Smoke?

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Smoke?

Post by Haruka »

*Another boredom topic*

Just a curiosity topic, which can also become a debating topic.

Does anyone here smokes?

I can proudly say that I don't and I'll never do it. I also hate the smell it gives. Fortuneatly here there's a law that forbbides smoking in closed public rooms.
DesLife
Froutch
Tings: 186263

Re: Smoke?

Post by DesLife »

I don't smoke, but I don't mind when people do, I also enjoy the smell.
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Post by Cairnie »

Definitely not me.

Tread carefully here because smoking = BIG drama on the net.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

I was unsure if this topic could be written or not, but if you guys think it is the best to not continuing it then I'm ok for you deleting completely the topic.
Matyuv
Gangsta Globox
Tings: 54431

Post by Matyuv »

I tried smoking out of curiosity ages ago. It was better than I'd expected, but I didn't find it enjoyable at all.
Guess I'd have tried weed too if it was legal.
MandM81 wrote:YYYYYYYRRRHLHLPYYYYYYPDPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYRRRRRR
El Dango
Aline Louïa
Tings: 105675

Post by El Dango »

I hate smoke in general.
Do NOT forget to vote and participate in the SOTM and Manipulate the Image competitions!
(If you don't wanna, however, that's perfectly okay (I'm hardly a role model))
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

Smoking is incredibly stupid. A highly expensive habit which can greatly damage your physical wellbeing and substantially shorten your lifespan.

I absolutely cannot understand why someone would take up smoking. You don’t even get high off it. What exactly is the point?
DesLife
Froutch
Tings: 186263

Post by DesLife »

Some people enjoy it and I perfectly understand them. But it seems people just can't let them be.
Haruka
Sandra Misu

Post by Haruka »

spiraldoor wrote:Smoking is incredibly stupid. A highly expensive habit which can greatly damage your physical wellbeing and substantially shorten your lifespan
I also consider smoking one of the most stupid things that "the man" decided to do. Why doing it when it hasn't got any benefits and it is full of negative consequences like spending money unnecessairly, destroying the body's health (especially the lungs), rising up chances of developing a lung cancer, decreasing physical capacities, and disturbing non-smokers with the cigarete smoke?
I absolutely cannot understand why someone would take up smoking. You don’t even get high off it. What exactly is the point?

People nowadays (not all) think that smoking rises up the social status, you know.
RayLums
Murfy
Tings: 80535

Post by RayLums »

I've never smoke since I was born, and I probably will never. I spend too much money lik that. :P
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

I will never smoke.

I had a quasi-conversation on this very subject at school today.
Xenon
Pirate Lunette
Tings: 98896

Post by Xenon »

No, I don't smoke. As well as all of the aforesaid consequences, it also cheapens people in my opinion.
LoveMetal
André
Tings: 217520

Post by LoveMetal »

I don't smoke, and I hope that I'll never do this stupidity.
Even if there is...
...Llamarlboro ! :mrgreen:
Last edited by LoveMetal on Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MLII
Carmen
Tings: 43075

Post by MLII »

I couldn't smoke even if I wanted to. Coupled with my asthma, smoking would completely cripple my lungs. Both me and my family are pretty sure I'd be dead within like a week.

Not that I'd want to start, I absolutely hate it. My best mate smokes and I can smell it on her and ugh. >_> The smell, the smoke in general...omigodifrickinghateit.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

I only smoke during parties, or very rarely when I hang out with friends. I find it quite enjoyable, even though the breath of heavy smokers and the smell of cold tobacco is atrocious. To those who keep uttering the same litany on the perniciousness of cigarettes, I would like to remind you that:
  • Living kills
  • I'd rather have a shorter but more intense life than a longer but more dreary existence
To some people it's a lifestyle, and I deplore the lack of understanding shown by numerous non-smokers towards those who don't share their views.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

I don't and would never touch a cigarette in my life (unless the situation is ironic enough that it would end up saving it). But I do love the smell of tobacco for some reason.

But for those who do, I may disagree with their habits because it's incredibly dangerous and unhealthy, but I don't interrogate them about it if they seem like a busy, hard working person. Why? Smoking might be what keeps them relaxed and helps them calm down when under stress, and that's understandable. However I still highly discourage smoking, especially being ignorant about it. Being ignorant of the effects of smoking is one thing I don't tolerate.

I value my lungs way too much, being the kind of person that plays a lot of instruments, including a wide variety of wind instruments, and I would never want to lose the sound of a pure singing voice.
Phoenixan
Ursula
Tings: 26333

Post by Phoenixan »

Matyuv wrote:I tried smoking out of curiosity ages ago. It was better than I'd expected, but I didn't find it enjoyable at all.
Guess I'd have tried weed too if it was legal.
I've tried weed once, but I couldn't see what all the excitement was about. It merely made me feel depressed. Though drugs in general have strange effects on me. I can't really take 2 aspirin without feeling a little high.

Haven't tried smoking cigarettes, and I don't really care to. I've had a slight desire to try a cigar before, but I imagine it's not all that exciting either.
Holy Crap
Vendeur
Location: I AM OMNIPRESENT! (Just like God, only better, because I exist)
Tings: 80202

Post by Holy Crap »

I despise cigarette smoke. It's fine if you feel compelled to do it but do it somewhere else. The smell is sickening.
I don't see why people do it though. The negatives far outweigh the positives from what I can see.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

Holy Crap wrote:I despise cigarette smoke. It's fine if you feel compelled to do it but do it somewhere else. The smell is sickening.
I don't see why people do it though. The negatives far outweigh the positives from what I can see.
Well like I said, nocotine calms you down if they're stressed.
spiraldoor
Oumbr
Tings: 156595

Post by spiraldoor »

DesLife wrote:Some people enjoy it and I perfectly understand them. But it seems people just can't let them be.
I said that it was foolish and illogical. Nowhere did I say that I ‘can’t let them be’. If people want to smoke and clog their lungs with tar, that’s perfectly fine – their health is their own problem, and I don’t care about it. As long as they do it far away from me, where I don’t have to inhale the toxic stench they produce. The banning of smoking in enclosed workplaces (pubs, schools, shops, restaurants etc) was a wonderful idea. The alternative seems almost barbaric to me now.
Hunchman801 wrote: * Living kills
* I'd rather have a shorter but more intense life than a longer but more dreary existence
I don’t see how the fact (?) that ‘living kills’ justifies the wilful damage of one’s own bodily health for no real reason. I also fail to see how smoking makes one’s life more ‘intense’, or how this brand of cancerous ‘intensity’ might be perceived as desirable. Are you suggesting that non-smokers lead a ‘dreary existence’? Both of your points are very general ‘live your life on the wild side’ mottoes and seem to have little or nothing to do with the actual practice of smoking tobacco.
RayFan9876 wrote:Well like I said, nocotine calms you down if they're stressed.
I’d take anxiety over a tumour any day.