The Awesome and Cool Poll Thread

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

Do you dislike The Simpsons?

Poll runs till Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:57 pm

No, I love The Simpsons!
3
43%
Eh, it's all right.
4
57%
I don't know.
0
No votes
Yes, I can't stand it!
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 7

R4Y_ANC3L
Ambre Écueil
Posts: 1255
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:14 pm
Location: https://youtu.be/kFxbZqu6eMM, Matrix, Glade of Dreams, Tetorigawa and Okehazama
Tings: 6650

Re: The Awesome and Cool Poll Thread

Postby R4Y_ANC3L » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:03 am

PluMGMK wrote:In the spirit of not being a total ostrich about these lengthy delays, polls will run for a week now, not three days.

Sweet. That sounds good to me. :)


In my opinion, A Che Guevara postage stamp should be something to exist, In order to mark his legacy and it kinda sends a message that his fight will live on forever.
He is Duty-Bound.

Keane
Globox
Posts: 14968
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:06 am
Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI0cUxXDLdk
Tings: 143692

Re: The Awesome and Cool Poll Thread

Postby Keane » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:27 pm

New poll suggestions: should parents have their kids believe in santa?
Burgers float into my room...
Image
-------------------------------------------------(YouTube|Twitter)-------------------------------------------------
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)

R4Y_ANC3L
Ambre Écueil
Posts: 1255
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:14 pm
Location: https://youtu.be/kFxbZqu6eMM, Matrix, Glade of Dreams, Tetorigawa and Okehazama
Tings: 6650

Re: The Awesome and Cool Poll Thread

Postby R4Y_ANC3L » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:36 am

Wow. Early poll suggestions.
I will wait until PluMGMK confirms to open up the polls again.

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Posts: 23613
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Ireland
Contact:
Tings: 3135

Re: The Awesome and Cool Poll Thread

Postby PluMGMK » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:00 am

Early? Well, the poll was over, so the suggestion is more than welcome! Here we go…
Results of previous poll:
2017-10-20-104148_swaygrab.png

Adsolution wrote:I think it's great to celebrate all sorts of heroes from around the world, even the ones that go off the deep end at some point. Someone out there had the will to step forward and risk their life to change things for the good of millions, and it's ridiculous to me that there are people who will disregard all of their accomplishments because fighting tooth and nail, quite literally, for years can make you go mad. He reminded everyone that the people are the ones who own society.

To me, his stamp represents a legacy, and we need to appreciate that instead of censoring anything that doesn't completely agree with modern Western politics. I'm a bit tired of seeing countries exclusively advertise their own less-accomplished people anyway, especially in the British colonies where the Queen managed to get her face all over our money just because she was the daughter of the last Queen.
Essentially I agree with everything you say here. But I went with "publicity stunt" after figuring out that this thing had people lining up to buy stamps, which is obviously a welcome spike in revenue for the postal service in this day and age.
ImageImage

Adsolution
Sandra Misu
Posts: 21618
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:55 pm
Location: Толья́тти
Tings: 4562

Re: The Awesome and Cool Poll Thread

Postby Adsolution » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:31 pm

Ah, that makes sense. I don't know how getting stamps works anyway, since I don't think I've ever sent a letter outside of elementary school where we got assigned a pen pal for a couple months.


@topic:
It doesn't bother me that much, mainly because it's also tradition to learn the truth at some point. Santa is almost anti-religious in that way, lol - I'm imagining the parents of a religious family revealing it to their kid, and kid asking "so does that mean Godman isn't real either, for the same reason?" "Oh, no son, no!"

I don't think it's a very honest way to teach a lesson though, so No. Instilling the importance of critical thinking at a young age would allow the kid to debunk it on his or her own much earlier on.
Image
DJ Iron Monkey wrote:No one even realises how important the environment is. I mean, where would we be without it? Space? No thanks, I'm too scared of black holes to live there.
Frank Murphy wrote:What does a priest know about marriage? He's married to God. God's invisible, and he's happy as long as you show up once a week to eat his son.

R4Y_ANC3L
Ambre Écueil
Posts: 1255
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:14 pm
Location: https://youtu.be/kFxbZqu6eMM, Matrix, Glade of Dreams, Tetorigawa and Okehazama
Tings: 6650

Re: The Awesome and Cool Poll Thread

Postby R4Y_ANC3L » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:57 am

It is not much of a problem to me.
Later on, It is not really something to believe in anymore.

But I agree with Adsolution wholeheartedly.

Ray502
André
Posts: 10279
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 8:15 pm
Location: Somewhere
Contact:
Tings: 98080

Re: The Awesome and Cool Poll Thread

Postby Ray502 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:08 am

I don't have much of a problem with kids growing up believing in Santa. It's tradition, and I haven't heard of or known of any kids throwing a tantrum and/or feeling betrayed as if their parents straight up lied in their faces. I'm sure all they care about at the end of the day is getting the presents, no matter what the name of the giver is on them.

Myself included; I don't remember the moment I figured out he wasn't real, but I do remember that I was ok with it. I was just happy to get the cool presents.
Image

Rayman: Razorbeard's Vengeance

Rayman 2: The Alternate Side (Demo Available Now!)

incognito wrote:Ray502, I'll give you a E10
For slightly suggestive humor and slightly crude language.

Hoodcom wrote:+ Ray502 is officially awesome. :D

Keane
Globox
Posts: 14968
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:06 am
Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI0cUxXDLdk
Tings: 143692

Re: The Awesome and Cool Poll Thread

Postby Keane » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:47 am

I bhink it's important to distinguish how Santa is treated around the kids, I'm fine with parents doing it to make Christmas more exciting but I totally oppose the idea of "behave or Santa will put coal in your sock" because it's a reward-based morality that you shouldn't teach your kids. I think that can lead into that sort of thinking you see with fundamentalists where they start making up their own definition of being a good person and as long as they adhere to that well then they're totally the good guys.

I figure the best way to handle it would be to subtly encourage them at a certain age to start asking questions about it and slowly peel away at it for the truth, I think most people would argue it's a good lesson about lying and I agree but it's even more effective if they realise the lie themselves. For them to make that conclusion of like well, I trust my parents but I think they're bullshitting me is a much more accurate example than playing the trusted liar and then exposing yourself.
Burgers float into my room...
Image
-------------------------------------------------(YouTube|Twitter)-------------------------------------------------
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)

VetoMadness
Tribelle
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:16 pm
Tings: 55

Re: The Awesome and Cool Poll Thread

Postby VetoMadness » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:08 am

I totally oppose the idea of "behave or Santa will put coal in your sock" because it's a reward-based morality that you shouldn't teach your kids.


I completely agree with what you're saying here. As a kid, I thought Santa could read your mind or something, so I tried to force myself into not thinking of anything bad when Christmas came around and it stressed me quite a bit... :?

Also, on the other hand; I DO think it's a good idea to let kids figure the truth out for themselves. I specifically remember debunking the whole Santa thing when I was a little kid. I was in the kitchen with my mom asking her if Santa could get me "insert expensive product here" ( I honestly don't remember what it was ). She told me it was too expensive, even for him. I asked her: "But Santa is magical, couldn't he create it outta nowhere?". My mom laughed for a bit after hearing that, which eventually led me to the conclusion that he was indeed fake.

What I don't agree on however, is having so many fake magical entities (tooth fairy, three kings, Santa, etc.), since I think that makes it even worse when you discover the truth.
Image

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Posts: 23613
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Ireland
Contact:
Tings: 3135

Re: The Awesome and Cool Poll Thread

Postby PluMGMK » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:16 pm

Moving swiftly along…
2017-10-27-201600_swaygrab.png

Well, Catalonia just declared independence from Spain, so let's have a poll about that. Hopefully one in which nobody will be beaten up for participating.
ImageImage

Adsolution
Sandra Misu
Posts: 21618
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:55 pm
Location: Толья́тти
Tings: 4562

Re: The Awesome and Cool Poll Thread

Postby Adsolution » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:30 pm

If their referendum shows that the people want independence, then I say let it be. After what the Spanish government did, they probably want it more than ever now.

Seriously, what message was the government trying to send by throwing an army into a gymnasium with nothing in it but a couple people and a folding table and beating everyone up? That they have the absolute worst resource management and are mentally retarded?
Image
DJ Iron Monkey wrote:No one even realises how important the environment is. I mean, where would we be without it? Space? No thanks, I'm too scared of black holes to live there.
Frank Murphy wrote:What does a priest know about marriage? He's married to God. God's invisible, and he's happy as long as you show up once a week to eat his son.

Keane
Globox
Posts: 14968
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:06 am
Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI0cUxXDLdk
Tings: 143692

Re: The Awesome and Cool Poll Thread

Postby Keane » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:56 pm

Yeah, I'm not super up-to-date with Spain's politics but I'm inclined to support their independence when their current government acts outright authoritatively towards citizens exercising a basic right. How the feck did they not think that would backfire?

The only real drawback I see is that Catalonia could be struck by some economic downfall as a result but I always find that kind of a shortsighted argument against major political changes. It reminds me of when people argue against taxing the wealthy over here in Burgerland because "the rich might pull out!" - yahe, and them outsourcing jobs, monopolising markets and price gouging the shit out of consumers is the better alternative :?:
Burgers float into my room...
Image
-------------------------------------------------(YouTube|Twitter)-------------------------------------------------
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)

R4Y_ANC3L
Ambre Écueil
Posts: 1255
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:14 pm
Location: https://youtu.be/kFxbZqu6eMM, Matrix, Glade of Dreams, Tetorigawa and Okehazama
Tings: 6650

Re: The Awesome and Cool Poll Thread

Postby R4Y_ANC3L » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:59 pm

I just want to say that the decision over Catalonia's future direction is a matter for the people who live there, and the Catalan and Spanish Governments are perfectly entitled to take positions for and against independence.

However, I believe that it is right for all people have the right to self-determination and to choose the form of government best suited to their needs.
Their right to determine their future should be respected.

I vote for the support in Independence.

PluMGMK
Pizzicatta
Posts: 23613
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Ireland
Contact:
Tings: 3135

Re: The Awesome and Cool Poll Thread

Postby PluMGMK » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:17 pm

2017-11-03-201933_swaygrab.png
Wow, someone picked the booby option.

On that cheerful note, are there any new suggestions?
ImageImage

Adsolution
Sandra Misu
Posts: 21618
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:55 pm
Location: Толья́тти
Tings: 4562

Re: The Awesome and Cool Poll Thread

Postby Adsolution » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:24 pm

PluMGMK wrote:…2017-11-03-201933_swaygrab.pngWow, someone picked the booby option.
jaja yea you xD
Image
DJ Iron Monkey wrote:No one even realises how important the environment is. I mean, where would we be without it? Space? No thanks, I'm too scared of black holes to live there.
Frank Murphy wrote:What does a priest know about marriage? He's married to God. God's invisible, and he's happy as long as you show up once a week to eat his son.

R4Y_ANC3L
Ambre Écueil
Posts: 1255
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:14 pm
Location: https://youtu.be/kFxbZqu6eMM, Matrix, Glade of Dreams, Tetorigawa and Okehazama
Tings: 6650

Re: The Awesome and Cool Poll Thread

Postby R4Y_ANC3L » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:29 am

PluMGMK wrote:On that cheerful note, are there any new suggestions?

Is it better to date someone attractive and popular or intelligent and smart?

Keane
Globox
Posts: 14968
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:06 am
Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI0cUxXDLdk
Tings: 143692

Re: The Awesome and Cool Poll Thread

Postby Keane » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:43 am

raymanpc collective answer:

no! of course not! i am an introvert and i remember school: popular kids at the popular table acting like we other kids just nerd trash! meanwhile i was there with friends playing pokemon and though maybe we not have the hippest style or bestest shoes what really matters in the end? my pokemon memories shaped me and they were just glammer and no talk. so no, i want a lover who is smart/intelligent/high and will play crash bandicoot with me and read book in silence and not go to parties and have 500 facebook """friends!"""". really, 500 friend? those are not all friends. i have only 1 but i value like a brother. i want a woman who is not very loud and is smart and kind i value that over blonde hair and a big tit! [french only] and also big pride in homeland otrewise i fuckin burst! you hate the land who give you life? get the fuck out!
Burgers float into my room...
Image
-------------------------------------------------(YouTube|Twitter)-------------------------------------------------
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)

Ray502
André
Posts: 10279
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 8:15 pm
Location: Somewhere
Contact:
Tings: 98080

Re: The Awesome and Cool Poll Thread

Postby Ray502 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:24 pm

Suggestion:

Do you believe in life after death?
Image

Rayman: Razorbeard's Vengeance

Rayman 2: The Alternate Side (Demo Available Now!)

incognito wrote:Ray502, I'll give you a E10
For slightly suggestive humor and slightly crude language.

Hoodcom wrote:+ Ray502 is officially awesome. :D

Keane
Globox
Posts: 14968
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:06 am
Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI0cUxXDLdk
Tings: 143692

Re: The Awesome and Cool Poll Thread

Postby Keane » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:32 pm

more polls more often please i like answering the questions and i dislike hangman and the limb character with no new games so for that reason im saying i would like more polls, please do one now
Image
Burgers float into my room...
Image
-------------------------------------------------(YouTube|Twitter)-------------------------------------------------
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)

Master
Rayman Origins
Posts: 49430
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:14 am
Location: Somewhere specific, I'd assume.
Tings: 396410

Re: The Awesome and Cool Poll Thread

Postby Master » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:45 pm

I've put up a temporary poll for now, and I've gone and poked Plum. Hopefully when he's available, he'll be able to put up a proper new poll.
Image


Return to “Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], jurebj, Rayfist and 7 guests