General Pokémon Thread

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Re: General Pokémon Thread

Post by Haruka »

I am disappointed how they made it hard to grind once you beat the Elite 4 when in previous gen you had much quicker ways to level up Pokémon. The game itself was fun, but I hope they bring improvements in Ultra Sun.

Does anyone here plays the Online game of Pokémon Trading Card? I wished I knew about this software before, it feels surreal now that I can play this on the internet!
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

I've made further progress in Pokemon Moon, and I've found it enjoyable for the most part, but it feels a bit...bare. I dunno if it's because of the change from the overhead blocky game world to a more natural and organic game world, but it doesn't have the same bustle.

Slightly related, I was browsing Reddit, and I found this interesting write-up on the features that have been removed over the generations of Pokemon: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/commen ... e_pokemon/
Serza5
Mr Dark
Tings: 486315

Post by Serza5 »

It never occured to me how much stuff was removed in Gen 6 given that I am rather fond of the new stuff it brought. Even so I do think the past 2 generations have been overall bad with it's features. Gen 7 especially has some of the flat out worst i've seen in any pokemon game especially (as that guy said) with the online stuff and how there's little to nothing to do post game and what is there is mostly frustrating to work with. We can only pray that ultra sumo can at least add some good things to this.
Words of Wisdom :
Master wrote:< can't compete with Serz, her power level is too great.
Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant:
Pirez
Globox
Tings: 98075

Post by Pirez »

Right now I want to believe that ultra-sumo will be the proper version of sumo. Properly optimized and correctly balanced.

Also, stop with the fucking handholding. Sumo was supposed to be open-world, but your Rotomdex dragged you by the nose all fucking game.
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Serza5 wrote:It never occured to me how much stuff was removed in Gen 6 given that I am rather fond of the new stuff it brought. Even so I do think the past 2 generations have been overall bad with it's features. Gen 7 especially has some of the flat out worst i've seen in any pokemon game especially (as that guy said) with the online stuff and how there's little to nothing to do post game and what is there is mostly frustrating to work with. We can only pray that ultra sumo can at least add some good things to this.
I really dislike how they did not implement anything that works similar to the XY's restaurants and the Secret Bases of ORAS as these were really helpful ways to grind quickly your team especially when you are interested in filling up the Pokédexes. In SuMo it is much more limited, it makes me feel like I'm playing the first gens where you could only grind through Elite 4: tedious and slow. That's why I had to open my AS box again, take off the cartridge and going back to egg hatching and grinding to send everything to Pokémon Bank. I do hope Ultra solves those problems as I was not expecting to return to Gen 6 to do these things.
Serza5
Mr Dark

Post by Serza5 »

That as well. Gen 6 had so many features (intentional or otherwise) that made breeding & training for competitive pokemon so much easier which I believe is what they went for with that so it's beyond me why they took an almost u-turn with those features in SuMo. The only thing they tried to introduce with that is the bottle cap feature which is just as stupidly heavy grinding just to get them you'd may as well just breed on IVs.

At this point I believe SuMo tried too hard to focus on it's story that it's main features fell flat and I agree with this one person I saw say that features should come first for something like Pokemon because as much as Gen 6 didn't leave much inpact story wise it at least had a meta game i'd happily spend hours on (I believe my OR game for example clocked 101 hours for instance) as opposed to SuMo which had a good story but nothing much to do that's fun.
Words of Wisdom :
Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant:
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Random question: does anyone still has got real Pokémon cards? Would be curious to be what you guys have :).
Ambidextroid
Mini Jano
Tings: 675

Post by Ambidextroid »

I have a whole binbag completely full of my brothers' old Pokemon cards, I'm sure a lot of them are common but apparently there are a few rare ones in there
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

I intend to finish few collections of mine in a gradual pace, but I am giving priority to older cards first.
Serza5
Mr Dark

Post by Serza5 »

With Ninty Direct coming out soon let's cover what's been leaked by Corocoro and will most likely be the feature of the USUM section of the direct, assuming we are getting one.

Firstly we have confirmation that the legendary mascots are fusions between Necrozma and the original legendary mascots, ala BW2 style. The current names for these seem to be "Necrozma Mane of Twilight" & "Necrozma Wings of Dawn" and the only other noted piece of info is that these forms give Necrozma the signature moves of the respective legendary.

Second is that Lyancroc is going to receive a special z move which activates if the Lyancroc knows stone edge. Similary it's confirmed that event distributed Rockruff which knows the ability own tempo are the only ones that can evolve into the new dusk form at around 5 pm.

Lastly is not important to most of you given it's a Japanese exclusive pre-order but those come with a shiny Silvally.
Words of Wisdom :
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Hmm, I did have a feeling it'd be fusions, but it's nice to get confirmation.

In honesty, my main point of interest is whether they've refined the game to perform better, and if they've brought back some of the more core features they dropped, such as the National Dex. It'd be nice if they also brought back triple battles, but I don't think they're quite as big a must for me personally.
Serza5
Mr Dark

Post by Serza5 »

On the one hand the direction it seems to be going in very much points to a straight up BW2 like scenario but on the other hand it still feels like we don't know what they're going to do, mostly in terms of story in particular since we still don't know how new this game is going to turn out. The legendaries at least seem to apply that there will be a different turn of events but this could easily be a "3rd version" style story as opposed to the "Sequel" story.
Words of Wisdom :
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

So, apparently that Detective Pikachu film is still in the works, and Ryan Reynolds will be the voice of Pikachu.
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

Master wrote:So, apparently that Detective Pikachu film is still in the works, and Ryan Reynolds will be the voice of Pikachu.
Yup, but it won't be out til.....
May 2019.

As for Pokemon itself, was TOTALLY hooked on this years ago, but as in recent years (BW saga, and now this generation) I have pretty much mostly lost touch with these games and switched to the side-series. This was discussed a few months ago but has anyone tried Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon?
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

I used to love the TV series as a kid and the games were amazing. I still have the same copy of Pokémon Yellow since 1999. The label came off and I printed another and stuck it on with pritt stick years ago. It's actually still on so son't overrule pritt stick :lol:

I also love Pokémon Gold. I have Silver first as a kid because the shop only had Silver and not Gold but that disappeared. When I was 13 I got Gold but that disappeared a few years later and eventually I bought Gold again only last year.

I liked the DS Heart Gold but honestly prefer the original for nostalgic reasons. I also used to have Blue but that also went missing when I was a kid.

If you've never done glitches for Rare Candy's then you've never played Pokémon :P
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

Diamond and Pearl, along with X and Y, were definitely the best seasons in the anime for me! I took one look at the Sun and moon series and wanted to throw up. I quite like the idea the anime is going, but did you have to redraw the characters again? And of course, don't even get me STARTED on that 10-yr-old stuff! I prefer watching the anime in Japanese, since English dubs just cut out all the good stuff.

My favorite side series is definitely the Mystery Dungeon Series, you actually get to CONTROL a pokemon and they talk! The storylines are usually pretty good also, and plus it's so much easier for me to get all the pokemon without having to use cheat devices/special events, although I do understand the joy of getting rare legendary pokemon in the main series. The gameplay and the moves themselves have been steadily improving in my opinion with each new game. and I have to say that Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon could be up there onmy faves with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Sky! I hope the next of these series will be even better, though I will check in on main series from time to time.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

I remember when you could have the game completed with 150 pokemon but Mew being the extra for 151.

I also remember them trying to say you can only get Mew if you got traded him at a comic con but I beg to differ with the glitch in Pokémon Yellow which got him for me.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

That glitch was easy for me to do, and using that glitch I was able to once get EVERY SINGLE POKEMON in pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow. I also know of a glitch that can enable me to get every single Pokemon in Gold/Silver too, but I don't know if it works on Crystal and it's much harder to do, especially in Silver where a CERTAIN pokemon requires more than just the right moves.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

I used to do the exploit in blue where you talk to the guy to show you how to catch pokémon, then fly to Cinnebar Island and swim until you see MISSINGNO. and then it clones your 6th item in your inventory. Ah childhood memories.

When I was 13 then I found out about the cloning in Gold where you turn off the Game Boy as it's saving after changing the Pokémon box.

The Jonster
Joe

Post by The Jonster »

I know about that one too, but it's not the one I'm talking about. I'm talking about the Celebi Egg Glitch.