Beyond Good & Evil

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
#Rubber mark#
Murfy
Tings: 83021

Re: Beyond Good & Evil

Post by #Rubber mark# »

Did they say when it's coming out?
Jaster
Barbara
Tings: 10868

Post by Jaster »

I really loved the first BG&E, and I like they've finally released some fotage of BG&E2, but I didn't like so much what I saw, I wanted to have Jade in the sequel too, but it's a prequel now... and I know we haven't seen that much, but it doesn't look that it will take the same style of the first one (that bizarre and magic world) I don't know how to explain that, but it looks like Space GTA, but again, I think I'll have to see more, after all Ancel is behind this.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Anche nel guscio, la perla divien la schiava della corrente.

The Italian dub of this isn't that bad.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Might want to flag this one up to bump when this is all over.
Pirez
Globox
Tings: 98075

Post by Pirez »

Or maybe we should consider this topic as sacred ground...
Eren
El Stomacho
Tings: 24258

Post by Eren »

The new trailers hyped me so much for the game, loved the first on the ps2, definitely gonna love this too.
SIG UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Image Image
Steam Profile Youtube Account
Ambidextroid
Mini Jano
Tings: 675

Post by Ambidextroid »

I haven't played it yet still, I might try find a cheap copy
Pirez
Globox
Tings: 98075

Post by Pirez »

Don't take the GOG version, it's shit.
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Really? Reviews on Steam state to go buy the GoG version in lieu of the Steam one. Is there another version?
GOT4N
Photographe
Tings: 400

Post by GOT4N »

Steam version worked fine for me though :mrgreen:
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

There's the Uplay version which is free of charge now, isn't it? Either way, I can't say I've had any problems with the GoG version. Well, I fell through a floor once, but that's just the glitchiness of the PC version in general! And at least it doesn't seem to be incompatible with OBS!
Serza5
Mr Dark
Tings: 486315

Post by Serza5 »

There was a promotion about the UPlay one being free but I don't know if it's still like that. The only issue i've had playing that version is that for some reason there's a fairly big delay in audio for the intro sequence.
Words of Wisdom :
Master wrote:< can't compete with Serz, her power level is too great.
Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant:
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

I think the Uplay version was only free for a month due to Ubi's anniversary celebration, where they gave a free game every month. I think Rayman Origins and PoP: The Sands of Time were also given for free during a month of those celebrations.
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa

Post by PluMGMK »

Ah, now I get it.

Actually the more I think of it, the more I wonder if that OBS thing is some kind of DRM. Like maybe the Monstroplant being unaware of Jade is BGE's equivalent of the Rayman 2 pirate-head, and in the DRM-ed digital versions they re-tooled it to look for streaming software rather than invalid discs. That would explain why I can't reproduce it with the GOG version…
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Bumping. I just got an email from the Space Monkey Program, there's a stream on 7th December at 18:00 CET (So, 17:00 for us Brits)!
Dart
Clark
Tings: 49845

Post by Dart »

Hey guys I made a fairly cohesive recap of the stream, all still image concept art is featured here while video footage is timestamped for convenience.

>Team members Leading stream are Michael Ancel "Creative Director," Gabrielle Shrager "Narrative Director," Guillaume Brunier "Senior Producer,” and Kevin Erwin “Community Developer”

>Kevin introduces the 80,000 Space Monkeys, aka the BG&E2 community to the stream

>The Team is excited to be getting direct feedback and inspiration from the community

>Team is still going through the surveys from September, team is getting great data from it. This includes that half of the surveyors have beaten the first game 2+ times, mostly like RPG, Action Adventure, and Open-World games. And that their favorite parts of BG&E are mainly world, lore and characters.

>They then show off all the easter eggs within the e3 trailer

>Ancel says the connection between the 2 games is important despite the art style shift

>Ancel goes on to explain that open communication helps enrich the lore by being able to potentially put more ideas on the table to enrich the overall lore, having created several concept arts from talking with the fans

>30:00 They begin to go in depth of the nature of hybrids n BG&E2

>Talk about how hybrids would be discriminated or exploited against, best concepts are highlighted

>At 34:44 a video is played showing concept art and BTS footage of the hybrids including tigers, elephants, pigs, dogs, alligators, rhinos, monkeys, sharks, and gorillas. There’s naked humans too if you want to get kinky :hehe:

>Important character interaction: an idea is to for example, talk to Knox when he's upset to find out his grandparents have died and go to his home world to see the family

>40:00 shifts to spaceships with another mini video showcasing concept art of ingame footage of several ships, with customization ranging from decals for generic vehicles to full on customization of your personal gunship

>Team has tripled since e3, currently working on building and perfecting Ganesha City from the trailer trying to make everything seamless as possible from entering a room to entering a spaceship

>50:00 starts a Q&A, Ancel is asked if he intended to make a prequel, he says no it was originally gonna be a trilogy but while they created the universe they wanted to create an origin for this world, which does include Jade stating "she's got a dark side"

>One question asks if there are female hybrids, and to nobodies surprise, yes there all. :boon:

>Gabrielle says that they are indeed making both and making sure that these characters are varied in gender and species, Ancel also states they are even creating "Trance Gennard Charakterz," the reasoning seems in part due to the nature of how hybrids in particular involve lots of DNA splicing.

(The way he says trans-gendered characters makes me laugh, he has a cute accent! IMO here, while I'm flattered people care to represent trans people in media I hope they consider the ways that works realistically in a sci-fi which is something Mass Effect failed astoundingly at.)

>The team is asked if it's a traditional story like the original or will the players need to in essence create their own stories, they seem to be planing a little bit of everything, but there's a focus on sharing the experience with friends

>Everyone is eager for the continued support and feedback and are looking for more ways for the community to collaborate on the game and the stream ends

I had a lot of fun watching the stream and I recommend watching it if you are a huge nerd for BG&E like I am. I hope this long winded post helps create some discussions for everyone (TBH I've personally moved on from Rayman a bit while he is dormant hence why I am away from the site.)!
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

I missed the stream as I was in uni at the time, I'll be sure to watch it when I can, but at least I know the general gist now. Thanks for taking the time to compile a set of highlights, Dart, it's very much appreciated.
Dart
Clark
Tings: 49845

Post by Dart »

No problem, I dont know if there's any demand here for BGE2 updates but I'd love to create a sort of highlights real whenever something comes out since this the only gaming related thing I think I'll care heavily to involve with going into 2018
Droolie
Mr Sax
Tings: 61830

Post by Droolie »

Another question for the Space Monkey program, about environments this time: https://bgegame.com/2018/02/01/devs-ask ... monkeys-3/
More gorgeous environment art included.

One of the things I suggested (though apparently my comment is still awaiting moderation) is that they have the prison ship from Rayman 2 make an appearance -- it would be perfect since they are pirates from space, and that's what BG&E2 is all about. There are so many possibilities for Rayman 2 cameos!
Serza5
Mr Dark
Tings: 486315

Post by Serza5 »

Oh man those enviroment art would make excellent computer backgrounds! :O
Words of Wisdom :
Master wrote:< can't compete with Serz, her power level is too great.
Hoodcom wrote:^^^ does underestimate the power of the mighty Serza. You shall beheaded for your insult to the Queen of Scotland. :mefiant: