Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

R4Y_ANC3L
Oumbr
Posts: 8625
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:14 pm
Location: Halogen Highway
Tings: 58815

Re: Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

Post by R4Y_ANC3L » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:21 pm

This is my last thought for the day.

I don't just take apologies very much in real life. I care mostly about the actions where people actually do something about a particular thing to improve from their mistakes.

That speaks louder to me and maybe even to more people.
Image
Image
Image
LOVΣ MΣTΛL wrote:< definitly finds R4Y more frightening than Fifo's posts.
Greeness wrote:< wonders if being sexually attracted towards a cartoon character has a name.

Hoodcom
Bad Rayman
Posts: 37348
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:32 pm
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Contact:
Tings: 493940

Re: Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

Post by Hoodcom » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:24 pm

Fifo wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:12 pm
I know. It’s better than acting innocent/ignoring it though.

I DIDN’T apologize JUST to get it off my back. Why do you think that is the case? I DO LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES.
... okay so if you learn from your mistakes why are you lashing out again when someone explained why it looks fishy?

I never said you didn't, I simply explained what it looks like.

Aaron
Froutch
Posts: 7514
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:55 pm
Location: The Bog of Murk, eating a Mars bar
Tings: 62348

Re: Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

Post by Aaron » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:27 pm

Like many others said, I'm tired of your behaviour and while I know you didn't do anything bad to me, I'm tired of seeing you treating others unfairly while you want to get respect, and then apologising for it. I perfectly agree with Hoodcom.

Also, it might've just sounded like I was being a bit of an arsehole there, but I couldn't point it out in another way. If you say you learn from your mistakes, then prove it by being nice once and trying to help yourself. I mean, everyone has mistakes and everyone can be a bit of an arsehole or might sound like one at times, but I, as others, want to see a change.
Image

Steo
Globox Origins
Posts: 26248
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: na Corcaí Buafacha
Tings: 179900

Re: Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

Post by Steo » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:30 pm

This is the "crying wolf" scenario I have mentioned here months ago, it's literally exactly that. It's not an apology people want, it's to see you better yourself and start acting like a responsible mature person, especially for an adult. You can apologise and have people say it's ok, but then you'll just likely go do the same thing over and over again, making it look like the apology meant absolutely nothing whatsoever, hence "crying wolf".

I'm not saying this stuff because I hate you or want to lash out at you, I'm saying it because your behaviour is actually very concerning at times, to the point where it actually worries me. You need to get over this childish behaviour, the sooner the better. Sometimes it's hard to tell whether you're just doing this stuff on purpose or whether you genuinely can't help it. If it's the former which it "looks like", then I really hope to see a new Fifo some day, though if it's the latter, then I really think you need help. :|
How much Ray may a Rayman man if a Rayman may Man Ray?
Image
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 82628 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 86068 | HH: 95088 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 779362

Fifo
Moskito
Posts: 8699
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:08 pm
Location: rm –rf /*
Tings: 24670

Re: Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

Post by Fifo » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:36 pm

Hoodcom wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:24 pm
... okay so if you learn from your mistakes why are you lashing out again when someone explained why it looks fishy?

I never said you didn't, I simply explained what it looks like.
I DON’T KNOW HOW ELSE TO REACT TO THIS.

Why’s everything I say being judged!? I’M DOING EVERY-F’ING-THING I CAN. I AM DOING MY BEST TO SATISFY YOU ALL/EXPLAIN MY BEHAVIOR.

Would you be happy if I had died? In a cruel way? Yes?

~~~~~~

I guess the best option would be to:
— ignore any undesired/uncalled-for behavior towards me
— avoid lashing out at people when things don’t go as you expect
— handle any negativity received in a calm way
— STAY CALM AT ALL TIMES
— don’t argue/judge people badly

What do you think? Anything that could be added to/removed from that list?

Aaron
Froutch
Posts: 7514
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:55 pm
Location: The Bog of Murk, eating a Mars bar
Tings: 62348

Re: Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

Post by Aaron » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:50 pm

Alright, from my last post it might've sounded like I was kind of harsh and tried to get my point across in a bad way, and I'm actually sorry about that.

But still, just as I said, first of all, before you do anything, try to see if you can fix things yourself and if it's something like finding a rare game on sites like Ebay etc. still try to search for it, because you never know. But if it's something that you know for sure you can't fix, try to calm down first and ask people nicely about it if they can help. But if you ask people about it in a demanding way first, do the same thing over and over again, and only then ask nicely about it, they'll get concerned about it. Also, again, like many others said, don't pull the victim card too often as that could set off some red flags too. They have to see a genuine apology from you.
Last edited by Aaron on Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image

Hoodcom
Bad Rayman
Posts: 37348
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:32 pm
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Contact:
Tings: 493940

Re: Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

Post by Hoodcom » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:51 pm

Fifo wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:36 pm
Hoodcom wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:24 pm
... okay so if you learn from your mistakes why are you lashing out again when someone explained why it looks fishy?

I never said you didn't, I simply explained what it looks like.
I DON’T KNOW HOW ELSE TO REACT TO THIS.

Why’s everything I say being judged!? I’M DOING EVERY-F’ING-THING I CAN. I AM DOING MY BEST TO SATISFY YOU ALL/EXPLAIN MY BEHAVIOR.

Would you be happy if I had died? In a cruel way? Yes?

~~~~~~

I guess the best option would be to:
— ignore any undesired/uncalled-for behavior towards me
— avoid lashing out at people when things don’t go as you expect
— handle any negativity received in a calm way
— STAY CALM AT ALL TIMES
— don’t argue/judge people badly

What do you think? Anything that could be added to/removed from that list?
First, all caps rants like that just isn't a good look, especially since it makes you appear to be yelling all the time. This isn't a way to win any favors, let alone anyone believing you to be sincere with any apologies.

If you're truly serious about learning from your mistakes and allowing others to help, then you would step back, take a deep breath, and calmly express your feelings and possibly change the outcome. Then do what you can to just make improvements or treating others better.

Right now you're inviting people to judge you based off these rants and tweets shaming people.

No, I wouldn't be happy if you died, I'd much rather see you actually become more civilized and respectful of others and yourself.


  • Undesired/uncalled-for behavior towards you greatly depends on how you behave towards others.
  • Lashing out at people just because things didn't go the way you wanted it to is just what lands you in hot water to begin with. Refer to the first one.
  • First step would be to stop being negative, then there may be a lot less negativity received. Though regardless, you should always try to be the better person by not being negative back.
  • Staying calm certainly would help with any situation, I mean we can all have a civilized, and peaceful conversation with one-another.
  • That relates to the first one, after all if you want respect, then you are better of respecting others.
Plus, if you refer back to some of our previous conversations... we touch back on some of these things.

Fifo
Moskito
Posts: 8699
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:08 pm
Location: rm –rf /*
Tings: 24670

Re: Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

Post by Fifo » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:06 pm

Hoodcom wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:51 pm
First, all caps rants like that just isn't a good look, especially since it makes you appear to be yelling all the time. This isn't a way to win any favors, let alone anyone believing you to be sincere with any apologies.
Yeah, I know that was totally childish/uncalled for.
Hoodcom wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:51 pm
If you're truly serious about learning from your mistakes and allowing others to help, then you would step back, take a deep breath, and calmly express your feelings and possibly change the outcome. Then do what you can to just make improvements or treating others better.

Right now you're inviting people to judge you based off these rants and tweets shaming people.

No, I wouldn't be happy if you died, I'd much rather see you actually become more civilized and respectful of others and yourself.
I honestly appreciate these words/your advice. THIS is what I want to hear. I’ll keep that in mind.

Hoodcom wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:51 pm
Undesired/uncalled-for behavior towards you greatly depends on how you behave towards others.
Lashing out at people just because things didn't go the way you wanted it to is just what lands you in hot water to begin with. Refer to the first one.
Yes, I know that. It’s the price I pay for being an asshole to others.
Hoodcom wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:51 pm
First step would be to stop being negative, then there may be a lot less negativity received. Though regardless, you should always try to be the better person by not being negative back.
Yeah that’s unfair of me. I’ll try my best.
Hoodcom wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:51 pm
Staying calm certainly would help with any situation, I mean we can all have a civilized, and peaceful conversation with one-another.
I know that it’s actually possible even though it’s hard.
Hoodcom wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:51 pm
That relates to the first one, after all if you want respect, then you are better of respecting others.
Understood. I’ll keep that in mind.
Hoodcom wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:51 pm
Plus, if you refer back to some of our previous conversations... we touch back on some of these things.
I’ll do all I can to read and remember all that was said, even though it depresses me.

Even though it sounds harsh, I know it’s real advice making up for my stupid behavior.

(Sorry if I sound repetitive – my vocabulary’s not 100% good.)

Steo
Globox Origins
Posts: 26248
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: na Corcaí Buafacha
Tings: 179900

Re: Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

Post by Steo » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:37 pm

Fifo wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:36 pm
Would you be happy if I had died? In a cruel way? Yes?
Jesus Christ no! Someone having an anger/attitude problem would make it harder for me to be friends with them, but there's no way I'd wish death upon someone, especially not for as silly a reason as this.

Publicly shaming/slandering others really isn't a nice thing to do, especially when it's people's own parents who have raised them all their lives. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like if others shamed you, so again the treat others as you would like to be treated card comes into play here.

I can't explain this in a better way or make it any clearer than this, we just want a better behaved version of Fifo who doesn't have childish behaviour or a bad attitude. We have had genuine conversations with you in the past and you've shown how sharp you are when it comes to technology.

None of this is being said to try upset/annoy you, we do want what's best for you afterall and it'll win you more friends at the end of the day. It doesn't cost anything to be nice to others, just because someone else upset you doesn't mean you have to retaliate. Like Hoodcom said, you can just be the bigger man. Lastly, just because you can't get away with something and someone else can, that's also no reason to complain. That happens to the best of us and that's just called life.
How much Ray may a Rayman man if a Rayman may Man Ray?
Image
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 82628 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 86068 | HH: 95088 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 779362

Fifo
Moskito
Posts: 8699
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:08 pm
Location: rm –rf /*
Tings: 24670

Re: Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

Post by Fifo » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:50 pm

Steo wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:37 pm
Publicly shaming/slandering others really isn't a nice thing to do, especially when it's people's own parents who have raised them all their lives. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like if others shamed you, so again the treat others as you would like to be treated card comes into play here.
Yeah, I actually feel bad when I do that.
Steo wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:37 pm
I can't explain this in a better way or make it any clearer than this, we just want a better behaved version of Fifo who doesn't have childish behaviour or a bad attitude. We have had genuine conversations with you in the past and you've shown how sharp you are when it comes to technology.
I know I went a bit too far there :( I’ll do my best to make everyone happy
Steo wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:37 pm
None of this is being said to try upset/annoy you, we do want what's best for you afterall and it'll win you more friends at the end of the day. It doesn't cost anything to be nice to others, just because someone else upset you doesn't mean you have to retaliate. Like Hoodcom said, you can just be the bigger man. Lastly, just because you can't get away with something and someone else can, that's also no reason to complain. That happens to the best of us and that's just called life.
I understand.
Lastly, just because you can't get away with something and someone else can, that's also no reason to complain.
I’m just jealous.

Aaron
Froutch
Posts: 7514
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:55 pm
Location: The Bog of Murk, eating a Mars bar
Tings: 62348

Re: Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

Post by Aaron » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:52 pm

Heck no, no one wants that! Just be a better person, also, like Steo said in his last post, don't slander/shame people because that's really rude, and just overall follow the 'treat others how you want to be treated' rule because some things you can really regret and some things can hurl back at you which you, or basically none of the others want.

Also, I know I keep saying "like Steo said" or "how Hoodcom said" but that's just because I can't emphasize the things they say enough because they say such wise things.
Image

Steo
Globox Origins
Posts: 26248
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm
Location: na Corcaí Buafacha
Tings: 179900

Re: Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

Post by Steo » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:22 pm

Fifo wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:50 pm
I’m just jealous.
Everyone gets a little jealous, but there's definitely better ways to deal with it. People get away with a lot of things they shouldn't get away with, and if someone in real life is bothering you, try settle it with them instead of taking it out on others online.
How much Ray may a Rayman man if a Rayman may Man Ray?
Image
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 82628 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 86068 | HH: 95088 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 779362

Fifo
Moskito
Posts: 8699
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:08 pm
Location: rm –rf /*
Tings: 24670

Re: Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

Post by Fifo » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:43 pm

Steo wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:22 pm
Fifo wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:50 pm
I’m just jealous.
Everyone gets a little jealous, but there's definitely better ways to deal with it. People get away with a lot of things they shouldn't get away with, and if someone in real life is bothering you, try settle it with them instead of taking it out on others online.
Noted. Thanks.

I appreciate all the advice, guys!

The Jonster
Bétilla
Posts: 26979
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:15 am
Location: En el más largo de los atajos
Tings: 80565

Re: Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

Post by The Jonster » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:55 pm

I know it's hard to be dealt with this much criticism, as I've had this happen at least once before. But the best thing is to admit when you're wrong, and listen to everyone's advice. Running away from your problems or switching your accounts to private is not the solution. I know you're introverted, but you can trust others to help. You don't have to be afraid really. :)
Life happens. Just gotta roll with it!
Image
Steo wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 pm

^ reminds me of mixing up directions and breaking the forum. :lol:

gamerz31w
Poilu
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:35 pm
Tings: 595

Re: Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

Post by gamerz31w » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:52 pm

I heard European Parliament wants to make to pass new copyright law of article 11 and 13 much earlier when it was originally planned in fall of march this year.Do you think for instance this will affect this forum?Will internet access gonna be changed forever for example talking with people on social media inside and outside european countries.I hope that's never gonna happen.In how many states of north america net neutrality was repealed by current FCC chairman Ajit Pai with Verizon and Comcast collaboration?Two years ago he made dank(meme gags) and cringeworthy video introduction of if I'm not wrong so-called Smart Net,right?Maybe nothing is gonna happen I have mixed thoughts about it.

Maz
Murray
Posts: 696
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:21 am
Tings: 20228

Re: Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

Post by Maz » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:24 am

It shouldn't affect RPC that much even if it got approved. To my knowledge, their idea for article 11 & 13 is to use upload filters to prevent people from "stealing" others' original content. For instance, something like RayTunes could be affected if UbiSoft decided that they didn't want their music uploaded anywhere; on RPC, you don't really post articles, videos etc.

Does it affect social media? Depends on which ones. Platforms like YouTube, Instagram, TikTok or pretty much anything else where pictures/videos/music can be uploaded would obviously be affected. Things like WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter maybe not so much (not much of a social media guy myself but I hope I got the gist of the ones I mentioned, and that you get the idea).

That being said, their current idea for article 13 is literally impossible to enforce. Every platform that allows any kind of upload would have to contact literally every artist IN THE WORLD to ensure that that law can be upheld. And even then, an automatic upload filter can not distinguish between stolen content and fair use etc., meaning you would always need a person to MANUALLY review all content that didn't get past the upload filters. Even if it gets a pass, I can't see article 13 changing that much. That obviously doesn't mean you shouldn't worry about it, but in its current form, no platform that would be affected can actually match all the conditions which come along with it. At least not without violating the laws of free speech and stuff like that.

Passing it earlier from what I've heard is a "bitch move" by the parliamant to get around demonstrations. Originally, a demo was scheduled for 3 days (?) prior, so the parliament decided to just move the date forward so they wouldn't have to deal with that.
FC: 54.450 | CF: 131.900 | BOM: 100.899 | LOTLD: 122.619 | DOTK: 118.640 | LS: 43.110 | SBTC: 110.479 | HH: 120.609 | TOTL: 118.689

Total: 921.395

Raymanarenaps2
Premier Grand Mini
Posts: 627
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:42 am
Tings: 2975

Re: Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

Post by Raymanarenaps2 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:39 pm

if Article 13 passes then I believe the only safe spot people in the eu might have left on the internet would be anything that is just plain text and that clearly doesn't plagiarize on any other work. Words are actually quite a bit harder to copyright than images, Sound and Video because words are deemed to simple. If single words could be copyrighted then everyone would be getting sued. You might run into licensing issues if you straight up copy and paste an article/blog's text somewhere on the web. I know a lot of you might not want to live in an internet like that but, if for instance Rayman PC became a text only website it would be very hard for any one to fine the website for copyrighted material based on the article 13 law and in return the community will continue to live.

Basically all the images, and mp3's would have to be removed. Also any 3rd party websites that you might link to could also lead to a fine because article 11 says so.

gamerz31w
Poilu
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:35 pm
Tings: 595

Re: Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

Post by gamerz31w » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:55 am

If this new european copyright law will be officially passed for good will it somehow affect open source freeware/abandonware fangames in the future?

Raymanarenaps2
Premier Grand Mini
Posts: 627
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:42 am
Tings: 2975

Re: Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

Post by Raymanarenaps2 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:24 pm

it won't affect open source software sure. I think it would be called anti trust if an open source developer claims something is open source and then they decide to sue somebody for it so.. you'l be fine!

Fan games and "freeware" is a bit of a different story.

"Freeware" games are copyrighted material although they are free to download and play, like Fortnite and Super Mario Run. However Not all "freeware" games are legally available for free, this includes all those old classic games from old consoles we all played while growing up at some point. So be careful with this one.

Fan games are straight up illegal if not authorized by the original owner. You are taking the copyrighted characters and trademarks and making a new game under the same brand and characters that you do not have the right to do so. Fangames were already affected by today's copyrighted law as we saw with Nintendo taking action. The only exception is when something like Sonic Mania happens, where the developer (Sega) allows for it to go through.

gamerz31w
Poilu
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:35 pm
Tings: 595

Re: Something Bothering you?/Daily Doldrums

Post by gamerz31w » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:28 pm

So even if it's gonna happen will discordapp stay always open source as freeware chatting software?

Post Reply