Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5007

Re: Off Topic

Post by Adsolution »

The Jonster wrote:
Oh god are you serious??! Not ANOTHER shooting. How many incidences of this has come up in America since Donald Trump took over(granted this is the first one to a company I think).
Trump has nothing to do with it.

Greeness
Oiseau Moqueur
Tings: 16900

Post by Greeness »

I don't live there, but from my point of view seems like it has more to do with the gun laws in the US, not to say that every citizen needs his gun to be taken from him, but perhaps stricter rules are necessary.
Rare Rayman images Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Feel free to share any rare media that's missing.

The Jonster
Magicien
Tings: 74830

Post by The Jonster »

Adsolution wrote:
The Jonster wrote:
Oh god are you serious??! Not ANOTHER shooting. How many incidences of this has come up in America since Donald Trump took over(granted this is the first one to a company I think).
Trump has nothing to do with it.
You're right I simply overreacted for a moment. Apologies. I don't really keep up with the news too often, and 6 years ago I had always thought that shootings were rare in the world. How very wrong I was whenever I turned on the TV. Hmph, I guess it still shows how naive I can be. I have no idea what on earth sparked the shooting or who did it, but I hope everyone is alright. The world is such a cruel place sometimes.
Life happens. Just gotta roll with it!
Steo wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 pm

^ reminds me of mixing up directions and breaking the forum. :lol:

Steo
Globox
Tings: 125685

Post by Steo »

The Jonster wrote:6 years ago I had always thought that shootings were rare in the world. How very wrong I was whenever I turned on the TV.
Where I'm from you don't need the TV, in fact you won't see or hear it on TV. This area went bad for shootings and robberies a couple years back. I don't know or want to know any of the people involved but I have a strong feeling it's something to do with "Drugs" and "Dealing".

They weren't just targeting innocent people though unless they were mixed up in something.
GLOBOX MOMENT!
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

Hm, I wonder why there's a serious lack of coverage on the youtube shooting compared to the other shootings in recent months. :roll:
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

Rulez
Robot
Tings: 2285

Post by Rulez »

Greeness wrote:I don't live there, but from my point of view seems like it has more to do with the gun laws in the US, not to say that every citizen needs his gun to be taken from him, but perhaps stricter rules are necessary.
Any specific reason you think the current rules aren't strict enough?

Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

I think what he means is we all hear stories that in the US, anyone can just walk in and buy a gun. Now that's probably not the case, but that's what we hear. It's extremely hard to get a gun over here for hunting and you need a gun licence etc.

EDIT: Maybe these people need to be at least tested for psychiatric evaluation before being sold a gun.
GLOBOX MOMENT!
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

Rulez
Robot

Post by Rulez »

Steo wrote:I think what he means is we all hear stories that in the US, anyone can just walk in and buy a gun. Now that's probably not the case, but that's what we hear. It's extremely hard to get a gun over here for hunting and you need a gun licence etc.
Why not do some research, then? You acknowledge that the media lies to people on subjects like these, so why do you suggest it's okay to be misguided?
Steo wrote:EDIT: Maybe these people need to be at least tested for psychiatric evaluation before being sold a gun.
Not sure how that would help. Sure, psychiatric evaluation can tell you if you're depressed or anxious, amongst other things, but it will not tell you what you will do when you own a gun.

Besides, if someone's shooting people, his gun probably wasn't acquired legally.

Greeness
Oiseau Moqueur
Tings: 16900

Post by Greeness »

I don't want to just spout some incorrect nonsense, however I will that with how these mass shootings seem to be so frequent, something needs to be done to mitigate the issue.
Rare Rayman images Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Feel free to share any rare media that's missing.

Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

Rulez wrote:Why not do some research, then? You acknowledge that the media lies to people on subjects like these, so why do you suggest it's okay to be misguided
I'm not saying I'm right though but that's what everyone is hearing, that in the US it's really easy to obtain a gun vs anywhere else. Just thinking that might be what he was referring to as it's "what we hear".
GLOBOX MOMENT!

Rulez
Robot

Post by Rulez »

Steo wrote:
Rulez wrote:Why not do some research, then? You acknowledge that the media lies to people on subjects like these, so why do you suggest it's okay to be misguided
I'm not saying I'm right though but that's what everyone is hearing, that in the US it's really easy to obtain a gun vs anywhere else. Just thinking that might be what he was referring to as it's "what we hear".
Fair enough, that's what I thought, too.
Greeness wrote:I don't want to just spout some incorrect nonsense, however I will that with how these mass shootings seem to be so frequent, something needs to be done to mitigate the issue.
True, yep, but see, the problem is - what would you suggest?

Fifo
Uglette
Tings: 26630

Post by Fifo »

Nice to see you around Rulez! How’s life going?

Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

OK so after researching and hearing a little bit I stand corrected. It's in fact not easy to obtain a firearm in the US. It's the people who shouldn't legally have the weapons causing the problem. Sorry about that misunderstanding ;)
GLOBOX MOMENT!

Rulez
Robot

Post by Rulez »

Steo wrote:OK so after researching and hearing a little bit I stand corrected. It's in fact not easy to obtain a firearm in the US. It's the people who shouldn't legally have the weapons causing the problem. Sorry about that misunderstanding ;)
It's okay, of course, no worries!
Fifo wrote:Nice to see you around Rulez! How’s life going?
Everything's pretty nice, working on my crappy album, writing some songs, except for the last two weeks, when I'd been sick and ruptured my ear drum - I'll be half-deaf for a few weeks now! It's only a mild annoyance, though, as it's nothing legitimately serious, just a huge pain in the ass. Or ear, rather. :oops2:

Fifo
Uglette

Post by Fifo »

Rulez wrote:
Fifo wrote:Nice to see you around Rulez! How’s life going?
Everything's pretty nice, working on my crappy album, writing some songs, except for the last two weeks, when I'd been sick and ruptured my ear drum - I'll be half-deaf for a few weeks now! It's only a mild annoyance, though, as it's nothing legitimately serious, just a huge pain in the ass. Or ear, rather. :oops2:
Hope you’ll feel well soon.

Have I told you I’ve been playing guitar since July of 2017?

Rulez
Robot

Post by Rulez »

Thanks! And oooh, very, very interesting, and how is it going for you?

Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

Fifo wrote:Have I told you I’ve been playing guitar since July of 2017?
I've actually been too lazy to bring down my acoustic one and have it looked at so I still have the high action problem and slightly off intonation. My Les Paul is fine though because that's easily adjustable, but I like the acoustic too.
GLOBOX MOMENT!

Keane
Globox
Tings: 145022

Post by Keane »

I, I know things about,gun.
Rulez wrote:True, yep, but see, the problem is - what would you suggest?
> The US needs to pass a universal background checking system first of all, it's basic regulation that looks into people's records for domestic violence, crime, addiction, mental health, etc, and then decides whether someone is fit to carry guns on a case-by-case basis. These types of systems also require people to renew their access every so often, so that if you pass it one time you can't then dirty your record and still keep your guns.

> Weapon registration that keeps a record of who owns what guns. That sounds a little invasive, but countries that have these systems use it exclusively to keep track of guns possessed by anyone who becomes worth re-evaluating after they commit a crime or something. If you just have the background check minus the registration then someone can very easily still be keeping their guns in secret.

> Any gun that can execute some form of rapid firing shouldn't be sold, I believe Canada only permits shotguns and certain types of hand guns.

> A gun licensing process that requires people to pass a safety course before being allowed to operate a gun. This isn't really related to shootings but it does help create a common understanding that guns are something to be careful around and not something you just borrow to your friend. You wouldn't let someone without a license drive your car even if licenses weren't required anymore.

> I'm not entirely sure if I agree with this but I think it's a fair suggestion to set an age for gun ownership: 16, 18, or 21.
Rulez wrote:Besides, if someone's shooting people, his gun probably wasn't acquired legally.
In the US they usually are.
Rayfist wrote:Hm, I wonder why there's a serious lack of coverage on the youtube shooting compared to the other shootings in recent months. :roll:
The media really doesn't give a shit if the shooter is a white male or a Muslim woman, they reserve their outrage for whatever generates the most attention. The YouTube shooter was only significant in that she shot at the YouTube headquarters, otherwise it's a fairly mundane story: no one died so you can't broadcast a candlelight ceremony, there was no speculation to be had about her intentions, and she shot herself so there's no chase or hearing to report on either.

A story like that happens literally every day, if she did it at a gas station instead of YouTube it probably wouldn't have been reported on national news at all.
Burgers float into my room...
[quote="Adsolution"]muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)[/quote]

Fifo
Uglette

Post by Fifo »

Rulez wrote:Thanks! And oooh, very, very interesting, and how is it going for you?
It’s going well despite the high action/string gauge – I’m playing a steel-string acoustic

Lysol
Rayman Origins
Tings: 1242990

Post by Lysol »

Frisco wrote:It’s going well despite the high action/string gauge – I’m playing a steel-string acoustic
Interesting! How good are you playing?