What kind of fiction do you like?

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

Lil_DRE
Obus à Pattes
Tings: 345

What kind of fiction do you like?

Postby Lil_DRE » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:45 pm

Well, I would like to know what kind of genre you like, both in movies and in books, in my opinion I really like the science fiction type genre, that involve futuristic, post - apocalyptic themes, or that involve travel in time ( Which is what interested me most lately).

Example: Terminator

Ambidextroid
Jano
Tings: 81565

Re: What kind of fiction do you like?

Postby Ambidextroid » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:00 am

My favourites are mostly science fiction too, but I also quite like fantasy. Not so much Medieval style, though Tolkien's stories are an exception as The Lord of the Rings is pretty much my favourite book/movie series. By fantasy I'm more referring to things like the Ghibli movies, which often mix some form of science fiction into fantasy. I haven't read that many books but the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is another favourite.

While it's not really a genre I tend to prefer movies which are more contained, as in a smaller number of characters/less expansive set. Moon springs to mind as a good example (basically only one character in the whole film), and Fight Club is another with only 2 or 3 main characters and a focus on only a few areas. Otherwise I tend to get lost and find it a little hard to concentrate on what's going on :oops2:

R4Y_ANC3L
Mr Stone
Location: https://youtu.be/kFxbZqu6eMM, Halogen Highway, I͞ttęt͢s̸u ̕I͡na͢b҉a's AI͏, Tetorigawa, Okehazama
Tings: 30865

Postby R4Y_ANC3L » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:07 am

My favourites are definitely Sci-Fi, Action and Horror.

Kingsman Secret Service, Terminator and Texas Chainsaw Massacre can speak for me on this. :wink:
R4͢Y̸! l͠i͘sten c̸are͢ful̢ly̶. I h͏4cke̷d y͠our inte͠rface to҉ ͟info͜r͞m you͠. Y͢o̵u ne͠ed my he͝l̕p. A͢nd I ͡nee͝d̢ ̧yo̸uŕ h͠el̛p. ̢Yo̷u h҉ave̛ ̴disa̡b̸led̷ th͝e ̧re͏m͠ote̡ d͟oor͜ c̡o̵ntrol̀ sys̀tem.҉ Now͜, I am una̶bl̀e ͠t̸o oper͘a͏te̕ t̨he ̨do͏ors̕. ͜Thi͘s ͘mak͘es҉ i͡t s͜ig̛nif͟ìcaǹtly ha̧r̕de͢r for me t̀o ͢s͝ţa͠y in̨ contr̶o̷l ͠of thi͏s ҉fac̀ilit͘y. ́It ͟al̛so̵ m̧eans ̀your͝ w͠a͞y out ͝of herè i̛s͏ ͡loćk̀ed. Yo̴ur onl͡y f̛ea̷sib͡l͟e͝ way of̛ e̵s҉capi͟ng ͟is t̡hroưgh͘ Ga͡t̀e̢ B̕, ͞wh͡i͠ch ̸i͝s c͞ur͞rent̶ly l͡o͞ck͟ed d́o͝wn. I, ̸ho͘w̧ever͡,̡ couļd͠ unlo͠ck͠ the d̶oo͟rs ̸to Ga̧t͠e B,̴ if̸ y̨o̡ư re-enable͟ ̴t̢h͝e d̴oo͏r̸ co̸n͟trol ̀sy̵ste͡m.҉ ̸If͢ you ͠wa͝n̛t̶ o̵ut of̶ ̧h̸e̛re͘,͜ ǵǫ bac̨k to̧ ̸th͡e̡ e͡lectri̕c͏al r͟oom, ̴ąnd p̡ut҉ ̡it͟ ͞b͏ac͟k͢ ҉on.͝ ͞U̧ntil then, ̵I ͡h̀ave ņo ̕busin͘eşs̛ ͢şpeak̨iņg to̡ ̶you.̕

Bzzit
Bzzit
Tings: 24524

Postby Bzzit » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:01 am

I think most genres can be entertaining if they're well written.
Steam - Killer of Immersion
Youtube - Iain2k7

Aaron
Sssam
Tings: 32340

Postby Aaron » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:42 pm

Back to the Future-like, although I don't know what genre that movie is.
Signature made by R4Y_ANC3L

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 403595

Postby Master » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:11 pm

That would be Science Fiction, methinks.

I'd say I like Fantasy and Sci-Fi, they're both genres that can give way to some impressive and imaginative worlds.

Ray502
Reflux
Tings: 110930

Postby Ray502 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:47 pm

For TV shows and movies, science fiction. Mainly Star Trek (original series) and Star Wars.

EDIT: I'm not much of a book reader, to be honest. Never read any science fiction books, only drama and action/adventure.

Rayman: Razorbeard's Vengeance

Rayman 2: The Alternate Side (Demo Available Now!)

FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556

The Jonster
Murfy
Tings: 68980

Postby The Jonster » Fri May 11, 2018 4:27 am

Bump.

I used to be into action/adventure, but these days my mind shifts more into sci-fi and mystery, though I'm still up for a good action/adventure book. Though I am capable of reading any genre if it's well-written and it piques my interest enough to continue reading. Which would be pretty hard since I don't really read much these days.
RAYMAN GO PLAY SOMEWHERE ELSE I'M TRYING TO CONCENTRATE!!!
R4Y_ANC3L wrote:You're speaking like Haruka Tavares.

Steo wrote:Ah, don't ya know about the bird? Well, Steo's gonna tell ya about the bird!!!

J's current song:

Return to “Off Topic”