Fears and Phobias

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Re: Fears

Post by spiraldoor »

I have a mild phobia of spiders and some other insects. Humanoid aliens have creeped me out since I was a small child, but thankfully they don’t seem to exist.
Danone
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by Danone »

one of my most stupid fears is stare me at a mirror in the dark, and I hardly see myself reflected
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Re: Fears and Phobias

Post by Haruka »

I also forgot to write in the previous post, but I also have Moderated Hydrophobia and Trypanophobia.

Maybe this topic could be titled as "Fears and Phobias".
Jewish Candy
Creveton
Tings: 28664

Post by Jewish Candy »

I also have moderate hydrophobia. :mryellow: Yayness.
Sig by Juli Patti~
Proof that I control the Pirate Community at its highest levels. And here, further evidence of my divinity...
Words to live by:
[quote="Melody"]eybrows make everything shmexy[/quote]
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

Jewish Candy wrote:I also have moderate hydrophobia. :mryellow: Yayness.
So do I. I can’t swim very well, and drowning would be a terrible way to die...
Danone
Antitoon

Post by Danone »

Haruka wrote:Maybe this topic could be titled as "Fears and Phobias".
Done.
Jewish Candy
Creveton

Post by Jewish Candy »

spiraldoor wrote:
Yeah, wouldn't it just? It's a shame - I used to love water, now I get all prickly and jittery near it. :(
Sig by Juli Patti~
Proof that I control the Pirate Community at its highest levels. And here, further evidence of my divinity...
Words to live by:
spiraldoor
Oumbr

Post by spiraldoor »

I’m not at all afraid of being in close proximity to water. I’m fine with being near rivers, lakes, swimming pools and the sea. But if I fell into a large body of water, I would freak the hell out, and probably panic if I even came near to falling in...
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

spiraldoor wrote:
What's worse in my case is that my phobia came during swimming classes. We were acrossing the pool (With buoys) for the first time to the deepest side and returning to the shallow side. It happens that I had a slip when I reached the middle of the pool and the buoy escaped from my hands and I started to drown. Luckly the teacher could get me quickly. Since then I gave up the swimming classes for ever, aswell I adquired the Moderated Hydrophobia, meaning that I cannot stay close to deep waters like sea, lakes, rivers... even boats. Otherwise I start to panic. I try to stay far from water at all costs.
Jewish Candy
Creveton

Post by Jewish Candy »

My hydrophobia came about through swimming classes, too. It's so impractical; for example, I can shower, but not bath. :mefiant: Weirdly, I'm vaguely okay about being near lakes, if not the sea - but swimming pools frighten the hell outta me.
I'm glad there are more of us. :hinhinhin:
Sig by Juli Patti~
Words to live by:
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

I guess I'm the only one here with Trypanophobia.
Danone
Antitoon

Post by Danone »

Haruka wrote:I guess I'm the only one here with Trypanophobia.
What phobia is?
i dont remember
Jewish Candy
Creveton

Post by Jewish Candy »

Fear of needles and injections, I think...
Sig by Juli Patti~
Words to live by:
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

Jewish Candy wrote:Fear of needles and injections, I think...
Correct. It was also due a childhood trauma. Nowadays I can control a little better but still it's very hard for me to stay calm about that. I often fainted during blood analysis and injections. When I think that in the next month I must take one to renew...
Danone
Antitoon

Post by Danone »

Haruka wrote:
Jewish Candy wrote:Fear of needles and injections, I think...
Correct. It was also due a childhood trauma. Nowadays I can control a little better but still it's very hard for me to stay calm about that. I often fainted during blood analysis and injections. When I think that in the next month I must take one to renew...
so,two of us, I have a fear of needles also
nr0r
Crapaud blindé
Tings: 16858

Post by nr0r »

Spiders Big, ugly, spiders :) (you can blame rayman 2 for that. I used to love them before I played it) And roaches. Oh, and I'm also afraid of the dark .-.

Tunderous wrote: How would we know if you have a husband? Your gender isnt shown. :mrgreen:
[1:02 AM] Chloë/Adsolution/Krawielicki?: lilith= if she took up any space shed be a waste of it
IllarKallas
Lums Rouge
Tings: 70

Post by IllarKallas »

Mirrors, (Only when i look at them at night/Or when i'm alone), i wonder if it's just a reflection or another me, or if it is going to get outta the mirror.

Dark doesn't scare me, but when i am alone...I run like a scared 6-year old to the street.
I love water! I once was near drowning, and i still like it! When i see a bug, i stomp STOMP STOMP IT!! (I'm not scared of them, but i hate them.)
Needles...I had very bad accidents with them (I once did stab a needle fully into my leg accidentaly, hopefully i didn't damage any vein.), when i was 10, i was trying to make an hole in a thin piece of wood (With an huge and pointy pair of scissors), i had my left hand in the bottom of it, and my right hand trying to make the hole,i made it, but i hurt my left hand, but i ain't scared of em'.
Xenon
Pirate Lunette
Tings: 98896

Post by Xenon »

I think I've recently become quite claustrophobic...
GlueTube365
Gandalf
Tings: 4155

Post by GlueTube365 »

NRJF wrote:Spiders Big, ugly, spiders :) (you can blame rayman 2 for that. I used to love them before I played it) And roaches. Oh, and I'm also afraid of the dark .-.
I hate spiders too! I get the shivers every time I see one! :ouin:

I remember once, I needed the toilet in the middle of the night, and, sitting on top of the toilet paper and looking quite pleased with itself, was the biggest bloody spider you ever did see. Well, not really big. Like those daddy-long-legs-like ones but with much thicker legs and a thick body (and a thick brain for thinking it can just wander into other people's houses). Luckily, my dad was awake, and I told him about the spider and went back to bed, but, unknown by me, my dad had taken the spider and chucked it out of the window, and I was awake all night in the fear that the spider might crawl into my room.
The next day, I found out about how my dad got rid of the spider, and was just about to go to the toilet until I saw that very same spider in the bath looking very cross.
:waaahhh: :waaahhh: :waaahhh: :waaahhh: :waaahhh:
Humans are the third most intelligent creatures on Earth.
Dolphins are the second most intelligent creatures on Earth.
Mice are the most intelligent creatures on Earth.
I am one of the people who agrees with this.
I have my reasons.

Current Level:
Edith Up!
Danone
Antitoon

Post by Danone »

almost everyone is afraid of insects