RaySaves - The Rayman Savegame Archive!

For all things related to Pirate-Community and its websites.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Robotic Teensie
Ptizêtre Gothique
Tings: 3130

RaySaves - The Rayman Savegame Archive!

Post by Robotic Teensie »

RaySaves is the website where you can get savegames for Rayman games.
Get immediate access to any area! With RaySaves you can play your favourite levels now!

Link: http://raysaves.raymanpc.com/

The savegames in RaySaves are special: all scores in them have been set to 0. You can set your own scores!

Using RaySaves is easy:
  • Download a savegame
  • Place it in the correct folder
  • Play!
Currently, savegames for Rayman 1 and Rayman 3 are available. More games will be online in the future!

Progress update: Finished the Rayman 1 page! Update is now live!

Credits

Code: Select all

ORIGINAL CONCEPT & PRODUCER
Robotic Teensie

LOGO ARTIST
Adsolution

ART ASSISTANT
TFDs39

SAVEGAME PRODUCTION ASSISTANTS
emshomar
TFDs39

TECHNICAL CONSULTANTS
Master4lyf1
TFDs39
emshomar

ARTISTIC CONSULTANTS
Minor-T5
Master4lyf1
Adsolution
sergiomonty
Shrooblord
Rayfist
Rulez
Haruka

WEBSITE TESTERS
Shrooblord
Minor-T5

WEB HOSTING
Hunchman801
000webhost

SPECIAL THANKS
All of the above
Raymanni
saerleiya
Keane
The Rayman Pirate Community
The site is currently hosted by 000webhost. It'll go to RaymanPC soon!
The site is now hosted by Rayman Pirate-Community!
Last edited by Robotic Teensie on Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:35 am, edited 10 times in total.
Raymanni
Carnivora
Tings: 12835

Re: RaySaves - The Rayman Savegame Archive!

Post by Raymanni »

I'm sure this is going to get very usefull! I should try some of my favourite levels. ;)
Minor-T5
Knaaren
Tings: 5654

Post by Minor-T5 »

It works great, Robotic Teensie!
Last edited by Minor-T5 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snagglebee
Pti-lote
Tings: 2750

Post by Snagglebee »

I would like to help you collecting save games :)
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

The website certainly fits the Rayman PC aesthetic, here's hoping the capability of having your site officially affiliated with RPC is realised.
Robotic Teensie
Ptizêtre Gothique

Thank you for the compliments, and enjoy the savegames!
emshomar wrote:I would like to help you collecting save games :)
Ohh, that is great news! It will be very helpful indeed!

The next game I'm going to do is Rayman 1. For this game, I'll need several savegames.
  • The main savegame: it has every level in the first five worlds unlocked, and played through once. It does not have Candy Château unlocked.
  • The final savegame: it has Candy Château unlocked. TFDs39 already gave me this one. :)
  • The special, one-time savegames: these are for special events that happen only once in the game (such as a boss fight) - events that can't be accessed via the other savegames.
Now, for every savegame there are some important rules.
Rules for the main savegame
  • NONE of the electoon cages may have been broken, so that the user can find them themselves. The total cage count must be zero.
  • NONE of the Magician's bonus levels may have been visited. They must ALL be 'open', so that the user can earn a life from them. The total bonus-stages-completed count must be zero.
  • NONE of the life statues may have been picked up, so that the user can pick them up themselves. The total life-statues-picked-up count must be zero.
  • Every level (except for Candy Château) must have been played through at least once.
Okay, so the main savegame is just a single savegame. But there are many special, one-time events, and there's a savegame for each one:
  1. Pink Plant Woods (meeting Betilla)
  2. Anguish Lagoon (fighting Bzzit and meeting Betilla)
  3. Moskito's Nest (fighting Moskito and meeting Betilla)
  4. Allegro Presto (meeting Mr Sax and Betilla)
  5. Mr Sax's Hullaballoo (fighting Mr Sax)
  6. Twilight Gulch (being chased by Mr Stone)
  7. Mr Stone's Peaks (fighting Mr Stone and meeting Betilla)
  8. Eraser Plains (fighting Space Mama)
  9. Space Mama's Crater (fighting Space Mama)
  10. Eat at Joe's (meeting Joe)
  11. Mr Skops' Stalactites (fighting Skops)
This means there will be eleven special savegames! And for the special savegames, there are more rules:
Rules for the special, one-time savegames
  • NONE of the electoon cages may have been broken, so that the user can find them themselves. The total cage count must be zero.
  • NONE of the Magician's bonus levels may have been visited. They must ALL be 'open', so that the user can earn a life from them. The total bonus-stages-completed count must be zero.
  • NONE of the life statues may have been picked up, so that the user can pick them up themselves. The total life-statues-picked-up count must be zero.
  • Every previous level must have been played through at least once, but NOT the special level itself. For example, for the Moskito's Nest savegame, you must have played through Pink Plant Woods, Anguish Lagoon and The Swamps of Forgetfulness, but NOT Moskito's Nest itself (and also NOT any Band Land levels, because they happen later on in the story). The order of the levels is described here: http://www.raymanpc.com/wiki/en/Rayman_1#Plot.
  • The "unlock all abilities" cheat must NOT have been used (otherwise you could, for instance, fight Moskito with the helicopter or running power, and that would be bad).
Cheat Engine is not needed - all you need is Rayman 1. If you want to help you will have to do this:
  1. Play through the levels in the correct, chronological order (the order described here).
  2. Carefully avoid all bonus stages, life statues and cages.
  3. Do not use the "unlock all abilities" cheat.
  4. Just before you reach a special stage (check the list above), go to the Rayman savegame folder and copy the savegame. Paste it somewhere else on your computer. This is how you'll build a collection of savegames. Don't overwrite previous saves, place it next to them!
  5. After playing through Mr Skops' Stalactites, copy the savegame over one more time (this is the main savegame).
Oh, there is a "winmap" cheat that apparently lets you go immediately to the next world... I haven't used it yet (as I haven't started collecting R1 savegames yet), but if it breaks the savegame rules... don't use it. :wink:

It's probably best if you named the savegame "SAV" and placed it in the third slot.
Snagglebee
Pti-lote

Post by Snagglebee »

OK. I read the rules and understood.
Shrooblord
Mr Stone
Tings: 67030

Post by Shrooblord »

I love the aesthetics of the website. It looks neat and tidy, but also cool and functional. Great job! I'll use this eagerly, for sure.
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~! (Or here.)
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.
Robotic Teensie
Ptizêtre Gothique

Emshomar has just given me the remaining Rayman 1 savegames! Now I can make a new main page - the current page you see is really the Rayman 3 page - and I can also create the Rayman 1 page.

EDIT: Progress update: Finished the new main page and the Rayman 3 page. Now I'll have to make the R1 page...
EDIT 2: Progress update 2: See the post below!
Last edited by Robotic Teensie on Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robotic Teensie
Ptizêtre Gothique

Well guys, I have good news! Hunch has replied - RaySaves will become a Pirate-Community affiliate and it will be hosted here on raymanpc.com! :mryellow:
There are some technical things Hunch has to sort out first though, so until that's done I'll continue to use 000webhost.

I've been working hard on RaySaves and I've restructured the website so more Rayman games can be added to it. So there's a new front page, and I've also nearly finished the Rayman 1 subpage - I completed the screenshot galleries today (RayWiki was VERY helpful for this :winkgrin:)!

The Band Land tab of the Rayman 1 subpage

I realised that long post I made previously about only needing 11 special savegames is wrong - I needed some more savegames because one does not have all powers yet in the earlier levels (for example, you can't run yet during your first visit to the Swamps of Forgetfulness). However, emshomar fortunately made a savegame for every level - despite my incorrect instructions I got all the savegames I needed! :D

There are three final things I need to do - make the 'home' tab for the game subpages look a little bit nicer (most of the work here is done already), possibly 'enhance' the savegames a little bit (it would be nice to not start with a partially filled life bar...) and set up Dropbox direct download links.

I will be leaving for a few days tomorrow - I won't be back until Saturday. So RaySaves will not be updated until then. For now, as a preview, I'll give you a link to a .ZIP archive containing savegames for each level (except for Candy Château). No lives, cages and bonus levels have been touched:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nywfepyxy9tg4as/Ray1SAVES.zip

Rename the savegame you want to use to RAYMAN1.SAV or RAYMAN2.SAV or RAYMAN3.SAV, depending on what slot you want to use in the menu. Then, place that savegame in R1's savegame folder and you're good to go!
Snagglebee
Pti-lote

Post by Snagglebee »

That's great news RoboTees.
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

Congrats RoboTeensie! Yet again, you've provided a great service to this community, and it's great to know that this community will now be host to your efforts.
In the meantime, have a good holiday.
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Fantastic work, RT!

This can also be particularly useful for RayWiki as a way to use "shortcuts" for anything that we look for to add in an article. Here are 500 Tings of reward! ;)
saerleiya
Premier Grand Mini
Tings: 5782

Post by saerleiya »

Hey, this work is awesome. You finally made a thread for it after having talked about in another one (I don't remember which one it was, but if I find out I'll edit my comment).

A big question : in each savegame, do you have the "life kit" you have in the beginning of the game (4 lifes 9 continues) or emsh is so bad he dropped it to 0 life 0 continue :P (not against you emsh)? I'm asking (well I haven't been using your savegames available yet but I prefer not give them a try because I'm currently trying to finish the game for the first time and if there is a savegame for Candy Chateau and i know how to have it it's too tempting meh).
Adsolution wrote:
saerleiya wrote:RayFag'
Aahh, you're exposing my Rule34 account.
Robotic Teensie
Ptizêtre Gothique

@Haruka: Hah, I hadn't thought of that, but you're right - it's now much easier to investigate something for RayWiki!

@saerleiya: It was the Rayman 3 thread (because the project was originally just a R3 savegame archive).
Your question is a good one - for RaySaves I want to make the savegames as "neutral" as possible. You, the player, should be in control of everything - your gameplay experience mustn't be affected by the previous player's performance. So I'll do my best to make the savegames of the highest quality - no changing of the life count, the amount of continues, etc.
Emshomar did keep the lives at 4 and the continues at 9, so that's great! However, the HP and ting count is changed. I tried playing through the game with the "winmap" cheat yesterday, and I now understand why those stats were changed - in some areas you can't use the cheat and you'll have to play through the area, and avoiding every ting AND not getting hit at all is just impossible. So I will now try to use Cheat Engine to lock the HP to 3 (the starting amount) and the ting count to 0, and then use the cheat to get through the levels. I haven't used Cheat Engine on Rayman 1 before, so I don't know how it'll go - I'll keep you posted.

EDIT:
Do you guys think the default life count (4 lives, 9 continues) is enough for a savegame? When you start a higher level on a normal playthrough you usually have more than 4 lives.

Okay, I went with default and I made a whole new set of savegames. The ting count and life count are both 2 byte values and can easily be found with Cheat Engine. I couldn't find the HP value, but I didn't need to freeze it in the end - in the rare parts where the winmap cheat didn't work, I managed to avoid getting hit so I didn't lose any HP there.
Robotic Teensie
Ptizêtre Gothique

Re: RaySaves - The Rayman Savegame Archive! (R1 now online!)

Major update! Rayman 1 page is online!

I just finished the new main page and the Rayman 1 subpage! R1 savegames are now available!
If you don't see the new page, clear your browser's cache.
TFDS
Aline Louïa
Tings: 123720

Post by TFDS »

The R1 page looks awesome RT :)
Btw,did you figured out how to get 0 lums and 0 electoons in every world in Origins for Raysaves?
Robotic Teensie
Ptizêtre Gothique

I haven't done anything with Origins yet... in fact, I think I'm going to do Rayman 2 first to fill that gap between R1 and R3. After that I'll do Origins. I don't have time to work on R2 right now though... my final exams are starting in a week's time and I gotta study for that...

For Origins, setting the lums to 0 shouldn't be too hard... well... maybe it will. If I can find the lums value with Cheat Engine and freeze it, it's easy. However not all values are easily found - for example, I haven't been able to find the current score value in R3, or the HP value in R1.

The 0 electoons thing is harder. I can avoid most electoons, but there is always a cage at the end of a level that you have to break to finish the level. I'm not sure how to bypass that yet. Also, there is a point in the world map of almost every world where a nymph will not let you through until you have enough electoons (I may be able to fool the nymph with Cheat Engine though :P).

The savegame looks like it might be unencrypted, but learning how to hack it is going to take some time. I will only resort to that if Cheat Engine doesn't work.

If all that fails, I can still give you one savegame per level (which would ensure that level is absolutely untouched - no lums/electoons), and a main savegame where you'll be able to play all levels with only one electoon gathered in each level (from the end cage), and no lums or other electoons. If the nymph hack fails, there will be several main savegames - roughly one for each world.

But R2 is first. For that, I'll need to get 0 yellow lums everywhere (which shouldn't be too hard - hopefully) and 0 cages too (which will be harder...).
Also, some areas of R2 are only visited once (such as fighting the guardians of the masks, or flying the pirate ship in the mines). Hmmm... should I make two savegames per level then? One for the first visit, one for a revisit?
Keane
André
Tings: 222528

Post by Keane »

Wow, fantastic work. :)
Burgers float into my room...
Adsolution wrote:muse - showbiz (super mario sunshiner mario falling sound cover ending)
Shrooblord
Mr Stone
Tings: 67030

Post by Shrooblord »

Robotic Teensie wrote:my final exams are starting in a week's time and I gotta study for that...
Hah, yours too, huh? Good luck to you!
Robotic Teensie wrote:But R2 is first. For that, I'll need to get 0 yellow lums everywhere (which shouldn't be too hard - hopefully) and 0 cages too (which will be harder...).
Passing the Woods of Light without collecting any Lums or breaking any Cages will probably be impossible, unless you can hack yourself past that level - or maybe hack-reset it to 0 (which might effectively give you the possibility to start the whole game anew from within the Prison Ship cell...?).
Some Cages are crucial - Teensies that open the Spiral Doors for you are the ending to half, if not more, of the levels in R2.

Robotic Teensie wrote:Also, some areas of R2 are only visited once (such as fighting the guardians of the masks, or flying the pirate ship in the mines). Hmmm... should I make two savegames per level then? One for the first visit, one for a revisit?
For completion's sake, I'd say yes, but in my own mind, I'd say that doesn't make sense - why would you want a savegame in which everything is reset to 0, except for the one-time events? I'd love to be able to chain boss battles, or redo the Pirate Mines over and over. Some of the one-time events in this game are priceless, and I'm sad they've been rendered one-time events.
Play Rayman Arena (PC) online with friends~! (Or here.)
Dart wrote:Sometimes life just comes out of nowhere and demands a lot of your attention.