Official Nintendo Topic

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

On a scale of 1-5, how much do you want the Nintendo Switch?

5 - Nintendo's already taken/about to take my money!
51%
22%
3 - I'm on the fence
14%
11%
1 - RUINED FOREVER
3%

Total votes: 37

Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Re: Official Nintendo Topic

Post by Master »

This new model is effectively a New 3DS XL without the 3D. As such, it's slightly more powerful than the original 2DS, which I think had the same specs as the original 3DS. They've also opted for the foldable design: Unlike the original 2DS, which they marketed as a kid friendly model, this one seems to be presented as a budget New 3DS.
Rsandee
Moskito
Tings: 59720

Post by Rsandee »

I would like to have the Switch but honestly, I can live without it. The Switch desperately needs more good third party games, Nintendo's own games are always great but not that many people will buy the Switch just to play Mario and Zelda.
Rayfist
Sandra Misu
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

I feel bad for the parents who need to keep up with all these newer Nintendo handhelds/rehashes for their kids. Otherwise, I quite like the design actually, looks very comfy as opposed to that really ugly toast-like shape of the original 2DS.
Rsandee wrote: The Switch desperately needs more good third party games, Nintendo's own games are always great but not that many people will buy the Switch just to play Mario and Zelda.
Yeah, well good luck with that. Knowing Nintendo, I can't imagine Switch will have stellar third party support at all. On that note... I really am surprised at how the Switch is selling as well at is, perhaps the Wii U really was marketed that poorly. Even hearing that Mario Kart deluxe, a literal rehash of Mario Kart 8 with additional features, is selling as well as it is came across as a surprise to me. Strange how Breath of The Wild, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, two titles that are available on the Wii U, are selling way better on the newer platform. Kudos to Nintendo though, I hope it will give more incentive to make more innovative titles and less of the play it safe stuff that we saw on Wii U.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
Hoodcom
Mr Dark
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Tings: 453317

Post by Hoodcom »

Rayfist wrote:I feel bad for the parents who need to keep up with all these newer Nintendo handhelds/rehashes for their kids. Otherwise, I quite like the design actually, looks very comfy as opposed to that really ugly toast-like shape of the original 2DS.
Did the 2DS ever sell all that well? I recall seeing it when it released but it certainly didn't looked comfortable, let alone as compact as a 3DS.

I very much like my 3DS XL.
Serza5
Mr Dark
Tings: 486315

Post by Serza5 »

I know that I saw a lot of interest in the 2ds for essentially being a cheaper alternative to the 3ds despite that design. (Although I recall them having those designs where you saw the inside of it which would've been nice for the 3ds).

Im mostly amazed that they think the "new" gimmick is worthwhile to have a 2ds variant for it. On that note is there even much of a game selection for "new" ds exclusive titles?
Words of Wisdom :
Master wrote:< can't compete with Serz, her power level is too great.
Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant:
Hoodcom
Mr Dark
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Tings: 453317

Post by Hoodcom »

Xenoblades Chronicles was the only one that I'm aware of for the "new" 3DS.
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Rayfist wrote:Yeah, well good luck with that. Knowing Nintendo, I can't imagine Switch will have stellar third party support at all. On that note... I really am surprised at how the Switch is selling as well at is, perhaps the Wii U really was marketed that poorly. Even hearing that Mario Kart deluxe, a literal rehash of Mario Kart 8 with additional features, is selling as well as it is came across as a surprise to me. Strange how Breath of The Wild, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, two titles that are available on the Wii U, are selling way better on the newer platform. Kudos to Nintendo though, I hope it will give more incentive to make more innovative titles and less of the play it safe stuff that we saw on Wii U.
Indeed, I've heard that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has done so well here that it was the top seller on release: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/top-1 ... 0-6449717/

While I'm a bit worried about third party support, I think if Ninty digs deep and brings back a few of their core franchises FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING, GIVE US A PROPER NEW METROID, and perhaps also brings in some of their handheld franchises, such as Pokemon, perhaps they might be able to get away with it this time. Either ways, I am actually very much forward to this year's E3, it's the first time in a while that I really think we'll see some nice stuff. E3 for the last few years have felt a bit...stagnant, I haven't really felt much in the way of hype.
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

Serza5 wrote:Im mostly amazed that they think the "new" gimmick is worthwhile to have a 2ds variant for it. On that note is there even much of a game selection for "new" ds exclusive titles?
Now that you've mentioned it... I really can't think of many reasons to recommend someone purchases any of the 'new' variants of 3ds over the older ones. Xenoblade Chronicles is a phenomenal game, but take it from me, that game does not do justice on New 3ds, try to scope out a wii version of the game, or get it on dolphin emulator. The added camera control in Majoras Mask and Monster Hunter 4 is nice but I hardly see it being a reason to purchase the newer iterations of the 3DS.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

I am wondering if anyone would be interested in buying an empty box(es) of Nintendo systems/games. I really need to choose between throwing away or passing it to a new owner given the pressure of thirds. For more informations just PM me, please!

I also am looking for someone who would like to keep a T-Shirt from The Legend of Zelda. Just like above, PM me if interested!
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

So, the Nintendo Theme Park is real:
Pirez
Globox
Tings: 98075

Post by Pirez »

>"Super Nintendo" World
> Castle is from the N64 game.

Maybe that's me being bitter that I'll never visit because I'm a sedentary man and all that shit, but that's not even trying, now, is it?
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

I haven't really played the most recent Mario titles, but I thought that the design of Peach's Castle had been fairly consistent since Mario 64. It certainly looked about the same in the Galaxy games.
Pirez
Globox
Tings: 98075

Post by Pirez »

Yeah, that was the joke : There's no Peache's Castle per se prior to Super Mario 64.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Hoodcom wrote:
Rayfist wrote:I feel bad for the parents who need to keep up with all these newer Nintendo handhelds/rehashes for their kids. Otherwise, I quite like the design actually, looks very comfy as opposed to that really ugly toast-like shape of the original 2DS.
Did the 2DS ever sell all that well? I recall seeing it when it released but it certainly didn't looked comfortable, let alone as compact as a 3DS.

I very much like my 3DS XL.
I had the opportunity to play on a 2DS before for two times and it is more ergonomic than what it seems at first, I got surprised as I wasn't really expecting it to work out. At least my hands were resting better than in my own system, which I think it did lack ergonomy.
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

SNES classic edition confirmed for release September 29th. Be sure to get day one or else you'll never get it, I promise you we will get another NES classic edition shortage issue here.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

They added Star Fox 2 to it? Blimey, talk about opening up the archives.
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

Very unexpected indeed. Here's the full game list:

There are definitely few games that don't need to be there such as Kirby's Dream Course, they should've replaced that with Dream Land 3 or something. Although I'm quite sure the hacking potential for this will be huge. Although I'm quite surprised by the amount of really good picks, Secrets of Mana, Final Fantasy 3, Earthbound, etc.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Serza5
Mr Dark
Tings: 486315

Post by Serza5 »

That game list combined with the most likely understock of the system is going to turn this release into a nightmare. Hell the value on that star fox alone would bring the demand to a sky rocketing height combined with all else. I can only hope nintendo have learned and actually have a good stock on this or else you'll most likely either not get it or give into the hoarder selling it on ebay for hundreds.
Words of Wisdom :
Master wrote:< can't compete with Serz, her power level is too great.
Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant:
Keane
André
Tings: 222528

Post by Keane »

Goddamm, that's a great lineup of games. H h h h here's to never owning it.
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
Greeness
Aurora
Tings: 17030

Post by Greeness »

I am pretty happy that we're actually going to get the completed version of Starfox 2 though, a game well deserving of an offical release.
Rare Rayman images Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Feel free to share any rare media that's missing.