This year has been shit as hell

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Do you think this year was bad?

Yes it was horrible
26%
Not too bad
19%
It's Ok
35%
I'm thinking about it
3%
Nah it was a good year
16%

Total votes: 31

Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Re: This year has been shit as hell

Post by Master »

They went from a bit of a niche item into a fad that some considered to be rather cringeworthy. Bit of a shame really, I've always wanted some sort of fidget-responsive item, maybe not the spinner, but perhaps one of the cubes. It'd be a nice aid considering my own fidgety habits.
R4Y_ANC3L
Bras maléfique
Tings: 500

Post by R4Y_ANC3L »

I don't think that I even bus bought or even touched a Fidget spinner.
Tomazo
Moussu
Tings: 1230

Post by Tomazo »

Ray502 wrote:What's the problem with fidget spinners? It kinda helped me relieve some stress a few times.
I'm asking the same question, I don't think you can call your own year bad because of some trends. Even if you don't like a trend, it still shouldn't "ruin" your life. :tssk:
Fifo
Joe
Tings: 78355

Post by Fifo »

Yeah, I have to say I’m sick of trends too. Let’s go back to the 90s! PSone, Rayman 1, boxy CRT TVs, Crash Bandicoot, Windows 98, etc.
Pirez
Globox
Tings: 98075

Post by Pirez »

Yeah, because the 90s didn't have their fair share of trends. Pogs immediately spring to mind.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

Fifo wrote:Let’s go back to the 90s!
no one ever say this 0lease
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Yeah, all things considered, we're always going to get fads. Back when I was growing up we had things like Scoobies or Oidz. I'm sure if you ask folks who are older than we are, you could get times about when things like the Yoyo were a fad. I think the difference is less to do with the fads and more to do with exposure, given how the internet was nowhere as big or social back then.
Harpic fraîcheur
Lums
Tings: 30

Post by Harpic fraîcheur »

Ray502 wrote:What's the problem with fidget spinners?
Une nouvelle vague de fraîcheur, Harpic fraîcheur verte ! :D
Image Image
#Rubber mark#
Murfy
Tings: 83021

Post by #Rubber mark# »

I would say it's been an OK year. Lots of cool things happened: a new job, finally a six-figure income, a new girlfriend, new friends and good investments in the crypto markets. Yet early 2017 was rough! I still remember my last weeks at my previous job, where everyone hated me for leaving when they clearly made no effort to keep me anyway. I broke up with my previous long-time girlfriend around the same time, and I have to admit I felt kinda down at the time. Not to the point where I had a mental breakdown, but one day I visited my dad and being in my childhood house combined with all the stuff that was going on back then felt like such a setback that I shed a few tears. Unfortunately my dad saw it, called me a pussy, took me to the garage and beat the shit out of me with a set of jumper cables.
Shadowrayman
Ptizêtre Ninja
Tings: 3255

Post by Shadowrayman »

Well I will tell you other reasons why this year was shit. It was like the end of an era I can't even count how many things shut down/close down
1. DSi Shop RIP 2008-2017
2. Club Penguin RIP 2005-2017
3. Hundreds of stores shut down worldwide
4. Other stuff that I'm not bothered to write

See? I want to go back to 2010-2012 where epic faces were everywhere and no fucken fidget spinners, dabs, fucken Jake and Logan Paul and cringey trends.
These trends really need to stop for good. Even most of my Win XP computers blew up this year due to how old they were (I now only have 2 remaining) however I still have my Windows 98 laptop from the 90s it still works just this year it now runs in safe mode due to hardware errors. I also miss the good memes we had back then. Now it's just FUCKEN JAKE PAUL AND LOGAN PAUL. The only good memes we actually had in 2017 were beep beep I'm a sheep and probably the Lorax and LazyTown (these memes were also in 2016). 2013 also ruined everything for me even though I hated 2007.
Computer Specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (7.87 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor Windows 10 Home
Pirez
Globox
Tings: 98075

Post by Pirez »

Well if you summarize a year by the quality of its memes, What could possibly go wrong?
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

Bump.

Eh, last year wasn't too bad. Doing alright with a stable "job" so to speak, and by September I've gone back to class to study up and be even better with my programming craft. It was a bit of a challenge to get through but as of 1 month and some days ago, I've got my certificate, I joined this forum, and I'm starting to take on my job search with more stride. This, er i mean 2017 was pretty good to me, and I hope this year will continue getting better. So far it is for me, definitely. :)
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

I could probably do with a fidget spinner or something, I have a really bad fidgeting habit to the stage where I keep messing with my hair, then usually shave it so I can't do it anymore.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Alexinator
Paluchard
Tings: 545

Post by Alexinator »

This year has been great, a remake of The World Ends With You is coming to Switch and an Invader Zim movie is coming out.
Lil_DRE
Pti-lote
Tings: 2845

Post by Lil_DRE »

This year is a shit like any other of the last 10 years, shitty tendencies, new ideologies without a reason, lgbt marches that are not worth it, the war in the world, the destruction of the earth by the world powers , the society decays little by little, something that I like a lot, to see how the generation and society of today which I do not consider myself a member, weakens little by little, the only thing that remains is to end the life of oneself, not have to experience the decay of the human race.
It sounds ridiculous, but I follow my own ideas and goals, thinking only of myself.
-You probably want to know where I got that picture of Barbara :shock:
-You probably want to know what the Synthwave has to do with Barbara :confus:
-You probably want to stop reading this :fou:
LoveMetal
André
Tings: 217520

Post by LoveMetal »

You look like an english version of incognito. Like, a lot. :mrgreen:
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

I've never used a fidget spinner, and with a recent video I've been watching on YT, I'm curious about trying one for myself since I have a tendency to fidget a lot especially when I'm hyper.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Lil_DRE
Pti-lote
Tings: 2845

Post by Lil_DRE »

The Jonster wrote:I've never used a fidget spinner, and with a recent video I've been watching on YT, I'm curious about trying one for myself since I have a tendency to fidget a lot especially when I'm hyper.
You made me remember that I had one...
-You probably want to know where I got that picture of Barbara :shock:
-You probably want to know what the Synthwave has to do with Barbara :confus:
-You probably want to stop reading this :fou:
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

I just need to go order one of those :P
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Post by Cairnie »

Ok so 2018 so far has been a very higgledy piggledy year but things may actually be looking up for us now.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff