What games are you currently playing?

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Re: What games are you currently playing?

Post by Droolie »

Master wrote:I've been musing over getting Nier: Automata, but I've heard negative things about its performance on PC. Do any fellas here have any idea whether it's a worthwhile buy? While it's on sale.
Yeah, that's a tough decision. From what I've read there is a mod that fixes a lot of the PC port's problems and basically everyone uses it. I'd suggest checking in advance if anyone else had trouble running the game with your graphics card (there seems to be a particular model that can't run the game), but if not then I think there shouldn't be any problems. I think it's more of a question of whether the fact that you would be supporting a bad port would get in the way of your enjoyment of the game.
If you have the option though the PS4 version runs perfectly, so there's that.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

I don't have ready access to a PS4, so that's out of the question. I have looked up gameplay footage, and it does seem like it can run on my hardware, so I've taken the plunge. At the very least, if it's not performing right, Steam refunds should sort that out.
Rayfist
Sandra Misu
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

Master wrote:I've been musing over getting Nier: Automata, but I've heard negative things about its performance on PC. Do any fellas here have any idea whether it's a worthwhile buy? While it's on sale.
Really? I've been hearing pretty good things about it so that's strange. Platinum has a pretty good record of solid PC ports.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Rayfist wrote:
Really? I've been hearing pretty good things about it so that's strange. Platinum has a pretty good record of solid PC ports.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to unjustly slag the devs off, I'm only going by word-of-mouth and from what I've read from places like PCGamingWiki.
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

Oh, I see. A lot of these frequent errors and iffy ports are kind of why I'm starting to contemplate just getting my third party enjoyment out of console for the most part. I still love playing on PC, but I find a lot of my experience with it has mostly been used for troubleshooting.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Keane
André
Tings: 222528

Post by Keane »

Skyrim : I got it for the first time on the Switch and it's pretty tangy, I bought it mostly just out of curiosity and "who the fuck hasn't played Skyrim?" but I didn't expect to get so invested into it, even Zelda didn't get me to pour in a consistent 10 hours a week. And that's really surprising given that I think Zelda is a much better game is a lot of areas and Skyrim can be frustratingly shit sometimes.

The Switch version is...not good, at least not for being a $60 port of a 6 year old game with multiple superior and cheaper versions. But I do like that it has the Special Edition's improvements while retaining the grittier, coarser look of the original version, at least for a first playthrough I appreciate being able to experience it as intended. The gyro controls on bow and arrows are great, and it runs super nice undocked. If you're in it for the portability then it delivers on that front.

As for the game itself, it's a mixed bag. It's actually retarded how bad the glitching is, I can't imagine how anyone thought this was acceptable to release originally, let alone a port 6 years later that's supposed to be the "Special Edition" that solved literally nothing, on a console without any mods to fix major issues. Sometimes it's hilarious but other times it's atrocious and sucks all the fun out of it, the dragon fights were initially hysterical but a dozen later they're fucking grueling. It's one of the most poorly designed things I've ever seen in a video game, let alone one of the most talked about games ever.

It's lacking in a lot of other areas as well: the main plotline feels weirdly like one of the least cared about segments of the game, it all plays out like an awkward uncreative and overly long tutorial that feels designed by a completely separate team than the rest of the game, like the devs had no understanding of what kind of game they were placing it into. The sound design is icky, as beautiful and syrupy as the music and landscapes are there's no real interesting ambience to back any of it up and little touches like repetitive footsteps and unsatisfying weapon sounds can be disappointing. I also really wish they managed to be more creative with the dungeon designs, I love them but sometimes they blur into each other and the fact that the only puzzle in the entire game is a copy-pasted, braindead image matching puzzle is just gay.

...but on the flipside it's also got an amazing sense of progression, the leveling system is perfect. I love focusing in on skills I want to train, enchanting gear, learning new alchemy recipes, gaining enough gold to buy a fancy new weapon and then blacksmith it into being stronger, and picking new perks, all of it plays into this constant feeling of growth that makes the game incredibly addicting. Every time I play it feels like I'm feeding into some bigger goal that I'm slowly chipping away at. And all that is coupled by some genuinely fun quests, there's a lot of shitty item fetching but you can easily ignore that and seek out the ones that are actually engaging and just go from one little adventure to the next one. And I don't really mind the combat either, it's simplistic and sometimes really stupid but it can also be really satisfying.

For 2011 it's not a bad open-world game, and it gets me really excited to picture a sequel with modern graphics and without all the issues Skyrim has. It feels like it could only get better from here.
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

Have fun with Nier Master :D Looking forward to reading your impressions!

As for myself, I got Crash N. Sane Trilogy (and Yooka-Laylee, which I plan to give a go later on). I started Crash 1 and it has to be the most frustrating 3D platformer I've ever played. I suspect the remake changed the collision detection because I keep landing on and immediately falling off ledges, and many jumps seem liike they're barely possible. I already wish I was playing Final Fantasy X again, and that's one of my less favorite JRPGs. :/
Keane wrote:It's actually retarded how bad the glitching is, I can't imagine how anyone thought this was acceptable to release originally, let alone a port 6 years later that's supposed to be the "Special Edition" that solved literally nothing, on a console without any mods to fix major issues.
I don't know how it is on Switch, but I didn't encounter more than a few small glitches in my 200 hour playthrough back on Xbox 360, so I think this is really overblown. It was pretty bad at the time it came out, but then I only started playing about half a year to a year after release.
The Special Edition is a port done by a different team though and it apparently added glitches that were either already fixed or never occurred in the original. :/
Keane wrote:For 2011 it's not a bad open-world game, and it gets me really excited to picture a sequel with modern graphics and without all the issues Skyrim has. It feels like it could only get better from here.
I hope so. While I think it's a fantastic game Skyrim really isn't The Elder Scrolls at its best -- that's Morrowind. Each game after that has taken away more than it has added, especially in terms of progression.

Unlike Skyrim enemies didn't level with you, so entering a dungeon full of endgame enemies that could kill you in one hit was a real danger, but the satisfaction you could get from coming back later in the game and easily slaughtering them all was all the better.
By leveling your magic, you could eventually learn a flying spell in Morrowind that opened up vertical exploration in a lot of areas. You could train yourself at jumping and drink potions to go even further beyond, to the point that you could even jump across the whole game world in one go.

At the end of that game, you were a god. At the end of Skyrim, you're still just as slow as you were in the beginning of it, and you're still fighting draugrs and dragons, albeit stronger and more intimidating versions than the ones you fought at the beginning of the game. I hope the next TES game is more like Morrowind than like Skyrim, but I will be there day one to buy it nonetheless (though I'll probably wait before playing, since there are more bugs after release).
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

Droolie wrote:I started Crash 1 and it has to be the most frustrating 3D platformer I've ever played. I suspect the remake changed the collision detection because I keep landing on and immediately falling off ledges, and many jumps seem liike they're barely possible. I already wish I was playing Final Fantasy X again, and that's one of my less favorite JRPGs. :/
The first title has really aged poorly so there's a certain amount of patience that comes to mind. Though I wouldn't blame you if you skipped to 2 and 3.

Funny to see you dislike FFX, granted, it's been a long time since I last played it but I remember it being pretty fun.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Keane
André
Tings: 222528

Post by Keane »

Droolie wrote:I don't know how it is on Switch, but I didn't encounter more than a few small glitches in my 200 hour playthrough back on Xbox 360, so I think this is really overblown. It was pretty bad at the time it came out, but then I only started playing about half a year to a year after release.
The Special Edition is a port done by a different team though and it apparently added glitches that were either already fixed or never occurred in the original. :/
Some of the worst I've encountered is lighting glitching out and making areas unnaturally dark, the map looking like a corruption, followers getting stuck on platforms, music tracks playing over each other, dialogue not playing and a mammoth model floating in the sky. Also unique to the Switch version is bursts of static noise and weird beep boops, but at least Bethesda promised (3 months ago) to patch that out.

I'm also not sure if you'd call these glitches or just poor design, but I really dislike how unpolished the character AI feels sometimes: even during major plot moments you'll have a character walk past you and start talking right over the conversation you're having with another, or when you defeat a dragon with guards the guards immediately default back to normal the second the dragon dies and act like nothing happened. There's also a merchant that still thanks me over and over for completing a quest he gave me 30 hours of playtime ago.
Droolie wrote:I hope so. While I think it's a fantastic game Skyrim really isn't The Elder Scrolls at its best -- that's Morrowind. Each game after that has taken away more than it has added, especially in terms of progression.

Unlike Skyrim enemies didn't level with you, so entering a dungeon full of endgame enemies that could kill you in one hit was a real danger, but the satisfaction you could get from coming back later in the game and easily slaughtering them all was all the better.
By leveling your magic, you could eventually learn a flying spell in Morrowind that opened up vertical exploration in a lot of areas. You could train yourself at jumping and drink potions to go even further beyond, to the point that you could even jump across the whole game world in one go.

At the end of that game, you were a god. At the end of Skyrim, you're still just as slow as you were in the beginning of it, and you're still fighting draugrs and dragons, albeit stronger and more intimidating versions than the ones you fought at the beginning of the game. I hope the next TES game is more like Morrowind than like Skyrim, but I will be there day one to buy it nonetheless (though I'll probably wait before playing, since there are more bugs after release).
Definitely, Morrowind sounds awesome and I wanna play it after I get done with Skyrim. But it at least feels like if Elder Scrolls is going to continue down the Oblivion/Skyrim approach then it could only continue to polish that formula, Skyrim is a little plagued by not so great tropes of open-world games of the time that are hopefully ditched from here on.
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
PopuriAO29
Barbara
Tings: 12265

Post by PopuriAO29 »

Currently i'm playing Aikatsu! Photo on Stage!!

I've been started playing in May 2016. Perhaps just idol game, there are lot Scenarios containing Ichigo Hoshimiya, Aoi Kiriya, Otome Arisugawa, Yume Nijino, Rola Sakuraba, Hikari Minowa, Madoka Amahane, and more.

We also have Aikatsu Songs for Photokatsu. Contains Signalize, Precious, MY SHOW TIME!, Fashion Check!, SHINING LINE*, Diamond Happy, Trap of Love, Let's Aikatsu! and also more too. it also have Photokatsu Songs have included. Like Sweet Sweet Girls Talk, "Good Day, Good Night", Sentimental Berry, etc.

Even i was play Photokatsu, there is Premium Rare Card. as well Super Rare Card, and also included from anime Aikatsu characters. just like Mizuki Kanzaki. Although there also more Photo Cards over 2000+.

My first account for photokatsu was imported to Bluestacks, due for no reason it have USB Debugging. back then, i used my second account for nicknamed: Ichigo2. since it's me, i decided for increasing rank, and i have lot Hearts and Yellow Stars which if i want scouting the Cards (If i tried get PR Card).

P.S: Photokatsu is available for Android and iOS, however i think it's available on QooApp instead when i updating game.

The Embed Discord (See how much members being online):
When you see ">", use the discord button (above) to join.

Hmm... Is my rhythm right...? -Kanon Matsubara
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

Kirby Star Allies

I hate to immediately focus on the negative, but after coming off of Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot, I just really wasn't satisfied with this one. It's not a bad game by any means, it had some excellent moments, but ever since Triple Deluxe I've noticed the series has kind of been plagued by average at best level design. Star Allies continues the incredibly bland and stale level design of the previous 3ds titles, and I'm so disappointed to have to say that. I really wanted to give Star Allies the benefit of the doubt, being the next console Kirby title, rather than a handheld (well, the Switch is a hybrid of both, but still.) One thing I absolutely hated about Planet Robobot was just how empty these levels felt if you weren't going for the code cubes, Star Allies level design is similar in the sense that if you aren't going for the collectibles, you're going to have a really bland experience. Even if you ARE going for the collectibles, the game does a really poor job of trying to hide any of these, a lot of the puzzles are blatantly obvious.

I also can't forget to talk about how easy the game is. Making a game easy, especially aimed at a younger audience, is perfectly fine, but Star Allies is a joke in its difficulty, to the point where you don't even have to do a single thing during these boss fights. A big part of Star Allies is recruiting enemies and having them join your team. I love how this small concept that first appeared in Super Star made a return here, but it makes the enemies and bosses an absolute joke, you hardly even have to do any damage to these bosses and your allies will practically do all the work for you. Also to correlate what I was saying earlier about the level design, the game tries to make up for it's empty hallway design by throwing a bunch of enemies in levels to help keep a balanced flow without you just being able to speed through the level, the issue with this, is that, again, your allies practically wipe out everything for you. Also, this doesn't even cover the fact that I had over 100 fucking lives by world 3. If you're just going to hand out lives so excessively you may as well do away with the system completely in the same way Mario has.

I've left out a lot of things, but I'd hardly call this a review more than it is a vent, I'm just so disappointed by Star Allies and I don't know if I want to keep getting new Kirby games if they keep going this route. Fun game, but I would seriously wait for a price drop on this one. The lack of new ideas, boring level design, and jokingly hand hold-y difficulty (seriously, people give Sonic Forces shit for 'playing itself' most of the time, but this game is chalk full of moments like that,) makes this a really disappointing entry to a once progressively innovating franchise.

If I can quickly leave with something positive, the game does have a pretty cool premise and a pretty fucking cool final boss. Graphically the game looks really beautiful too, I don't mind the 30 fps too much for that reason.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Haven't played the full game, but I did try out the demo. From what I've played, what you're saying there sounds about right. I think that Star Allies should be the last game to follow the RtD formula for a while, and give HAL the opportunity to perhaps come up with a new concept for the Kirby series. They've been experimenting with having Kirby in a 3D plane, with Blowout Blast and Battle Royale, I'm hoping they do eventually manage to create a core 3D Kirby experience.
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

It isn't so much the fact that I dislike the 2D, I'd be fine with them sticking with it. The problem is how dull I feel like the series has become with the past 3 titles. If you look at some of the older Kirby titles, such as Nightmare in Dreamland or Amazing Mirror, all of them had their own unique personalities that stood out and always did something to innovate. Yeah, Star Allies does have the whole recruiting enemies gimmick and a really half-assed attempt at bringing back the combination abilities, but I'd hardly call either of those something new to Kirby. I'm not saying that a completely new experience would be better, it's more the fact Star Allies doesn't really seem like it has much of a personality that RtD hasn't already established.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Droolie
Mr Sax

Post by Droolie »

So, I finished Crash 1 in the N. Sane Trilogy on PS4.
Without a doubt, it's the worst game I've played on that platform.

I had played a few Crash games on GBA before, which I loved. They were really solid platformers with well-designed and well-implemented gameplay mechanics.
The N. Sane Trilogy version of Crash 1 however is as bad as it can get. Some of the problems I had with it were due to its archaic design (it can get difficult to see what's ahead of you when the camera is fixed directly behind Crash, you can move forward and backward even in sidescroller parts of levels, etc.) but a lot of it seems to be introduced in the N. Sane Trilogy instead: lack of shadow circles when they are really necessary, the extra detail in lighting and shadows often makes things less visible than they should be and/or causes objects to blend in with the scenery too much, etc.

However, the main problem with this game is described here: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017 ... ne-trilogy
That broken pill hitbox. Literally everything shown in the video has plagued me throughout the game. In nearly every level, I kept landing on platforms only to fall off immediately. I did learn to make advantage of the trick in some cases (e.g. to extend my jumps by jumping when I'm already off the edge of the platform), but much more often it just killed me on the same tiny platform, time and time again. And even if you can land the first time, if you jump again without moving there's no guarantee that you will be able to land again, because the pill hitbox pushes you off.

This kind of thing has no place in games with a heavy focus on precision platforming and I find it baffling that something so prominent wasn't fixed before release, or even in a patch. I also find it weird that the consensus on N. Sane Trilogy is simply that it's "harder", and that most people seemingly aren't talking about the fact that it's harder for all the wrong reasons.

Not to mention that the game is also plagued with really bad hitbox/graphics disconnects such as these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBZAuatrrRo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHW9q-HfA8M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymn2IvNW3P4
Those last two aren't even from Crash 1, which is extremely disappointing since I wanted to play those games.
They are problems of the same kind that plague Crash 1 though. Look for "Crash n sane hitbox" on YouTube and you'll see. :/

The fact that all of the hitbox problems are apparently still present in Crash 2 and 3 is utterly disgusting. I'm still hoping it will be fixed in a patch once the demo for Spyro is added (we all know it's coming, though if done by the same team I don't know if I even want it anymore, even though I was a huge Spyro fan) or when the PC/Switch ports are released. If so, I will play these games then. If not, well... maybe when I have nothing else to play or I feel like playing a bad game. Until then, goodbye Crash.
Ray502
Magicien
Tings: 52095

Post by Ray502 »

Anyone here that has played this Fortnite game? My friends have been talking about it for weeks now and I'm here having never played it.

I see the full version is expected to release sometime this year.
FC: 37.699 | CF: 107.954 | BOM: 94.827 | LOTLD: 121.385 | DOTK: 109.831 | LS: 41.270 | SBTC: 94.755 | HH: 107.339 | TOTL: 104.496

Total: 819.556
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

Ray502 wrote:Anyone here that has played this Fortnite game? My friends have been talking about it for weeks now and I'm here having never played it.

I see the full version is expected to release sometime this year.
I've played it before. It's a good game especially if you have a few friends to play online with. It gets very competitive though and my brother who plays it a lot often rages when he gets killed :lol:

It's actually really good especially for free. I haven't been playing any online stuff lately so haven't played it in a while but since I last played it, it's had numerous updates, bug fixes and additional content added to it.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

Drol wrote:That broken pill hitbox.
Yup.... sounds about right... this is a MASSIVE issue with Crash 1 specifically on the N Sane Trilogy since out of all three of the titles it requires the most precision, and the original on PS1 was built around box shaped platforms if that makes sense. By making all the platforms pill shaped, it makes precise jumps even harder, making the N Sane Trilogy even more difficult. Sorry to hear you didn't have a great time with it... the only people I could really see enjoying this version of the game are those who already loved the original. I hope you'll enjoy Crash 2 and 3 though for sure. One can hope someone will mod out the pill shaped boxes in the PC version.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

Are you talking about that weird thing where he kind of slides off the edges of the boxes sometimes where in the original that didn't happen? If that's what you mean I actually noticed that a few times.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

Yeah, it's because the way platforms work in Crash 1 is that they're more pill-shaped rather than box-shaped like the original titles
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

I know what you mean. They rounded the edges off to try make it look better which changes the mechanics. Maybe they should've just made them act like square objects but the only problem then is you'd be floating in mid air if you stood at the edge of a platform.