Discussing the Climate Change

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

Are you aware of what is happening on planet Earth?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
I'm not sure about that
No votes

Total votes: 4

12RayChienne9
Ambre Écueil
Tings: 6114

Discussing the Climate Change

Post by 12RayChienne9 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:08 pm

Lately our world is bad, that is, temperatures are rising because of polluting gases. So, the glaciers are melting, causing the sea level to rise. That's why I had to talk about this topic because lately the channels are putting a lot of news on that.

How about the deforestation? It would be advisable to install or use Ecosia because this browser actually plants a tree in each search.

And the plastics? It is important to follow all three Rs: recycle, reuse and reduce.

Elite Piranha
Henchman 1000
Tings: 8426

Re: Discussing the Climate Change

Post by Elite Piranha » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:36 am

Well, I'm very distrustful of the mainstream media and this is a very complicated topic, however this video boils down my general views on this subject (I lean towards Joe Rogan's perspective):

12RayChienne9
Ambre Écueil
Tings: 6114

Post by 12RayChienne9 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:02 pm

Yeah. The day before yesterday, a Spanish channel called Telecinco put a news about this that has overwhelmed me a lot that I had to change the TV channel in order to calm down my emotions.

Elite Piranha
Henchman 1000
Tings: 8426

Post by Elite Piranha » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:37 am

Regarding the media coverage, a healthy amout of scepticism would be advisable, since there is a tendency in the mainstream media to present reality in a way that would improve the ratings (among other factors).

Unfortunately I can't say anything else about this, the last time I tried to talk about a complex issue in a forum (without being properly informed), I got piled on by angry libs.