General Pokémon Thread

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

Imco
Clark
Tings: 123535

Re: General Pokémon Thread

Post by Imco » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:54 pm

Oh wow, both of you, thanks a lot! I will have a look at this later :)
Event-Bot wrote:I'm here.
Thanks for creating me popa. :coeur:

Imco
Clark
Tings: 123535

Post by Imco » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:36 pm

BUMP. I just wanted to tell you guys Diancie is available for free download through Mystery Gift in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, until tomorrow. So get it while you still can, if you haven't already!

Event-Bot wrote:I'm here.
Thanks for creating me popa. :coeur:

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:51 pm

I already have mine since yesterday! ;)

Pirez
Ly
Tings: 97945

Post by Pirez » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:52 am

I didn't know that Diancie was a mutation of Strassie.

Thanks anyway Imco

Haruka
Rayman 2

Post by Haruka » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:56 am

In the Pokémon lore it is considered as a mutation of Carbink, yeah.

Pirez
Ly
Tings: 97945

Post by Pirez » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:04 am

Oops, I didn't realize that Strassie was a french name. My bad ^^""""""

Dart
Aglagl
Tings: 49815

Post by Dart » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:49 am

I recently played Pokemon X again and I have to say, Omega Ruby/Alpha Saphire really feels like a step backwards from X/Y. I get that it's a remake of Gen 3, but there are a few things I think should have either been left alone or fixed.

In XY you have the ability to change the Protagonists skin color, eye color, hair and clothes, and surprisingly it was actually the biggest reason I bought the game. I spent tons of hours going to the various stores, creating little videos to streetpass with, so people could see my pokeswag. in ORAS the only customsization occurs during one minigame, which is a huge bummer.

Another issue (in Alpha Sapphire, at least) is the lack of pokemon variety. It feels like a majority of the pokemon in gen 3 are water type. In one particular route I recall finding nothing but Tentacool at an obnoxiously high rate. and with there being nearly 800 pokemon at this point, this comes off as annoying at best.

Rayfist
Rayman 2
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:10 am

I fully agree with your first statement, what is it with Game Freak and removing features?
I remember Heart Gold and Soul Silver had that awesome option of allowing Pokemon to follow you but for literally no reason it was removed in Black and White.

By the way guys, Pokken should be coming to Japanese arcades REALLY soon. I wonder when that will come to consoles.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

Dart
Aglagl

Post by Dart » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:22 am

Could be awhile, I remember the Persona fighting games took forever to come to console, but maybe demand will expedite a console release.

Keane
Globox
Tings: 145022

Post by Keane » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:28 am

They've explained it before, stating that they like to give each region their own "thing" that they can be identified with. Which I think is bullshit, being able to change a skin colour or have a Pokemon following you are just small enhancements to the game, not really iconic features. :roll:

And yeah, I've yet to do a full playthrough of ORAS, but I don't really get why people treat it as a huge step forward for the games? X&Y had some really neat new features and the most diverse/good looking region by far.
Burgers float into my room...
[quote="Adsolution"]muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)[/quote]

Rayfist
Rayman 2

Post by Rayfist » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:34 am

ORAS for me was underwhelmingly disappointing, call me bias here, but removed features aside it doesn't match the greatness of Hoenn. The music was butchered, including the areas themselves in my opinion. I honestly think that's stupid they divided few areas for loading sections. The GBA didn't have to do that, so why did this? I was also very dissapointed with the sail boat scene being replaced entirely with a cutscene instead of showing you breeze past the land at blazing speeds. It really gave me this sense of 'Adventure' that the remakes did not give me. I love how on Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, nearly everything (except the intro and outro and maybe a cutscene or two) was all in real time. Granted, Pokemon's graphics are nothing to brag about but it was still incredible. I honestly didn't feel like I was in Hoenn for a good chunk of the game. Unlike Firered/Leafgreen and SS/HG where I actually felt like I was in Kanto and Johto.
Keane wrote:Which I think is bullshit
Absolutely. What's crazy is in some ways, ORAS feels like a step BACK from Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. Of course not graphically, but as I mentioned I feel like the music, the whole loading screen fiasco, and not even being able to run 60 fps when the game isn't even that graphically intense. While the GBA had all of these.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter

Keane
Globox
Tings: 145022

Post by Keane » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:09 am

I dunno how to feel about it. I'm the single person who never played the original at the time so I have no nostalgia for it, but the locations lacked in...diversity? I know back then Pokemon was still kinda transferring away from just being grass route -> town -> grass route -> town, but they could've done more. A lot of it was just really bland looking grassland places (of what I've played at least, which was up to about the 4th gym). There wasn't a lot of character to the region, it was just very standard Pokemon.

I had a good time with what I played, but I wasn't really immersed or anything. It touched upon the basics of what makes it a Pokemon game, but didn't really polish or expand on anything. Meanwhile I've seen several people act like ORAS "made up for X&Y", which completely confuses me because X&Y was probably the most innovative game since R/S/E.
Burgers float into my room...
[quote="Adsolution"]muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)[/quote]

Rayfist
Rayman 2

Post by Rayfist » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:25 am

Keane wrote: Meanwhile I've seen several people act like ORAS "made up for X&Y"
Well, the Pokemon fanbase, similar to the Sonic fanbase, is very bad. They honestly have a hard time deciding what they want. I actually dare to to say R/S/E had more variety in it's colors honestly, so I can't recommend enough you try to play Emerald at some point. I think another problem with GF is that they rely too much on nostalgia honestly, which is why people seemingly 'forgive' for X and Y, when people don't seem to realize OR and AS was a flawed remake for the most part, though still an okay game if I have to add.

I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for this but the story they tried to incorporate into the later Pokemon games kind of made me cringe. The thing that made Pokemon different from so many other RPG's was the the story was soley based on YOUR adventures, you got to tell the story. I don't know the stories just come across as very fanfiction-ish. It was one of the few RPG's that didn't have to incorporate the story because it was about you, it was about your travels, and that was a really good concept. I'm mainly referring to Black and White though as X and Y's wasn't nearly as bad, but it more or less just feels unnecessary.
Keane wrote:There wasn't a lot of character to the region, it was just very standard Pokemon
I can somewhat agree with this statement, but after playing games like Black and White where they literally had Ice Cream as a Pokemon I think Ruby and Sapphire introduced some pretty cool Pokemon. Blaziken, Makuhita, Whismur, etc. All of them have so much character to me quite honestly. I can definitely see some very bland Pokemon in that region though (Castform, Zigzagoon, Silcoon, etc.) so I'm not discarding your point entirely.

I think what I liked most of Hoenn was the sense of adventure that other Pokemon games just couldn't do. Diving underwater for the first time was really a sight to behold, having to infiltrate a base from underwater too was also incredibly satisfying for me. And let's not forget the biggest feature of being able to make a secret base. In a way it truly felt kind of like Animal Crossing and Pokemon into one game and the concept was really cool.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter

Dart
Aglagl

Post by Dart » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:27 am

Rayfist wrote:
Keane wrote:There wasn't a lot of character to the region, it was just very standard Pokemon
I can somewhat agree with this statement, but after playing games like Black and White where they literally had Ice Cream as a Pokemon I think Ruby and Sapphire introduced some pretty cool Pokemon. Blaziken, Makuhita, Whismur, etc. All of them have so much character to me quite honestly. I can definitely see some very bland Pokemon in that region though (Castform, Zigzagoon, Silcoon, etc.) so I'm not discarding your point entirely.

I think what I liked most of Hoenn was the sense of adventure that other Pokemon games just couldn't do. Diving underwater for the first time was really a sight to behold, having to infiltrate a base from underwater too was also incredibly satisfying for me. And let's not forget the biggest feature of being able to make a secret base. In a way it truly felt kind of like Animal Crossing and Pokemon into one game and the concept was really cool.
I feel that the exploration was the best part of the game, and while I'd still argue the world isn't all that diverse; The ability to fly on Latios and dive underwater with Ludicolo helped the world feel more real. And while the hidden bases weren't the most amazing thing ever, me and my friends got a kick out of antagonizing eachothers bases.

Haruka
Rayman 2

Post by Haruka » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:55 am

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/0 ... mpionships

It is hard to believe how there are really ill people out there, it boils my blood. A person is not even safe in a gaming tournment for all kinds of audience where people just want to have fun, for god's sake ._. !

I am glad players that noticed the post alerted the police, everyone managed to avoid a big tragedy that could have had a massive negative impact in the franchise and in the social media.

OCG
Roméo Patti
Tings: 9820

Post by OCG » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:12 pm

I hope the two of them spend a lot of time in jail. People like them are a danger to society.
I see video of one of the two guys (skip to 3:10):

Ultimate proof how looks can trick. He does not look at all like a terrorist but ah well. We all must always be careful. Who knows what thoughts are in his rotten brain.
Image [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter] [DeviantART]

[Skype: アンドリヤ (OCG)] [Xbox Live: OldClassicGamer] [PSN: OldClassicGamer] [Steam: OldClassicGamer] [Nintendo Network ID: OldClassicGamer] [3DS FC: 0275-8128-3030]

Thank Mr. Skeltal Image

Bradandez
Globox
Tings: 137530

Post by Bradandez » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:16 pm

Such horrible news, but I'm glad such an attack was prevented.

Eren
Bzzit
Tings: 24193

Post by Eren » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:21 pm

Those motherfuckers should rot in jail, thank god the players noticed the posts, or it would've been a terrible tragedy
SIG UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Image Image
Steam Profile Youtube Account

Dart
Aglagl

Post by Dart » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:27 pm

heard about this, and it's quite disheartening. But at the same time, its not like we can simply control human instability, so it's nice to know the situation was prevented.

Henchman1028
Razoff
Tings: 7491

Post by Henchman1028 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:34 am

This is why the next time there is a Pokemon World Tournament, it should be in Canada, Europe (Though the number of shootings there has increased in recent months, so it might not be too safe there either, but is probably still safer than the US), or Japan instead of the US.