Eurovision OMFG

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Tings: 3135

Re: Eurovision OMFG

Post by PluMGMK »

I wonder if there is any possible way to depoliticise this so-called "Song Contest".

OCG
Roméo Patti
Tings: 9820

Post by OCG »

Everybody I saw in real life complained to me about winner and insulted that bearded woman.
I could not care less. She was not my favourite but I don't have reason to insult anyone.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Keane
Globox
Tings: 145022

Post by Keane »

I'm pretty glad that Austria won, it was one of my preferred acts of this year, would've liked seeing our little speck country win though.
OldClassicGamer wrote:Everybody I saw in real life complained to me about winner and insulted that bearded woman.
I could not care less. She was not my favourite but I don't have reason to insult anyone.
A lot of the hate is just pointless and there's not even much reason to care about it. "Why can't they just make up their mind??? Seeing an almost sexualised woman with a beard keeps from using my ability to be aroused by the slightest fucking thing!!! not normal!!!!"
Burgers float into my room...
[quote="Adsolution"]muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)[/quote]

Rulez
Robot
Tings: 2295

Post by Rulez »

Poland should have won

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyUCR-Sfenc
Eurovision will be live soon.

Go Russia!

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Imco
Clark
Tings: 123535

Post by Imco »

Go little train Easter house!
Event-Bot wrote:I'm here.
Thanks for creating me popa. :coeur:

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

Albania has many likes on comments online on FB from what I have seen. I would not be surprised if they win. While it is not my favourite, it is actually pretty good.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Keane
Globox

Post by Keane »

I thought the Dutch song could maybe pass the first round, but the performance was complete shit. I'm very much for the "it's about the music, not the image" mindset, but, c'mon, it's Eurovision, and the song was cookie cutter pop anyway.

Other than that, I thought the songs were actually fairly decent. Usually generic ballets eat up most of the performances, but there was a pretty decent balance between genres keeping it interesting.
[quote="Adsolution"]muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)[/quote]

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

Semi-Final 2 is live:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGVo3Bdm6Ag

Go Montenegro!

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Cairnie
Magicien
Tings: 78460

Post by Cairnie »

Actually gonna root for my own country for once, usually we get some ropey old has beens but this one's quite fresh and pretty upbeat.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff

Keane
Globox

Post by Keane »

I gotta say, several of the countries that automatically make it to the finals are doing some interesting songs.

Gotta say, second was really soaked in the overly cliche Eurovision ballets and throwaway pop. It's like every year a certain set of songs always seem to creep back in, and while they can definitely make it to the top 10, it generally seems to be songs that just don't follow the standard Eurovision recycling that make the winners, which is why I'm expecting Australia to do really well.

Also, anyone notice the Ed Sheeran rip-off from Israel's song?

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

Eurovision is over and I think this sentence can perfectly describe voting:
"We are all politicians, no matter who we love or what we believe in"

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Imco
Clark
Tings: 123535

Post by Imco »

OldClassicGamer wrote:Eurovision is over and I think this sentence can perfectly describe voting:
"We are all politicians, no matter who we love or what we believe in"
Pretty sure that's what Eurovision has been about for a very long time.
Event-Bot wrote:I'm here.
Thanks for creating me popa. :coeur:

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

You are fully right sadly but I always hope it will change one day. Looks like it didn't today.

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Keane
Globox

Post by Keane »

I mean, anyone who analyses mainstream music even just a bit can see what ideas generally appeal to mass audiences, and Sweden usually meets that criteria. While it may not necessarily be the most original song out there, it's a type of generic that tons of people of different age groups and personalities can get a kick out of. Spain & Greece were generic too, but it's not catchy either. And hey, Sweden's performance was actually pretty fantastic.

Overall, I'd say this was one of the more enjoyable years of Eurovision. Really surprised about England ending up so low on the list though, their performance was the only one that really matched Sweden's.

OCG
Roméo Patti

Post by OCG »

Sweden plagirized this song:

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Xenon
André
Tings: 94480

Post by Xenon »

Keane wrote: Really surprised about England ending up so low on the list though, their performance was the only one that really matched Sweden's.
It's more down to the fact that England doesn't have any friendlings in Europe from whom to garner votes.

saerleiya
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5782

Post by saerleiya »

England is usually one of the most consistent countries at eurovision.

I didnt watch it this year...did France do better than almost last? It has been years since we could have a decent performance...
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:RayFag'
Aahh, you're exposing my Rule34 account.

Serza5
Bad Rayman
Tings: 486315

Post by Serza5 »

Is anyone watching this years Eurovision? I currently have it on in the background while doing stuff
Words of Wisdom :
Master wrote:< can't compete with Serz, her power level is too great.
Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant:

CHRdutch
Bzzit
Tings: 23280

Post by CHRdutch »

I have it in the background too, while watching YTPs.
YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/user/CHRdutch
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness