RayModels suggestion

For all things related to Pirate-Community and its websites.

Moderator: English moderators

Forum rules
Please keep the forum rules and guidelines in mind when creating or replying to a topic.
Adsolution
Aline Louïa
Tings: 106718

Re: RayModels suggestion

Post by Adsolution »

I did answer your question: it's complicated. They're not stored in individual files, nor is it any kind of standard model format, nor does the game even instance them how you think it would. Some generic models like Rayman are stored in Fix.sna, but most of them are re-defined every time they appear inside the level files themselves, and extracting them is also a relatively complicated process. When they're extracted we convert them to a user-friendly format like OBJ anyway.

We haven't taken a look at Rayman 3 yet (that I can recall), but a lot of the same rules will likely apply since they're running off of the same engine.
Rock_TBT
Ptizêtre en or
Tings: 935

Post by Rock_TBT »

Adsolution wrote:I did answer your question: it's complicated. They're not stored in individual files, nor is it any kind of standard model format, nor does the game even instance them how you think it would. Some generic models like Rayman are stored in Fix.sna, but most of them are re-defined every time they appear inside the level files themselves, and extracting them is also a relatively complicated process. When they're extracted we convert them to a user-friendly format like OBJ anyway.

We haven't taken a look at Rayman 3 yet (that I can recall), but a lot of the same rules will likely apply since they're running off of the same engine.
Is it known what Rayman 3´s "fix"-files and .lvl files contain?
PluMGMK
Aline Louïa
Tings: 102745

Post by PluMGMK »

Adsolution wrote:I did answer your question: it's complicated. They're not stored in individual files, nor is it any kind of standard model format, nor does the game even instance them how you think it would. Some generic models like Rayman are stored in Fix.sna, but most of them are re-defined every time they appear inside the level files themselves, and extracting them is also a relatively complicated process. When they're extracted we convert them to a user-friendly format like OBJ anyway.
Wow, and I used to think it was all really efficient, looking at the file sizes. :tssk: I'm sure there are good reasons for all the methods they used though.
Rock_TBT wrote:Is it known what Rayman 3´s "fix"-files and .lvl files contain?
Globally available textures, models, text and such. Apart from the text, we don't really know any specifics as far as I know.
The Jonster
Joe
Tings: 78205

Post by The Jonster »

A year has passed since this suggestion, seems to be the case for a lot of things[/]
Last edited by The Jonster on Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always be true to yourself.
Sigs by Steo and R4Y_ANC3L
Steo
Globox
Tings: 91547

Post by Steo »

The Jonster wrote:A year has passed since this suggestion, seems to be the case for a lot of things
Then off you go, implement all of them yourself since it's so easy :P
FC: 40210 | CF: 103059 | BOM: 94388 | LOTLD: 120486 | DOTK: 110450 | LS: 40810 | SBTC: 99693 | HH: 100028 | TOTL: 100563

TOTAL: 809687