Movies you just recently watched

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Re: Movies you just recently watched

Post by PluMGMK »

Maybe humanity just isn't ready for such innovative and disruptive storytelling :fou:
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

I guess there's a lot I'm not ready for. :paranormal:
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

So I just watched the Da Vinci Code for the laugh. I'll admit it's highly entertaining, but I can't help feeling that Dan Brown should've been sued by someone for it. :mrgreen:

EDIT: Apparently he was, but not for the reasons I was thinking of :fou: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Da_Vi ... e#Lawsuits
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Well, I've never watched it, though entertaining is exactly what I would expect it to be!

Over the week-end I watched both Hereditary (2018) and The Visit (2015) with a friend, only to find out that I had already watched them both. Well, I guess it's no big deal since I couldn't remember the plot in either case. :paranormal:
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Watched La La Land last night. I didn't really get what all the fuss was about… (I know it didn't "actually" win Best Picture, but for a few minutes it apparently seemed plausible that it had…)
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

It's actually the first time I'm hearing about this movie, I must be living under a rock. :paranormal:
Ambidextroid
Mini Jano
Tings: 675

Post by Ambidextroid »

Has anyone seen The Platform? It's a very cool low-budget film about a platform of food that descends through a prison and everyone has a few minutes to take as much as they can, leaving little to no food for the lower inmates. It sounds very cheesy but actually has some seriously good characters and interesting plot points. It starts off as a sort of psychological thriller and a metaphor for capitalism and slowly becomes more mystical, and it has one of those endings which I think some people will enjoy and some will think is a little nonsensical. Definite recommend from me though, if you have a Netflix account.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I watched it a while ago and it was pretty entertaining, though I remember that the ending left me hungering for more. Not bad, though!
DavidSosa
Ptizêtre Ninja
Tings: 3455

Post by DavidSosa »

i have recently watched The SpongeBob Squarepants Movie again, really funny movie.
and the jokes of the movie are very funny even today, i can´t believe that this movie is from 2004...
And the Space Jam movie is also one of my favorite movies, not only becuase for the SUPER amazing songs like Get Ready for This (2 Unlimited), not only because it uses the song Misirlou than also sounds in Rayman Raving Rabbids, not only because the 3D/Live action moments are so badass nowdays than just scares me out of the hell, it just beautiful.
i hate myself
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I remember watching the SpongeBob movie a while ago and finding it surprisingly okay! Not that I remember much of it now…
paulnewman2001
Otto Psi
Tings: 6360

Post by paulnewman2001 »

Watched "The Talented Mr. Ripley" yesterday, nice movie,
good performances, although it bugs me how the main character (Tom Ripley) got away with all of his crimes in the end, though maybe he meets his justice later off-screen, who knows?
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

It was pretty good, I especially liked how it illustrates the complexity of keeping up with one's lies.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

The Simpsons movie doesn't hold up as well as I remember. Spider-Pig is still a good tune though.

I've watched a million movies recently, but the one sticking with me the most is Poseidon, the 06 remake of the 70's Poseidon Adventure, about a ship being overturned by a rogue wave and a family trying to escape through the ship's bowls. No idea why it has a 33% on Rotten Tomatoes, it's like a fever dream of Half-Life esque puzzles and claustrophobic situations. Great survival horror IMO.

That leads me onto some shortened further rant about RT in general- the ratings are totally elitist. Almost every pretty-dang-enjoyable B-movie on there gets insanely low ratings, and most of the time I honestly have zero idea where the critics are coming from even after reading their reviews.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

It's been a while since I watched the Simpsons Movie, but the most appealing aspect of it for me now would probably be nostalgia for 2007 :fou:
I can't say I pay much attention to Rotten Tomatoes, but I do seem to recall questioning some low scores for some movies on it all right.
Also hi :P

I watched "Jack Reacher: Never Go Back" last night, having read the book six years ago. It was entertaining, but the whole time I was like, since when does Samantha live in Washington, since when does he take her with him on his adventure, and so on… :tssk:
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Post by Elite Piranha »

Even though I'm a big fan of Classic Simpsons, for some reason I didn't like the movie that much (except for the Green Day version of the main theme).
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

How does one define Classic Simpsons? I'd nearly have thought that era was already over by the time of the Movie...
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Adsolution wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:37 am That leads me onto some shortened further rant about RT in general- the ratings are totally elitist. Almost every pretty-dang-enjoyable B-movie on there gets insanely low ratings, and most of the time I honestly have zero idea where the critics are coming from even after reading their reviews.
It happens often that I watch a decent or half-decent movie only to find it has abysmal ratings, but I think it happens even more that I throw up in my mouth in front of an inconceivably terrible film and then realize it was actually well received by the critics.

Like, The Babadook is rated 98% on Rotten Tomatoes. When I first watched it, I thought to myself that I had just discovered one of the worst movies in the history of film, and yet, when I watched it again a few months ago in a desperate attempt to give it a second chance, it managed the feat of being even worse than in my memories! There's virtually nothing to keep in this nonsensical, pathetic attempt at a movie that hopes to scare you with a worm-eating monster made of paper (yes, you read that right) yet will only succeed in boring you to death.

Each of the titular character's appearances would have been hilarious if it weren't for the fact that someone probably put their heart and soul into animating that shit, but the picture wouldn't be complete without the final confrontation, where they must have run out of ideas so bad they decided the monster would be defeated by screaming at it.

Yeah, I think I liked Birdemic better.
Elite Piranha
Aline Louïa
Tings: 122710

Post by Elite Piranha »

PluMGMK wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:18 am How does one define Classic Simpsons? I'd nearly have thought that era was already over by the time of the Movie...
Yes, it's true, I guess by the time the movie was released, the "Zombie Simpsons" era had already started. I don't know if there is a consensus regarding when Classic Simpsons ended, however (from what I have red) it seems that it was between seasons 8 to 14 (1996 - 2003).
paulnewman2001
Otto Psi
Tings: 6360

Post by paulnewman2001 »

Watched "Dune" last Sunday, great acting, soundtrack and cinematography, kinda slow-paced and a little confusing at times though it should be expected from Denis Villeneuve's movie, overall I'd give it 8,5/10, I had little to no knowledge about the series before coming to the cinema, what I knew is the fact that it inspired later Sci-Fi franchises such as Star Trek and Wars.
Last edited by paulnewman2001 on Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I enjoyed it too, some of the dream/vision scenes were a bit boring but overall it was pretty good. It's nice how they made it really easy to understand for people with no knowledge of the series at all.