General Pokémon Thread

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

Haruka
Rayman 2
Location: Earth: Occidental Lusitanian strand ; Glade of Dreams: Deep in the forests
Tings: 178660

Re: General Pokémon Thread

Postby Haruka » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:57 pm

I am disappointed how they made it hard to grind once you beat the Elite 4 when in previous gen you had much quicker ways to level up Pokémon. The game itself was fun, but I hope they bring improvements in Ultra Sun.

Does anyone here plays the Online game of Pokémon Trading Card? I wished I knew about this software before, it feels surreal now that I can play this on the internet!
Waiting for a new 3D title since 2003... Until there, fallen in a long nap...

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 396410

Postby Master » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:21 pm

I've made further progress in Pokemon Moon, and I've found it enjoyable for the most part, but it feels a bit...bare. I dunno if it's because of the change from the overhead blocky game world to a more natural and organic game world, but it doesn't have the same bustle.

Slightly related, I was browsing Reddit, and I found this interesting write-up on the features that have been removed over the generations of Pokemon: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/commen ... e_pokemon/

Serza5
Bad Rayman
Tings: 480590

Postby Serza5 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:41 pm

It never occured to me how much stuff was removed in Gen 6 given that I am rather fond of the new stuff it brought. Even so I do think the past 2 generations have been overall bad with it's features. Gen 7 especially has some of the flat out worst i've seen in any pokemon game especially (as that guy said) with the online stuff and how there's little to nothing to do post game and what is there is mostly frustrating to work with. We can only pray that ultra sumo can at least add some good things to this.
Words of Wisdom :
Master wrote:< can't compete with Serz, her power level is too great.

Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant:

Pirez
Ly
Tings: 99620

Postby Pirez » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:56 am

Right now I want to believe that ultra-sumo will be the proper version of sumo. Properly optimized and correctly balanced.

Also, stop with the fucking handholding. Sumo was supposed to be open-world, but your Rotomdex dragged you by the nose all fucking game.

Haruka
Rayman 2
Location: Earth: Occidental Lusitanian strand ; Glade of Dreams: Deep in the forests

Postby Haruka » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:01 pm

Serza5 wrote:It never occured to me how much stuff was removed in Gen 6 given that I am rather fond of the new stuff it brought. Even so I do think the past 2 generations have been overall bad with it's features. Gen 7 especially has some of the flat out worst i've seen in any pokemon game especially (as that guy said) with the online stuff and how there's little to nothing to do post game and what is there is mostly frustrating to work with. We can only pray that ultra sumo can at least add some good things to this.

I really dislike how they did not implement anything that works similar to the XY's restaurants and the Secret Bases of ORAS as these were really helpful ways to grind quickly your team especially when you are interested in filling up the Pokédexes. In SuMo it is much more limited, it makes me feel like I'm playing the first gens where you could only grind through Elite 4: tedious and slow. That's why I had to open my AS box again, take off the cartridge and going back to egg hatching and grinding to send everything to Pokémon Bank. I do hope Ultra solves those problems as I was not expecting to return to Gen 6 to do these things.

Serza5
Bad Rayman

Postby Serza5 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:26 pm

That as well. Gen 6 had so many features (intentional or otherwise) that made breeding & training for competitive pokemon so much easier which I believe is what they went for with that so it's beyond me why they took an almost u-turn with those features in SuMo. The only thing they tried to introduce with that is the bottle cap feature which is just as stupidly heavy grinding just to get them you'd may as well just breed on IVs.

At this point I believe SuMo tried too hard to focus on it's story that it's main features fell flat and I agree with this one person I saw say that features should come first for something like Pokemon because as much as Gen 6 didn't leave much inpact story wise it at least had a meta game i'd happily spend hours on (I believe my OR game for example clocked 101 hours for instance) as opposed to SuMo which had a good story but nothing much to do that's fun.
Words of Wisdom :

Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant:

Haruka
Rayman 2

Postby Haruka » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:28 pm

Random question: does anyone still has got real Pokémon cards? Would be curious to be what you guys have :).

Ambidextroid
Jano
Tings: 81650

Postby Ambidextroid » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:42 pm

I have a whole binbag completely full of my brothers' old Pokemon cards, I'm sure a lot of them are common but apparently there are a few rare ones in there

Haruka
Rayman 2

Postby Haruka » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:48 pm

I intend to finish few collections of mine in a gradual pace, but I am giving priority to older cards first.

Serza5
Bad Rayman

Postby Serza5 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:35 pm

With Ninty Direct coming out soon let's cover what's been leaked by Corocoro and will most likely be the feature of the USUM section of the direct, assuming we are getting one.

Firstly we have confirmation that the legendary mascots are fusions between Necrozma and the original legendary mascots, ala BW2 style. The current names for these seem to be "Necrozma Mane of Twilight" & "Necrozma Wings of Dawn" and the only other noted piece of info is that these forms give Necrozma the signature moves of the respective legendary.

Second is that Lyancroc is going to receive a special z move which activates if the Lyancroc knows stone edge. Similary it's confirmed that event distributed Rockruff which knows the ability own tempo are the only ones that can evolve into the new dusk form at around 5 pm.

Lastly is not important to most of you given it's a Japanese exclusive pre-order but those come with a shiny Silvally.
Words of Wisdom :

Master
Rayman Origins

Postby Master » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:39 pm

Hmm, I did have a feeling it'd be fusions, but it's nice to get confirmation.

In honesty, my main point of interest is whether they've refined the game to perform better, and if they've brought back some of the more core features they dropped, such as the National Dex. It'd be nice if they also brought back triple battles, but I don't think they're quite as big a must for me personally.

Serza5
Bad Rayman

Postby Serza5 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:01 pm

On the one hand the direction it seems to be going in very much points to a straight up BW2 like scenario but on the other hand it still feels like we don't know what they're going to do, mostly in terms of story in particular since we still don't know how new this game is going to turn out. The legendaries at least seem to apply that there will be a different turn of events but this could easily be a "3rd version" style story as opposed to the "Sequel" story.
Words of Wisdom :

Master
Rayman Origins

Postby Master » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:16 am

So, apparently that Detective Pikachu film is still in the works, and Ryan Reynolds will be the voice of Pikachu.

Return to “Off Topic”