Crash Bandicoot

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

Xenon
André
Tings: 94475

Re: Crash Bandicoot

Post by Xenon » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:04 am

Just ignore him. iHeckler is clearly not someone who is capable of intelligent and articulate discussions.

iHeckler9
Boomboleros
Tings: 1605

Post by iHeckler9 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:18 am

spiraldoor wrote:
iHeckler9 wrote:
spiraldoor wrote:
iHeckler9 wrote:It didn't 'end badly' for me. It just ended with me saying it was rhetorical and you calling me stupid.
No, you made a fool of yourself. You posted several pointless, illogical and self-contradictory messages before leaving the discussion without a word.
I told you it was a rhetorical question and you started beating me up. Since a mod was on your side I had to surrender. SURRENDER, not leave. They are two different things.
This is nonsense for several reasons. Firstly, having a moderator disagree with you obviously does not mean you must ‘SURRENDER’. Note the dozens of times I have stood up to defend my views against those of the moderators. Anyone, including you, could easily have done the same. You are clearly making excuses. Secondly, when DesLife pointed out your stupidity, you responded by saying ‘Angry now’, not by ‘surrendering’. You then continued to respond to my posts for some time, until your became caught in the web of your own self-contradictory nonsense that you could no longer think of anything to say. Claiming that you were forced to make an unexplained ‘surrender’ because DesLife had said you were stupid seven posts ago is quite silly; this is clearly another excuse. Here is the exact moment when you contradicted yourself so fundamentally that you could no longer continue to participate in the discussion:
spiraldoor wrote:
iHeckler9 wrote:
spiraldoor wrote:Could you please explain to me exactly how I was supposed to know that this was a ‘rhetorical question’? Seems like a bit of a stretch to me.
You weren't supposed to know. That's why most people say after somebody has answered it 'It was rhetorical.'
You’re saying I should have ignored your question because it was ‘rhetorical’, yet you also say that I was not supposed to know that it was ‘rhetorical’?
So where’s your brilliant logical counter-argument? You know, the one you totally would have posted if DesLife hadn’t forced you to surrender? That one?
I have noted the dozens of times you've stood up against the mods (and they're pretty hilarious IMO). Oh and I'm not sure if you've heard of a thing called 'banning', Spiral, but it's when an angry mod (or mob of mods) block someone's account for doing stuff wrong, to put it lightly. I don't like being called stupid by anybody, that's why I defended by simply typing 'Angry now'.

My brilliant counter-arguement goes as follows: People, in my experience, usually say 'that was a rhetorical question :boon: ' after the end of an answer to a rhetorical question. Nobody knows that it's rhetorical until I say so. I did, so I don't know what the fuss was all about.
Xenon wrote:Just ignore him. iHeckler is clearly not someone who is capable of intelligent and articulate discussions.
I repeat: 'Angry now.' And remember I'm on the Autistic Spectrum.
Current Rank: Jumping Eye. "AH GOD I DROPPED MY CONTACT LENS AGAIN"
A recent survey shows that 1 in 4 people are mentally unstable.
Check your friends, if they say 'no', it must be you... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :fou: :mrgreen:

spiraldoor
Mr Dark
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:53 pm

iHeckler9 wrote:I have noted the dozens of times you've stood up against the mods (and they're pretty hilarious IMO). Oh and I'm not sure if you've heard of a thing called 'banning', Spiral, but it's when an angry mod (or mob of mods) block someone's account for doing stuff wrong, to put it lightly. I don't like being called stupid by anybody, that's why I defended by simply typing 'Angry now'.
Did DesLife tell you that he was going to ban you if you continued to make nonsensical posts? If not, then how exactly did you reach that unfounded conclusion?
iHeckler9 wrote:My brilliant counter-arguement goes as follows: People, in my experience, usually say 'that was a rhetorical question :boon: ' after the end of an answer to a rhetorical question. Nobody knows that it's rhetorical until I say so. I did, so I don't know what the fuss was all about.
I have already addressed this. Rhetorical questions are not meant to be answered – if a question demands an answer, then it is not rhetorical. You claimed that your question was, and that I should not have answered it. You also said that I was not supposed to know that it was rhetorical. This makes no sense whatsoever.

iHeckler9
Boomboleros

Post by iHeckler9 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:50 pm

spiraldoor wrote:
iHeckler9 wrote:I have noted the dozens of times you've stood up against the mods (and they're pretty hilarious IMO). Oh and I'm not sure if you've heard of a thing called 'banning', Spiral, but it's when an angry mod (or mob of mods) block someone's account for doing stuff wrong, to put it lightly. I don't like being called stupid by anybody, that's why I defended by simply typing 'Angry now'.
Did DesLife tell you that he was going to ban you if you continued to make nonsensical posts? If not, then how exactly did you reach that unfounded conclusion?
iHeckler9 wrote:My brilliant counter-arguement goes as follows: People, in my experience, usually say 'that was a rhetorical question :boon: ' after the end of an answer to a rhetorical question. Nobody knows that it's rhetorical until I say so. I did, so I don't know what the fuss was all about.
I have already addressed this. Rhetorical questions are not meant to be answered – if a question demands an answer, then it is not rhetorical. You claimed that your question was, and that I should not have answered it. You also said that I was not supposed to know that it was rhetorical. This makes no sense whatsoever.
No, DesLife did not tell that to me, but Xenon once did.

I never said that you weren't supposed to know it was rhetorical.
Check your friends, if they say 'no', it must be you... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :fou: :mrgreen:

DesLife
Barbe Tranchante
Tings: 186263

Post by DesLife » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:51 pm

iHeckler9 wrote:
Xenon wrote:Just ignore him. iHeckler is clearly not someone who is capable of intelligent and articulate discussions.
I don't think that's a good excuse for being stupid.

spiral, I think you're waisting your time with him, I don't think it's worth replying to that kind of message.
iHeckler9 wrote:I never said that you weren't supposed to know it was rhetorical.
Yes you did. :boon:

iHeckler9
Boomboleros

Post by iHeckler9 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:56 pm

DesLife wrote:
iHeckler9 wrote:
I don't think that's a good excuse for being stupid.
What are you implying?
DesLife wrote:spiral, I think you're waisting your time with him, I don't think it's worth replying to that kind of message.
Thank you for finally breaking up the arguement.

Danone
Antitoon
Tings: 0

Post by Danone » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:35 pm

I played the 1st game and is really impresive :)

Xenon
André
Tings: 94475

Post by Xenon » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:46 pm

No, DesLife did not tell that to me, but Xenon once did.
If I remember correctly, I threatened to ban you because you were chain-posting with Hoodie74, not because you were talking nonsense...

dingodile555
Tribelle
Tings: 50

Post by dingodile555 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:52 am

Yeah I'm a huge fan of the Crash Bandicoot series, as you probably knew before. My favourite is Twinsanity- anyone that shits on that game just because it isn't made by Naughty Dog needs slapping down.

spiraldoor
Mr Dark

Post by spiraldoor » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:25 pm

Didn’t like Twinsanity. Very different gameplay from the previous titles, and not at all what I was expecting from a Crash Bandicoot game. I missed the warp room greatly. And there were some changes that I just couldn’t get over, like how collecting three Aku Aku masks no longer protects Crash from TNT and Nitro crates (in the previous games, invincibility meant that all obstacles and enemies were irrelevant, thus boiling the gameplay down to undiluted platforming, which was great fun). I couldn’t stand the way they nerfed the gems (gems are supposed to be really rare, and you’re only supposed to get them when you collect all the crates in a level, not just find them randomly lying about). There were no longer clear-cut levels each with a crystal, gem and relic, but a sort of sprawling environment that I didn’t much care for. It’s somewhat like Rayman Revolution’s replacement of the Hall of Doors with the Front.

I am aware that many Crash Bandicoot fans disagree with me about Twinsanity; perhaps this has something to do with the fact that I formed my own views independently, without being influenced by HP Zoner’s glowing review on Crash Mania or his very negative review of The Wrath of Cortex (a game which I thought was a step in the right direction for the series, despite its lack of creativity; at least it still felt like a proper Crash Bandicoot game).

Limbless one
Tribelle
Tings: 74

Post by Limbless one » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:35 am

Now now children calm down lets not fight each of you go into your own corner's away from each other until you learn your lesson's

Well I loved all the crash games before twinsanity to be honest which is also my fav, one of the reason behind this is that when making the new crash game they decided to have a go at a open world type game which they managed to perfect Beautifully I might add.

Another thing I love about twinsanity is its music with every piece being composed just by singing, humming, whistling and other various body noises. THE MORE YOU KNOW
Ever wonder why we're here?

<(^-^<) <(^o^)> (>^-^)>

spiraldoor
Mr Dark

Post by spiraldoor » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:08 pm

Yes, lets go into our corner’s until we learn our lesson’s.

Skaarj
Pâquerette
Tings: 14080

Post by Skaarj » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:36 am

really i liked all the crash games,expect the newer ones for new consoles,they doenst have anything with it(ps:they are kinda fun),FUCK,the same thing like spyro,really,spyro have really opened levels (i never played one of them but i really want),now spyro looks more like god of war with a dragon,and this thing of changing the gameplay and more things,are happening to many games,like rayman and castelvania,everyone would agree

Haruka
Rayman 2
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:58 am

I've heard that the latest two Crash titles from Sierra are terrible, especially because the characters are quite out from their personalities. Does someone else also underlines the advice?

spiraldoor
Mr Dark

Post by spiraldoor » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:00 pm

Haruka wrote:I've heard that the latest two Crash titles from Sierra are terrible, especially because the characters are quite out from their personalities. Does someone else also underlines the advice?
I’d agree. I hate everything that Radical (the developer of Crash of the Titans and Mind over Mutant) have done with the series. The Traveller’s Tales games may not have been very good, but they still looked and sounded like Crash Bandicoot games (and The Wrath of Cortex still felt like one). I’m not convinced that the Radical games are even set within the same universe. Their gameplay is drastically non-Crash Bandicoot, and the character redesigns defy description:

Lianna
Carmen
Tings: 38855

Post by Lianna » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:32 pm

Crash Bandicoot is my favorite 3D game platform for now as like CoTT/MoM series, since in 2011 i readen the classic manga "Dansu De Jump Na Daibouken"... It's a good game, the next is should to be Crash 2011. :)

Haruka
Rayman 2

Post by Haruka » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:10 pm

spiraldoor wrote:
Haruka wrote:I've heard that the latest two Crash titles from Sierra are terrible, especially because the characters are quite out from their personalities. Does someone else also underlines the advice?
I’d agree. I hate everything that Radical (the developer of Crash of the Titans and Mind over Mutant) have done with the series. The Traveller’s Tales games may not have been very good, but they still looked and sounded like Crash Bandicoot games (and The Wrath of Cortex still felt like one). I’m not convinced that the Radical games are even set within the same universe. Their gameplay is drastically non-Crash Bandicoot, and the character redesigns defy description:

Holy cow, Uka-Uka is so different, and Aku-Aku got uglier. :boon: N-Gin also got blue!

Henchman1028
Razoff
Tings: 7406

Post by Henchman1028 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:44 am

The cutscenes in Mind Over Mutant are pretty good, this one is my favourite:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCz3W3uPB6A

And the minions have some funny lines (The female ones (Bratgirls, I believe they are called) especially), especially if you go to a area they can't reach or if you die to them. They even do victory dances when they kill you! :)

Lianna
Carmen
Tings: 38855

Post by Lianna » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:34 pm

It's a cartoon cutscene.

Haruka
Rayman 2

Post by Haruka » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:50 pm

Now I really miss the classical Crash Bandicoot games.