RaySaves - The Rayman Savegame Archive!

For all things related to Pirate-Community and its websites.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
MrDalitrox
Grand Mini
Tings: 5080

Re: RaySaves - The Rayman Savegame Archive!

Post by MrDalitrox »

And whether one could do the same with Rayman 2?
Master
Rayman 1
Tings: 404084

Post by Master »

RibShark wrote:
Rock_TBT wrote:Is there a particular reason as to why there isn´t a section for Rayman 2 on RaySaves yet?
Yes, Rayman 2's save format is quite strange and changing one save slot is not possible without changing or deleting the others. In order for it to work properly, the save format must be worked out, and a program must be made to load new saves.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman
Tings: 610019

Post by Hunchman801 »

MagicalPlatypus wants to provide RaySaves with Rayman Revolution save states, however I believe 0% saves wouldn't work because some levels require a minimum amount of Lums. How do you guys think we should proceed?
RibShark
Feuillu
Tings: 1735

Post by RibShark »

Hunchman801 wrote:MagicalPlatypus wants to provide RaySaves with Rayman Revolution save states, however I believe 0% saves wouldn't work because some levels require a minimum amount of Lums. How do you guys think we should proceed?
There's probably a flag which says how many times the Council Chamber of the Teensies has been passed through to get to a Sanctuary/Iron Mountains. If this is above four times I would assume that all of those levels will load regardless.
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

If this is Revolution, then there is no council. If memory serves, the Sanctuaries were locked off in various ways:

Water & Ice - Bzzit needed
Stone and Fire - Globox & Carmen
Lava Sanctuary - Destroy Generators
Iron Mountains - Free Clark

That makes things potentially simpler in one regard and trickier in another. It might be that those prerequisites are fulfilled and the game hacked to 0%, but if that was the case, would the levels be in their unplayed state?
RibShark
Feuillu

Post by RibShark »

Master wrote:If this is Revolution, then there is no council. If memory serves, the Sanctuaries were locked off in various ways:

Water & Ice - Bzzit needed
Stone and Fire - Globox & Carmen
Lava Sanctuary - Destroy Generators
Iron Mountains - Free Clark

That makes things potentially simpler in one regard and trickier in another. It might be that those prerequisites are fulfilled and the game hacked to 0%, but if that was the case, would the levels be in their unplayed state?
Ah yes, I forgot about that. It should be possible to hack the lum and cage counter to 0 after playing through each level, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Good point, I'll let him know though I'm not sure he's used CheatEngine in the past.
RayCarrot
Tily
Tings: 36217

Post by RayCarrot »

It should be more or less possible to skip any Lums, since the game never required you to have a specific amount. The biggest issues would probably be:
- The Marshes of Awakening - The Sssssam section
- Hub world - During the Clark cutscene Rayman automatically collects a Lum
- The Canopy - During the cutscene before the warship Rayman automatically collects a Lum
- Boss Biditank - One Lum has to be collected in order to use the canon
- The Sanctuary of Water and Ice - The sliding section
- The Prison Ship - The entire level

Cheat engine can be used to change the values, though he may also need to change the total values (xxx/1000).
Now, if no Lums are collected it'll also mean that no upgrades can be bought. I'm not sure if they're ever required (probably not though). Also, the 5 Lums in the first stage will need to be collected no matter what, so the counter should always stay on 5/1000.
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

To clarify what I meant by "levels in unplayed state," I mean to do with one-time events within the levels. For instance, there's a special Robo-Pirate encounter in the Bayou when you free Bzzit, I don't think it happens again when revisiting. While it's all well and good resetting the lum and cage counts, the level is still technically
played if said events don't occur.

EDIT: Looking through again, this is besides the point, if you're going for plot, you'd probably pick out the save games where said plot happens.
MagicalPlatypus7
Moussu
Tings: 1120

Post by MagicalPlatypus7 »

Phew ! sound complicated , I sorry I thought you needed simple completed save with all level unlocked, however I can still finish the game and send the files to someone who know how to use cheatEngine
Tout ce qui ne me tue pas
devrait courir!
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Maybe we could just go for save states with the minimum amount of Lums collected? That would require no memory editing and we could have one save per level.
Master
Rayman 1

Post by Master »

Hunchman801 wrote:Let's take the discussion to the RaySaves thread. :)
And, here we are:
Master wrote:Hmm, though in that case, wouldn't it be easier to just use the "gothere" cheat? It saves a lot of hassle from having to muck about with the weirdness that is Rayman 2's save games.

That being said, < does agree that we could do with expanding to other platforms, and Ambi's cheat sheet looks promising.
RibShark wrote:< can hack the Rayman 2 saves just fine (although < is unsure whether < could unlock the sanctuaries without the required lums, but it is more likely than not), the trouble is that Rayman 2 has multiple files that are used to save. Actually, when < thinks of it, < could probably just put the save folders in a .zip file and upload them.
Master wrote:On the topic of RaySaves, < thinks < mentioned this before to someone, < can't remember if it was to you or Humch. < was wondering if it'd be possible to have the site contain a link to go back to the portal, presently, there's no way to navigate back when you're navigating within RaySaves.
RibShark wrote:< is considering completely rebuilding RaySaves (possibly taking inspiration from the new RayTunes design), but < doesn't know whether < will have the time to do it though. In the mean time, < will try and put a link back to the portal.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Well I agree that mentioning the GOTHERE cheat in the Rayman 2 page would be enough as far as the PC version is concerned.

But then, adding saves for other platforms would be great as well. :)
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

I have got few different save files of Rayman games that I played through emulation I can also share.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Nice, could you please make a list?
Haruka
Sandra Misu
Tings: 178780

Post by Haruka »

Sure, I will write them down here once I can.

EDIT: Here's what I have...

Rayman 1

PC (100%)

PS1 (100%, both PAL and NTSC-J)

GBC (I know it does not work with save files but I have the 100% save file password)

Rayman 2

PC (100% - I know the story)

PS1 (100%, both PAL and NTSC)

PS2 (100%, PAL)

DC (100% + Exclusive minigames in the same file)

Rayman Rush

PAL - 99,2%

NTSC - 99,5%

Rayman M/Arena

PC (100%)

PS2 (Incomplete, PAL)

GC (100%)

Rayman 3

PC (100%)

PS2 (100%, PAL)

GC (Incomplete; stopped in the Summit, PAL)

RRR1

PC (Only missing 1 mini-game to beat)

GBA (100%, PAL)

RO

PC (100%)

RL

PC (100%)

Save files I lost with the time - R1Jaguar, R2N64, R2FGBC, R3GBA, RHRGBA.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Ribshark, do you have any idea when you'll be able to work on additional sections for the website? I understand you're quite busy at the moment.
RibShark
Feuillu

Post by RibShark »

Hunchman801 wrote:Ribshark, do you have any idea when you'll be able to work on additional sections for the website? I understand you're quite busy at the moment.
Soon-ish. I've got my A-Level exams coming up (they aren't life or death though as I've got a place at my chosen university regardless, but for future job prospects and personal satisfaction I would like to do as well as possible), but I'd like to get it done over the summer this year once my exams are over.
Hunchman801
Bad Rayman

Post by Hunchman801 »

Sounds great, good luck with the exams. :)
RibShark
Feuillu

Post by RibShark »

I've started work on the new site. No telling how long it will take me yet, though.