Pluses (+) and minuses (−) of this day

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

PluMGMK
Ambre Écueil
Location: An tír ina labhraítear (beagán ar fad) an teanga ina bhfuil sé seo scríofa
Tings: 6075

Re: Pluses (+) and minuses (−) of this day

Post by PluMGMK »

Probably just as well, since I often end up reading "Sr" as "Sister". :fou:
The Jonster
Ly
Tings: 92055

Post by The Jonster »

- As of Friday, the library I usually go to has been closed. I am running out of places to shelter in away from my house.
Life happens. Just gotta roll with it!
Steo wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 pm
^ reminds me of mixing up directions and breaking the forum. :lol:
Aaron
Cool Rayman
Tings: 71368

Post by Aaron »

The Jonster wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:57 pm - As of Friday, the library I usually go to has been closed. I am running out of places to shelter in away from my house.
- A thing that makes even less sense however is that the landfill in the town I live closed down too due to coronavirus concerns. When my dad and I saw the sign that said this, we were baffled. I don't get it because a landfill is an open space outside where you could be on even the exact opposite side to someone. It truly makes no sense and I'm already sick of not getting a break from advertisements and everything else mentioning coronavirus over and over again.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 569889

Post by Hunchman801 »

- Business is bad, nothing in the pipeline. Working from home is cool but only if you actually have something to work on. :mefiant:
insert sig for RPC's 17th bday
PluMGMK
Ambre Écueil
Location: An tír ina labhraítear (beagán ar fad) an teanga ina bhfuil sé seo scríofa

Post by PluMGMK »

– Between the underpowered heating system in my home and the excessive handwashing, the backs of my hands are almost completely raw. I need to find some sort of cream to put on them…
TheAlexinator
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by TheAlexinator »

+ Luckily I bought water conditioner for my fish before the restrictions were tightened.
TheAlexinator
Électoon

Post by TheAlexinator »

- Going to have to give away my fancy goldfish
Fifo
Grand Mini
Tings: 740

Post by Fifo »

TheAlexinator wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:39 am - Going to have to give away my fancy goldfish
Oh no what’s wrong?
Signature made with love by R4Y_ANC3L
TheAlexinator
Électoon

Post by TheAlexinator »

Fifo wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:57 am
TheAlexinator wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:39 am - Going to have to give away my fancy goldfish
Oh no what’s wrong?
I found out they will grow this big:

The guy at the pet store said my tank could fit 6 or 7 fish which was a lie. I should've researched more.
Fifo
Grand Mini
Tings: 740

Post by Fifo »

– I’m sorry to hear about that. :(
+ On the other side, you have 69 posts, haha! :D
Attachments
69posts.png
69posts.png (15.04 KiB) Viewed 1573 times
Signature made with love by R4Y_ANC3L
TheAlexinator
Électoon

Post by TheAlexinator »

This is surreal
https://youtu.be/vFZZF39fgWM

- I really need to get a bigger hard drive
PluMGMK
Ambre Écueil

Post by PluMGMK »

+ Finally got to see Casablanca today.
– Missed the famous "Of all the…" line due to ill-advised channel hopping (not by me mind you :mefiant:) during an unexpectedly short adbreak.

+ Dug out my old Rayman M CDs and replayed it for the first time in years.
+ Nostalgic, but unlike the old days, I realized I could actually use the mouse, which made me much more efficient.
+ Coupled with WASD controls, it meant I finished all the Battle Mode in one day.
– The Race controls are different, which means that's still a whole other kettle of fish for me…

– Saw the last episode of my favourite soap today – the production's been on indefinite hiatus for a month due to the whole virus thing, and they've run out of episodes to show. There's irony for you: I give it up for Lent in 2019, eventually come back to watching it, and then it terminates at the end of Lent in 2020.
The Jonster
Ly
Tings: 92055

Post by The Jonster »

- I have to say kudos to those people who are able to give up something for Lent. Me, whenever I choose to give up something, I flake after awhile. :P
+ I spent the last week or so downloading videos from certain cartoons (mostly video game related) I've either watched or want to watch. I'll be finished downloading by tonight, so I'll be set for who knows how long I'm gonna be stuck in my house due to this pandemic.
Life happens. Just gotta roll with it!
Steo wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 pm
^ reminds me of mixing up directions and breaking the forum. :lol:
PluMGMK
Ambre Écueil

Post by PluMGMK »

The Jonster wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:23 am - I have to say kudos to those people who are able to give up something for Lent. Me, whenever I choose to give up something, I flake after awhile. :P
Thanks, although I didn't really give anything up this year. I did refrain from gaming despite being stuck in the house… It was a pretty funny one though. At the start of it I took my first ever trip to America, and by the end nobody was even allowed to leave the house! :fou2:

+ Replaying Half-Life 2 after I don't know how many years.
± Playing this version so I get a fresh crack at all the Achievements.
+ Managed to take a Rollermine all the way across the Highway 17 bridge and back, and use only it to take out all the soldiers I encountered on the way.
– There's no Achievement for that. :pascontent:
– Also somehow managed to screw up the Keep Off the Sand Achievement, even though I immediately reloaded from last save if any Antlions spawned… :mefiant:
TheAlexinator
Électoon

Post by TheAlexinator »

+/- I am going to have to go to the pet store to get food and water conditioner for my goldfish.

+ I will be upgrading my fish tank from a 54 litre to a 300 litre tank after all this settles down.
12RayChienne9
Pâquerette
Tings: 13017

Post by 12RayChienne9 »

+/- My pet dog Shika is now 6 months old
+ I created a FanFiction.Net account
- I can't publish a story/fanfic until 12 hours have passed in the mentioned automated fanfic archive site...
raymanHUN
Pizzicatta
Tings: 3436

Post by raymanHUN »

+ Deleted all the games I've had on my computer, except for World End Economica (but it's a visual novel, so I don't really count it as a game)
+ Got a 90% on one of my statistics-modelling weekly tests, after reading this weeks chapters
+ Got most of the questions done for a financial studies quiz, so I only need to answer a few more before the test
+ Managed to do a short round of back and core workout
- Gonna have a business German class tonight, which I don't really like

Overall I gotta say this day was a success, after a long time of achieving nothing. Deleting all the games was a decision I made because I realized that after the beginning of quarantine, I slowly started to play more and more, and I really don't want to go down that path ever again. This has already helped one time, so I guess it can work now as well. I already see how much more time I had today, so I think I'll be able to keep on doing it, as long as I focus on the positive stuff.
minimalism
Steo
Globox Origins
Tings: 226575

Post by Steo »

+ Playing GTA San Andreas again.
- It took a while to get the game running from the HDD on the Xbox.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
TheAlexinator
Électoon

Post by TheAlexinator »

+ Played Celeste