Politics - your views

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.

Joe Biden is...

Good
7%
Bad
39%
Whatever
54%

Total votes: 28

Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Re: Politics - your views

Post by Master »

Theresa May has proposed snap elections on the 8th of June: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39629603

It goes to Parliament tomorrow, not confirmed happening yet.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610024

Post by Hunchman801 »

Keane wrote:we'll get back to the polls but I think for know we wanna talk about the BREAKING NEWS of trump launching 59 tomahawks on the Syrian government because he's an autistic orangutan.

[...]
Yeah, I'm hugely disappointed with Trump. I thought that one of the good things about his election was that he'd slow down American interventionism and leave the world in a better state, unlike his warmonger predecessors who are responsible for so much misery and the death of millions in the Middle East, but it seems he's just as dangerous in the end. :roll:

Oh, and Rand Paul is cool.
Cairnie
Murfy
Tings: 85030

Post by Cairnie »

Ugh the snap election. I don't want to vote for either fish eating gargoyle from Doom or weird man who is obsessed with train floors and toilets.
giant photobucket picture wuz ere

so wuz old psn banner

you know old out of date stuff
Keane
André
Tings: 222528

Post by Keane »

Hey hey hey!! You favourite poll is back with - refugees !
Hunchman801 wrote:Yeah, I'm hugely disappointed with Trump. I thought that one of the good things about his election was that he'd slow down American interventionism and leave the world in a better state, unlike his warmonger predecessors who are responsible for so much misery and the death of millions in the Middle East, but it seems he's just as dangerous in the end. :roll:
Yeas, I'm not happy with his national security council because they're all warmongers and are having an influence on him. I hope it was just him flexing his muscles trying to be a big strongman and it doesn't actually evolve into another Iraq.
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

The vote has passed the threshold, we're having a General Election in June. MPs approved the motion to call general election by 522 to 13.

So...I guess we're doing this again.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

And all of this just to change nothing. :winkgrin:
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

That Jeremy Corbyn must be some formidable man. My father was scratching his head, and I hear he's far from alone, about how the opposition could get less popular after a government was installed. Apparently it's possible when Corbyn is leading that opposition!
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

It is interesting how he's managed to get re-elected as leader after the no-confidence vote however, he must have some pretty hardcore supporters. I do wonder if this'll mean another Labour leadership challenge if they get completely trashed during this election.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

It's odd all right. Didn't a load of people join the party just to vote for him?
Either way, it's no worse than what happened with the Labour party over here after the last election. They were annihilated so, by the party's constitution, Joan Burton had to step down as leader. Brendan Howlin then got the job uncontested because none of their seven people left in the Dáil (Parliament) would second the leadership bid of Alan Kelly. I'm not a huge fan of either of them, mind, but putting the Posterboy for Austerity in charge of the party without a contest was certainly not the way to go about reconnecting with voters. :roll:
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Well, if some polls are to be believed, it looks like the Conservatives have hit 50% in the intention polls. I don't think I've ever seen such a large potential share in my life.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Post by Adsolution »

In other news:
A phone call between Brian Sandoval and Ganondorf regarding the Gerudos' recent frustration with global warming's effect on the desert was leaked on Friday. Due to the hierarchy of the king's nation and his refusal to expand government, Ganondorf was unable to provide statistics Sandoval considered substantial, and as a result, Sandoval insisted that there was nothing they could do without numbers, and that the king would have to try a new approach. The end goal appears to be the merging of the Nevada and Gerudo deserts, and though Ganondorf sees this as a logical step, especially considering the nation's geographical confinement by the united states, Sandoval remains skeptical, even going so far as to insist the Gerudos would pose a cultural threat to United States civilians.
neo
Musicien
Tings: 67444

Post by neo »

Hunchman801 wrote:
Keane wrote:we'll get back to the polls but I think for know we wanna talk about the BREAKING NEWS of trump launching 59 tomahawks on the Syrian government because he's an autistic orangutan.

[...]
Yeah, I'm hugely disappointed with Trump. I thought that one of the good things about his election was that he'd slow down American interventionism and leave the world in a better state, unlike his warmonger predecessors who are responsible for so much misery and the death of millions in the Middle East, but it seems he's just as dangerous in the end. :roll:

Oh, and Rand Paul is cool.
You know, I'm all for just focusing on our own shit. Trump's just incompetent. I don't want to have to be nuked because of his actions.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

The official toll for the Manchester bombing seems to be in, with 22 dead and 59 injured. The fact that they targeted an Ariana Grande concert is really disturbing, given that the audience obviously comprised a huge number of children and young teens, many of whom were hit. It's not known whether it was a terrorist attack or not, only that it was one guy and a backpack with a makeshift explosive, using screws and bolts as shrapnel.

Latest updates: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/liv ... on-england
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

They're saying suicide bombing, and are treating it like a terror attack. It's disgusting, regardless.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Sadly, we only have ourselves to blame for having allowed radical islam to thrive in our countries. :|
Adsolution
Aline Louïa

Post by Adsolution »

They either weren't able to identify the skin colour of the perpetrator or they haven't told us (if this was Germany, they certainly wouldn't!), so for all we know it could've just been some angry white guy with a seething hatred for modern pop culture. Whoever he is, he's almost certainly black now, so I'd say it's good that he's dead.
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Part of me wishes they weren't, just so that they couldn't die with the satisfaction of being martyred. But then they'd live with a sadistic notoriety.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

That's why ideas are so powerful... including bad ones. :|
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Indeed, and it ends up just causing even greater strife in communities: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-be ... s-40002497

I really wish we could carve out the extremist element, cause it feels like extremes are becoming ever more prominent.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Well of course, violence calls for violence and the whole thing turns into a never-ending circle. :(

But really, this country needs to understand that giving communities special privileges while doing nothing to integrate them doesn't help, and that multiculturalism, sectarianism and cultural isolationism only fuel terrorism in the end.