The posts in a day record will take place from July 28, 10 PM to July 29, 10 PM (UTC+0).
During this day, you will earn thrice as many Tings as usual by posting, plus extra rewards up to 6000 Tings. We count on you to be here and post as much as you can in order to beat the previous 32252 posts record!
Time left before the record: 8 days 9 hours 16 minutes 16 seconds.

The Awesome and Cool Poll Thread

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

Should transgender people be obligated to inform their dates of this fact?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:39 pm

Yes.
67%
No.
33%

Total votes: 12

Ambidextroid
Jano
Tings: 87025

Re: The Awesome and Cool Poll Thread

Postby Ambidextroid » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:13 am

Adsolution wrote:If it makes virtually no difference in the other person's life, then I don't think it matters, because it making virtually no difference, by definition, makes it unnecessary information. Does not telling someone despite it possibly making no difference indicate a worrying lack of trust? Possibly, but not unconditionally. It could just be something the person wants to forget, and your partner has no right to that information anymore than they do something as basic as your phone password in that context - but who knows, I'm sure some relationships out there demand for even basic levels of privacy to be dismantled.

Could the same not be said for an affair? Of course it's not exactly equivalent as being transgender isn't morally objectionable, but just because keeping a secret from your partner would have no effect on your relationship doesn't automatically mean it is unnecessary information

Adsolution
Photographe
Tings: 7680

Re: The Awesome and Cool Poll Thread

Postby Adsolution » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:30 am

It could apply to anything. I think there's a little too much guilt and shame associated with dishonesty a lot of the time, because while playing with it is playing with fire, at its core, it has always existed as a peacekeeper. Most of the time if I get mad at someone when a lie is involved, it isn't actually because they lied, it's because they've done something selfish that actively impedes others' lives to benefit their own, and they used dishonesty as a tool to get there.
DJ Iron Monkey wrote:No one even realises how important the environment is. I mean, where would we be without it? Space? No thanks, I'm too scared of black holes to live there.
Frank Murphy wrote:What does a priest know about marriage? He's married to God. God's invisible, and he's happy as long as you show up once a week to eat his son.

Return to “Off Topic”