Off Topic

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

DesLife
Dora l'exploratrice
Tings: 186263

Re: Off Topic

Post by DesLife » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:19 pm

PluMGMK wrote: I'm also mildly curious as to what might have happened if I actually was gay!
I'd ban you right away, you disgusting perverted freak.

incognito
Ratcognito
Tings: 15073

Post by incognito » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:34 pm

DesLife wrote:
PluMGMK wrote: I'm also mildly curious as to what might have happened if I actually was gay!
Hunchman801 wrote:I often do gay sex with Alex.
:mrgreen:

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Location: Tír an "Tuisil Ghinidigh" agus an "Mhodha Choinníollaigh"
Tings: 3825

Post by PluMGMK » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:11 pm

DesLife wrote:
Speaking of admin actions to my account:
My special rank should expire today, by the way. I know this sounds strange, but I'd like to have it removed as soon as possible please, since I'll be absent for ten days starting on Saturday and would hate for it to disappear when I'm not available to update my signature. :fou2:

El Dango
Clark
Tings: 105675

Post by El Dango » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:42 pm

Do NOT forget to vote and participate in the SOTM and Manipulate the Image competitions!
(If you don't wanna, however, that's perfectly okay (I'm hardly a role model))

Shrooblord
Froutch
Tings: 64530

Post by Shrooblord » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:53 pm

Oh dear lord, thank you for the share. I've just watched the first one and I'm already in tears!
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~!
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.

Dart
Aglagl
Tings: 49815

Post by Dart » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:44 pm

Those were great :D

technology4617
Antitoon
Tings: 10

Post by technology4617 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:15 pm

Hunchman801 wrote:I often do gay sex with Alex.
y no me :(
emshomar wrote:< just managed it to clog the toilet ._.
< made a great buisness (wow in english that sounds even better :D )

DandyGuy
Ptizêtre Femme
Tings: 1772

Post by DandyGuy » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:37 am

Why is it Malaysia is having bad luck with there air lines?
RIP all 295 passengers.

Snagglebee
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 2675

Post by Snagglebee » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:04 pm

Yes my Facebook feed was spammed about it yesterday. It's very horrible to see :(

There's a report agency that states that russion authority shot the B777 down, but to be honest I don't believe that! Ok the russians shot another plane down many many years ago, but the soviets were there. I really don't see a reason to shoot a plane down just if they enter a certain airspace.

DandyGuy
Ptizêtre Femme

Post by DandyGuy » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:27 am

emshomar wrote:Yes my Facebook feed was spammed about it yesterday. It's very horrible to see :(

There's a report agency that states that russion authority shot the B777 down, but to be honest I don't believe that! Ok the russians shot another plane down many many years ago, but the soviets were there. I really don't see a reason to shoot a plane down just if they enter a certain airspace.
I think they said it was a spy plane disguised as a passenger plane.

Rulez
Robot
Tings: 2285

Post by Rulez » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:14 pm

emshomar wrote:Ok the russians shot another plane down many many years ago, but the soviets were there.
Huh. Out of curiosity, do you mean the "assassination" of our president and a shitton of other politics on the 10th of April 2010?

Snagglebee
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 2675

Post by Snagglebee » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:21 pm

Rulez wrote:
emshomar wrote:Ok the russians shot another plane down many many years ago, but the soviets were there.
Huh. Out of curiosity, do you mean the "assassination" of our president and a shitton of other politics on the 10th of April 2010?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Air ... Flight_007

Rulez
Robot
Tings: 2285

Post by Rulez » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:50 pm

emshomar wrote:
Rulez wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Air ... Flight_007
Oh.

saerleiya
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5782

Post by saerleiya » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:55 pm

I didn't know where to leave this actually, as I don't remember there is a League of Legends thread on RPC. Maybe I created it right when I arrived here...
RIot Games released a new video with CG graphics and stuff today. Even if you don't know the game, this one is very good, and embodies the meaning of the game way better than the previous one, waht is usually 5on5 brawls with your teammates against the opponent.

Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:RayFag'
Aahh, you're exposing my Rule34 account.

DandyGuy
Ptizêtre Femme

Post by DandyGuy » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:49 pm

I don't remember seeing one posted here in off topic or any Stagey game thread for that matter. (I could be wrong.) I never really been a fan of them but the trailer does look nice.

Anyways I have a question to all of you (people who don't live and are not from America.) What, if any is your opinion on America and its Foreign Police's. I was told Most countries tend not to like America for many reasons and that lots of people in Europe are very political and tend to look more favorably on people from Canada than America. I don't mean for this to get "very" political (ironic since that's what im asking for) but I am interested to here your opinion since most of you I assume don't live or are not from America might have an opinion on it. (I suppose the regions I am directly speaking to would be the United kingdom, France, Germany, Canada, and Portugal.) (I also apologize for any spelling mistakes its been a 1 day since I visited Dreamland and I am very tired.)

Shrooblord
Froutch
Tings: 64530

Post by Shrooblord » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:03 pm

Awesome share, saer - I would have missed that. Still rooting for the moment when they choose to include Veigar in a CGI animation. ~ Veigaarrrr <3
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~!
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5007

Post by Adsolution » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:13 pm

DandyGuy wrote:Anyways I have a question to all of you (people who don't live and are not from America.) What, if any is your opinion on America and its Foreign Police's. I was told Most countries tend not to like America for many reasons and that lots of people in Europe are very political and tend to look more favorably on people from Canada than America. I don't mean for this to get "very" political (ironic since that's what im asking for) but I am interested to here your opinion since most of you I assume don't live or are not from America might have an opinion on it. (I suppose the regions I am directly speaking to would be the United kingdom, France, Germany, Canada, and Portugal.) (I also apologize for any spelling mistakes its been a 1 day since I visited Dreamland and I am very tired.)
In most cases, Europeans looking less favourably upon people from America happens for the exact reason you think it would: People typically view America as being loud, obnoxious, controlling, ignorant, and egotistical. Why is that? They're constantly interfering with other countries and making stupid decisions, wasting resources (unlike most other first-world countries, recycling is almost nonexistent - they're also 15 trillion dollars in debt, allowing their country to grind itself into the ground), they have this want to control everything going on in the world (SOPA, Net Neutrality, highly unsophisticated and discriminatory drug laws compared to many European countries, etc), are completely afraid of change (one of the only first-world countries that have refused to switch over to the Metric system), misleading and exploiting their citizens. This reflects onto its citizens who have been born and raised there directly: Schools rarely teach anything not solely related to America causing Americans to generally be more culturally ignorant than other populations, their almost complete lack of recycling means that everything is thrown in the garbage - they'll just toss paper in the trash in other countries too as they don't know any better (this is an example, it relates to other areas of conservation as well; wastefulness/carelessness), and since they only know the Imperial system, that automatically creates a brick wall when trying to communicate any kind of measurement (as opposed to other countries which use Metric, but generally give you a good gist of how Imperial works). It all relates to them being a global superpower - they don't feel the need to educate their citizens about anything outside of America, because America is the centre. Whereas most other first-world countries still have to educate their citizens about America, because America is the superpower.

Of course, this is all archetypical, spread out around the country, it's a 'vibe'. These are simply a list of reasons anyone could put together as to why Europeans might roll their eyes at an American - they expect to have to put up with someone who's likely to be at least one of the following: More wasteful, Less culturally educated, spoiled, and so on. Can these things be true of someone from another country as well? Certainly, but people know where to expect it from most.

I know you were asking for something more directly political, but when it comes down to the individual, it isn't very 'technical', since individuals don't affect the way their politics function. All of that reflects their foreign anyway: It's intrusive, outdated, messy, false and exploitative.

technology4617
Antitoon
Tings: 10

Post by technology4617 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:09 am

However, at this point in time, only about 50% of the things you mentioned are actually still the case. For example, recycling and composting is quite common here, contrary to what you said, most reasonably large establishments, save some restaurants, have a compost and recycle bin open to the public and they're generally just as full as the trash bin in most cases. It's also a requirement to have a recycle and compost bin in your home as far as I know. World history has always been emphasized just as much, if not more than, American history in all the schools I've been in as well.

The main thing in your post I agreed with is America taking longer to adapt, per se, than other nations, case in point the metric system, but otherwise I don't consider it to be very different from other Western nations, all of which are slightly different from one another, each having their own positives and negatives, and I don't think cultural stereotypes are the best way to judge a country, particularly when you ignore the aforementioned positives.
emshomar wrote:< just managed it to clog the toilet ._.
< made a great buisness (wow in english that sounds even better :D )

Adsolution
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5007

Post by Adsolution » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:58 am

I was speaking from the perspective of others, in case that wasn't clear, as in, what they expect and why the bias exists. As expected though, like you said, 50% of those things still ring very true, which is unfortunately a lot.

Recycling also isn't mandatory in all states. I've been to many places where the garbage-to-recycling bin ratio is probably around 50:1, and that '1' who put them up are the people who actually care enough to do so.

Earth Gwee
Rayman 3
Tings: 214170

Post by Earth Gwee » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:15 am

I honestly don't blame anyone outside of America for looking at it the way they do. That's the vibe a lot of our politicians give off because more often than not the only thing they're interested in is keeping their positions in office and taking advantage of the citizens, not upholding the constitution as they were supposed to when sworn into office, and act like a bunch of children when they don't get their way. The politicians who actually want to do good and improve the people's lives are either too few and far between or their voices are being stifled by greedy, bigoted morons. I know it's more complex than that, but that's seriously how I view our politics here.