Mafia - Mafia Wins!

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Re: Mafia - PRESEASON PREP

Post by Hunchman801 »

Cool! I'll be working on the 8th (yeah, I know it's a Sunday -_-) so let's make it a long day. :D

Anyway, the first rounds should last a couple days to make sure everyone gets the hang of it.
Ambidextroid
Mini Jano
Tings: 675

Re: Mafia - Night 0

Post by Ambidextroid »

All is peaceful in the world of sorcery as the wizards gather to perform their annual festival of magic. As Merlin and his fellow druids are showing their magical discoveries and research at the heart of the festival, nobody pays attention to one cloaked figure mixing tinctures and casting spells in a small clearing in the crowd.

With a crack of thunder and lightning, the treacherous sorcerer casts an almighty feat of black magic and opens a rift in space that connects to the demon realm. From this portal a host of evil spirits emerge with the intent of taking over the council of wizardry and claiming power over the entire world of sorcery.

The leader of these spirits is the Demon King, Asmodeus. He and his demonic cohorts have disguised themselves as magicians and are attempting to infiltrate the council of wizardry to assume ultimate power. It is the duty of the wizards to protect the realm and identify the demonic invaders before the enitre force of sorcery is wiped out forever.

Night 0 begins!

On this first night you may use any night actions other than the ones causing death. No voting happens at night. If you do not wish to use your night action, it is required that you send me a PM entitled "Night 0 - Idling". Failure to do this may result in elimination from the game.

The deadline is the 10th, at midnight (UTC).

You can only post in this topic using the mafia alias account attributed to you (if you need to ask questions about the rules, you can PM me).

Enjoy the game and good luck!
Pineapple
Créature
Tings: 340

Post by Pineapple »

I'm very surprised no one has posted here yet? Have you all forgotten that we have some demons to get rid of?!
Ping Pong
Lums Violet
Tings: 145

Post by Ping Pong »

Pineapple wrote:I'm very surprised no one has posted here yet? Have you all forgotten that we have some demons to get rid of?!
I haven't! But you're right, let's stop staring at each other warily and start communicating instead, because a lack of organisation will be the end of us!

So, what can we do? We need to unite by starting to identify the wizards we can trust. One of us is probably lucky enough to have the ability to inspect role PMs, so how about they check me out? Here's my role PM:
You are the Witch's Child, Caliban.

Always lurking somewhere, it's hard to hide something from you when you're hidden yourself.

At night, you may investigate what happened to another user, unless they died. To do this, send me a PM entitled "Night X - Investigate [USER]" and, unless something interrupts you, you will know who targeted your target the same night.

You are a wizard. It is your job to identify the demons and work with your fellow wizards to wipe them out with your daily vote to lynch somebody, and by using any powers you may have.
If all of the demons die, the wizards will win.
I can't use it tonight because nothing happened to any of us yet but I'll be sure to use it next time should anyone be targeted tonight.

If anyone else happens to know for sure the identity of another wizard (twins maybe?), by all means, please start communicating with each other too. Same if your ability allows you to find out, somehow, whether a wizard is a demon or not.

Let the demon hunt begin! :bad:
Lakitu
Bombe à hélice
Tings: 90

Post by Lakitu »

The silence at the at the start of games is nothing new, people are nervous, people don't know how to start conversations, its hard man. It's also possible people might be suspicious of the first people to talk, it could be the demons trying to seize control of the game flow early on. Not a certainty of course, just a thought.

It might also be worth noting that its possible for one of the demons to have a power that will give the investigator back a fake role pm that makes them seem innocent, not that I am accusing Ping Pong of having such a role, I have no way of knowing if you're telling the truth or not, perhaps just something for the investigator, whomever they may be, to keep in mind.
Aviator
Créature
Tings: 325

Post by Aviator »

The silence on the first night can also be attributed to some people having something planned on this particular Sunday, which by the way :

Greetings fellow wizards :D
Ping Pong
Lums Violet

Post by Ping Pong »

Lakitu wrote:It might also be worth noting that its possible for one of the demons to have a power that will give the investigator back a fake role pm that makes them seem innocent, not that I am accusing Ping Pong of having such a role, I have no way of knowing if you're telling the truth or not, perhaps just something for the investigator, whomever they may be, to keep in mind.
That's a good point, and that's why I intend to use my ability as soon as possible so that I can prove it's not fake.

I almost forgot: don't forget to send the host a PM entitled "Night 0 - Idling" if you're not using your night action tonight. Losing wizards to forgetfulness would be a shame when the demons are already trying to kill us...
Hallelujah
Lums Bleu
Tings: 115

Post by Hallelujah »

Salutations fellow Wizards. Apologies for not answering sooner, but there were important wizardly matters for me to take. Let us band together and suss out the infiltrators.

I'd imagine we do have an investigator on our side. For the time being, perhaps we shouldn't take folks for their word.
"I am going to kill you" - Windows koala, 2009
Bartholomew
Lums Bleu
Tings: 120

Post by Bartholomew »

First off hello my fellow wizards.

Secondly Ping Pong I wouldn't recommend not using your skill right away as right now it could be best to ensure that you have one secure ally you can trust after investigating them, or be lucky in that you found a demon right away. In other words you have a powerful skill and I consider it a waste not to use it just because no one is suspicious yet.
Goldfish
Bombe à hélice
Tings: 90

Post by Goldfish »

Pineapple wrote:I'm very surprised no one has posted here yet? Have you all forgotten that we have some demons to get rid of?!
No, it just that I literally have no idea what to talk about. It's the beginning of the game, nothing has happened yet. The only thing that I can think of of what to do, is to throw accusions and turn the game into a giant clusterfuck, with the mafia, or demons, winning again. :fou:
Sierra
Lums Violet
Tings: 135

Post by Sierra »

Howdy fellas, I also don't have quite much to say...
Ping Pong you made a very risky move though, I think it would have been wiser to wait for the twins, or at least the protector to fulfill the role of the leader.
wELL, hi there handzome! ;-p
Super Star
Crapaud
Tings: 455

Post by Super Star »

Hey there fellow wizards! Don't really know what else to say right now except I have come to assist in destroying the demons!
Ping Pong
Lums Violet

Post by Ping Pong »

Bartholomew wrote:Secondly Ping Pong I wouldn't recommend not using your skill right away as right now it could be best to ensure that you have one secure ally you can trust after investigating them, or be lucky in that you found a demon right away. In other words you have a powerful skill and I consider it a waste not to use it just because no one is suspicious yet.
Well you're obviously paying more attention than I do, I thought my night action applied to what happened the previous night but it's actually the same night. :pfff: So you're right, I should be using it tonight. Any suggestions as to who I should monitor, please post them here or send them to me by PM!
Sierra wrote:Ping Pong you made a very risky move though, I think it would have been wiser to wait for the twins, or at least the protector to fulfill the role of the leader.
Risky indeed, but if we don't do anything the demons will kill us one by one, so I'm willing to take my chances. Not to mention we have two full turns to organise ourselves before they strike. Also, I don't really want to be the leader, and if another wizard has a more suitable ability for that and can prove it to us then by all means I'll follow them to the end. 8)
Ambidextroid
Mini Jano

Post by Ambidextroid »

Just to confirm, Day 1 will begin tonight in about one and a half hours. Make sure to either PM me your action or a PM titled "Night 0 - Idling" before midnight (UTC) if you haven't already.

Edit: Looks like my deadline was a little confusing and as a result some players thought it was the next day, so don't worry if you haven't sent me a PM for night 0.
Ambidextroid
Mini Jano

Re: Mafia - Day 1

Post by Ambidextroid »

The wizards gather under the morning sun to hold their daily council. While the previous night was quiet and seemingly uneventful, the demons have no doubt been conniving amongst themselves.

Could there be a traitor about?

Day 1 begins!

You may now either vote to lynch someone, or to lynch nobody at all.

The deadline is the 12th, midnight (24:00 UTC).
Bartholomew
Lums Bleu

Post by Bartholomew »

Anyone get any strange messages during the night? Or perhaps strange results from your actions? Please do share those here or at least PM me them. As for myself I had nothing peculiar come up.
Pineapple
Créature
Tings: 340

Post by Pineapple »

While I don't believe that Bartholomew is a demon I would be cautious about posting any and all PMs, especially in public. The more the demons know, the more they can manipulate us.
Bartholomew
Lums Bleu

Post by Bartholomew »

I didn't mean to suggest posting everything or posting exact content. We just need to know enough to point at some clues of who could be a demon, assuming anyone does have potential info like that.
Aviator
Créature
Tings: 325

Post by Aviator »

So far, nothing looks suspicious to me.

Day 1 - No lynch
Ping Pong
Lums Violet

Post by Ping Pong »

I agree here.

Day 1 - No lynch.

Also, now I've made myself a target for the demons, any protection for tonight would be welcome if you possess the ability to help! No need to disclose your identity, even anonymous help will do.