General Pokémon Thread

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

Serza5
Bad Rayman
Tings: 486315

Re: General Pokémon Thread

Post by Serza5 »

Thanks Hood, now i'm going to be severely disappointed if the "Z" pokemon isn't a zebra.
Words of Wisdom :
Master wrote:< can't compete with Serz, her power level is too great.
Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant:
Hoodlum1
Deadman
Tings: 5940

Post by Hoodlum1 »

Haha no worries any bets it could be a goldfish :shock:
Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 404185

Post by Master »

Given that the legendary Pokemon we've seen seem to have shapes which resemble the version symbols, I'm curious as to what Mr. Z will look like.
Hoodlum1
Deadman

Post by Hoodlum1 »

Anyone seen this? It might not be true but its very interesting...
http://www.screwattack.com/news/rumour- ... tails-leak
Serza5
Bad Rayman

Post by Serza5 »

2 villain teams? Not sure what to think of this given the fact the legendaries supposedly represent North and South, sounds like the villains are conflicting clans.

Can't say much else other than if Fennekin line is Egyptian inspired then I hope it's a Fire/Ground, that is of course assuming this stuff is true (Not going to talk about the other "new" pokemon until pictures are leaked).
Words of Wisdom :
Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant:
Hoodlum1
Deadman

Post by Hoodlum1 »

I have a feeling fennekin is a fire/psychic type because on the trailer it looked like he used a psychic-type move which would make sense to be egyptian inspired too.
Bzzit
Bzzit
Tings: 24529

Post by Bzzit »

I think that Froakie will be the psychic one hence the whole wizard thing. Unless they do something stupid like make a new type called "magic" or "arcane" :confus:
Rayman is the best man
Serza5
Bad Rayman

Post by Serza5 »

Aye what Bzz said, I think it'd be Fire/Ground if it's Egyptian (Likewise Water/Psychic for Froakie because of the wizard thing and Grass/Fighting for Chespin).

Personally i'd like them to be Fire/Psychic, Water/Fighting and Grass/Dark, it'd give them an even type coverage and a Water/Fighting starter would be sweet.
Words of Wisdom :
Keane
Big Mama
Tings: 145077

Post by Keane »

I think I might pick this game up but I haven't been following the series since Diamond/Pearl. Is it better if I play the games in between first?
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
Serza5
Bad Rayman

Post by Serza5 »

Not unless there's one you really really want to play. I would recommend getting the installments but if you're not too bothered with them then there's no reason to get them. :P Especially if you're needing money to get this new one.
Words of Wisdom :
Bzzit
Bzzit

Post by Bzzit »

If you can find black or white at a reasonable price id defiantly check one out, I loved the challenge ad feel of that generation, I also liked alot of the pokemon despite most people ive come across saying the polar opposite. I mean how can you not find Eelektross, Scrafty or Excadrill sexy :tssk:
Rayman is the best man
Serza5
Bad Rayman

Post by Serza5 »

Elektross is a pretty sweet pokemon in terms of type and ability but otherwise it's an ugly fuck. But I do agree that there are good Gen 5 pokemon like there are shitty Gen 1 pokemon.

As for Black/White the only real thing I liked about it was the different storyline (As in the game doesn't official end with the champion, not like Alder was worth it *ahem*), but Black/White 2 I feel is much superior with everything else basically but especially the fact it added lots more new and better features as well as characters.

I'd also recommend going for Platinum for Gen 4, never tried it myself but from what I hear it's far superior to Diamond/Pearl and is a title I wouldn't mind trying out because of that.
Words of Wisdom :
Hoodlum1
Deadman

Post by Hoodlum1 »

And the Z pokemon could be a golden fish :shock: i could be right!!
Bzzit
Bzzit

Post by Bzzit »

Platinum is great and all but the only downside for me is the still images of the sprites, alot of them are in lame stances or awkward positions but other that that its swell. Also i heard the Z pokemon is going to be some kind of snake because its based off some myth with the Deer, bird and snake (cant remember where I saw this though) I didn't bother with b and w 2 since I told myself I would wait till they one day make a generation with cel shaded 3D graphics, I wasn't expecting it this soon at all so im real hyped for this gen.
Rayman is the best man
Serza5
Bad Rayman

Post by Serza5 »

I would highly recommend Black/White 2, maybe not at full retail price but I wouldn't miss it if you enjoyed 1 :P

As for Pokemon Z maybe it could be a water snake? Like Rayquazza only water type instead of flying. :fou:
Words of Wisdom :
Bzzit
Bzzit

Post by Bzzit »

Ive heard people claiming they are the best in the series and alot of people in my college class have been playing lately. Also yes a water snake would be a nice break from all this space, time and god Pokemon shenanigans :P and would make sense with land,sky and sea!
Rayman is the best man
Davoc
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by Davoc »

Have you seen this yet? Sorry for large page stretch, I don't know how to hide walls of text.
This information was sent to me from a correspondent in Japan, who has obtained early information on what the next issue of CoroCoro will obtain, which focuses on Movie 16. This is a transcript of the information he provided me with.

First off, CoroCoro this issue mainly focuses on the star of Movie 16 alongside Genesect, the Superman Pokemon "Duskaman". Duskaman is the romanized name that appears in CoroCoro (and will probably be similar to the English name like previous stars), and its raw Japanese name is Dasukaman (ダスカマン). Here is the information CoroCoro provides:

Species: "Superman" (Choujin ちょうじん) Pokemon.
Type: Dark/Fighting
Height: 1.9m
Weight: 78.4kg

My correspondent describes it looking very humanoid, with its main stream-lined body being mostly black apart from its white face, white hands, and white feet, and the front of its chest which has a red circle on its chest and another red crescent below it. It has horns on its head which fold back in a "V" shape, and it has a red Mohawk that comes from the back of its head and crosses between the horns and sticks out in the front. It has rather dull looking eyes, semi-circles with little black pupils in them. Finally, it has two red streamers coming from its back that resembles a scarf, but another picture of Duskaman shows that they can transform into wings.

There is the official Sugimori Art included, showing it striking a "Henshin"-style pose, and pictures of it drawn in anime form, including one showing how its scarf transforms into wings. There is also artwork showing it in winged-form flying away from the Genesect Army, as well as Ash and Iris riding Charizard and Dragonite and battling alongside him. CoroCoro talks about how Duskaman is the "night savior of the city", and appears in a flash of crimson red to battle against the leader of the Genesect. There seems to be a connection between the two Pokemon as they're both described as being crimson red. The new title is roughly "The Extreme Speed Genesect X Superman Duskaman (神速のゲノセクトX超人ダスカマン). The X is actually shining blue, resembling the Pokemon X logo, interestingly enough, while Genesect and Duskaman's names are colored red.

Next issue promises more information on the film, and hints at revealing another Pokemon (unknown if it's in the Movie, the Mini-Movie, or X/Y).

In terms of X/Y information, this issue is very sparse apart from showing the official artwork of the male and female protagonists, and some more screen-shots of them walking around the Paris-styled town, including visiting what appears to be a museum, standing atop the Eiffel Tower-like structure showing a nice view of the of the region, and walking alongside a beach. There's also a look at the new battle screen, which shows that the HP Bars now appear on the bottom screen with little Boxsprites of the Pokemon next to them, and there's two new buttons available as well on the menu which is "Call" and "P-Link", although it doesn't explain what these functions are for yet. There are a few battle pictures of the Starters battling, and also shows that Spoink and Paras are in.
Serza5
Bad Rayman

Post by Serza5 »

Duskuman sounds like a Digimon- But it certainly sounds interesting, like it's Pokemon "V" and that it could evolve into "W" or even have a female counterpart being "U".

It's type sounded nice until I found out there was already pokemon with that type and oh dear those type disadvantages.
Words of Wisdom :
Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Fight and Flying. Oops!
ikke471
Antitoon
Location: Who knows? Did you check your closet? I would If I were you...
Tings: 0

Post by ikke471 »