Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Henchman1000
Fantasnip
Tings: 1280

Re: Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

Post by Henchman1000 »

Small thing I've been bottling up for a while.

Last year I befriended a bunch of people in a Discord server I joined and everything was perfectly fine. I and few people had trouble with a very toxic individual who started to accuse us of things we never committed just to cause us trouble and during that period I was invited to a "friend"'s server, where I befriended other new people. I put quotes on the term friend because I never considered said person as such, just a mere acquaintance I later ditched for the following reasons I'm going to list.

The server was strictly focused on arts, softwares, advices and especially vent and there a person started to show an immediate interest for my artwork. Innocent at first, their manner towards me put me off as they acted like a sort of simp and even dared to call me "cute names" without asking me if I was comfortable with that, even during a correction they made because I said something they strongly disagreed with. The person also dared to copy a drawing of mine for a "gift" for me.
Besides that, they were generically a very angry person to deal with in the server; if you said something they didn't like, including venting in specific context, they would put the blame on the person to a point of traumatising it. Despite people contacted my "friend", being the owner of the server, to warn about this individual, nothing was done against them. Also, I forgot to say this person was a moderator.
After leaving their server at some point and contacting this troubled person for unrelated matters, they blocked me with the fear that "I was going to do sinister things to them" out of nowhere, blaming me and acting like a victim.

Few months later I got news that a drama in that server happened shortly after I left, where my "friend" and their angry friend were involved and I was told negative things about the latter. For that I ditched this "friend" due to associations (besides some red flags I noticed in their behaviour like using me to vent about things from the past, noticing that I was still friend with their former friend and sharing a pirated software I never asked).

Just not too long ago this troubled person got outed as a pedophile and rapist (with given proofs) and I and a group of trusted people were shocked. When I tried to contact the "friend" about that person they took their defences instead of taking distances and accused me of being naive about real problems and that "they were also a victim of misinformation" and telling me that "I disappointed them", blocking me and making some mockery post about our situation. Who the fuck does anyone tell you that you disappointed them for simply warning about a predator being their friend?!
Shortly after I was contacted by their former friends who told me their side of the story and, to make things short, I was acquainted with manipulative abusers who literally started a witch hunt against their former friends out of spite, causing 4 people to become suicidal.

I admit I'm still beyond furious and digusted for all this, being called names because I didn't bend a knee in front of this person, plus they never cared about anyone but themselves ("I'm the victim here, others are meanies to meeee!") and even demanded gift pics from others during their depression. In retrospect I'm glad I met them so I know how fucked up they are and I ditched from them in time.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

Sorry to hear that, sounds like a painful experience. I've heard of so much drama happening on Discord in the past few years, no wonder I'm sticking to forums. :mrgreen:
Henchman1000
Fantasnip

Post by Henchman1000 »

Hunchman801 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:23 pm Sorry to hear that, sounds like a painful experience. I've heard of so much drama happening on Discord in the past few years, no wonder I'm sticking to forums. :mrgreen:
Thank you kindly.
Yeah, I always heard about toxicity in some Discord servers, but I always stuck with friends' ones. I can say this art server, the first one of this category I personally joined, was pretty toxic as the founder and mods were biased people who boasted their art because they had this narcissistic attitude (despite their "art" is relatively shit) and expected others to follow their suggestions (more like obliged them to do so), but God forbids you to give them criticism. Also, misunderstanding was frequent and that leaded to petty dramas, the worse being mods and founder bashing minors and forcing third parties to join their cause, if not calling them "toxic people" to cover their own shit. Hypocrisy and self projection at its finest.
I should have left it much earlier.

But to be honest, I'm getting tired of Discord as a whole, I'm planning to leave it permanently because fuck it, but I have few exclusive contacts there though. Still evaluating the idea though.

And wise choice from you. ;)
Rayman Pirate Community is one of the best forums I've ever joined and glad it's still up after 17 years. 👍
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Sorry to hear about all that Hunchman. But thank you for your kind words about this place!
Hunchman801 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:23 pm Sorry to hear that, sounds like a painful experience. I've heard of so much drama happening on Discord in the past few years, no wonder I'm sticking to forums. :mrgreen:
QFT :hap:
Henchman1000
Fantasnip

Post by Henchman1000 »

PluMGMK wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:57 pm Sorry to hear about all that Hunchman. But thank you for your kind words about this place!
QFT :hap:
Thank you kindly and you're welcome!
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

I've seen and even been involved in Discord and Twitter stuff in the past where I did stupid things I shouldn't have that I regret. All I've learned is that I don't like bothering/upsetting people, even just being impulsive then realising later that I shouldn't have said x or y. I also discovered that drama is literally just stress that could be avoided while I use up my own free time. You'll always see drama from some point on the likes of Twitter though, that's what a lot of people seem to enjoy on social media, arguments and whatnot.

Anyway, my point is that drama is just annoying to everyone, including the instigator. In an ideal world, it would be nice if everyone was able to get along and not be hateful, but unfortunately, that can never happen. If it could, a person could make up for their wrongdoings or mistakes instead of being ridiculed for it, even if they're trying.
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687
Henchman1000
Fantasnip

Post by Henchman1000 »

Steo wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:41 pm I've seen and even been involved in Discord and Twitter stuff in the past where I did stupid things I shouldn't have that I regret. All I've learned is that I don't like bothering/upsetting people, even just being impulsive then realising later that I shouldn't have said x or y. I also discovered that drama is literally just stress that could be avoided while I use up my own free time. You'll always see drama from some point on the likes of Twitter though, that's what a lot of people seem to enjoy on social media, arguments and whatnot.

Anyway, my point is that drama is just annoying to everyone, including the instigator. In an ideal world, it would be nice if everyone was able to get along and not be hateful, but unfortunately, that can never happen. If it could, a person could make up for their wrongdoings or mistakes instead of being ridiculed for it, even if they're trying.
All this, couldn't agree more.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Henchman1000 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:16 pm Rayman Pirate Community is one of the best forums I've ever joined and glad it's still up after 17 years. 👍
Yeah, thanks for the kind words, it's not always easy but we try our best!
PluMGMK wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:57 pm Sorry to hear about all that Hunchman. But thank you for your kind words about this place!
Are Henchman and I the same person now? :confus:
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Yeah, I obviously got mixed up because of that time I compared Henchman's name with that of your alt account. :confus:
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

Well it was the devs faults for messing up the name in the game files, none of yours. :P
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

I must admit this has led to a lot of confusion, however this is also an opportunity to distinguish ourselves from each other. :mrgreen:
MortisDoors
Créature
Tings: 310

Post by MortisDoors »

I got disowned a week ago for wanting a break and i got sent over 2 thousands miles away and a couple of days ago i got a phone call saying i could come back because things had changed. I got back today and turns out nothing changed and I'm currently being threatened into being kicked out again. I made a big mistake coming back and I'll probably get thrown out tomorrow.
Indy
Crapaud blindé
Location: Echoing Caves and my work department in a corner of my house.
Tings: 15801

Post by Indy »

I've been bottling this up for what seems to be for a year now, and I'm tired of this toxicity that keeps popping up in my social medias.

I believe that everyone deserves the right to think independently, to express their opinions individually, and to believe in whatever they want to believe as long as no one's life, or health in this case, is affected by one's belief.

Freedom of speech is taken too literally these days. Assholes have been abusing it because they want to be assholes for the sake of it. I'm talking racists, misogynists/misandrists, homophobes, transphobes, and now FUCKING anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers.

If you think your opinion matters more at the very expense of somebody's compromised health, then more power to you. Soon you won't have any friends or family anymore because they DIED for your 'freedom of speech'. When my brother was infected with COVID-19 thanks to his irresponsible co-worker, we all thought he just had the flu and nothing serious, but no, cut to the next test for the conclusion; He tested positive for the virus, and then my dad had it when he was next to be tested. Bear in mind: My dad is high risk, he could have died if it weren't for the medication he was (thankfully) still under the effect of. (He takes medication for his irritable intestines) Did I ever mention that one time he got bit by a tick? Also pure luck thanks to his medicine.

Call me a sheep if you want, but me and my family are vaccinated for a reason. We are vaccinated not because others were doing it, or we wanted to be cogs in the system, we are vaccinated so we can go back to work, start our lives over, and see our friends and family again. Plus, I have enough dead people on my conscience. (Two of them were teen suicides that I feel responsible for even if I wasn't the one who caused them. This is something I have to discuss at some point, but right now I have other priorities)
PSN: Toxic_Dragon_96
Twitter: DeltaVelocity
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Well in this case, it's not so much about your brother's colleague's freedom of speech, but about their irresponsible actions, which are a lot more dangerous than their words could ever be. I don't think freedom of speech has ever killed anyone, and it's actually essential as it gives us the opportunity to debunk false claims. Aside from expressing hateful opinions, I don't think there's even such a thing as abusing freedom of speech: at worst, it's just being plain wrong, really.
Steo
Globox

Post by Steo »

Sometimes people just can't accept opinions, I've even seen people get really mad over opinions on little things as simple as games. If people can argue over an opinion over a game, they can argue over anything.

PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Man, you should have been on RaymanZone in 2009…
Indy
Crapaud blindé
Location: Echoing Caves and my work department in a corner of my house.
Tings: 15801

Post by Indy »

I read the shit that went down there, and ho boy am I glad I wasn't a member there. I used to visit the site for latest updates right up until the release of Rayman Raving Rabbids 2. (Like, just reading what's on the main page) Funny enough, I was older than YouTube. The VERY FIRST Youtube video I ever watched was one of the Gamescon Rabbids clips.
PSN: Toxic_Dragon_96
Twitter: DeltaVelocity
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Yeah, the first time I heard of YouTube was also with one of the RRR trailers!
gamerz31w
Ptizêtre Vert
Tings: 1365

Post by gamerz31w »

Why I can't login to another Discordapp account? It's secured by two authentication verification. Due to in case of (possibly corporate fake pranks?)hackers computer virtual,digital infection cyberattack(terrorism).
It seems something is wrong with my Apple iPhone hardware modern,innovative smartphone. I tried anyway. It seems someone is trying to lawsuit me maybe for instance as an example CCP,People Can Fly,Epic Games,Sega,Sonic Team,Devil's Details,Ryu Gouka Studios,Sega Sammy,Sega Hardlight,Galaxy Software or Tencent. Someone or even somebody else tried to mimic,impersonate as myself.
I still have ransomware,phishing in digital cloud Microsoft One Drive suspicious files .vpsh extension format.
Paying them,him or her for what? I'm not a naive person to be honest with you guys and gals.
Some Discordapp bots kickbanned me automatically. Could it be how computer piracy looks like nowadays,these days? Did old unofficial,open source fangame Sonic 2 HD really had a keylogger or Sonic Retro Forum members are paranoid hypocrites?
Was once my IP adress blacklisted in this very forum digitally?
By the way what happened with this forum is it dead for good?
I’ve got vaccinated in the past but not in the present in the future for tuberculosis before Q Anon created COVID-19 very dark conspiracy theories including for instance as an example bull Man,mel gibson,alex jones,Johnny depp,jim carrey…etc.
Attachments
CB79A62C-C38E-4D10-B697-D1DA5538AA2F.png
CB79A62C-C38E-4D10-B697-D1DA5538AA2F.png (268.15 KiB) Viewed 1096 times
uKk4Tis.jpg
uKk4Tis.jpg (224.28 KiB) Viewed 1096 times
Capture222.png
Capture222.png (65.56 KiB) Viewed 1085 times
Capture221.png
Capture221.png (134.15 KiB) Viewed 1085 times