What games are you currently playing?

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

Bradandez
Globox
Tings: 137530

Re: What games are you currently playing?

Post by Bradandez » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:43 pm

Still playing Tomodachi Life, but fortunately it's still fun.

Earth Gwee
Rayman 3
Tings: 214170

Post by Earth Gwee » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:53 pm

Started playing Monkey Island 2: Special Edition last night. After six months.

Fifo
Pâquerette
Tings: 12545

Post by Fifo » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:17 pm

Tekken 3. I’m trying to unlock the Theatre mode.

saerleiya
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5782

Post by saerleiya » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:23 pm

Still playing Mass Effet 3 Multiplayer Mode with my brother, although I slowed down a lot in terms of gaming sessions.
The Doom Bots of Doom in League of Legends should occupy me in the next few months maybe.
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:RayFag'
Aahh, you're exposing my Rule34 account.

incognito
Ratcognito
Tings: 15073

Post by incognito » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:04 pm

Pfffff, final level if Far Cry 3. Hoyt and Vaas are dead.

buildersith
Électoon
Tings: 0

Post by buildersith » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:20 am

Recently a friend asked me to start playing World of Warcraft with them, and because the summer holiday's were coming up and i knew I'd have a lot of free time I just basically gave into them and started playing it.

And got addicted to it, I created a human hunter, and within 4 days he was already level 74, its pretty fun actually, and I even got into the lore, as well as started playing hearthstone.
Speaking of which I just tried the first wing of the curse of Naxxramas expansion in hearthstone and the first fight was pretty good, as someone who is so casual at hearthstone that I still use the stock decks, I did manage to beat it with relative ease but it was only the first fight on the easiest difficulty. Though personally I don't think the expansions worth paying for really I only think you should do that if you want the new cards as soon as possible. Otherwise just wait for each wing to be released.

Besides Blizzard related Stuff, I started trying to play Terraria, seeing as every time I've tried to play Terraria I made a world, played in it for 2 hours and then left the game installed on my computer just to not touch it for six months. I'm hoping i can actually at least defeat one boss with the new save I've made.

I've also just bought Dust an Elysian tale, its just finished downloading and I'm about to try it now.

Also, someone might be interested in this so I' gonna leave it here: http://buildersith.tumblr.com/post/9268 ... the-sims-2
[steam: Buildersith][PSN: Buildersith]

saerleiya
Dora Dodemer
Tings: 5782

Post by saerleiya » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:06 am

I used to play a lot to World of Warcraft 4/5 years ago, up to 2 hours per day. I was playing at the end of The Burning Crusade and saw the entirety of Wrath of The Lich King. Although I wasn't able to finish a lot of 10/25 people raids, msot of them was fun (my favourite character was a chaman healer...even if I was playing caster or enhancement, it was the way I had the most fun with all the possibilities for a character).

I stopped playing Wow for several reasons : first, it was incredibly time-consuming (I was in prep school back then, even 2 hours per day ruins your studies). Second, I was having less fun because you could randomly pick a raid between servers, and I found that to be annoying as people were expecting you to do good anyway and were flaming you if your raid wasn't able to do as planned. Third, I was getting bored a bit by the game and I needed something more refreshing...

This is when I started playing League of Legends...but even now I only play this game with friends because I don't like to play it alone anymore. So much fun with your friends :3!

Right now, restarted playing Darksiders II, as I need to record the entire first world for my musical video. This is the only one I'm missing, and after that, I'll have to take a look at almost 20 hours of footage to find good parts. Although msot of them will disappear, it will still take a lot of time because some parts were surprisingly good but I forgot where they were :confus:
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:RayFag'
Aahh, you're exposing my Rule34 account.

beebo44
Sssam
Tings: 31100

Post by beebo44 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:25 am

buildersith wrote:Recently a friend asked me to start playing World of Warcraft with them, and because the summer holiday's were coming up and i knew I'd have a lot of free time I just basically gave into them and started playing it.

And got addicted to it, I created a human hunter, and within 4 days he was already level 74, its pretty fun actually, and I even got into the lore, as well as started playing hearthstone.
Speaking of which I just tried the first wing of the curse of Naxxramas expansion in hearthstone and the first fight was pretty good, as someone who is so casual at hearthstone that I still use the stock decks, I did manage to beat it with relative ease but it was only the first fight on the easiest difficulty. Though personally I don't think the expansions worth paying for really I only think you should do that if you want the new cards as soon as possible. Otherwise just wait for each wing to be released.
Ooh another Hearthstone player! Hearthstone is great fun to just jump into and play a couple of matches a day. Although I recommend building your own deck asap, there are some really fun strategies you can use. If you get into Hearthstone you can get very addicted very fast.
buildersith wrote:Besides Blizzard related Stuff, I started trying to play Terraria, seeing as every time I've tried to play Terraria I made a world, played in it for 2 hours and then left the game installed on my computer just to not touch it for six months. I'm hoping i can actually at least defeat one boss with the new save I've made.
Terraria is fantastic! I personally dislike the first hour or so of Terraria (which it seems you keep replaying) where it's a really slow pace of you just playing it really safe and mining resources. If you can get past that first hour or so you are in for one hell of a game. It's so full of stuff to do it's insane. One minute you could be fighting off a giant flying skeleton, and the next you could be designing a housing estate for all your NPC vendors with rainbow blocks and disappearing walls! Theres a wide range of weaponry too, my personal favourites being the Pirahna Gun, Shadowbeam Staff and what I like to call "Magic Pee". :3
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:(…)it ;).
Here's the real doldrum, you put your emoticon before your period. Wtf?

The Edditaur
Deadman
Tings: 5635

Post by The Edditaur » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:46 pm

I've been replaying Ape Escape 2 again, this time hopefully I can actually complete it fully. Good goddamn I've forgotten how fun that game is, though I can't play all day now like I used to be able to. Still, I'm about a third of the way through now, so I'm going to carry on until I get to 100%.
Because fun, yo.

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:17 pm

Only Ape Escape I own is the first one which I still have yet to play, it's completely unopened, lol.

Anyways I just beat Metal Gear Rising and my experience went from awesome to just meh. I was about to purchase the game but ended up pirating it to see if it was worth the $30 pricetag. The game was EXTREMELY short, only 7 levels (1 that is just a boss battle), with 2 DLC levels added. My first playthrough of the game was fucking awesome though, I had so much fun with it at first. Once I beat the game I was really saddened how short it was, a lot of people tell me "Play the game on a different difficulty or such" but even then I feel like I'm going through the same experience, I'm now playing on hard, before I was playing on normal, of course there are different enemy placements, but I feel once I got the parrying block mechanic down the game just becomes incredibly easy. The game was fun and it was ridiculously satisfying to slash your enemies open and such, but the replayability just didn't cut it for me. I'll likely purchase when it goes on sale on steam for super cheap but definetly not now.

I'm also getting a little tired of MK8 sadly, am I going through some weird depression state or some shit? Of course the Mario Kart 8 thing is only temporary. I've just been playing online with friends a LOT lately and I end up winning nearly every race so it's been growing tiresome for me. Anyways- I've been considering hooking up the N64 soon, but my friend owes me a copy of Majoras Mask, lol.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

sonicbrawler182
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 11810

Post by sonicbrawler182 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:34 pm

I've been playing a lot of Super Smash Flash 2. The new update came out today and it's great. I just uploaded a video of an exploit I found in it, that gets you guaranteed wins with Black Mage in Turbo Mode. :P
Please check out my YouTube channel, specifically my Sonic Lost World "Talkthrough"!

"And that's how Mama became the most OP character in every game she appeared in!"

El Dango
Clark
Tings: 105675

Post by El Dango » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:31 pm

Rayfist wrote:Only Ape Escape I own is the first one which I still have yet to play, it's completely unopened, lol.
Oh dude, you gotta make that a thing of the past.
Do NOT forget to vote and participate in the SOTM and Manipulate the Image competitions!
(If you don't wanna, however, that's perfectly okay (I'm hardly a role model))

The Edditaur
Deadman
Tings: 5635

Post by The Edditaur » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:08 pm

On the topic of Ape Escape 2, I just beat it. Like, got all 300 monkeys and defeated Specter for the second time.
Word of advice, stockpile jackets before heading into that final battle. I lost six trying to fight him, and it was mainly because of a silly move he uses which unless you know exactly how to dodge will drain your health bar.
But anyway, bar that, great game. Took me 18 hours to complete it, time well spent I'd say.
And on Monday I'm starting 1001 Spikes and Ratchet and Clank. Yaay.

rolesfamily
Magicien
Tings: 74925

Post by rolesfamily » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:18 pm

Is ApeEscape that game that wants you to use the L3 button? I remember I had a demo of that as a kid and I didn't know where the L3 button was on the PlayStation so I thought it was like a controller special add-on so I went into the shop and asked.
Signature made by Harpic fraîcheur

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404000

Post by Master » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:25 pm

I'm sure there's plenty of games which use the L3 and R3 buttons.

rolesfamily
Magicien
Tings: 74925

Post by rolesfamily » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:29 pm

Master wrote:I'm sure there's plenty of games which use the L3 and R3 buttons.
Yeah but I remember this one specifically said to use it, and you couldn't get past this bit without doing it.

Being a kid, and no obvious markings on the controller, how was I supposed to know!? haha
Signature made by Harpic fraîcheur

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:00 pm

I played Ape Escape 2 and 3 a little bit at times and I found 3 to be the most underrated of the trilogy, the art style, lovable characters, wonderful addictive music, etc. It's a shame that 3 was simply recognized as "Just another Ape Escape game" because it was so much more.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

El Dango
Clark
Tings: 105675

Post by El Dango » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:03 pm

rolesfamily wrote:Is ApeEscape that game that wants you to use the L3 button? I remember I had a demo of that as a kid and I didn't know where the L3 button was on the PlayStation so I thought it was like a controller special add-on so I went into the shop and asked.
L3 is just a ground pound, and I'm pretty sure it's never needed.
Do NOT forget to vote and participate in the SOTM and Manipulate the Image competitions!
(If you don't wanna, however, that's perfectly okay (I'm hardly a role model))

Bzzit
Bzzit
Tings: 24529

Post by Bzzit » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:04 pm

I just beat Spyro 1 - 3 100% and am now attempting to get 100% in Ape Escape, as the discussion above reminded me I'm still yet to do just that.
Rayman is the best man

sonicbrawler182
Garatta Ciatik
Tings: 11810

Post by sonicbrawler182 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:05 pm

I've now played through the bulk of the Adventure Tours in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (DS Version). I really like it. It's severely underrated, especially considering the amount of people who want a meaty single-player game as a Mario & Sonic crossover. It's essentially a mix of doing missions within Olympic events (which all play well), exploring a world filled with puzzles, collectibles, and side missions, as well as gathering a party of characters, and each character has a special mini-game challenge to tackle at some point (except for Mario, Sonic, Bowser, Dr. Eggman, Bowser Jr., and Metal Sonic). There's also a ton to do if you're a completionist, but that aspect seems really challenging so it will be a while before I do all of that.

The overall plot is simple, but there are a lot of charming little character interactions over the course of the adventure.
Please check out my YouTube channel, specifically my Sonic Lost World "Talkthrough"!

"And that's how Mama became the most OP character in every game she appeared in!"