Sonic the Hedgehog

For everything not related to either Rayman or Pirate-Community.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
CHRdutch
El Stomacho
Tings: 23733

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog

Post by CHRdutch »

Greeness wrote:So apparently someone managed to leak a image of one of the new zones in Sonic Mania, with very interesting visuals if you'd ask me, I don't think we've ever seen an almost cathedral-like area in the earlier installments of the franchise:
Here's a link to the article:
https://nintendowire.com/news/2017/05/2 ... -material/
This screenshot looks even worse than the ones you would see in old magazines.
Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

It does remind me of the magazine scans I remember looking at on the Sonic Retro Wiki. I'm going to read this one a little further though, given how leaks are easy to fake.

EDIT: Alright, so it's legitimate, going off the Sonic Retro discussion - https://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php ... ntry892253
Rayfist
Sandra Misu
Tings: 176605

Post by Rayfist »

That new zone reminds me a lot of that water palace zone from Sonic Rush, looks pretty cool. I honestly would rather see a bunch of new stages rather than old remixed ones. The remixed levels look cool and all but the newer levels have really been driving my hype for this game. Also it seems we got a release date (don't know if faked or not)

August is much sooner than I thought and I think it might be a week or two before I head into the new college semester so it'd be a very relaxing way of ending the summer.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Imco wrote:+ I just beat the hell out of my sister. That was great :D
Hoodcom
Mr Dark
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge
Tings: 453317

Post by Hoodcom »

I am looking forward to their Sonic on the Sega Genesis figure with that. :D
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

That was legit, it was a trailer on the European Sonic Mania page that got taken down.

Either ways, doesn't matter, it's been confirmed for definite: EDIT: Pre-orders are open on Steam, it's £15, but they're giving it at 10% off for now, so it's £13.49.
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

What a cool little trailer that was, I really hope that's how the in-game cutscenes will look. That looks almost identical to the Sonic CD animation so I dig it.

I really hope after Mania, Sonic Team will continue to let the classic Sonic series proceed, I just want to be spoiled with these.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Indeed, I'm really glad they let Taxman and Stealth have a go at making their own game after their work with the Sonic CD, 1 and 2 remasters. I'd love to see them continue, the Sonic fangame community always seems to be fresh with ideas.
Hoodcom
Mr Dark
Location: R̸̨̧̛̝͎͔̹͉̫̞͚͎͈̫̲̘͕̞͔̼̣͍̞̤̹̫̘̼͚̤̮̟͍̺̯͍̜̹͓̤͖͎͌̀̿͗̍͌̈́̿̿͑̄̀͌̒̅͛̄̾̈͠ͅayman Pirate-Community Lodge

Post by Hoodcom »

Nice trailer there, I'm really looking forward to this for sure now. :)

Makes me want to fire up the Genesis with Sonic 3 and Knuckles now. Heh
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

Now that the full track is uploaded, I feel indifferent. I really don't like the start, and I'm actually not a fan of the singing/vocals, it just sounds really generic. Though the music itself is actually quite okay at best, it seems like a step in the right direction, but could be done much better. I imagine the custom character is gonna have more chiptune-like music for his/her stages
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Greeness
Aurora
Tings: 17030

Post by Greeness »

For me it lacks what made vocal music in modern Sonic games so enjoyable, the fact that every song had a strong meaning behind it that can go beyond the games, however unfortunately this is not the case here.
Rare Rayman images Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Feel free to share any rare media that's missing.
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

While I agree that it's a bit odd as a stage theme, I kinda like it myself.

It didn't take long for SiIvagunner to make a rip of it either:
Greeness
Aurora

Post by Greeness »

Well, it appears that Chemical plant was revealed for Sonic Mania with both acts being shown

With this being my favorite zone in the classic series, I am greatly happy with it being in Sonic Mania, I love the new innovation of the bouncing platforms and wall moving jumping pads.

With addition to that, this photo was also shown online, it appears to be the death egg robot in what looks to be green hill act 2, implying it is the boss of that act:
Rayfist
Sandra Misu

Post by Rayfist »

Looks great, though I have to admit I'm a little concerned in regards to the remix stages, I really want to see more Mania-exclusive stages similar to that of Studiopolis or Mirage Saloon. As for remix stages we have Green Hill, Flying battery, Stardust speedway, and now Chemical Plant. While the remix stages seem all fun and all, I just want some more Mania stages.
Steam PSN Youtube
Follow me on Twitter
Hoodcom
Mr Dark

Post by Hoodcom »

Yeah, I don't typically mind the idea of remixing stages but I hope they find a good balance between new stages and remix.
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Between all the excitement from Ninty, we have more Sonic Forces stuff:
Greeness
Aurora

Post by Greeness »

As someone who firstly introduced to sonic through the adventure era of games(sa1-heroes) and Sonic X, I was really happy to see Chaos and Shadow again as a part of the main plot, Metal Sonic is in my opinion had been too frequently used in recent titles though I still welcome his return, I also didn't think there was a need to bring back Zavok since he was a bland antagonist compared to the other 3 I just mentioned, and the new antagonist (Which was apparently announced to be named "Infinite") had a interesting design and I'm curious to see what could be done with him in the game.
CHRdutch
El Stomacho
Tings: 23733

Post by CHRdutch »

Ambidextroid wrote:< was in such a rush < had no time for breakfast, so < took a fistful of corn flakes and stuffed them in <'s mouth, then poured milk over the top. It worked but it drizzled milk all over <'s front...
Record Day 2015 madness
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Wow, that's a pretty impressive statue there, the effect they've got with the lights on the super peel out is really nicely done.
Keane
André
Tings: 222528

Post by Keane »

If mr. bean and sonic raced, would mr. bean win given the scene where he runs past the elevator in the hotel really quickly?
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

So, about two weeks now 'til the release of Sonic Mania, I'm really looking forward to it.