Moderator: English moderators

sonicbrawler182
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 11810

All-Purpose Super Smash Bros. Topic

Post by sonicbrawler182 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:48 pm

http://www.smashbros.com/
http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Smashpedia

The Sonic the Hedgehog topic has had quite a bit of discussion regarding the character's inclusion in the new Super Smash Bros. It seems that we have fans of the series on this site, so I thought it'd be neat to have a dedicated topic for the series.

Discuss anything you would like regarding this series, such as the upcoming game, past installments, speculation, wishlists, fighting techniques, memories regarding the series, and anything and everything Smash Bros, really!
Please check out my YouTube channel, specifically my Sonic Lost World "Talkthrough"!

"And that's how Mama became the most OP character in every game she appeared in!"

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Re: All-Purpose Super Smash Bros. Topic

Post by Master » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:14 pm

'Tis a wonderful series and I admit, one with a very interesting history, if past reading serves me correctly.

SegaNintendoUbisoft
Pizzicatta
Tings: 3390

Post by SegaNintendoUbisoft » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:02 pm

Fantastic series.
I know my name's long, just call me S.N.U. :)

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:04 pm

Well, now that we've established that we think it's a good series.
Y'know with the likes of Mario, Sonic and Mega up there, it'd be kinda cool to have Rayman face 'em off as well.

MrBadGuy
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by MrBadGuy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:05 pm

Still can't believe that's what they named the next two iterations.
Click the picture for a hi-res version of the opposite of the worst artwork your eyeballs haven't ever not seen

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:07 pm

I guess calling 'em Smash Bros. 3D and Smash Bros. U didn't take their fancy.
I don't really mind, a title is a title, the game is a game, and hopefully, a good 'un.

sonicbrawler182
Garatta Ciatik

Post by sonicbrawler182 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:09 pm

Master wrote:'Tis a wonderful series and I admit, one with a very interesting history, if past reading serves me correctly.

Yes, there is a ton of interesting trivia regarding the series' development. The Did You Know Gaming episodes on Smash Bros have a solid round-up of Smash trivia if you ever want to have a quick refresher!

Also, I agree about Rayman, but I find it unlikely he will make it in. He might of had a chance before, but Ubisoft aren't as close to Nintendo as they were upon the Wii U's launch.

In fact, here is my wishlist (Sonic and Mega Man were on this before their confirmations):

Quite Likely
Professor Layton

Somewhat Moderate Possibility
Chase McCain

Unlikely
Rayman
Please check out my YouTube channel, specifically my Sonic Lost World "Talkthrough"!

"And that's how Mama became the most OP character in every game she appeared in!"

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:11 pm

Yeah, I'm fully aware of the likelihoods, just a bit of wishful wanting, really, nothing I was expecting.

MrBadGuy
Antitoon

Post by MrBadGuy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:11 pm

Master wrote:I guess calling 'em Smash Bros. 3D and Smash Bros. U didn't take their fancy.
I don't really mind, a title is a title, the game is a game, and hopefully, a good 'un.

A title is a title, but Nintendo fucked themselves by calling the Wii U the Wii U.
So a title holds quite a lot of power.
Click the picture for a hi-res version of the opposite of the worst artwork your eyeballs haven't ever not seen

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:12 pm

Ugh, yeah, I have to admit, Ninty's naming of the Wii U and how they chose to advertise it was very unwise. I heard that the UK division of Ninty realised this significant mix up, and are trying to rectify it here.

SegaNintendoUbisoft
Pizzicatta

Post by SegaNintendoUbisoft » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:13 pm

I just call it Smash 4.

sonicbrawler182
Garatta Ciatik

Post by sonicbrawler182 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:15 pm

Regarding the game's title, I believe it was mentioned by Sakurai that it's only a working title. Can't remember where, though, so I could be wrong.

It would make sense though, since the game hasn't been in development very long so far.

MrBadGuy
Antitoon

Post by MrBadGuy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:15 pm

Sometimes I just don't understand Nintendo's marketing tactics at all. I think everyone in the world knew that "Wii U" was an awful choice of name.
Then again, I don't know if it was as bad as Sony's marketing for the Vita, which was practically non-existent.

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:15 pm

Which one? The 3DS or Wii U?

@Brawler, ah well, like I said earlier, not too fussed.

sonicbrawler182
Garatta Ciatik

Post by sonicbrawler182 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:24 pm

As much as I don't mind the title myself, it'd be brilliant if they named it something totally off the wall, like "Super Smash Bros: Violent Disagreement".
That'd never happen though! :P

Also, I was really happy to see the wrestling ring stage. I've always wanted a wrestling ring stage in Smash Bros.

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5007

Post by Adsolution » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:09 am

Wait, those are the names they actually gave for the games? They better be changing that soon.

I hope for the mechanics to be a mix between Melee and Brawl. Whereas I side with the common standpoint of Brawl feeling too floaty, Melee also feels too fast to me; it's like the game's gravity is set ridiculously high.

SegaNintendoUbisoft
Pizzicatta

Post by SegaNintendoUbisoft » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:16 am

Adsolution wrote:Wait, those are the names they actually gave for the games? They better be changing that soon.

I hope for the mechanics to be a mix between Melee and Brawl. Whereas I side with the common standpoint of Brawl feeling too floaty, Melee also feels too fast to me; it's like the game's gravity is set ridiculously high.

I think it's been confirmed that the game will be faster than Brawl, but slower than Melee.

sonicbrawler182
Garatta Ciatik

Post by sonicbrawler182 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:26 am

Yeah, Sakurai said that Brawl was made to widen the Smash Bros community, and bring in casual players. Because Brawl was successful in that regard, he feels he can up the pace of the game. So it's going to be a middle ground between Melee and Brawl.

Master
Rayman Origins

Post by Master » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:28 am

That seems like a very cunning and wise stance indeed, up the ante for the casuals, and refine for the veterans.

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:12 am

I think Melee's quick precise movement was perfect. It's exactly what the new Smash Bros needs, it truly took a lot of skill, unlike fighters like Brawl.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D