Off Topic

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

Keane
Globox
Posts: 15054
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:06 am
Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI0cUxXDLdk
Tings: 145022

Re: Off Topic

Post by Keane »

Avicii died.
Fifo wrote:It’s going well despite the high action/string gauge – I’m playing a steel-string acoustic
Congratulatorius, that makes me want to take up guitar practice again. Can you play any songs?
Burgers float into my room...
Image
[quote="Adsolution"]muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)[/quote]

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Posts: 12553
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:36 pm
Location: Right here, right now!
Tings: 176605

Re: Off Topic

Post by Rayfist »

Eh, I sort of spouted that BS as a one-off statement, my bad
Image
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

Steo
Globox
Posts: 26988
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: na Corcaí Buafacha
Tings: 125630

Re: Off Topic

Post by Steo »

I also said stuff when knowing nothing :P

I'll stick to what I know. Computers (repairs etc.), guitar and a bit about some games :mrgreen:

No rants from me about something I know nothing about.
GLOBOX MOMENT!
Image
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687

Greeness
Oiseau Moqueur
Posts: 951
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 9:39 pm
Contact:
Tings: 16900

Re: Off Topic

Post by Greeness »

Keane wrote:I, I know things about,gun.
Rulez wrote:True, yep, but see, the problem is - what would you suggest?
> The US needs to pass a universal background checking system first of all, it's basic regulation that looks into people's records for domestic violence, crime, addiction, mental health, etc, and then decides whether someone is fit to carry guns on a case-by-case basis. These types of systems also require people to renew their access every so often, so that if you pass it one time you can't then dirty your record and still keep your guns.

> Weapon registration that keeps a record of who owns what guns. That sounds a little invasive, but countries that have these systems use it exclusively to keep track of guns possessed by anyone who becomes worth re-evaluating after they commit a crime or something. If you just have the background check minus the registration then someone can very easily still be keeping their guns in secret.

> Any gun that can execute some form of rapid firing shouldn't be sold, I believe Canada only permits shotguns and certain types of hand guns.

> A gun licensing process that requires people to pass a safety course before being allowed to operate a gun. This isn't really related to shootings but it does help create a common understanding that guns are something to be careful around and not something you just borrow to your friend. You wouldn't let someone without a license drive your car even if licenses weren't required anymore.

> I'm not entirely sure if I agree with this but I think it's a fair suggestion to set an age for gun ownership: 16, 18, or 21.
I'd say that most of these suggestions check off my boxes, I'll add to the last suggestion and say that I think the US goverment should completely disallow having firearms within School territory, at least until the student is at the age of 17/18, since I believe kids' minds are not fully developed to have the ability to use guns without being supervised.
Fifo wrote:Have I told you I’ve been playing guitar since July of 2017?
Nice Fifo! I tried playing the Drums for nearly a year and didn't find myself enjoying the experience, hopefully you'll have a better luck though!

After finishing High School this year, I may also try to play the Piano.
Last edited by Greeness on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Rare Rayman images Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Feel free to share any rare media that's missing.

Steo
Globox
Posts: 26988
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: na Corcaí Buafacha
Tings: 125630

Re: Off Topic

Post by Steo »

I also heard that if a person has a DUI they're not allowed have a gun either. Is this true?
GLOBOX MOMENT!
Image
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687

Fifo
Uglette
Posts: 8760
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:08 pm
Location: rm –rf /*
Tings: 26625

Re: Off Topic

Post by Fifo »

Keane wrote:
Fifo wrote:It’s going well despite the high action/string gauge – I’m playing a steel-string acoustic
Congratulatorius, that makes me want to take up guitar practice again. Can you play any songs?
Yup, but I’ll be playing mostly basic stuff like Stumblin’ In by Smokie (that’s just Am, D, G, Em over and over) ‘til I get more learning done. I can also play some more complicated stuff like Roxette’s Run To You – if only I could finally play those F#m and Bm chords effortlessly.
Greeness wrote:
Fifo wrote:Have I told you I’ve been playing guitar since July of 2017?
Nice Fifo! I tried playing the Drums for nearly a year and didn't find myself enjoying the experience, hopefully you'll have a better luck though!

After finishing High School this year, I may also try to play the Piano.
Good luck with both!

The Jonster
Magicien
Posts: 27233
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:15 am
Location: En el más largo de los atajos
Tings: 74775

Re: Off Topic

Post by The Jonster »

Steo wrote:I also heard that if a person has a DUI they're not allowed have a gun either. Is this true?
I'm afraid I can't really answer that question accurately enough, but all I know is where I live it usually depends on the state, what kind of DUI, and how many DUIs one has. However if the DUI is a felony, your statement for the most part is true. I think I'll do some more research, then get back to you on that.
Fifo wrote:
Keane wrote:
Fifo wrote:It’s going well despite the high action/string gauge – I’m playing a steel-string acoustic
Congratulatorius, that makes me want to take up guitar practice again. Can you play any songs?
Yup, but I’ll be playing mostly basic stuff like Stumblin’ In by Smokie (that’s just Am, D, G, Em over and over) ‘til I get more learning done. I can also play some more complicated stuff like Roxette’s Run To You – if only I could finally play those F#m and Bm chords effortlessly.
Hmhm this reminds me of the time when I first tried playing a guitar. In fact it's been years and I can still only play a few basic things (i have to remember, p, i, m, a). Though I was a natural apparently, since I ended up being one of the best in my class, coupled with my already excellent sight-reading skills (years and years of being in piano and looking at treble and bass clefs, I don't remember the alto clef as well).
Fifo wrote:
Greeness wrote:
Fifo wrote:Have I told you I’ve been playing guitar since July of 2017?
Nice Fifo! I tried playing the Drums for nearly a year and didn't find myself enjoying the experience, hopefully you'll have a better luck though!

After finishing High School this year, I may also try to play the Piano.
Good luck with both!
Seeing you guys talk about different instruments and playing them makes me want to go back and start playing music again. I still have my piano and my guitar. Hmmm...Maybe I should make an ACTUAL effort to start trying to play the ukelele I got from Hawaii years ago. :wink:

Edit: Oh I forgot, it was good to see Rulez yesterday.
Last edited by The Jonster on Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Life happens. Just gotta roll with it!
Image
Steo wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 pm

^ reminds me of mixing up directions and breaking the forum. :lol:

Steo
Globox
Posts: 26988
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: na Corcaí Buafacha
Tings: 125630

Re: Off Topic

Post by Steo »

I want to learn every musical instrument properly that I have :lol:

I like the guitar and keyboard the most. I have played keyboard on and off since like age 5 but I took up guitar at age 18. I practiced hard for years but picked it up quickly enough. Sometimes the simple things on a guitar are what you enjoy the most, like Am, Dm, G which is Opus :P
GLOBOX MOMENT!
Image
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687

Rulez
Robot
Posts: 14839
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:38 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:
Tings: 2285

Re: Off Topic

Post by Rulez »

Keane wrote:> The US needs to pass a universal background checking system first of all, it's basic regulation that looks into people's records for domestic violence, crime, addiction, mental health, etc, and then decides whether someone is fit to carry guns on a case-by-case basis. These types of systems also require people to renew their access every so often, so that if you pass it one time you can't then dirty your record and still keep your guns.
Don't they already run a background check on you when you want to buy a gun?
Keane wrote:> Weapon registration that keeps a record of who owns what guns. That sounds a little invasive, but countries that have these systems use it exclusively to keep track of guns possessed by anyone who becomes worth re-evaluating after they commit a crime or something. If you just have the background check minus the registration then someone can very easily still be keeping their guns in secret.
Don't a few states have it like that? I'm not entirely sure, but yeah, if that's the case, then more probably should.
Keane wrote:> Any gun that can execute some form of rapid firing shouldn't be sold, I believe Canada only permits shotguns and certain types of hand guns.
I know jack shit about that, ha! I'd have to do some reading about that, but I think yeah, rapid firing doesn't seem necessary at all.
Keane wrote:> A gun licensing process that requires people to pass a safety course before being allowed to operate a gun. This isn't really related to shootings but it does help create a common understanding that guns are something to be careful around and not something you just borrow to your friend. You wouldn't let someone without a license drive your car even if licenses weren't required anymore.
Isn't that the norm?
Greeness wrote:
Keane wrote:> I'm not entirely sure if I agree with this but I think it's a fair suggestion to set an age for gun ownership: 16, 18, or 21.
I'd say that most of these suggestions check off my boxes, I'll add to the last suggestion and say that I think the US goverment should completely disallow having firearms within School territory, at least until the student is at the age of 17/18, since I believe kids' minds are not fully developed to have the ability to use guns without being supervised.
So nothing should change?

Fifo
Uglette
Posts: 8760
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:08 pm
Location: rm –rf /*
Tings: 26625

Re: Off Topic

Post by Fifo »

Steo wrote:[…] like Am, Dm, G which is Opus :P
Damn you, now the song is in my head!

Greeness
Oiseau Moqueur
Posts: 951
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 9:39 pm
Contact:
Tings: 16900

Re: Off Topic

Post by Greeness »

Rulez wrote:So nothing should change?
What? No. I just said that I agree with most of what Keane had already suggested, and don't have much else to add.
Rare Rayman images Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Feel free to share any rare media that's missing.

Steo
Globox
Posts: 26988
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: na Corcaí Buafacha
Tings: 125630

Re: Off Topic

Post by Steo »

Fifo wrote:Damn you, now the song is in my head!
Oops lol. Well at least it's a really good song in your head :P
GLOBOX MOMENT!
Image
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687

Rulez
Robot
Posts: 14839
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:38 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:
Tings: 2285

Re: Off Topic

Post by Rulez »

Greeness wrote:
Rulez wrote:So nothing should change?
What? No. I just said that I agree with most of what Keane had already suggested, and don't have much else to add.
Well, what I got from your response was that you think kids shouldn't be allowed to have firearms at school until they're 18, because their minds are not fully developed yet, and I don't see how that's any different from the way it actually is.

Fifo
Uglette
Posts: 8760
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:08 pm
Location: rm –rf /*
Tings: 26625

Re: Off Topic

Post by Fifo »

Steo wrote:
Fifo wrote:Damn you, now the song is in my head!
Oops lol. Well at least it's a really good song in your head :P
Haha indeed.

Greeness
Oiseau Moqueur
Posts: 951
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 9:39 pm
Contact:
Tings: 16900

Re: Off Topic

Post by Greeness »

Rulez wrote:Well, what I got from your response was that you think kids shouldn't be allowed to have firearms at school until they're 18, because their minds are not fully developed yet, and I don't see how that's any different from the way it actually is.
What I meant is that I think they shouldn't be allowed to bring firearms to School at all, since just the fact that students have access there to guns could lead to unnessecry conflicts, and if that's impossible then at least until they're 18, but fair enough, I stand corrected.
Rare Rayman images Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Feel free to share any rare media that's missing.

Harpic fraîcheur
Fauché
Posts: 26121
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:57 pm
Tings: -5

Re: Off Topic

Post by Harpic fraîcheur »

Keane wrote:Avicii died.
Too bad, I thought you wrote "Adsolution" firstly. :(
Une nouvelle vague de fraîcheur, Harpic fraîcheur verte ! 8)
ImageImage
boomboleros7 wrote:Harpic est imbattable. Harpic est légendaire. Harpic est divin.
Sanhedrin wrote:“Il est autorisé d’avoir des rapports sexuels avec une fille de trois ans et un jour »

Keane
Globox
Posts: 15054
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:06 am
Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI0cUxXDLdk
Tings: 145022

Re: Off Topic

Post by Keane »

Rulez wrote:Don't they already run a background check on you when you want to buy a gun?
They do but it's extremely limited, I believe all they do is check your criminal record.
Rulez wrote:Don't a few states have it like that? I'm not entirely sure, but yeah, if that's the case, then more probably should.
A couple yeah, but it's kinda pointless when you can just hop over to another state and evade it.
Rulez wrote:Isn't that the norm?
Not in the US ! :nono:
Burgers float into my room...
Image
[quote="Adsolution"]muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)[/quote]

Rulez
Robot
Posts: 14839
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:38 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:
Tings: 2285

Re: Off Topic

Post by Rulez »

Greeness wrote:
Rulez wrote:Well, what I got from your response was that you think kids shouldn't be allowed to have firearms at school until they're 18, because their minds are not fully developed yet, and I don't see how that's any different from the way it actually is.
What I meant is that I think they shouldn't be allowed to bring firearms to School at all, since just the fact that students have access there to guns could lead to unnessecry conflicts, and if that's impossible then at least until they're 18, but fair enough, I stand corrected.
I think the same! I was just pointing out what didn't really make sense.

@Keane: ha, sucks then! There's definitely some changing and organising to be done. I'm obviously not an expert on USA gun laws, I just wanted to point out a few things people get really, really wrong. Speaking of which - fuck David Hogg! :mrgreen:

Steo
Globox
Posts: 26988
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: na Corcaí Buafacha
Tings: 125630

Re: Off Topic

Post by Steo »

Oh yeah I was listening to bullcrap tbh, but it's not even close to easy to obtain a firearm unless they're obtaining and possessing them illegally.

I've seen all those tests they have to go through after researching a little. Suppose there's only so much they can do to try stop it in reality.
GLOBOX MOMENT!
Image
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687

The Jonster
Magicien
Posts: 27233
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:15 am
Location: En el más largo de los atajos
Tings: 74775

Re: Off Topic

Post by The Jonster »

Steo wrote:I want to learn every musical instrument properly that I have :lol:

I like the guitar and keyboard the most. I have played keyboard on and off since like age 5 but I took up guitar at age 18. I practiced hard for years but picked it up quickly enough. Sometimes the simple things on a guitar are what you enjoy the most, like Am, Dm, G which is Opus :P
Same, I've been playing the keyboard for years, and I since have transitioned to a piano. I took up the viola at 12, but since I can read both treble and bass clefs, I can also play a violin (and I indeed have so I'm not saying BS). I've tried playing a cello, but my sister always criticizes my playing since I probably don't hold it correctly (I was an orchestra person back then). Even though I don't have one any more I can still pick up a violin/viola and play well. I started picking up the guitar when I was 22, but like all the other instruments I've played aside from the cello I picked that up quickly too (p, i, m, a.....). I need to start practicing for real again though.
Life happens. Just gotta roll with it!
Image
Steo wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 pm

^ reminds me of mixing up directions and breaking the forum. :lol:

Post Reply