E3 2017

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Whose conference was best?

EA
No votes
Bethesda
No votes
UbiSoft
15%
Microsoft
8%
Sony
No votes
Nintendo
77%
Devolver Digital
No votes
PC Gaming Show
No votes

Total votes: 13

Serza5
Mr Dark
Tings: 486315

E3 2017

Post by Serza5 »

It's coming up to that time again and with a Rabbids crossover game and possibly Rayman Legends Definitive version making it's way to E3 I felt like starting up this thread now.

List of conferences and schedules

Previous E3 threads:

--

I'm not sure how I personally feel about the new Rabbids game but it would certianly be interesting to see how exactly it plays out. As for other expectations i'm on the "Beyond Good & Evil 2 for Switch please" train.
Words of Wisdom :
Master wrote:< can't compete with Serz, her power level is too great.
Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant:
Hoodcom
Mr Dark
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Tings: 453317

Re: E3 2017

Post by Hoodcom »

Hmm, are we actually going to get Beyond Good & Evil 2? I'd love to see it happen, but right now I feel a little skeptical.
Serza5
Mr Dark

Post by Serza5 »

I think it's gone through another "Michel Ancel has definetely mentioned it recently and Ubi said yes to it" phase- although I also recall articles on it being possibly switch exclusive. But I guess that's why we have E3; to confirm all this speculation or if it's going into the depths of the abyss once again.
Words of Wisdom :
Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant:
Hoodcom
Mr Dark
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge

Post by Hoodcom »

This again? I seriously doubt it's Switch exclusive, the man himself stated before it'll be available across all platforms, if I remember correctly. :o
Serza5
Mr Dark

Post by Serza5 »

Chances are they would do a "Legends" on it and try to do exclusivity but then people complained about it so they change their mind.
Words of Wisdom :
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61820

Post by Droolie »

According to the people who leaked that Mario x Rabbids thing, it'd be a timed Switch exclusive. I don't know what to believe but I think it'd be great if it was a multiplatform game. Though if it was on Switch, that would mean Nintendo paid for it and it'd be harder for Vivendi to cancel it if they succeed in taking over Ubisoft. So I'm all for it either way.

That said I'm most looking forward to Sony's conference, since FFVII remake and KH3 will probably appear there. And other big announcements, since Sony sure likes those, looking at the past 2 years.

I'm slightly excited for Nintendo's new stuff too, since it seems like they might be starting to do good again, but then again, they might not. They're unpredictable like that.
Last edited by Droolie on Wed May 03, 2017 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Greeness
Aurora
Tings: 17030

Post by Greeness »

I am actually hoping for something Mega man related, since it will be his 30th anniversary and I'm hoping that we can at least to get some new ports (if anything).
I am also looking foward to seeing some new info about Sonic Forces and the newly revealed character that will carry the 3rd gameplay style.
Not many other expectations other then that, maybe a Shenume 3 release date.
Rare Rayman images Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Feel free to share any rare media that's missing.
Pirez
Globox
Tings: 98075

Post by Pirez »

Greeness wrote:I am actually hoping for something Mega man related, since it will be his 30th anniversary
You naïve fool. Megaman has been so neglected that nobody even cared that Capcom forgot his 25th birthday, as opposed to Metroid and Castlevania.

I'd like personnally to hear more about KH3 and I'm still hopeful for a full 3D remake of FF6, Switch exclusive even, but that's probably wishful thinking.
Greeness
Aurora

Post by Greeness »

Pirez wrote:
Greeness wrote:I am actually hoping for something Mega man related, since it will be his 30th anniversary
You naïve fool. Megaman has been so neglected that nobody even cared that Capcom forgot his 25th birthday, as opposed to Metroid and Castlevania
Maybe I am, but one can always hope.
there are also rumors of a second legacy collection being developed that will have megaman 7-10, and while it is nothing major, it will still be an acknowledgment from capcom.
Pirez
Globox

Post by Pirez »

Oh yeah, Megaman Legacy Collection 2. That will certainly give me a chubby...

Give me a full 3D remake of Megaman X centered around dodging-and-shooting with a Splatoon-like gameplay (and camera management). It's not that hard to do.
Greeness
Aurora

Post by Greeness »

I personally think you're asking for too much right now, but to be honest we as megaman fans deserve doing that after not seeing a new installment
for such a long time, so I don't blame you either.
Let's firstly get something new from this unmanaged franchise and then start asking about new games.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

I'll be watching Ubisoft and Nintendo's conferences like I do every year, though I am hoping for good announcements from Nintendo's side this time.
Serza5
Mr Dark

Post by Serza5 »

Ah yes. At least with Nintendo this year we'd be blessed with having no more teasers about what became BotW so we should be seeing some fairly new stuff (Fairly as in I definetely know some old Fire Emblem teaser games as well as Echoes would most likely be here). I think the only thing i'd really like to hear from them is the update on the Animal Crossing mobile game which was supposed to come out last year.
Words of Wisdom :
Keane
André
Tings: 222528

Post by Keane »

I only really care about what's coming to the Switch this year, hoping on some interesting indies and a-la Puyo Puyo Tetris type titles to come up. Hopefully some ports and virtual console too - I feel like they could easily spice up the library here and if the emulators aren't dogshit I'm really eager to pick up a bunch of old games for on-the-go play.

Also, I'm kinda worried Rabbids + Mario is gonna be the only thing Nintendo itself announces this year, and the rest will just be showing footage and info about Fire Emblem & Xenoblade. That's not a terrible lineup but I feel like you always gotta court E3 with at least one big announcement, and I'd be surprised if they really still don't have anything to tell us about an overdue Animal Crossing everyone wants and would be pretty easy to put together.
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Hmm, didn't Ninty book out a substantial amount of floor space for E3 this year? Or was that just a rumour? I'd hope if they did book out so much space, it'd be due to the amount of content they were going to share.

Either ways, I do hope Ninty delivers, they've had a decent start with the Switch, but I think we need to have a little more to make it feel like a more justified investment. Naturally, I'm hoping that we see some proper Metroid this year, heck, I'd take a port of the Prime Trilogy in honesty. I'd love to be able to play that on the go.
Hoodcom
Mr Dark

Post by Hoodcom »

Yeah, I feel Breath of the Wild was an excellent start, I'm quite curious to see more of what's to come. :)
Rsandee
Moskito
Tings: 59715

Post by Rsandee »

I'm hoping Valve will make an appearance, actually Half-Life 3 is all I'd wish for but that seems like a stretch. :lol:
Darksiders 3 was a suprising announcement last week, hopefully its new developers will present something more of that.
Perhaps Lorne Lanning will finally give us some footage of SoulStorm, I'm very much anticipating it, it's a remake of Abe's Exoddus much like New 'N Tasty was of Abe's Oddysee.
Rayfist
Sandra Misu
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

Pirez wrote:I'd like personnally to hear more about KH3 and I'm still hopeful for a full 3D remake of FF6, Switch exclusive even, but that's probably wishful thinking.
What fucking benefit would there be to making that Switch only? I know the game was on the SNES originally but give me a break. I have yet to play it though, despite owning it. Awesome looking game.
Pirez wrote:Give me a full 3D remake of Megaman X centered around dodging-and-shooting with a Splatoon-like gameplay (and camera management). It's not that hard to do.
Uh huh...
Drolpiraat wrote:I'm slightly excited for Nintendo's new stuff too, since it seems like they might be starting to do good again, but then again, they might not. They're unpredictable like that.
You and every other previous fan of Nintendo should certainly be holding them in high regard this E3 since we now have the release of the Switch. I'm really hoping they don't blow it and introduce us to really lame stuff nobody cares about. Seeing as how the Switch is selling well I want to see some of the big guns pulled out for the Switch.
Keane wrote:Also, I'm kinda worried Rabbids + Mario is gonna be the only thing Nintendo itself announces this year
God I hope more than anything, this turns out to not be true, but I can somewhat see it happening which actually upsets me, but who knows, maybe the game will be good. Seeing the recent state of the Mario rpgs though I'm somewhat doubtful.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
Pirez
Globox

Post by Pirez »

Rayfist wrote:
Pirez wrote:I'd like personnally to hear more about KH3 and I'm still hopeful for a full 3D remake of FF6, Switch exclusive even, but that's probably wishful thinking.
What fucking benefit would there be to making that Switch only?
Ninty was the only one go lay out the cash for Bayonetta 2. If Square wants fundings to complete this game, only Nintendo will answer the call.

Plus, on french websites it's amazing to see how much salt Sony fanboys are taking since Breath Of The Wild. I don't want that to ever stop :mrgreen:
Rayfist
Sandra Misu
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

Pirez wrote:Plus, on french websites it's amazing to see how much salt Sony fanboys are taking since Breath Of The Wild. I don't want that to ever stop :mrgreen:
Why are you making up these random ass scenarios? If this is true, its very few and far in between, these people are most certainly a minority (and also Persona 5 is miles better than Breath Of The Wild, and that's on PS4.)
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D