you guys :D
Youtube channel: http://youtube.com/pokgot4n
WR: TAS of Rayman Advance, 1:16.19.97
Image
Image

Master
Rayman Origins
Posts: 49253
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am
Location: Somewhere specific, I'd assume.
Tings: 395575

Re: Who likes modding Rayman 2 & 3?

Postby Master » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:23 pm

Huh, I still you're still using our DarkRay skin too. Nice one, MixerX and Wesh.
Image

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Posts: 23469
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Up a tree in North Hillys
Contact:
Tings: 3165

Re: Who likes modding Rayman 2 & 3?

Postby PluMGMK » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:33 pm

Woohoo! :D
ImageImage

GOT4N
Uglette
Posts: 3404
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:10 pm
Contact:
Tings: 26325

Re: Who likes modding Rayman 2 & 3?

Postby GOT4N » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:35 pm

Probably yeah, btw, here how it looks like (for translating):
http://i.imgur.com/NGKGiEm.png
btw, Mixer told me that game had a very strong text protection. :p

(Thanks Master btw)
Youtube channel: http://youtube.com/pokgot4n
WR: TAS of Rayman Advance, 1:16.19.97
Image
Image

MixerX
Poilu
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:59 pm
Tings: 550

Re: Who likes modding Rayman 2 & 3?

Postby MixerX » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:14 pm

Hey,
I decided to release the text tool for everyone. It has a simple readme file with explanation how to use it. There are some limitations like it was said, but I couldn't figure out format of whole file. Rayman 2 text is located in 'Fix.sna' (Rayman 2\Data\World\Levels\Fix.sna).

Code: Select all

http://www.lokalizacie.sk/editory/2-rayman-text-tool/


Have fun.
Last edited by MixerX on Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Master
Rayman Origins
Posts: 49253
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am
Location: Somewhere specific, I'd assume.
Tings: 395575

Re: Who likes modding Rayman 2 & 3?

Postby Master » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:24 pm

You have many thanks from me, MixerX. I'm really grateful that you decided to share your tools with the community.
Image

GOT4N
Uglette
Posts: 3404
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:10 pm
Contact:
Tings: 26325

Re: Who likes modding Rayman 2 & 3?

Postby GOT4N » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:25 pm

Master wrote:You have many thanks from me, MixerX. I'm really grateful that you decided to share your tools with the community.

Happy too :D
Youtube channel: http://youtube.com/pokgot4n
WR: TAS of Rayman Advance, 1:16.19.97
Image
Image

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Posts: 23469
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Up a tree in North Hillys
Contact:
Tings: 3165

Re: Who likes modding Rayman 2 & 3?

Postby PluMGMK » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:27 pm

Thank you very much! :D
Fix.sna, I was wondering what that huge file was for.
ImageImage

GOT4N
Uglette
Posts: 3404
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:10 pm
Contact:
Tings: 26325

Re: Who likes modding Rayman 2 & 3?

Postby GOT4N » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:32 pm

PluMGMK wrote:Thank you very much! :D
Fix.sna, I was wondering what that huge file was for.

Just to know, it'll be hell to put it in Irish, as you need to manage space of text, like you have to test every time to see if it's fitting right.
Youtube channel: http://youtube.com/pokgot4n
WR: TAS of Rayman Advance, 1:16.19.97
Image
Image

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Posts: 23469
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Up a tree in North Hillys
Contact:
Tings: 3165

Re: Who likes modding Rayman 2 & 3?

Postby PluMGMK » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:34 pm

Ah, okay. :P I'll try to make what I write as snappy as possible though.
ImageImage

Harpic fraîcheur
Rayman Origins
Posts: 22640
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:57 pm
Location: Au pays des prouts
Tings: 397726

Re: Who likes modding Rayman 2 & 3?

Postby Harpic fraîcheur » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:14 pm

MixerX wrote:Hey,
I decided to release the text tool for everyone. It has a simple readme file with explanation how to use it. There are some limitations like it was said, but I couldn't figure out format of whole file. Rayman 2 text is located in 'Fix.sna' (Rayman 2\Data\World\Levels\Fix.sna).

Code: Select all

http://www.lokalizacie.sk/files/apps/RaymanTextTool.zip


Have fun.

Thanks,you'r application it's perfect ! :)
Image ImageImage


Return to “Modding and utilities”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests