Mafia - Mafia Wins!

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Ambidextroid
Mini Jano
Tings: 675

Re: Mafia - Night 3

Post by Ambidextroid »

Hallelujah wrote:Though that does leave me with a request for a
point of order for the host, is the lynch vote of an inactive player counted, or is it rendered invalid?
The vote is counted as valid.

--------------------

With two good Wizards gone and the threat of the Demons realised, quite a commotion has arisen at the day's meeting as heated discussion and accusations are thrown between members of the council.

While votes have been cast and revoked to lynch a number of council members, the ultimate position is a close call to have Pineapple executed.

Ambidextroid wrote:You are the Sorcerer of Death, the Grim Reaper.

You have the power to bring any being to the underworld with your black magic.

At night, you may kill another player. To do this, send me a PM entitled "Night X - Kill [USER]" and, unless something interrupts you, your target will be dead by the sunrise.

You are a wizard. It is your job to identify the demons and work with your fellow wizards to wipe them out with your daily vote to lynch somebody, and by using any powers you may have.
If all of the demons die, the wizards will win.
Night 3 begins!

You may use any night actions, including the ones causing death. If you do not wish to use your night action, or even if you do not have one, it is required that you send me a PM entitled "Night 1 - Idling".

The deadline is the end of the 16th, midnight (24:00 UTC).
Ping Pong
Lums Violet
Tings: 145

Post by Ping Pong »

Pineapple wrote:Hey, at least that means my death will be worth something when you realise that whoever PMed you misled you. I suggest you out whoever sent you the information as soon as possible after I die.
You're right indeed! The PM in question was a fellow demon reminding me that our voting power had already exceeded yours.
Lakitu
Bombe à hélice
Tings: 90

Re: Mafia - Day 2

Post by Lakitu »

Alright, I know I officially dropped out of the game, but it doesn't seem like my replacement has shown up and my alias isn't dead, , so I don't see any harm in popping in to say:

first off, Ping Pong, Fuck you.
Secondly, well played, that was top 10 anime betrayals worthy. I'm legit so impressed I'm not even mad.
Okay, maybe I'm a little mad. I'm more distraught than anything. my actions to try and help the town in the end basically single handedly caused it to lose. It hrts me even more because twice over I came so close to stopping you, I almost changed my night action to protect Goldfish after I realised his fake role pm was likely a mafia ploy. I didn't trust you from the beginning, and only turned to you when you were "Equally the most trustworthy and least trustworthy player" As I said, in my very first pm to you.

Okay, maybe I'm really mad. Thinking about it now though, your true alignment makes sense. You were more than happy to order pineapple, on my behalf, to kill Goldfish, because you knew he wasn't on your team, even if I had realised what was actually going on sooner, you wouldn't have pulled that command.
Then the demons forced me to vote Lynch Pineapple (I'm aware that it says I shouldn't reveal that in anyway, but the way I see it, the vote passed, the damage is done, I'm almost certainly next on your kill list and I've already dropped out of the game so I don't really see a problem with revealing it.) with there being 7 members left. I'm guessing there are 3 of you, so with my vote and you three voting, that would guarantee you'd kill the biggest threat to your group.

And that would make Aviator and Sierra your cohorts, right?
The Traitor- Has a fake role pm that will show up in place of his real one whenever he's investigated
The Persuader - able to force players to vote lynch any other player.
and the killer - do I need to explain this one

That would mean though that Goldfish's fake role pm was either his own doing, you have a fourth member (unlikely, that seems like too many mafioso's) or you never had the traitor ability in the first place and that was your true ability all along.

And to think, you only managed to accomplish most of this because I trusted you, this is mostly, if not all, my fault. You played me and Pineapple like damn fiddles! You three combined caused me stress to the point of tears and choosing to drop out of the game, to the point of making me despise my favourite party game, and I could have stopped it all, but I didn't because I trusted you, and you betrayed that trust. You monster, you absolute scum of the earth, completely brilliant monster. I hope your happy. Because I'm not, I'm actually kind of depressed and I'm probably never playing Mafia again. GG, and I mean that. that was some pretty excellent deception.
Sierra
Lums Violet
Tings: 135

Post by Sierra »

Dude chill out, it's a goddamn game! :boon:

First of all, you should be godkilled for saying this:
Laikitu wrote:the demons forced me to vote Lynch Pineapple
Thank you to have ruined what was left of the game with your childish behavior (well 3 mafioso vs 3 villagers with no redirecting nor killing abilities, so technically mafia won).

Next, the game is all about tricking others, so if you think that you can't take it, you shouldn't play at all.
I agree that we lied hard and dirty from the beginning to the end, but it's exactly how I think that the game should be played. And knowing who Ping Pong is, I venture to say that he thinks the same.
Laikitu wrote:And to think, you only managed to accomplish most of this because I trusted you, this is mostly, if not all, my fault.
I think that the biggest mistake was Bartholomew confessing to me that he was the inspector. Except that he didn't react like a upset kid.
wELL, hi there handzome! ;-p
Ambidextroid
Mini Jano

Post by Ambidextroid »

Indeed you shouldn't have revealed the forced lynch, you always could have waited until the end of the game.
However, Lakitu's player has just been replaced so I'll make an exception and have Lakitu remain in the game.
Finally I've realised I haven't mentioned this yet, but in the result of a tied lynch both players are killed, and in the result of a tie between a lynch and no lynch, the vote to lynch wins.
Lakitu
Bombe à hélice

Post by Lakitu »

*For reference as Ambi said I am the replacement Lakitu
Sierra wrote:
Laikitu wrote:And to think, you only managed to accomplish most of this because I trusted you, this is mostly, if not all, my fault.
I think that the biggest mistake was Bartholomew confessing to me that he was the inspector. Except that he didn't react like a upset kid.
Well at least we now know who you are now. :mefiant:
Sierra
Lums Violet

Post by Sierra »

Yes, because the previous player who controlled Laikitu failed to respect the rules of the game.
Ping Pong
Lums Violet

Post by Ping Pong »

Lakitu wrote:Alright, I know I officially dropped out of the game, but it doesn't seem like my replacement has shown up and my alias isn't dead, , so I don't see any harm in popping in to say:

first off, Ping Pong, Fuck you.
Secondly, well played, that was top 10 anime betrayals worthy. I'm legit so impressed I'm not even mad.
Okay, maybe I'm a little mad. I'm more distraught than anything. my actions to try and help the town in the end basically single handedly caused it to lose. It hrts me even more because twice over I came so close to stopping you, I almost changed my night action to protect Goldfish after I realised his fake role pm was likely a mafia ploy. I didn't trust you from the beginning, and only turned to you when you were "Equally the most trustworthy and least trustworthy player" As I said, in my very first pm to you.

Okay, maybe I'm really mad. Thinking about it now though, your true alignment makes sense. You were more than happy to order pineapple, on my behalf, to kill Goldfish, because you knew he wasn't on your team, even if I had realised what was actually going on sooner, you wouldn't have pulled that command.
Then the demons forced me to vote Lynch Pineapple (I'm aware that it says I shouldn't reveal that in anyway, but the way I see it, the vote passed, the damage is done, I'm almost certainly next on your kill list and I've already dropped out of the game so I don't really see a problem with revealing it.) with there being 7 members left. I'm guessing there are 3 of you, so with my vote and you three voting, that would guarantee you'd kill the biggest threat to your group.

And that would make Aviator and Sierra your cohorts, right?
The Traitor- Has a fake role pm that will show up in place of his real one whenever he's investigated
The Persuader - able to force players to vote lynch any other player.
and the killer - do I need to explain this one

That would mean though that Goldfish's fake role pm was either his own doing, you have a fourth member (unlikely, that seems like too many mafioso's) or you never had the traitor ability in the first place and that was your true ability all along.

And to think, you only managed to accomplish most of this because I trusted you, this is mostly, if not all, my fault. You played me and Pineapple like damn fiddles! You three combined caused me stress to the point of tears and choosing to drop out of the game, to the point of making me despise my favourite party game, and I could have stopped it all, but I didn't because I trusted you, and you betrayed that trust. You monster, you absolute scum of the earth, completely brilliant monster. I hope your happy. Because I'm not, I'm actually kind of depressed and I'm probably never playing Mafia again. GG, and I mean that. that was some pretty excellent deception.
Isn't it what makes this game so much fun? We're all aliases here, you shouldn't take any of this personally.

You're being too hard on yourself too: you're just as responsible for what happened as anyone else. I'll elaborate when the game is over, but for now let's see what happens next. :)
Ambidextroid
Mini Jano

Re: Mafia - Day 3

Post by Ambidextroid »

The feeling of dread that ensnared the remaining Wizards drew the sleepless night out to what seemed like an unholy eternity, while the Demons roamed free in the darkness unfazed by any attempts to diminish their power.

A single toll of the bell summoned the Wizards to the councilplace, and there they found in the centre of the table, surrounded by red markings and a bloody circumscription, the dead body of Super Star.
You are the Potion Brewer, Getafix.

Being a wise druid of tinctures and elixirs you can concoct almost any potion, though your most potent and useful is an irresistable drink that paralyses anyone who drinks it.

At night, you may put this skill to good use by brewing a potion for another user. Send me a PM entitled "Night X - Brew for [USER]" and unless something comes in your way that user will be unable to do anything that night.

You are a wizard. It is your job to identify the demons and work with your fellow wizards to wipe them out with your daily vote to lynch somebody, and by using any powers you may have.
Day 3 begins!

You may now either vote to lynch someone, or to lynch nobody at all.

The deadline is the end of the 17th, midnight (24:00 UTC).
Sierra
Lums Violet

Post by Sierra »

Day 3 - Lynch Laikitu
Aviator
Créature
Tings: 325

Post by Aviator »

Day 3 - Lynch Lakitu
Ping Pong
Lums Violet

Post by Ping Pong »

Day 3 - Lynch Laikitu.
Lakitu
Bombe à hélice

Post by Lakitu »

Good game lads. :mryellow:
Hallelujah
Lums Bleu
Tings: 115

Post by Hallelujah »

Day 3 - Lynch Lakitu
"I am going to kill you" - Windows koala, 2009
Ambidextroid
Mini Jano

Post by Ambidextroid »

Sorry about this but I won't have time for an update today, so night 4 will begin at the end of the 18th (24:00 UTC)
Ambidextroid
Mini Jano

Post by Ambidextroid »

The Demons' presence grows with each passing day, and it seems as though all attempts to fight them have diminished into naught.

Without discussion Lakitu is swiftly executed:
You are the Mighty Wizard, Gandalf.

Being the most powerful of the wizards, you can use your magic to protect your kin from the might of the demons.

At night, you may use your strength to protect another user from any night actions targeting them. Send me a PM entitled "Night X - Protect [USER]" and unless something comes in your way they will be safe.

Night 4 begins!

You may use any night actions, including the ones causing death. If you do not wish to use your night action, or even if you do not have one, it is required that you send me a PM entitled "Night 1 - Idling".

The deadline is the end of the 19th, midnight (24:00 UTC).
Ping Pong
Lums Violet

Re: Mafia - Night 4

Post by Ping Pong »

It's very quiet in here. :v
Ambidextroid
Mini Jano

Re: Mafia - Mafia Wins!

Post by Ambidextroid »

Sorry I keep missing the deadline :oops2:

With only one Wizard left, the Demons gather and kill Hallelujah in the light of the full moon.
You are the Apprentice's Master, Alatar.

You are training The Sorcerer's Apprentice, who you can get to run errands for you. Nobody knows that the Apprentice is working under your mentorship which you can use to your advantage.

At night, you may use your position to announce a short text. Send me a PM entitled "Night X - Announce" and, unless something interrupts you, your Apprentice will announce the message in my post the next day, without any indication that you wrote it.

Then they enjoy a well-deserved Wizard barbecue.

Before they go to bed they find a (not so anonymous) message pinned to the centre of the table:

"GG Mafia, victory is yours"

Mafia wins!

Congratulations! You can now all post here using your normal accounts.

I hope you all had fun (and I hope I didn't botch it up too badly)! Please give me any suggestions on how the game could have gone a little smoother.

-------------------------

Here are the list of players:

Sierra (Lovy):
You are the Demon King, Asmodeus.

You reign supreme over the universe of destruction and have the authority to command all.

At night, you may use your power to persuade another user to do your bidding. Send me a PM entitled "Night X - Persuade [USER]". In the body of the PM, you have a number of options.
- Write whatever you want in "inverted commas". The user will then have to say whatever you typed in the Mafia thread.
- Write "Lynch [user]" in bold font. The player will be forced to vote for whoever you told them to in the next day's lynch.
- Write "Silence [user]", and the user will be silenced, meaning they can not speak in the Mafia thread, vote for lynches, or discuss the game with anyone in any form, etc.
If the user does not comply or reveals that they were forced to complete said task, they will be godkilled and removed from the game.

You are a demon. It is your job to trick the wizards into thinking you are one of them, and wipe the wizards out by pitting them against eachother and using you and your fellow demons' special powers. Each night you must collectively decide upon a wizard to murder.
If all of the wizards die, the demons will win.

Your fellow demons are Aviator and Ping Pong.
Aviator (Pirez):
You are the Demon Captain, Lucifer.

You serve as the Demon King's primary henchman and can manupulate anyone against their own kind.

At night, you may use your cunning to redirect another user's night action to a different target. Send me a PM entitled "Night X - Redirect [USER]" and write "Redirect to [user]" in the body. Unless something comes in your way, if that player uses a night action, they will target whoever you told them to instead of their intended target.

You are a demon. It is your job to trick the wizards into thinking you are one of them, and wipe the wizards out by pitting them against eachother and using you and your fellow demons' special powers. Each night you must collectively decide upon a wizard to murder.

Your fellow demons are Sierra and Ping Pong.
Ping Pong (Humch):
You are the Treacherous Sorcerer, Prospero.

You have betrayed your kind and are working for the demons.

You do not have any power, however, if someone tries to inspect you, they will receive this fake role PM:
You are the Witch's Child, Caliban.

Always lurking somewhere, it's hard to hide something from you when you're hidden yourself.

At night, you may investigate what happened to another user, unless they died. To do this, send me a PM entitled "Night X - Investigate [USER]" and, unless something interrupts you, you will know who targeted your target the same night.

You are a wizard. It is your job to identify the demons and work with your fellow wizards to wipe them out with your daily vote to lynch somebody and by using any powers you may have.

Your fellow demons are Sierra and Aviator.
Goldfish (dutch):
You are Merlin, Commander of the Wizards.

You have gathered the League of Wizards to fight against the demon invaders.

As the leader of the Wizards you do not have any special powers, however, your vote counts twice during the day.

You are a wizard. It is your job to identify the demons and work with your fellow wizards to wipe them out with your daily vote to lynch somebody and by using any powers you may have.
Lakitu (buildersith, then Serza):
You are the Mighty Wizard, Gandalf.

Being the most powerful of the wizards, you can use your magic to protect your kin from the might of the demons.

At night, you may use your strength to protect another user from any night actions targeting them. Send me a PM entitled "Night X - Protect [USER]" and unless something comes in your way they will be safe.

Bartholomew (Serza):
You are the Cunning Wizard, Saruman.

Having ownership of a mystical crystal ball called a Palantir, you can see the truth behind any guise.

At night, you may use your skills to inspect another player. To do this, send me a PM entitled “Night X - Inspect [USER]”. Unless something comes in your way you will receive that user’s role PM by the morning.

Pineapple (RibShark):
You are the Sorcerer of Death, the Grim Reaper.

You have the power to bring any being to the underworld with your black magic.

At night, you may kill another player. To do this, send me a PM entitled "Night X - Kill [USER]" and, unless something interrupts you, your target will be dead by the sunrise.

Hallelujah (Master):
You are the Apprentice's Master, Alatar.

You are training The Sorcerer's Apprentice, who you can get to run errands for you. Nobody knows that the Apprentice is working under your mentorship which you can use to your advantage.

At night, you may use your position to announce a short text. Send me a PM entitled "Night X - Announce" and, unless something interrupts you, your Apprentice will announce the message in my post the next day, without any indication that you wrote it.

Super Star (Ray502):
You are the Potion Brewer, Getafix.

Being a wise druid of tinctures and elixirs you can concoct almost any potion, though your most potent and useful is an irresistable drink that paralyses anyone who drinks it.

At night, you may put this skill to good use by brewing a potion for another user. Send me a PM entitled "Night X - Brew for [USER]" and unless something comes in your way that user will be unable to do anything that night.

Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Was it a coincidence that all the Frenchies were Mafia? That sounds a little too convenient. :P

In all seriousness, very well played indeed. You guys got us to turn on each other within a night, and Humch and Lovy did very good in tricking us.
Pirez
Globox
Tings: 98075

Post by Pirez »

Master wrote:Was it a coincidence that all the Frenchies were Mafia? That sounds a little too convenient. :P
If that was Ambi intention, he didn't disclose it to us. My frenchness has been exposed by Lovax (who revealed his own nationality in the process) because I made a grammatical mistake in a PM and Hunch swiftly followed.

Anyway, short game, maybe we could have done with one less demon but then again our plan went perfectly smoothly so maybe it's just an overreaction to the fact that our victory has been flawless.

My condoleances go to buildersith, who developped PTSD during this game.