Official Nintendo Topic

Talk about everything but Rayman!

Moderator: English moderators

On a scale of 1-5, how much do you want the Nintendo Switch?

5 - Nintendo's already taken/about to take my money!
41%
22%
3 - I'm on the fence
22%
15%
1 - RUINED FOREVER
No votes

Total votes: 27

CHRdutch
Murray
Tings: 20240

Re: Official Nintendo Topic

Postby CHRdutch » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:08 pm

Are the controller cords longer than 0.5m this time?

-----[Edit]-----
European model:
YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/user/CHRdutch
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...

Record Day 2015 madness

Haruka
Rayman 2
Location: Earth: Occidental Lusitanian strand ; Glade of Dreams: Deep in the forests
Tings: 178650

Postby Haruka » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:48 pm

That's a neat line-up of games, but I am still upset that Nintendo made NES Mini last so few time in a way many couldn't get it :S. And giving away 120,00€, the double of the original price? No thanks.
Waiting for a new 3D title since 2003... Until there, fallen in a long nap...

Jaster
Poilu
Tings: 550

Postby Jaster » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:16 pm

If it's any consolation, the Controller cords will be 1.5m (I think 60cm longer than the NES Mini ones) and Nintendo said they will make a lot more SNES Minis than NES Minis (but you know, speculation is speculation so we never know).

I'm fine with the games, but I would have liked to have DKC2 (I think it is the best DKC), FFII (FFIV), Terranigma and Chrono Trigger.

I wish it had 30 games like the NES Mini to include these games, but I can't complain, the NES Mini games were almost like games you would play for like 10 min.

Rayfist
Rayman 1
Tings: 174515

Postby Rayfist » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:37 pm

Serza5 wrote:That game list combined with the most likely understock of the system is going to turn this release into a nightmare. Hell the value on that star fox alone would bring the demand to a sky rocketing height combined with all else. I can only hope nintendo have learned and actually have a good stock on this or else you'll most likely either not get it or give into the hoarder selling it on ebay for hundreds.

Oh yes for sure, I have a friend who works at gamestop who I'll try to have hook me up with one on day 1.
Steam PSN Nintendo Network Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D

Master
Rayman Origins
Tings: 395540

Postby Master » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:34 pm

I set up an email reminder for the Limited Edition of Samus Returns, I didn't intend to buy it, I was more curious about how much it'd cost (£59.99, by the way). It'd already sold out by the time I read the email, and that was less than an hour apart. I guess Ninty really does take "limited" to heart. :P

On the topic of the 3DS, it looks like the base New 3DS is being phased out, that leaves the 2DS, New 2DSXL and New 3DSXL as the active models, then. On the one hand, I guess it's understandable, given how the New 2DSXL and New 3DS are the same price (£129.99 here), but at the same time, it now means that you're forced to pay £179.99 if you want the 3D (though I guess it's not the biggest loss).

Keane
Globox
Tings: 143567

Postby Keane » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:32 pm

Does Samus Returns have anything worth buying it over AM2R for? The 3D visuals look fine but the Zero Mission aesthetic and colour palette of AM2R looks much more appealing to me.
Burgers float into my room...
-------------------------------------------------(YouTube|Twitter)-------------------------------------------------
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)

Master
Rayman Origins

Postby Master » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:07 pm

It's hard to say, in honesty. It's a remake, but it feels like it's a different strain of remake. Where AM2R took Metroid II and brought it up to standard with the well made mechanics of Zero Mission and then some, Samus Returns seems to be trying to take Metroid II and try a new direction with it. There's some new mechanics that have never been seen in Metroid before, such as the Aeion abilities, and the existence of melee and free-aim. They showed a lot of gameplay during E3, as you can see below:

I guess it'd be best to wait and see at this point. I do feel convinced from the gameplay I've seen, but I can see why there are reservations. I sincerely hope they pull through though, I'd love for this all to kickstart a new Metroid era, as Prime 1 and Fusion did.

Keane
Globox

Postby Keane » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:18 pm

Wow, I watched some of that and it actually looks pretty sick, I really like what they did with the visuals. Maybe I'll just get both of them whenever I get to playing the old Metroidus games.
-------------------------------------------------(YouTube|Twitter)-------------------------------------------------
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)

Master
Rayman Origins

Postby Master » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:13 am

It seems that Ninty's battle with competent online services continues: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... you-feared

Rayfist
Rayman 1

Postby Rayfist » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:53 pm

SNES Classic and Mini pre orders went live for about 2 minutes at every major retailer, and was completely sold out because of scalpers and bots. I don't know about you guys, but I'm really through with this incompetency. I feel bad for the retailers who are having shit thrown on them because Nintendo designed a console purposely made for very select few people to own. This wasn't even this bad of a problem with amiibos, which would usually be scalped but get a restock not long after. I keep hoping that this is just a way of Nintendo testing the waters so they can follow up with a large restock, but this never happened with the NES classic, and it sure as shit won't for the SNES classic. For those seeking to play SNES with a plethora of games for cheap, buy yourself a Super Nintendo with a flash cart, it's way cheaper than having to deal with scalpers.
Follow me on Twitter

Rayfist
Rayman 1

Postby Rayfist » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:45 am

Double post here, but it seems a new Nintendo Direct has been announced for tomorrow, the 13th. Any hopes/predictions? I really am hoping for a Smash 4 Switch port, it's really the only incentive aside from maybe Bayonetta 2 and 3D World for me to use my Wii U, so I'm hoping for that to happen (maybe port over the 3ds stages or give us 2 new characters.)
Follow me on Twitter

Master
Rayman Origins

Postby Master » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:50 am

Apparently, on the Ninty subreddit, they're saying the Japanese stream was tagged for Smash Bros content. It'd make sense to port it over, as they've already done with Mario Kart 8, and I can't see them making a sequel like Splatoon 2. Another thing I'm hoping for is the Kirby 3DS game that was announced a while back, they've been rather quiet about it, but I think it's about time we learned some more about it.

Rayfist
Rayman 1

Postby Rayfist » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:53 am

Kirby wiki wrote:"multiplayer action fighting game"

Whoa, really? I wonder if it's another one of those eshop minigame titles, first I've certainly heard of it, though I wouldn't get hyped for it the same way I would the Switch Kirby game on the horizon.
Follow me on Twitter

Master
Rayman Origins

Postby Master » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:07 am

True, though I can't help but wonder if this is something more, the eShop titles have all been expansions of the minigames included with Triple Deluxe and Robobot, but this seems to be something different. Time will tell, no doubt, but I do hope we hear something soon.

Haruka
Rayman 2
Location: Earth: Occidental Lusitanian strand ; Glade of Dreams: Deep in the forests
Tings: 178650

Postby Haruka » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:03 pm

It seems there's a second chance now:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/0 ... _inventory

Thank goodness they realised how wrong and stupid was the decision to cease production with so much demand existing. Lets see if it is this time I can grab a Mini NES for I can tell to every scalper to turn around and take their consoles for a stroll.
Waiting for a new 3D title since 2003... Until there, fallen in a long nap...

Rayfist
Rayman 1

Postby Rayfist » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:27 pm

I wouldn't get too overly optimistic though if I were you. We've seen this time and time again with Nintendo. With amiibos, with the standalone Switch's, and the NES classic/SNES classic situation. Yes they say they'll restock, but by how much? Are they just gonna increase the stock they initially had for every store by 5? I don't know- not to sound like a pessimist but I can't imagine it will be any easier than it was before. I got really lucky because I accidentally stumbled upon the NES classic at my store and was able to conveniently purchase it there.

However, if everyone and their grandma is able to easily pick up an NES or SNES classic without having to line up 3 hours before the store opens on the day of launch (assuming the employees didn't already fucking buy them), that'd be fantastic, and I really do hope that is what happens. For those who missed out on the awesome titles in the NES and SNES era- these consoles will be perfect to pick up, and a much better substitute to emulation or flash carts.
Follow me on Twitter

Rayfist
Rayman 1

Postby Rayfist » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:40 pm

Double post for the direct: Doom and Wolfenstein II was definitely very unexpected, I think this is a really good sign for third party on the Switch.

Arcade Archives looks pretty interesting, (I didn't even know Super Mario Bros and Balloon Fight had arcade versions.)

Project Octopath traveler looks really pretty, I love the mix of CG and pixel art, looking forward to seeing more of this. I think the bloom on the pixels might be a tad overdone but otherwise- looking great.

Holy crap- the new worlds in Oddysey look really gorgeous, it really looks like they didn't cut any corner in terms of detail.
Follow me on Twitter

Master
Rayman Origins

Postby Master » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:56 pm

I was rather gobsmacked to see Doom 2016 on the Switch, I do hope it does give even more argument for third party titles. Was happy to see Kirby bring back copy mixing and partners. And that Buff Dedede is beautiful. Another thing I didn't expect was Minecraft for 3DS. I'm guessing it's not going to be one of the Bedrock versions that will be replacing the Switch and Xbox One versions of the game, and allows for crossplatform multiplayer. I am going to take a peek at it though, just to see what it is like.

It looks like the Kirby Fighters game was indeed something new, and while it seems to be more of a multiplayer experience, it did say it had a single player mode too. I'll keep tabs on it, but I don't know if it'll be something I'll jump to.

Mario Odyssey looks sublime, there seems to be a fair amount of worlds to go to, makes me wonder how massive it is overall.

Keane
Globox

Postby Keane » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:19 am

Yah, the Odyssey footage was pretty sweet. That ice world could be bretty cool, I like ice levels that are all isolated and snowstormy. The beach one looks kinda generic though, I hope they're leaving the better content of it unspoiled.

Mario Party looks like the laziest thing I've ever seen in my life, would it really have been so hard continue with the retro theme by adding the retro boards as well? And it being a 3DS game is just like, banus...

Doom was the most exciting announcement 4 me, I'm definitely getting that.

Pirez
Ly
Tings: 99155

Postby Pirez » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:09 am

I have to say that Mario Odyssey looks quite amazing.

Return to “Off Topic”