The Awesome and Cool Poll Thread

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

How much of a procrastinator are you?

Poll runs till Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:02 pm

I never put anything off unless there's a very good reason.
No votes
I occasionally put things off.
No votes
I often get to doing things quite late.
80%
Almost everything is last-minute!
20%

Total votes: 5

Ambidextroid
Jano
Tings: 80170

Re: The Awesome and Cool Poll Thread

Postby Ambidextroid » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:13 am

Adsolution wrote:If it makes virtually no difference in the other person's life, then I don't think it matters, because it making virtually no difference, by definition, makes it unnecessary information. Does not telling someone despite it possibly making no difference indicate a worrying lack of trust? Possibly, but not unconditionally. It could just be something the person wants to forget, and your partner has no right to that information anymore than they do something as basic as your phone password in that context - but who knows, I'm sure some relationships out there demand for even basic levels of privacy to be dismantled.

Could the same not be said for an affair? Of course it's not exactly equivalent as being transgender isn't morally objectionable, but just because keeping a secret from your partner would have no effect on your relationship doesn't automatically mean it is unnecessary information

Adsolution
Pizzicatta
Tings: 3802

Postby Adsolution » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:30 am

It could apply to anything. I think there's a little too much guilt and shame associated with dishonesty a lot of the time, because while playing with it is playing with fire, at its core, it has always existed as a peacekeeper. Most of the time if I get mad at someone when a lie is involved, it isn't actually because they lied, it's because they've done something selfish that actively impedes others' lives to benefit their own; they merely used dishonesty as a tool to get there.
Last edited by Adsolution on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DJ Iron Monkey wrote:No one even realises how important the environment is. I mean, where would we be without it? Space? No thanks, I'm too scared of black holes to live there.
Frank Murphy wrote:What does a priest know about marriage? He's married to God. God's invisible, and he's happy as long as you show up once a week to eat his son.

PluMGMK
Estellia
Tings: 133080

Postby PluMGMK » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:51 pm

Keane wrote:"Obligated" is such a shitty word choice, did I come up with that? Fuck.
Indeed. I actually was going to change it, but the conversation sprang up so quickly that by the time I was putting the poll there I was afraid to mess with the wording.

Anyway, here's the results:
PollJul19.png

Next poll is inspired by the Photobucket débâcle, and will be up in a few moments.
Xenon wrote:Any user registered on Pirate Community who has made more than 100 posts is a cruel heartless scavenger!
LoveMetal wrote:God dammit why did this fucking guy has been named after a town? Whatever the stupid decision of his parents was, this piece of code is still not completly operationnal.

Adsolution
Pizzicatta

Postby Adsolution » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:32 pm

Looks like I won that conversation. The no-voters know that this is one of the few cases where SJWs actually have a superior mindset - not that they ever phrase their arguments in a remotely decent manner - one people should aspire to own should it become relevant in their own lives.
DJ Iron Monkey wrote:No one even realises how important the environment is. I mean, where would we be without it? Space? No thanks, I'm too scared of black holes to live there.
Frank Murphy wrote:What does a priest know about marriage? He's married to God. God's invisible, and he's happy as long as you show up once a week to eat his son.

Rayfist
Rayman 1
Tings: 174400

Postby Rayfist » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:23 am

Adsolution wrote:Looks like I won that conversation

I seriously thought you were over this winning mentality. Very disappointed to say the least, but I expect we'll talk more in depth about it like civilized human beings. (I joined this thread kind of late and don't want to steer it off topic)
Steam PSN Nintendo Network Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

Adsolution
Pizzicatta

Postby Adsolution » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:58 am

Keane
Globox
Tings: 143262

Postby Keane » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:42 am

Adsolution wrote:Looks like I won that conversation.

huhw, let's see
Adsolution wrote:If it makes virtually no difference in the other person's life, then I don't think it matters, because it making virtually no difference, by definition, makes it unnecessary information. Does not telling someone despite it possibly making no difference indicate a worrying lack of trust? Possibly, but not unconditionally. It could just be something the person wants to forget, and your partner has no right to that information anymore than they do something as basic as your phone password in that context - but who knows, I'm sure some relationships out there demand for even basic levels of privacy to be dismantled.

Yeah no, I can't think of anything reasonable to argue against that.
Adsolution wrote:one of the few cases where SJWs actually have a superior mindset

Issss it? I went and looked at some articles on the topic and I can't actually find anyone talking about the scenario we're discussing, the topic is usually more about whether anyone with a potentially unexpected pingas should disclose that, and I think in the group of people who aren't gay retards there's a general consensus on that topic.

I know about the vidyo AmazingAtheist did on it but I think I actually agreed with the Tumblr post he was talking about there. David Pakman did a good segment on it too, I even subscribed! Wow, what a roller coaster ride of events.
Rayfist wrote:I expect we'll talk more in depth about it like civilized human beings.

*, denny
Burgers float into my room...
---------------------------------------------(YouTube|Twitter)---------------------------------------------
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)

Pirez
Ly
Tings: 98045

Postby Pirez » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:13 am

Now let's see your eloquence in action against question that have a clear cut answer like "are jews evil?"

Ray502
Rayman 3 (Roquetpunch)
Tings: 94850

Postby Ray502 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:31 pm

Rayman: Razorbeard's Vengeance

Rayman 2: The Alternate Side (Demo Available Now!)

incognito wrote:Ray502, I'll give you a E10
For slightly suggestive humor and slightly crude language.

Hoodcom wrote:+ Ray502 is officially awesome. :D

Keane
Globox

Postby Keane » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:20 pm

:boon:
---------------------------------------------(YouTube|Twitter)---------------------------------------------
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)

Adsolution
Pizzicatta

Postby Adsolution » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:25 pm

Keane wrote:huhw, let's see
(good, the bait looked like it did draw manyresponse!!!, good)

Keane wrote:Issss it?
Well:
Adsolution wrote: not that they ever phrase their arguments in a remotely decent manner

And by that I mean that I think they share the same viewpoint, they're just so poor at transcribing their own thoughts that they end up spurting a hoard of other stupid crap instead.

Keane wrote:I went and looked at some articles on the topic and I can't actually find anyone talking about the scenario we're discussing, the topic is usually more about whether anyone with a potentially unexpected pingas should disclose that, and I think in the group of people who aren't gay retards there's a general consensus on that topic.
Ya, I mean that's a given, because it makes a very real difference. The topic we're on has become a lot more popular in recent months though.

Keane wrote:I know about the vidyo AmazingAtheist did on it but I think I actually agreed with the Tumblr post he was talking about there.
I kind of did as well. Though, I thought the article he was focusing on did fail to explain a couple things, and as a result, TJ (not being as educated on the topic) failed to come to those conclusions himself, making the whole thing kind of unfortunate.

Pirez wrote:Now let's see your eloquence in action against question that have a clear cut answer like "are jews evil?"
Yes.

PluMGMK
Estellia

Postby PluMGMK » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:00 pm

Meant to put a "will we break the record" poll up on Wednesday, but forgot as usual! :lol:
Xenon wrote:Any user registered on Pirate Community who has made more than 100 posts is a cruel heartless scavenger!
LoveMetal wrote:God dammit why did this fucking guy has been named after a town? Whatever the stupid decision of his parents was, this piece of code is still not completly operationnal.

CHRdutch
Chef Dragon
Tings: 19285

Postby CHRdutch » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:03 pm

Let's hope we don't forget to break the record
YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/user/CHRdutch
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...

Record Day 2015 madness

Ray502
Rayman 3 (Roquetpunch)
Tings: 94850

Postby Ray502 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:10 am

Gotta save this thread, got buried in the second page.

Rayman: Razorbeard's Vengeance

Rayman 2: The Alternate Side (Demo Available Now!)

incognito wrote:Ray502, I'll give you a E10
For slightly suggestive humor and slightly crude language.

Hoodcom wrote:+ Ray502 is officially awesome. :D

Adsolution
Pizzicatta

Postby Adsolution » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:38 am

current poll: I don't see why the idea of sponsored websites would crash and burn in the near future. Crowdfunding is increasing in popularity, and while it provides you with more freedom, there's no contract or guarantee you'll last through every consecutive week.

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 394730

Postby Master » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:57 pm

I wouldn't mind adverts in website if they weren't so intrusive, or run the risk of getting caught by a drive-by.

PluMGMK
Estellia

Postby PluMGMK » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:52 pm

I thought that people becoming more security-conscious might lead to more use of adblockers, thus making the business model much less sustainable. But then again, will people really become security-conscious? Anyway, I'd love to keep this discussion going, but unfortunately the poll's been over for almost a week!
Screenshot_20170801_194916.png

Next poll, which I'll put up in a moment, is inspired by the browsers poll we have over on the French side. During the Record Day I noticed I was the only one with a vote for Edge! (Seriously! I use it on my Windows VM.) I wonder how many people use it, or have used it, over here.

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 394730

Postby Master » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:25 pm

Barring the time I had a Win10 Insider VM, I've not used Edge at all.

Ambidextroid
Jano
Tings: 80170

Postby Ambidextroid » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:40 am

I've never been a fan of Microsoft's browsers, I admit probably mostly because of the old joke that IE is for old ladies but I've never been a fan of their layout. I used to use Firefox for this reason.
I don't like that chrome uses so much memory but I do very much like the browser and its connection with other Google products, so that's what I use now and have used mostly.

Keane
Globox

Postby Keane » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:34 am

I use Firefox because it's the recommended browser for privacy protection, but ironically (harharhar :lol: ) I like Chrome better on my phone specifically because they're luring at my search history and the homepage recommends news articles based on them. It's pretty fucking freaky how good it is at pinpointing exactly all the articles I want to read.

Return to “Off Topic”