Your last dream

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Re: Your last dream

Post by The Jonster »

No I don't think that's the case here. I think it was bc the music video I was watching for "Woo Hoo" by the 5.6.7.8 featured action scenes of the "Bride" from Kill Bill being hunted/surrounded by assassins all trying to kill her (she still beat them all down anyways). I think what the dreams meant was that I wanted to watch Kill Bill at the time since I got curious seeing the scenes. Maybe this weekend I'll give it a watch.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Ah, that's much more positive!
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

I actually had this weird dream the other day. I was going to some lakes on a canal and seen my dad there fishing, so I decided to try fish too, got a few bites but missed them, and I remember it turning out the hook had no barb, being the reason they were getting away. Next of all, I just remember being in some weird dark old house with loose floorboards, and then realising the house was on top of the lake, where if I lifted a floorboard, the water was under the house. What's even more weird is that there was a section of the floor that was unfinished, and it was filled up with electrical outlets that weren't wired up to make it level with the rest of the floor.

It's almost as if the house was there to hide the fishing spot so nobody else could find it, and the electrical outlets are likely because my dad would use foreign objects, like how the tabletop from my old woodwork project was taken off and used under the tiles in his shed to level the floor.

Still though, a really weird dream as usual. Dreams are really messed up. :fou:
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

I had a strange dream on Sunday morning. I think I was in a convenience store, and for some reason I'd been staring into one of the fridges for ages, fearing for the integrity of… something that was being refrigerated. I knew I wasn't helping anyone by being there, but I was fixated – eventually, the English-sounding owner threw me out, and I felt like apologizing to him but couldn't even find the words.

The really interesting thing happened then. I looked up into the dark sky and saw a big white orb (which I took to be the sun, even though the sky was mostly dark) being "chased" rightwards by a half-moon, which was facing the wrong way (the round side to the left, even though the "sun" was to its right) and seemed to have most of its light concentrated at a point at the middle of its flat edge (which dream-me took to be consistent with a reflection of the "sun"). As this spectacle took place, the celestial bodies were surrounded by some kind of nebula that glowed a few different colours in response to the unfolding events. Come to think of it, it's a bit like the old Netscape throbbers, when played at a high frame-rate. Anyway, once the "sun" was hidden from my view behind some high-rise buildings, the moon came to a stop and just sat there in the sky like it normally does.

I began to walk down the street, pondering these events. I seem to recall saying the name "Sanchuniathon" to myself while walking, for no particular reason – I guess I just like the sound! I was eventually joined by two young boys that I seemed to know (I think I identified one of them as R4Y, which makes sense since it was straight after Record Day…) and I started explaining what I had seen. They kept interrupting me with stupid (or so I felt) questions though. By then, the sky was blue, which I realized was much more consistent with the sun being up! The last thing I remember is ascending some steps into a hotel (seemingly I was on a foreign trip God-knows-where) and continuing my vain attempt at explaining, with a third, older, boy asking me further stupid questions. Then I was woken up by my mother informing me it was 10:15. :fou:

I think earlier in the dream, or in a separate dream earlier on, I'd been listening to a cover of "Trick of the Light", which of course talks about seeing "the sign in the sky tonight". Originally, I misheard "sign" as "sun", so I guess that all feeds into it too! :P
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

So I dreamed last night that the liquid (not water) cooler om my CPU was leaking. I guess in the dream it was water, because it flooded the floor. I panicked and held down the power button to prevent damage, but before eight seconds passed I realized I was better off just pulling the plug.

I woke up to find the motherboard in the living-room computer (not the same one) was hosed. While trying to figure out why the machine had suddenly disappeared from the network, I had a very similar experience, only it wasn't a dream. :paranormal: Seriously, the motherboard is screwed, no longer responding correctly to the power button and so unbootable. And I'm unhappy about that. :(
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

I would've asked if it has one of those removable BIOS chips so it can be reflashed or replaced, but if it's not even reacting properly to the power button then it probably has nothing to do with the BIOS.

UPDATE: My modded original Xbox with the upgraded RAM and CPU was dead today when I tried to use it, no sign of life at all, even though it worked perfectly last time I used it. It's the Xbox with my Rayman 3 save on it.

Then I found out that my other Xbox had a Rayman 3 save with 761k, which is only 6k less than my current score. I started playing for a moment on part 2 of LOTLD just to see if I could still manage at scoring, and I heard the HDD die minutes after starting the game. :fou:

The HDD now refuses to spin up and there go my Rayman 3 scores, along with 2 of my Xboxs.

Why do bad things happen to good people like us. :ouin:

EDIT: When I squeezed the top of the Xbox, the HDD spun up again, so it's likely just loose cables. Still though, one of the Xboxs is dead while the other was malfunctioning.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Very strange sequence of events. :mefiant:

BTW, the saga continued today when I walked into Curry's trying to buy a motherboard/CPU bundle I saw on their website. As I had feared, they didn't have it. The guy explained that it's basically become uneconomical for retailers to stock CPUs and the like because the prices drop so quickly that when they buy stock, they're already selling it at a loss by the time they get it on the shelves. I guess that's why Maplin went out of business. :cry:
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

And... it continues.

I plugged in my Xbox One X today and it wouldn't power on. I moved the cord where it plugs into the console and heard sparking sounds. I tried another plug and got the same result, it only powers on if the cord is in at a certain angle, and clearly that's not safe.

Thankfully, the port itself is on a cable that leads from the power supply and mounts separately, so it should be nothing that a bit of soldering can't fix.

blackship
Électoon
Tings: 10

Post by blackship »

More light nightmare, I think what I saw was WWIII, I saw something like ballistic missiles flying in space, somehow I knew that it was ballistic missiles, they were all over the night sky.
New era of pirates in OP!
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Post by Elite Piranha »

Most of my dreams reveal too much about myself or are too fucked up/weird to describe in forums, however I remember that some time ago I had a dream that involved the announcement of several remastered versions of Rayman games, one of them was a combination of Rayman M with Rayman Kart, which included plenty of playable characters from all games and an online mode.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

I had a dream last night where I was crying my eyes out over what's happening to the Good Friday Agreement. Not sure to what extent it was based in reality.

Maybe it was actually about the rugby match this morning which I knew deep down would end in defeat to the All-Blacks, but then my mind self-censored for crying over something so trivial and introduced extra gravitas…
The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

For some reason I dreamed last night that I was driving home from work in some unknown location when I got lost and ended up driving to some building after looping back to the area it was at. I found out they were giving out pizza so I decided to get some before I went home, but just when I was about to eat one I suddenly woke up. :lol:

I guess the fact I haven’t had a slice of my favorite kind of pizza in awhile means something. :P
RulesOfKulche
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by RulesOfKulche »

I just dreamed that I was at some family diner place that contained an animatronic band... I don't really remember how most of the "members" looked, but the drummer looked exactly like Danny DeVito!! :P
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

I always hated those types of dreams where you're happy about something in them, but then you wake up and start thinking about it, and you realise you're not getting what you wanted because it was only a dream. Sometimes I think that's worse than a nightmare, since you're so disappointed that you're not getting what you expected. :P

The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

I often wish I would forget those kinds of dreams when I have them.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

I had a weird dream last night that I was outside walking without shoes, but I was wearing socks. As I was walking my foot started to hurt (yes it was one where I felt pain again), then when I reached for the bottom pf my foot, I felt something and pulled it out. When I took off my sock, a piece of glass from a brown bottle fell out of it, and that's the last thing I remember from the dream. When I woke up, I realised I had a cramp in my right foot, which is the one I hurt in the dream. :paranormal:

PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Catastrophizing the pain you were feeling? I wonder if that's symbolic of something...

Last night I had a dream involving Candish, who was a member here years ago. It also seemed to involve a wizard and a goblin, as if to say "don't take this dream too seriously, mate!" :fou: But then, the night before, I had a dream about dragons in Half-Life. Maybe my subconscious is regressing to supernatural clichés for some reason. :confus:
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

I'm not really sure, I've just come to the conclusion that dreams tend to be weird at times. I have had dreams in the past where someone would call me in the dream and it would turn out someone was trying to wake me. I even had this weird dream that I was in my Granny's when I was a kid, and there was suddenly a front door in a place where it shouldn't be (I think is was at the fireplace wall :fou:) as I heard knocking. The people in the house were even saying "I wonder who that is", then when I woke up, my dad was knocking at the front door. :confus:

Siddy
Poulet Zombie
Tings: 155

Post by Siddy »

Please don't make fun of me as I type this dream.
It was kinda weird: I photocopied a video and when I press the play button, it would play.
I'M A BIG BOY NOW MOMMA!!! :winkgrin:
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Why would we make fun of you for that? It's just a dream.
I guess it kinda reminds me of that meme where people are asking online why gifs wouldn't animate when printed, but again, it's just a dream.

Last night I dreamed I was discussing something technical with my colleagues (who were also on the 7am conference call IRL that I mentioned elsewhere). During the discussion, I giggled at something, and it came out in Tily's voice – I think I've had this rank a little too long now! :fou: